Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,511 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
ShaggySLC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stonegateag85 said:

I'm dying to get a comment from her. I'm sure we will here how she has been hiding her family out of fear etc.
The next thing we hear from her will be that she's on the board of some other fortune 500 company. She did her job in the lefts eyes.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Sh****SLC said:

Stonegateag85 said:

I'm dying to get a comment from her. I'm sure we will here how she has been hiding her family out of fear etc.
The next thing we hear from her will be that she's on the board of some other fortune 500 company. She did her job in the lefts eyes.

If I'm wrong so be it, but I don't think she's unscathed. At least personally.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
ShaggySLC
PlaneCrashGuy said:

ShaggySLC said:

Stonegateag85 said:

No doubt, but I think she's protected class in the lefts eyes. She'll land a high paying job imo, the left will make sure of it for appearance purposes.
nortex97
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

The company plans to triple its investments this year, including increased spending on sports, primetime and cable television advertisements. It remains uncertain whether these efforts will be sufficient to rectify the situation and rebuild the brand's reputation.
So they went ahead and decided to throw good money after bad,
Yep. The funniest part to me is all they really had to do was fire a few more folks, apologize, trot out the Clydesdales and swear not to ever do that crap again. But no…they have chosen a…different path, with what was already a huge advertising budget.

Brendan Whitworth (SP?) is an abject moron.
DargelSkout
AG
StandUpforAmerica said:

duck79 said:

What is interesting is that the San Antonio wholesaler(Silver Eagle) says that they have not been affected much which blew my mind. The Dallas and SA base customer is quite different and that feedback was interesting.
This makes sense.... the ONLY people I have seen buy it at a grocery/convenience store since this started has been hispanics....and I'm guessing a good chunk were illegals (work crews that spoke no English).

I brought this up early on in the thread and some poster claimed I was wrong. He said every Hispanic he knew was well aware and boycotting. Maybe that poster isn't around as many Hispanics as I am.
Stonegateag85
I'm eagerly anticipating them making her a martyr.
Bearpitbull
If we ask ourselves what would Jesus do, this definitely feels like the answer. Follow her and hassle her and hope for the worst for her. Conservatives need a revival. Not Rhinos. Not Trumpians. REAGAN true conservatives with a sense of humor. Wgat has happened to the cause?
Texas Yarddog
AG
Stonegateag85 said:

I'm eagerly anticipating them making her a martyr.

Don't hold your breath.

Hell, has she even been fired by AB/INBEV yet?
CDUB98
AG
TRM said:

Hola, primo. No tomas Bud Light. Es para los jotitos.
**show Mulvaney pictures**
CDUB98
AG
Bearpitbull said:

If we ask ourselves what would Jesus do, this definitely feels like the answer. Follow her and hassle her and hope for the worst for her. Conservatives need a revival. Not Rhinos. Not Trumpians. REAGAN true conservatives with a sense of humor. Wgat has happened to the cause?
agent-maroon
AG
"...we..."

Uhm... yeah
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
Bud Light is slammed AGAIN for latest tweet that says 'the best beer is an open beer' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

Bud Light's latest attempt to win back beer lovers has fallen flat with consumers as the brand continues to fight for its life after its disastrous partnership with Dylan Mulvaney.

The beer maker was lambasted Monday for posting on Twitter a GIF of a frothing can of Bud being cracked open with the caption: 'The best beer is an open beer.'

The post followed a Sunday clip which was mercilessly mocked online for showing a female picnic-goer spooning large bites of watermelon into her mouth as wind sent paper plates and cans of Bud flying.

The company's April partnership with transgender influencer Mulvaney has cost the brand's parent-company about $22billion in market cap to date.

Quote:

Monday's post was hit hard in the comments section by disgruntled tweeters.

'Hard pass, banned for life in our home!' wrote one disheartened former fan.

'The best beer is a beer that is not a Bud Light,' wrote Derek Schwartz.

'The best women are biological women,' wrote a third user, gesturing toward the Mulvaney scandal.

One account got straight to the point, writing: 'That depends. if it's a Bud Light, then the best beer is any other beer you can get your hands on. Bud Light turned its back on the working man and embraced a bunch of woke whiners. #boycottbudlight.'

Bud Light sales continued to slump in July - a generally critical period for alcohol brands.

Sales plunged 28.5 percent for the week that ended in July 1, down slightly from the 27.9 percent decline the brand saw for the week ending in June 24.

