Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,601 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
frorge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apologies if this has be asked and answered...

Who is running the live cams? Assuming Israel? I'm confused why Hammas is allowing a live camera feed to run uninterrupted inside Gaza.
BurnetAggie99
Bubblez said:

Let them attack the embassy. The Marines would get some real quick
outofstateaggie
AG
JobSecurity said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

https://www.youtube.com/live/dB9RSsCAlds?si=VJ8B7LKipA6aC8KE

Claims drone attack in north Israel

While the flow of information is good, crap like this could create problems in a damn hurry.
BassCowboy33
txags92 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

That can't be accurate. Hamas in Gaza isn't going to be targeting Haifa. Almost has to be Hezbollah firing from Lebanon, right?
Really don't know. It would seem to make more sense it came from hezbollah but hard to rule out Gaza definitely. They might have a limited number of rockets with that range.

Anyone know the range of these?

According to Wiki, the R-160 is a syrian made, chinese designed rocket also called the M302. Supposed to only have a range of 100 km, but supposedly the Palestinians have increased it to 160 km. It is about 140-150 km from Gaza to Haifa. Not sure why they would shoot for Haifa when Tel Aviv is closer.
When I was doing government work in Israel, our main radius was Tel Aviv. We'd stay there during the day, then move towards Gaza by night to move crap. We were told it was all about intelligence on rocket radii. This was back in the 2008-12 time period. I've been out of the game for a bit, so I'm not sure how it is now, but basically, it was like throwing darts up in the air in terms of effectiveness back then.
CDUB98
AG
NM
DeangeloVickers
AG
Thomas Paines work in the 1770s are as relevant as ever today
AgGrad99
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

More people need to read this entire tweet.

I am nauseated by the victimhood stance Hamas/Palestinians are taking. This repeated equivalency to prison, slavery, apartheid, etc....it's ridiculous and an outright lie. It's all such an obvious cover/excuse for horrific behavior, because they simply hate a people group.

The people promoting and celebrating it are either extremely dumb/naive, or evil. There are no other options.

And even if you are dumb enough to fall for their propaganda, why on earth wouldn't you question these ideals after seeing the atrocities the past week, which have been videoed and distributed worldwide??? How is rape and torture of children and grandmothers an effective way to end 'oppression'?

Anyone supporting Hamas, or celebrating the attacks on the Jews are outing themselves right now. Pay attention world.

Who?mikejones!
Stat Monitor Repairman
If the NRA wasn't controlled opposition they might run commercials with videos of people getting snatched off the street.
fc2112
Welp - assigned to fleet support 24/7. OT will be great but can't talk about stuff here. Keep up the good fight boys.
Stat Monitor Repairman

ShinerAggie
AG
I'm a little bit surprised at the amount of lighting that is still on in the camera feeds. Given the dire power reports, I would've thought it would be even darker than it is.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
JobSecurity
AG
I still don't get it. They planned that for two years... To what end? Yeah they killed over a thousand Israelis but their little invasion lasted less than 48 hours and now they will lose Gaza. What was the intended outcome of that operation??
Who?mikejones!
I dotn believe the Palestinian claims they only had 3 or 4 days worth of power generation outside what Israel provides.

They knew a serious response would come. They've got power, or fuel for power generators. Or they are just thay stupid
Nitro Power
AG
JobSecurity said:

I still don't get it. They planned that for two years... To what end? Yeah they killed over a thousand Israelis but their little invasion lasted less than 48 hours and now they will lose Gaza. What was the intended outcome of that operation??
If you believe a previous tweet from earlier "so the world will not forget who they are"..or something to that effect
GE
AG
JobSecurity said:

Hamas probably just wanted to kill Jews. Iran probably wanted Hamas to cause the Muslim/Jew tension to flare up so that Saudi and others couldn't come to peace with Israel
Nitro Power
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I dotn believe the Palestinian claims they only had 3 or 4 days worth of power generation outside what Israel provides.

