Israel/Hamas going at it

1,664,636 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really do love the sound of the bombs and how they reverb so much.

A few were just dropped at 3:25 Gaza time
riverrataggie
AG
TAMUallen said:

For Biden now bringing up the rules of war and AOC saying the Israelis are committing war crimes against the poor innocent people of Gaza....

We firebombed 67 Japanese cities killing anywhere from 200,000 people to 1 million. It's war. It isn't a White House bbq

Don't let them turn this into something it isn't. Israel is not murdering citizens. Their goal is Hamas. Potential to be casualties. Yes.

But Hamas could also let all the citizens go and not cower behind them. Israel is not murdering palestines. Hamas is.

Don't let them change the narrative
AgBQ-00
AG
Dan Carlin said it perfectly in his Supernova in the East series. Something along the lines that those tactics did not come out of nowhere. But they came out of the insanity of the meat grinder that was that war.
I think Israel will be restrained as far as trying to limit casualties to Hamas. But I don't think they will be halting in their mission and will complete it.
Robert L. Peters
Israel is being so calm and organized about this ground offensive. Bros are going to massacre these people. Hamas guys have a really bad choice of dying or being tortured for the rest of their lives. I guess in their minds they have Allah and paradise awaiting them.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Claverack
Give them hell a bit earlier than anticipated...

Quote:

On the night of March 9, 1945, U.S. warplanes launch a new bombing offensive against Japan, dropping 2,000 tons of incendiary bombs on Tokyo over the course of the next 48 hours. Almost 16 square miles in and around the Japanese capital were incinerated, and between 80,000 and 130,000 Japanese civilians were killed in the worst single firestorm in recorded history.

Give Hamas and Gaza something it will never forget.

If someone had done this to the nation of our grandparents, then all rules would have been off and a WWII-era Hamas would have been fortunate to see anyone left standing after they were done with them.

I'm certain Blinken is going over there to beg the Israelis to tie one hand behind their backs and let bygones by bygones.

I'm equally certain Netanyahu and those with him are more aligned with the total war philosophy of the WWII generation and will tell Blinken what he can do with his proposal.

samurai_science
Wrec86 Ag said:

Rebel Yell said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

War crimes are what you've seen from Hamas. FAFO

I am nowhere near an AOC supporter, but I don't think Hamas committing war crimes means that you should do so in return.

That makes you no better than they are.

If 56% of the country voted for Hamas, that means that 44% didn't. Do you want to be held accountable with your life for everything that Joe Biden does? (assuming you are a conservative)
You are correct . . . if the war crimes you are talking about are burning children alive, raping women, dragging men behind cars, making grandmothers log onto their Facebook live accounts so their families can witness their torture and murder.

But the "war crimes" she is talking about is turning off power to a hostile terrorist state and bombing said terrorist state. Those are not even remotely close.

I don't give a **** about power.

My only point was that you should avoid killing innocent people if possible. That statement shouldn't be THAT polarizing.
In 20 years those "innocents" will be attacking civilians in Israel all over again, better to end them now, just like the God of the Bible told them too before. He is okay with it, so am I .

Your weak response will lead to more death in the decades to come. History has proven this
Joes
TAMUallen said:

I really do love the sound of the bombs and how they reverb so much.

A few were just dropped at 3:25 Gaza time

Nice effort but yours doesn't sound quite as cool as "I love the smell of napalm in the morning".
Eliminatus
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

Rebel Yell said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

I am nowhere near an AOC supporter, but I don't think Hamas committing war crimes means that you should do so in return.

If 56% of the country voted for Hamas, that means that 44% didn't. Do you want to be held accountable with your life for everything that Joe Biden does? (assuming you are a conservative)
You are correct . . . if the war crimes you are talking about are burning children alive, raping women, dragging men behind cars, making grandmothers log onto their Facebook live accounts so their families can witness their torture and murder.

But the "war crimes" she is talking about is turning off power to a hostile terrorist state and bombing said terrorist state. Those are not even remotely close.

My only point was that you should avoid killing innocent people if possible. That statement shouldn't be THAT polarizing.
I get your argument. Even agree with it. But pragmatism and reality war with that.The problem is that you will never be able to weed out the innocent fully. Radical Islam is ingrained in the populace. These are not uniformed soldiers that draw a salary and have rigid structures of command and equipment. Across the world most are reliant on local communities for support and sustenance.