The domestic beer's problems have, to some extent, bled into its sister brands under the umbrella of Anheuser-Busch.

Sales of Michelob Ultra - the nation's third favorite beer last year - were down by 4.3 percent in the week ending in July 1. Busch Light sales were down 8.5 percent for the same period, according to Bump Williams Consulting and NielsonIQ data.

Budweiser was also down 12.1 percent, according to the consultants.

Decay
AG
We should drink crap beer and support people that undermine our principles FOR JESUS.

That's so out of touch that you can't help but laugh.
Squadron7
AG
The original ad featuring Mulvaney probably said, "The best can is an open can."
YouBet
AG
PBR more popular than Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light.

That's funny.
Txhuntr
AG
Can't wait to see a prime day lightning deal on bud light today
The Fife
White Claw nipping at the heels of Bud Light in terms of popularity
Hoosegow
Dear Diary...

Ancedotal, but I was at a Harley dealer Saturday morning (bought a Softail Lowrider yay me). budweiser was sponsoring an event there with free beer (HD cans). I had some satisfaction when offered a free one, to laugh and tell the guy, budwieser, nah man, I can't be seen drinking that. He laughed.

Now I was concentrating more on the paperwork, negotiating, etc., but I didn't see anyone even stop buy from the street to get a free beer. Talking to the owner, he said drink a free beer why I wait. I told him I would if it was another brand. He laughed and said, yah I agree.

FWIW, I wouldn't drink alcohol prior to riding.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
ShaggySLC said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

ShaggySLC said:

Stonegateag85 said:

No doubt, but I think she's protected class in the lefts eyes. She'll land a high paying job imo, the left will make sure of it for appearance purposes.

A couple of DEI classes, some micro aggression training sessions, that will be good enough for the sins.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
ABATTBQ11
AG
Stonegateag85 said:

She probably has an NDA and can't talk about anything related to BL without losing her golden parachute
techno-ag
AG
Hoosegow said:

Dear Diary...

Ancedotal, but I was at a Harley dealer Saturday morning (bought a Softail Lowrider yay me). budweiser was sponsoring an event there with free beer (HD cans). I had some satisfaction when offered a free one, to laugh and tell the guy, budwieser, nah man, I can't be seen drinking that. He laughed.

Now I was concentrating more on the paperwork, negotiating, etc., but I didn't see anyone even stop buy from the street to get a free beer. Talking to the owner, he said drink a free beer why I wait. I told him I would if it was another brand. He laughed and said, yah I agree.

FWIW, I wouldn't drink alcohol prior to riding.
That's a great way to save money.

"Hey everybody! Free beer!"

"Yay!"

"It's Bud Light."

"Awww."
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

CDUB98
AG
YouBet said:

That's funny.
Because hipsters are dumbasses.
Nagler
AG
YouBet said:

That's funny.

The graph says "people who have a positive opinion of the beer". Nothing to do with sales.

Dumb graph.
CDUB98
AG
Yes, we went over that earlier in the thread. Thank you Captain Obvious.
tk111
AG
CDUB98 said:

YouBet said:

That's funny.
Because hipsters are dumbasses.
Hipsters are still a thing??? I thought they all died off when they decided that fixie bikes were a required part of the outfit.

"Nah man, no freewheel or brakes. That way it's like totally pure bike, man"
Science Denier
AG
nortex97 said:

Quote:

The company plans to triple its investments this year, including increased spending on sports, primetime and cable television advertisements. It remains uncertain whether these efforts will be sufficient to rectify the situation and rebuild the brand's reputation.
Yep. The funniest part to me is all they really had to do was fire a few more folks, apologize, trot out the Clydesdales and swear not to ever do that crap again. But no…they have chosen a…different path, with what was already a huge advertising budget.

Maybe, though I don't think so. It's not necessarily the "boycott" per se that has hammered Bud Light. It's the mocking those that drink it. The joke "that beer makes you gay" is something I'm not sure a massive ad campaign on apologizing would make that go away. Would have certainly helped, but not make everything go away.
ABATTBQ11
AG
They need a return to the better taste less filling girl fights...
AnScAggie
AG
Nagler said:

YouBet said:

That's funny.

The graph says "people who have a positive opinion of the beer". Nothing to do with sales.

Dumb graph.