They knew a serious response would come. They've got power, or fuel for power generators. Or they are just thay stupid
They clearly aren't very smart
No Spin Ag
Nitro Power said:

JobSecurity said:

If you believe a previous tweet from earlier "so the world will not forget who they are"..or something to that effect

I read that and thought that they are going to wish the world forgot about them.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Staff
This thread has largely been a source of information about the unfolding events in Israel and Gaza in regards to the attack inside of Israel by Hamas this past weekend. Sprinkled into information that provides a picture of what happened and how Israel is responding has been posts about the various responses from around the world from nations, news orgs, activist groups, etc etc. Some supportive of Israel and some supportive of Hamas/Gaza.

This is all mostly inbounds, there are probably a few things that should have been taken down, but we aren't going to go back 40 pages at this point and clear things off.

What this thread should not become is a constant barrage of your hot take on one political party/leader response presently or historically or another to the Arab-Israeli Conflict. All of those discussions can be had, they should be had on threads about those subjects. Posting "zingers" about the current administration, etc. is allowed on this forum, but it's not what THIS THREAD was created for or what is had been predominately discussed over the last 81 pages.

You can post information about the unfolding events in Israel and news/commentary and have a discussion about them on this thread.

Please leave the other random commentary about various political parties/politicians to other threads on those topics.

Also, please tread carefully in how you discuss Hamas as an organization that the U.S. officially considers a terrorist oganization and what they carried out over the weekend versus how you talk about an entire ethnic or religious group of people. Be specific in talking about organizations like terrorist oganizations, be specific about talking about Nations and their leadership, presently and historically. This is the case for all sides of this conflict. Be specific when you talk about things related to national/organizational/individual actors involved in these conflicts. Creating posts that paint with a broad brush about entire ethnic groups could lead to deleted posts and time off from posting depending upon the nature and context of the post.
ShinerAggie
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

It has to be something along those lines. The cams show significant lighting in certain areas, and even if these are LED lights, it still takes a fair amount of power to light an area like that.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
outofstateaggie
AG
[We care about thread derailing, yes. Especially threads that have become a primary source of an important unfolding world event. If you want to have conversations about the current administration and what they are focused on, you are welcome to start a thread about that subject. -Staff]
Who?mikejones!
Npr causing issues with their misinformation

Steve inskeep is one of their more senior reporters. His take here is a pretty big spin
Teslag
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

And people ask why Russia is an enemy...
Nitro Power
AG
They can claim this is about land, but everyone knows they want to eradicate the Jews...and THEN take the land

Priority #1 is extermination
Nitro Power
AG
But do they...admittedly I did not watch the video and I do not keep up with Russian alliances, but on the surface, I am not going to believe one who is more likely than not, spreading propaganda.

If I am wrong, would love to hear it.
CDUB98
AG
JobSecurity said:

The guy said it in the interview; to draw the US in to a conflict.

This is Iran's doing no matter how much they deny it.
Waffledynamics
AG
Something on camera just got hit in the livestream. You could see a fire before they moved the camera another direction for some reason.

CDUB98
AG
Are rockets being fired from Gaza and then shot down by Israelis? Kind looks that way.
aggiehawg
AG

If true, let the crawfishing begin.
Yep66
AG
Mary Bailey
Lots of fireworks on the webcams. Maybe Iron Dome intercepting missiles?
Waffledynamics
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if the interceptions are from the missiles I just saw launched from Gaza.

What a time to be alive, man.
Teslag
AG
aggiehawg said:

If true, let the crawfishing begin.

Israel absolutely cannot let hostages or their release define their ultimate objectives with Gaza.
Dimebag Darrell
[We get the related nature of the post to the subject of this thread. However, your main point(subject) is simply not a good one to throw into the middle of this thread. This can be its own thread discussion if you choose. - Staff]
deddog
AG
Any idea what the flares are for?

Making sure there are no Hamas suicide boats in the water?
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.