Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,583 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

RedHand said:

Looks like Hezbollah has entered the fray? Does this mean the US will jump in now?
Right now our carrier group is patrolling off of the Gaza Strip. Wouldn't take long to get up to the Lebanese coast.
Have a family member in the Army based in Syria. We haven't heard from him since the whole deal started. My guess is a comms lockdown.
Stat Monitor Repairman
22-years after 9-11 and they got Hamas cruising in on para-motors ordered of Temu
Sharpshooter
AG
txags92 said:

aggiehawg said:

Haifa.
That can't be accurate. Hamas in Gaza isn't going to be targeting Haifa. Almost has to be Hezbollah firing from Lebanon, right?
Your argument seems more plausable. News is now talking about a two front war.
Edit to chant "not" to now. News is now discussing a two front........
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

That can't be accurate. Hamas in Gaza isn't going to be targeting Haifa. Almost has to be Hezbollah firing from Lebanon, right?
Really don't know. It would seem to make more sense it came from hezbollah but hard to rule out Gaza definitely. They might have a limited number of rockets with that range.

Anyone know the range of these?
agsalaska
AG
aggiehawg said:

agsalaska said:

I am off today. I am going to the gun range. It just feels like the right thing to do today.
Printed out any particular faces for your target practice per chance?
Probably not but I have a good imagination.
BourbonAg
AG
About 100 miles.
txags92
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Really don't know. It would seem to make more sense it came from hezbollah but hard to rule out Gaza definitely. They might have a limited number of rockets with that range.

Anyone know the range of these?

According to Wiki, the R-160 is a syrian made, chinese designed rocket also called the M302. Supposed to only have a range of 100 km, but supposedly the Palestinians have increased it to 160 km. It is about 140-150 km from Gaza to Haifa. Not sure why they would shoot for Haifa when Tel Aviv is closer.
aggiehawg
AG
BourbonAg said:

About 100 miles.
Thanks. So it is theoretically possible it might have come from Gaza.
Joes
Not a Bot said:

If you've been following this guy during the Ukraine war, this is what he does. He's very good at finding info being posted on social media but doesn't always get verification before he posts it. Then he has to put something out 10 or 15 minutes later to walk back what he had just posted.

Yep, he's now saying that so far everything is false, the embassy evacuation and Hezbollah northern attack and such.

I don't know or care how to embed a tweet but now he's saying this:

Lots of Misinformation going around right now, from the claims that the U.S. had Evacuated its Embassy in Lebanon to the apparent "Announcement" by Hezbollah that they had Opened a Northern Front against Israel; to be clear all of these are so far False.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Dimebag Darrell said:

CDUB98 said:

JobSecurity said:

if this is real it's probably not great?

Well, ferk.
Would be nice if Israeli's had just half of the gun ownership rates we had. But their government sucks and makes it super tough for them to own. Compulsory military service...then they take your guns away once finished.

This should be a HUGE wakeup call. Israeli's should threaten to topple their oppressive government if they do not allow for easy access of weapons for defense.

They don't want to make it easy for palestinians to get weapons within their borders. Not every Israeli is a Jew, and some would certainly sell to terrorists so they wouldn't have to sneak them in. It's a consequence of their proximity to evil
Dimebag Darrell
ABATTBQ11 said:

Dimebag Darrell said:

CDUB98 said:

JobSecurity said:

if this is real it's probably not great?

Well, ferk.
Would be nice if Israeli's had just half of the gun ownership rates we had. But their government sucks and makes it super tough for them to own. Compulsory military service...then they take your guns away once finished.

This should be a HUGE wakeup call. Israeli's should threaten to topple their oppressive government if they do not allow for easy access of weapons for defense.

