Looks like Wal-Mart is going all in on EV charging stations (SIAP)

7,002 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by techno-ag
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
eric76 said:

TexasAggie73 said:

My local theater has 2 charging stations.
Do they show a movie while it charges and sell you popcorn and other snacks.

Imagine an outdoor movie theater that you could sit in the car and watch a movie while it charges.

That actually might be a great idea.
UTExan
aggiehawg said:

eric76 said:

TexasAggie73 said:

My local theater has 2 charging stations.
Do they show a movie while it charges and sell you popcorn and other snacks.

Imagine an outdoor movie theater that you could sit in the car and watch a movie while it charges.

That actually might be a great idea.

I would suspect the movie would be "The Longest Day" if the charging took place in California.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
techno-ag
AG
eric76 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Walmart is still looking for energy suppliers, according to a report by Reuters. In the past, it has worked with providers EVgo and VW's Electrify America. No matter the provider, Walmart has stated that each participating store will receive four chargers and that the company will keep energy prices low, though it has not provided cost estimates.
How in the hell can they promise to keep energy prices low? Not the same as discounts for bulk deliveries of gasoline/diesel is it?
I saw one article that indicates that it isn't unusual for the electricity prices at charging stations to be something like 3 to 10 times the regular electrical prices.

If you can get enough traffic, that should turn a pretty nice profit for them.
Right. They're not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

I would find it amusing if places like this became more expensive than comparable gasoline costs.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.