Israel/Hamas going at it

1,664,917 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JobSecurity
AG
BBRex said:

I'm not sure there's going to be peace talks anytime soon.

Quote:

In a televised address Wednesday night, Netanyahu detailed atrocities that took place during the attack, including boys and girls bound and shot in the head, people burned alive, women raped and soldiers who were beheaded. "Every Hamas member is a dead man," he said. "We will crush and destroy it."
https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-gaza-hamas-airstrikes-hostages-e4ae51a640a3fc04b23ea9561703f874
here it is if anyone wants to watch
bonfarr
AG
I'm not surprised at the lack of training seen in these terrorists, these are the useful idiots that are the cannon fodder for Hamas leadership and the Iranians. They never had any illusions that they could seize and control large swaths of Israel all they wanted was a mob of idiots to go in and kill and create mayhem. Iran wanted to halt the peace deal between SA and Israel and Hamas just wanted dead Jews and you don't need to waste time and money training to accomplish that. In the past the training camps is what gave away their plan and Israel would just send an F16 to wipe out a bunch of tents in the desert before an attack could happen.
ABATTBQ11
AG
JobSecurity said:

I'd say Israel is taking it pretty easy. I'd have given them 24 hours to release all hostages and send out hamas fighters and leadership or I'd treat gaza like Nazi Germany.
Who?mikejones!

Yeah, I don't think they'll be listening to anyone anytime soon. Phone line is likely to have the busy tone when someone tries to call
JFABNRGR
AG
Faustus said:

Nitro Power said:

I believe the hostages are already dead. You have heard nothing pertaining to proof of life.

The US might try to negotiate for the Americans release (provided my previous statement is not true), but Israel is not going to negotiate. They have said as much. If they did, after what they have said and they way they have acted, it would really enable the terrorists in the future. Perhaps more so than ever.

With that being said, I just cannot see Bibi not finishing what he started and backing up what he says.

Zero chance all the hostages are dead. They were the main objective along with the destruction and provoking a response that blows up the rapprochement started under Trump between Israel and the Sunni ruling regimes.

Hamas had hoped to trade some of the hostages for all the prisoners held by Israel, and at this point it's pretty much the only card they are holding, not that it will do them much good in the short term.
I disagree with this completely. Hostages for trading of prisoners was not the main objective. If it was then no further bloodshed would have been made to include such horrific atrocities. Once blood is spilled the chances of getting them back decreases significantly.

If you were correct we would have seen them protected from both the takers and the spectators instead we saw them raped, sodomized, beaten, spit on and photographed.

Sadly they were trophies.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BBRex said:

I'm not sure there's going to be peace talks anytime soon.

Quote:

In a televised address Wednesday night, Netanyahu detailed atrocities that took place during the attack, including boys and girls bound and shot in the head, people burned alive, women raped and soldiers who were beheaded. "Every Hamas member is a dead man," he said. "We will crush and destroy it."
https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-gaza-hamas-airstrikes-hostages-e4ae51a640a3fc04b23ea9561703f874

FAFO
jagvocate
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

LMCane said:

"The last line of defense was what we call the orchard gate.

There we stood, armed, some of us in sandals, some in sports shoes. Beyond the hatchery, we saw commercial vehicles out of which armed terrorists were pouring. They were firing at the hatchery.

During the firefight, some of the terrorists headed for the kibbutz.

We ran at them and shot them down. We couldn't let them get near the fence."

"After 90 minutes of fighting by the hatchery, we understood that their ability to get to the kibbutz gate was closer than ever.

One of us took hold of the communications equipment and just repeated over and over, 'Nobody gets into Nir Am!'

At that point, one of the team called the police, who sent border guards to help, enabling the kibbutz fighters to go back to their families."

Citizen Fighters at Kibbutz Nir Am fight off Hamas attacks

This is a crazy comparison, but it reads a lot like many accounts of Indian raids during texas' early days.

If you think about the commanche raid in Victoria, they raided all the way to the coast and then were wiped out in Lockhart by a responding force of neighbors and militia. And it took a force willing to fight on the same level to wipe them out

There's a reason the Comanche never got a reservation. They didn't want one and the white man wasn't offering after atrocities. It was existential … same as Israel now viewing Hamas.
Who?mikejones!
DCPD158
AG
Rossticus said:

JobSecurity said:

Isn't it interesting how it's always the country that fights back who's escalating? Very interesting indeed.
Never the first punch that gets the flag...
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Who?mikejones!
Well, that and only women were left alive for the most part
Who?mikejones!
Slackjaw62
JFABNRGR said:

I disagree with this completely. Hostages for trading of prisoners was not the main objective. If it was then no further bloodshed would have been made to include such horrific atrocities. Once blood is spilled t chances of getting them back decreases significantly.