What is ironic is that the cycle of hatred and violence everyone speaks of ALSO literally stems from careful selection of targets and PID engagements only. And misguided perceptions also abound. I will always remember the hate I saw in a young boy's eyes as he stood over the shredded body of his father. The father walking his goats along a road and triggering an IED. That boy got there even before we did. It was not our weapon, it was not our fault. Didn't matter. That boy blamed us entirely and nothing would ever change that. I was 19 and didn't speak the language. Couldn't even try to assuage his anguish. But those eyes man....Figured it was a few years later he was trying his best to kill Americans. Assuming you have never been there so I will tell you it is one of the most surreal and disheartening feelings to lock eyes with a young boy and know, just KNOW, that he will be fighting you or those who come after you, to the death in the coming years.

The endless cycle of violence is ALREADY fully engaged and has been for generations. So extreme restraint does not work. Proven. So what else does? Genocide is also wholly unfeasible so what is the answer? I don't expect an answer back as it is rhetorical but something you should just ask yourself internally. Let go of all biases and just think critically and objectively. Now imagine having that problem but then being tasked to actually take action and solve it in the very near future. What do you do?

The conundrum/curse of ideological extremism and those who have to deal with it directly. Tough times....
Isosceles_Kramer
There was a story of a soldier or rescuer that came across a woman who's baby had been cut out and thrown in a ditch. The horror these people experienced and witnessed is just unimaginable.
Ags4DaWin
The majority of Muslims believe it is either them or us and will fight to the death to take as many of us with them as possible.

There are many that don't want to wake up to that reality.

But when ur enemy has that attitude and is wholly unwilling to compromise the only solution is to make sure its them before its you.
zgolfz85
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

The majority of Muslims believe it is either them or us and will fight to the death to take as many of us with them as possible.

There are many that don't want to wake up to that reality.

But when ur enemy has that attitude and is wholly unwilling to compromise the only solution is to make sure its them before its you.

This. It's not a religion of peace and I pray we won't all have to see it first hand
Pinochet
ABATTBQ11 said:

XXXVII said:

Faustus said:

JFABNRGR said:

Faustus said:

Nitro Power said:

I believe the hostages are already dead. You have heard nothing pertaining to proof of life.

The US might try to negotiate for the Americans release (provided my previous statement is not true), but Israel is not going to negotiate. They have said as much. If they did, after what they have said and they way they have acted, it would really enable the terrorists in the future. Perhaps more so than ever.

With that being said, I just cannot see Bibi not finishing what he started and backing up what he says.

Zero chance all the hostages are dead. They were the main objective along with the destruction and provoking a response that blows up the rapprochement started under Trump between Israel and the Sunni ruling regimes.

Hamas had hoped to trade some of the hostages for all the prisoners held by Israel, and at this point it's pretty much the only card they are holding, not that it will do them much good in the short term.
I disagree with this completely. Hostages for trading of prisoners was not the main objective. If it was then no further bloodshed would have been made to include such horrific atrocities. Once blood is spilled the chances of getting them back decreases significantly.

If you were correct we would have seen them protected from both the takers and the spectators instead we saw them raped, sodomized, beaten, spit on and photographed.

Sadly they were trophies.

I think the atrocities were to provoke an overwhelming response to blow up rapprochement and further radicalize the non-Hamas populous of Gaza. Well that and they wanted to do it anyway.

Previously the going rate was 1 Israeli hostage for 1,000 prisoners. I guess we will see down the road whether there are living hostages, or as you put it dead trophies.

Israel should execute all of their prisoners and dump them in gaza.

Don't execute them. Give them a helicopter ride.
aggiehawg
AG
Kind of a quiet night. Is that so the ground forces can get some sleep?
Pinochet
Wrec86 Ag said:

Rebel Yell said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

TAMUallen said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Goodluck with that AOC!

What do you think all the warnings are for? Why do you think the Israelis pioneered to concept of "roof knocking"?