They don't want to make it easy for palestinians to get weapons within their borders. Not every Israeli is a Jew, and some would certainly sell to terrorists so they wouldn't have to sneak them in. It's a consequence of their proximity to evil
OK, keep doing what they're doing then. I would GTFO for sure if they wouldn't let me own multiple rifles and pistols and as much ammunition as I wanted.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Click on the bottom of the tweet with the date and time on it. Sometimes you ge a long url address, click in the same spot agan for the shorter one. Copy, then on the TexAgs reply toolbar, click on the blue bird and paste into the box You'll get a a green check mark if it embedded correctly.
Sharpshooter
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Click on the bottom of the tweet with the date and time on it. Sometimes you ge a long url address, click in the same spot agan for the shorter one. Copy, then on the TexAgs reply toolbar, click on the blue bird and paste into the box You'll get a a green check mark if it embedded correctly.
You just learned this old fart something. Thanks.
Joes
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Thanks, laziness is sometimes a difficult struggle, haha!
deddog
AG
So the turboprop drones (Heron/Eitan?) are no longer overflying Gaza. I'm assuming there are drones overflying Gaza at all times. Any ideas on what they could be flying?

Besides the occasional jet (maybe a drone passing over) don't hear anything.
Waffledynamics
AG
Not a Bot said:

If you've been following this guy during the Ukraine war, this is what he does. He's very good at finding info being posted on social media but doesn't always get verification before he posts it. Then he has to put something out 10 or 15 minutes later to walk back what he had just posted.

Yeah, he's quite unreliable. I'd always find corroboration for anything big that he posts.
Bubblez
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bubblez said:

CDUB98
AG
deddog said:

So the turboprop drones (Heron/Eitan?) are no longer overflying Gaza. I'm assuming there are drones overflying Gaza at all times. Any ideas on what they could be flying?

It's been very dead for a while.
CDUB98
AG
And of course, as soon as I type that, a missile strikes Gaza.
Phatbob
AG
CDUB98 said:

deddog said:

It's been very dead for a while.
And now even deader
Not a Bot
AG
Was going to post this as a response but the false rumors about the northern front took over the thread for a minute. There was a post about "Palestinians" in general. The Palestinians are not uniform.

Before they elected Hamas, the PLO under Yasser Arafat was in leadership. The PLO is a collection of Arab groups who advocated for a two-state solution but were less violent and more willing to engage in diplomacy with the Israeli government. They also believe in secular government as policy. Hamas prefers a far more violent approach and are islamist to the core.

There is a power split in Palestine. Fatah is the PLO group running the West Bank. Note the lack of violence there. The arabs/palestinians who live there are generally much more moderate although there are absolutely elements of islamists there too. They just don't get nearly as much support from the local population.

Note that when I say less violent it doesn't mean the PLO did not engage at times in violence. However, much of the terrorist activity under their leadership was likely committed by people outside of their control.
Stat Monitor Repairman

In 2023 the first step in any emergency is to sign up for a government app.
deddog
AG
CDUB98 said:

And of course, as soon as I type that, a missile strikes Gaza.
saw a HAMAS rocket launch at 19:45 local time
CDUB98
Yukon Cornelius
AG
https://www.youtube.com/live/dB9RSsCAlds?si=VJ8B7LKipA6aC8KE

Claims drone attack in north Israel
JobSecurity
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

CDUB98
AG
Cam 2 has been switched to the Lebanon border somewhere.
Isosceles_Kramer
Those grenade dropping drones are crazy! Watched some footage from Ukraine as they cleared out a trench of Russians.
Not a Bot
AG
Isosceles_Kramer said:

Those grenade dropping drones are crazy! Watched some footage from Ukraine as they cleared out a trench of Russians.

Have to keep an eye out for that in this conflict. That's actually how Hamas first attacked the other day. Drone drops on guard towers.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
JobSecurity said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Yukon Cornelius
AG
Good news
TheGreatEscape
Good to know the Northern Border is secure. Thanks for all the work.
txags92
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

JobSecurity said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Stat Monitor Repairman
We over here in WW3 and poindexter talmbout bobbi socks.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.