If you were correct we would have seen them protected from both the takers and the spectators instead we saw them raped, sodomized, beaten, spit on and photographed.

Some of the Hamas invaders seemed surprised that they were able to make off with the hostages before being engaged. I wonder if this operation was more "successful" than it was supposed to be.

If so that it very bad for the hostages
The Artist Formerly Known as Yokel
BBRex
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Faustus said:

Nitro Power said:

I believe the hostages are already dead. You have heard nothing pertaining to proof of life.

The US might try to negotiate for the Americans release (provided my previous statement is not true), but Israel is not going to negotiate. They have said as much. If they did, after what they have said and they way they have acted, it would really enable the terrorists in the future. Perhaps more so than ever.

With that being said, I just cannot see Bibi not finishing what he started and backing up what he says.

Zero chance all the hostages are dead. They were the main objective along with the destruction and provoking a response that blows up the rapprochement started under Trump between Israel and the Sunni ruling regimes.

Hamas had hoped to trade some of the hostages for all the prisoners held by Israel, and at this point it's pretty much the only card they are holding, not that it will do them much good in the short term.
I disagree with this completely. Hostages for trading of prisoners was not the main objective. If it was then no further bloodshed would have been made to include such horrific atrocities. Once blood is spilled the chances of getting them back decreases significantly.

Even if some hostages were kept alive for negotiation, I think it is apparent that Israel has no plans to talk. So essentially those hostages are useless.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Keep going or keep dying.
TAMUallen
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Well yea. The first one just stole some people and used guns and knives/shovels/hoes

The other is dropping buildings for goodness sakes. That's totally an escalation!

Can't emphasize that enough and it needs to be stressed not skipped over because it is unpleasant.

I have tried to avoid viewing videos of the barbaric depravity displayed by Hamas, yet I've still seen some instances. There is no possible way to escalate beyond what they have done. We're talking about countless acts as horrendous as using a dull garden hoe to strike at the neck of an injured man laying on the ground.

There are a couple recordings that my brain will never erase from this Hamas terrorism, just the same way as my memory of the WTC.
LMCane
torrid said:

As far as the musical festival, do you think Hamas deliberately sought it as a target? Or did they just get lucky and find a large group of people in a small area?
This is what I have been focused on since Saturday

I just think it is unbelievable that Hamas simply stumbled onto 1000 young people who were completely defenseless in the desert.

they were planning that op for months, they had to have found out when the festival was going to be to have so many Hamas terrorists surround them and attack from several directions.
Who?mikejones!
LMCane
TAMUallen said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Well yea. The first one just stole some people and used guns and knives/shovels/hoes

The other is dropping buildings for goodness sakes. That's totally an escalation!

Can't emphasize that enough and it needs to be stressed not skipped over because it is unpleasant.

I have tried to avoid viewing videos of the barbaric depravity displayed by Hamas, yet I've still have seen some instances. There is no possible way to escalate beyond what they have done. We're talking about countless acts as horrendous as using a dull garden hoe to strike at the neck of an injured man laying on the ground.

There are couple recordings that my brain will never erase from this Hamas terrorism, just the same way as my memory of the WTC.
It's an unfortunate reality that good people must view the depravity of the savages.

I try not to look at the worst of the atrocities -but have seen enough to understand this enemy can not be reasoned with, can not be compromised with.

the only answer is the utter elimination of the abilty of Hamas to launch any further military strikes.
fooz
Burrus86
AG
JobSecurity said:

What if the Saudi's offered immediate recognition to Israel as an "out" to stop the complete destruction of Gaza? That would blow up in Iran's face.
agsalaska
AG
This

I don't think it really matters at this point if they are dead or alive.
LMCane
Agthatbuilds said:

I would think that had to be for some reason in the first day or two-

it doesn't seem that today with IDF forces all over the border

that you would see Hamas terrorists strolling in an unconcerned fashion BACK from the fence/wall.
TAMUallen
AG
LMCane said:

torrid said:

As far as the musical festival, do you think Hamas deliberately sought it as a target? Or did they just get lucky and find a large group of people in a small area?

