Explosion on bridge at US/canada border. Niagra Falls

20,282 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by BG Knocc Out
Demosthenes81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

First reports are all over the place. Reports that all crossings are shut down. Very early so who knows.
Rapier108

I was going to say an explosion could have simply been a car fire where the fuel tank exploded, but that does not look to be very likely.

Would not be a surprise if it was a case of premature jihadation.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
From listening to the scanner, the FBI is already on scene and more on the way.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/39689
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ornithopter
AG
Yikes

45-70Ag
AG
Fox is saying it's a confirmed terrorist attack.
Yesterday
AG
Guarantee they were stopped for suspicion and the bomber blew it up before they were caught.
aggiehawg
AG
Any casualties (besides the driver) being reported?
45-70Ag
AG
Both occupants killed
One CPB officer injured. Didn't say to what extent.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks. Prayers for the officers that are injured along with their friends and families.
jt2hunt
AG
So CBS was warning about a possible terrace attack a day or two ago.
whatthehey78
AG
Prayers.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Can we PLEASE close BOTH borders now? Pretty please?!?!?
BigRobSA
jt2hunt said:

First, they blew up a bridge and NOW a terrace!?

Logos Stick
Why not come through the southern border? Terrorist's are not smart.
chickencoupe16
AG
Who had "Canadian border is more unsafe than Mexican border" on their 2023 bingo?
UAS Ag
BigRobSA said:

jt2hunt said:

First, they blew up a bridge and NOW a terrace!?

No...THEN a terrace. It was a day or two ago. DUH...
h1ag
AG
A couple of months ago, I had work travel in Toronto followed by a family wedding in Buffalo. I came across the Rainbow Bridge on my way back into the US. On both sides, the agents seemed more interested in telling me to have a nice day than asking for identification. Totally anecdotal, but it seemed like a WAYYYYY softer target than any of the southern crossings I've ever seen.
jt2hunt
AG
Lol Siri
UAS Ag
h1ag said:

A couple of months ago, I had work travel in Toronto followed by a family wedding in Buffalo. I came across the Rainbow Bridge on my way back into the US. On both sides, the agents seemed more interested in telling me to have a nice day than asking for identification. Totally anecdotal, but it seemed like a WAYYYYY softer target than any of the southern crossings I've ever seen.
I remember when I'd travel to Ottawa. You'd get in the airport to leave and everyone is dressed like SWAT on the Canadian side...you'd go through security and then go into the area to show your passport to the American TSA guy...who was dressed like Barney Fife

I always wanted to ask to see the bullet.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Odd place for an attack
FL_Ag1998
AG
If this were a Rep admin in the W.H. the news would already be lambasting them for not stopping it before it started.

But since its a Dem this will barely make a blip in the MSM and will be brushed aside within 2 days by a story of some poor transgender male not being allowed to play on an all female soccer team.
flakrat
AG
Wonder if they just loaded up the vehicle with a bunch of gas cans, then rammed the booth
AgCat93
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

Odd place for an attack

Not really. Everyone would think southern border but leave the northern border complacent.
Raiderjay
Fox reporting local law enforcement says it was an attempted terrorist attack, car had 'large amount' of explosives, and the car was going from the US into Canada...

Hoyt Ag
AG
I dont disagree, but I was thinking if it is certain groups behind it, they would want more dead and carnage.
aginresearch
AG
Border crossing was probably not the target.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Fox says looking for 2nd car.
aginresearch
AG
Transiting of our borders is a national security concern. The government of the United States and it's people have a right to know who is transiting our borders and for what purposes they are doing so.
aggiehawg
AG
Raiderjay said:

Fox reporting local law enforcement says it was an attempted terrorist attack, car had 'large amount' of explosives, and the car was going from the US into Canada...

Wait, from the US into Canada? Not the other way around?
Raiderjay
aggiehawg said:

Raiderjay said:

Wait, from the US into Canada? Not the other way around?
that is what Fox is reporting....
MsDoubleD81
AG
They just said conflicting info. Going to Canada from US is EZ pass lane.
h1ag
AG
It's a long, straight shot with one drop arm barrier keeping traffic from a very busy tourist area. When I drove through at 5pm on a Friday afternoon, there were maybe 2 cars in line. If you watch and time it right, I can see how someone could expect to pick up a head of steam and end up in an area surrounded by a ton of vulnerable people.
Phatbob
AG
"I'll give them something to be soo-rry aboot"
aezmvp
Not if they were stopped and about to get searched.
Grapes
I crossed at that spot 3 times this past weekend for my sons hockey tourney.

Really makes you think.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.