Curtis Lemay was right. The longer you drag it out, the more innocent lives will be lost. The other hard truth is that if you know that the option is be killed by staying in the middle of a firefight behind a terrorist or leave when the Israelis warn you, you're a lot less likely to stay. You're more likely to take your chances leaving. If you do that, Hamas loses their power over the prisoners they've kept.
Sharpshooter
AG
aggiehawg said:

The quiet before the storm?
Nitro Power
AG
aggiehawg said:

They succumbed to peer pressure and decided they have gotten their point across.
Desert Fox
AG
TennAg05 said:

Did you not see the video of them celebrating in the streets of Gaza as they brought hostages in. Men women and children all spitting and hitting the victims. Their kids beating Jewish kids. There are no innocents in that place. They brainwash them from the beginning. Soft times indeed over here.
After 100% of Hamas is sent to hell, push every surviving Palestinian south into Egypt and delete Gaza from the map. Take every Palestinian in the west bank and deport them also. Women, children, babies, all. Deport. Them. All. No exceptions.
TAMUallen
AG
aggiehawg said:

Hasn't been too quiet it's just methodic. A couple bombs here and there with 5 minutes in between. I believe you can see the smoke starting to move in over Gaza again exactly like last night

Harder to tell the smoke tonight though because Gaza is much darker tonight
will25u
Ags4DaWin
will25u said:

Good.

The women raise the children that become the terrorists.

They are just as culpable.
Pinochet
will25u said:

Glad it was Egypt and not the IDF. Maybe the squad can go ***** to Egypt now.
YouBet
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Dan Carlin said it perfectly in his Supernova in the East series. Something along the lines that those tactics did not come out of nowhere. But they came out of the insanity of the meat grinder that was that war.
I think Israel will be restrained as far as trying to limit casualties to Hamas. But I don't think they will be halting in their mission and will complete it.

I just finished Ep III a few minutes ago. The parallels between the atrocities and actions committed by the Japanese in WWII and Hamas now are strikingly similar.

The imperialist Japanese back then were real m'fers. Nuking their ass after listening to what they did is understandable. Israel doing what they say they are going to do here is understandable.
MouthBQ98
AG
Right now they are conducting an air campaign to put Hamas into organizational chaos. That also gives civilians time to clear out, and time to make a plan to carry out their mission.
The Fall Guy
AG
will25u said:

Me thinks the images of the dead kids and the video of Hamas releasing the Mom and Kids and being broadcast by Al Jezzera is changing the minds of moderate Arab nations about the brutality
The Fife
A single data point, but I spotted an Omega 707-330C from my front yard this evening out on its way towards the Atlantic from Charleston. Nothing was following it, just more aerial refueling capability heading out towards whichever theater.

It was nice to see such a rare bird, but if contractors are being called out it sounds like things are going to be active for a while.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
will25u said:

Interesting topic here that I haven't seen broached on the forum yet…

There's not a single Arab country that wants to claim/standup for/directly support/ directly assist the "Palestinians". They are a useful idiot due to their proximity to Israel. Aside from that…
There may be words of support, but that's about where it ends.
All Arab countries know the "Palestinians" are a net negative on society therefor they'll never get too involved.
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
Sharpshooter
AG
YouBet said:

AgBQ-00 said:

I just finished Ep III a few minutes ago. The parallels between the atrocities and actions committed by the Japanese in WWII and Hamas now are strikingly similar.

The imperialist Japanese back then were real m'fers. Nuking their ass after listening to what they did is understandable. Israel doing what they say they are going to do here is understandable.
Where might I find this series? TV, online, books? I love WWII history.
AgBQ-00
AG
Link to part 1
https://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-62-supernova-in-the-east-i/
torrid
AG
Here's a heart-warming story in the middle of all the bloodshed.

Five gunmen held one older couple hostage in their home for twenty hours. The woman was kind to them, feeding them and tending to their wounds. Very sweet and kind gestures.

Meanwhile signalling information about their captors to her police officer son outside the house, information the police used to storm the house and kill the gunmen.

TAMUallen
AG
Firearm bursts on the live feeds at 4:09 and 12 seconds

Not very close to the camera feeds but close enough to clearly recognize them

Also kind of cool but I believe you can see Venus in the upper right hand corner of cam 1 and left upper corner of cam 4
Sharpshooter
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Link to part 1
https://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-62-supernova-in-the-east-i/
Thank you.
nortex97
AG
will25u said:

Good. The turkey shoot is on.
Who?mikejones!
https://instagr.am/p/CyObYBoLdCz

Israel strikes Hezbollah
Who?mikejones!
Gaza

https://instagr.am/p/CyRyFTRLofO
TxAg82
AG
Sharpshooter said:

YouBet said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Where might I find this series? TV, online, books? I love WWII history.

Have fun. If you have never listened to a Dan Carlin talk you are in for a treat. You also just lost a few days of productivity.
First Page Last Page
Page 90 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.