I just think it is unbelievable that Hamas simply stumbled onto 1000 young people who were completely defenseless in the desert.

they were planning that op for months, they had to have found out when the festival was going to be to have so many Hamas terrorists surround them and attack from several directions.

They certainly had plans to attack that festival since you can see from video that they deliberately cut off the routes of those fleeing in vehicles.
Who?mikejones!
That's my reading of it too.

It's too late, even of that family was really returned. You already pushed the button, hamas. Returning a single family doesn't do anything for you
flashplayer
AG
They could release 150 hostages immediately and Israel should still go Dresden mode on their asses.
aggiehawg
AG
LMCane said:

torrid said:

How long in advance was that festival planned? And when was that location chosen?

Also, how did Hamas know how to quickly disable all of the sensors on the wall? How tightly was that information held?
BBRex
AG
LMCane said:

torrid said:

This is interesting, although maybe there are just limited locations for a festival like this?

Quote:

The attendees had not been given the exact location of the festival until a few hours before it began at 10 p.m. Friday. "The event will take place in a powerful natural location full of trees, stunning in its beauty and organized for your convenience, about an hour and a quarter south of Tel Aviv," ticket buyers were told in the lead-up.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/08/israel-festival-attack-gaza-militants/
Aggie_2463
AG
It's hard for me to truly fathom what some of these Israeli's are dealing with and seeing, because this isn't something many of us over here see. I try to imagine if that was my son who was beheaded, and his body burned. War crimes would be the last thing on my mind as the rage over took me. I imagine this is how all of Israel feels right now. T&P
Who?mikejones!
https://instagr.am/p/CyRUrdPuG_L

Quote:

"At first driving into the village it looks kind of like an American suburb. Big green trees, nice paved streets and a community center area. Then you see scorch marks on the ground, vehicles riddled with bullet holes, buildings with walls blown apart, and the IDF. Most patrolling and some taking a knee for a momentary rest.

Remembering the videos on Saturday of civilians being kidnapped by H@m@s and dragged through the streets. I came to the realization that these were the same streets I saw on those videos. That these were the homes of the people still being held hostage in Gaza.

We saw destruction as we walked around the village. Rubble everywhere. We crossed in between a section of houses to another and a terrible smell came with a gust of wind. That's when I realize I just walked past a body only a meter away. A body of a H@m@s fighter covered in blood and debris.

As we walked around Kibbut Be'eri there was notably more bodies. Many in body bags thanks to the search and rescue teams and even volunteers that came to help bring peace to the people massacred here. There were also many bodies of H@m@s fighters that the IDF engaged in heavy gun fight the day prior. Their bodies bloating and rotting under the sun. Those bodies will be last to be touched."
- 'Civilian' Souther Israel, Kfar Aza and Kibbut Be'eri. October 11th, 2023
LMCane
Burrus86 said:

JobSecurity said:

What if the Saudi's offered immediate recognition to Israel as an "out" to stop the complete destruction of Gaza? That would blow up in Iran's face.
That is terrific strategic thinking and what I told my best friend (a Colonel in the US Army NG)

but he said that peace with Saudi has to wait as the IDF needs to level Gaza first to reassert deterrence.

I do think that Netanyahu should meet with MBS and sign a peace deal as soon as possible to show Iran their plans did not work.
Gigem314
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

It's hard for me to truly fathom what some of these Israeli's are dealing with and seeing, because this isn't something many of us over here see. I try to imagine if that was my son who was beheaded, and his body burned. War crimes would be the last thing on my mind as the rage over took me. I imagine this is how all of Israel feels right now. T&P
Horrifying. Pure evil on display. I would want Gaza turned into a giant crater if that were my child...and I wouldn't give two craps about what the international community and limp-wristed U.S. leadership thought about it.
MouthBQ98
AG
They don't work that way. The MIC types aren't trying to get hands dirty with wat. That will happen on its own unfortunately. They're more about lobbying and pressing for their own solutions to defense challenges to be adopted, wartime or peacetime.

They may support those more likely to use the military, but they don't start the wars.
LMCane
Aggie_2463 said:

Right now the feeling is one more of despair and utter sadness and shock.

based on population size this would be a 9/11 that murdered 32,000 Americans in one day.

I believe that each day that goes by, and with Gantz now in the government-

that the emotions will turn from hysteria and depression to righteous rage.

when that happens, the IDF is going to be killing a lot of Hamas terrorists.
Who?mikejones!

Won't be any refugees from this escaping to Egypt
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.