Yes, I find it hard to believe 58% of the population has a negative opinion of Dos Equis. That one really shocked me.
American Hardwood
AG
It sucks. That's why.

ETA: It used to be the beer that people would drink when they wanted to feel 'above' the Corona drinkers. But it really isn't that good. Modello has taken over that spot now but is actually better. I'll stick with Carta Blanca though for my cerveza.
The Fife
American Hardwood said:

It sucks. That's why.

ETA: It used to be the beer that people would drink when they wanted to feel 'above' the Corona drinkers. But it really isn't that good. Modello has taken over that spot now but is actually better. I'll stick with Carta Blanca though for my cerveza.
Exactly. Maybe it's bad luck, poor distribution or storage but Dos Equis that I've had in the past always seemed a little skunky. Modelo Negra has been consistently a lot better.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Science Denier said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Maybe, though I don't think so. It's not necessarily the "boycott" per se that has hammered Bud Light. It's the mocking those that drink it. The joke "that beer makes you gay" is something I'm not sure a massive ad campaign on apologizing would make that go away. Would have certainly helped, but not make everything go away.
Yeah thats a good point.

Once something gets turned into a meme it just doesn't go away. You still see internet memes all the time that have been around for decades.

So Bud light is never gonna disassociate itself with this controversy.

People ripping on bud light has gotten so pervasive that it's a problem because it potentially invites a problem.

How many bar fights will be started from someone getting called a *** for drinking bud light.

Also how many times is HR gonna be called when someone at a conference gets a couple of drinks in them and starts in with the bud light trans / gay jokes.

In corporate america people gonna find themselves fired over an errant bud light gay joke. Might be worth it not to to even go there and don't stock bud light at your corp event.

Bud light turned its brand into a problem nobody wants.

But it looks like they intend to spend a couple of billion in a failed attempt to remediate the brand.

Bud light is still trickle-truthing how bad this is gonna be.

Nobody wants to hear bad news but you can make the problem 10x worse by soft-pedaling the issue.

Like that guy says in the book. Bud light gotta eat that frog. And it's making the mistake of eating the frog last.

If you gonna eat a frog best do it straight away.

So my assessment is that bud light is ****ed and they are happy to lose more of their shareholders money.
nortex97
AG
Quote:

As Bud Light continues to face plummeting sales amid a conservative boycott over its collaboration with a transgender influencer, other brands made by parent company Anheuser-Busch are also taking a hit.

Sales of Michelob Ultra fell by 4.3 percent in the week that ended July 1 compared with last year, and Busch Light was down 8.5 percent, the New York Post reported. Both brands are, like Bud Light, owned by the Anheuser-Busch brewing company.

"Budweiser trends have been slipping for a very long time, but it's the Michelob Ultra negative numbers and now Busch Light negative trends that are most alarming to me," Bump Williams, whose consulting firm ran the numbers from NielsenIQ data, told the Post. "They were very healthy prior to April 1."

[Are A-B InBev execs getting the message yet? Ed]
LOL at this one (referencing above).

To your post, responsively, very few shifted due to being mocked as gay if they drank it. Frankly, that is probably a very small (but real) percent of their net loss of business/sales. And if they had come out quickly and said this was just some moron VP of marketing decision they wholly disagreed with (to mock women by praising a man pretending to be one due to mental illness etc), it could have been mitigated entirely.

They've chosen very clearly not to do that and it is hurting all of their main products in the US. Good. Happy for the market to decide how to handle this branding/marketing/executive team's decisions.
Prosperdick
AG
Science Denier said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

It's been stigmatized and that lasts WAAAAAAY longer than any boycott.

It's why I've said multiple times on this thread they either just go full woke and market it as ****** beer or just kill the brand and/or pivot to some new name and color scheme, like Bud Night and make the cans black. Actually, that's not a half bad idea lol. It's way better than what they've come up with so far.
Ag with kids
AG
Prosperdick said:

Science Denier said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

It's been stigmatized and that lasts WAAAAAAY longer than any boycott.

It's why I've said multiple times on this thread they either just go full woke and market it as ****** beer or just kill the brand and/or pivot to some new name and color scheme, like Bud Night and make the cans black. Actually, that's not a half bad idea lol. It's way better than what they've come up with so far.
This is what they need to do.

Bud Light goes away.

Mysteriously, a new LOW PRICED "craft" light beer FOR THE MASSES appears from "small" brewery that can amazingly pump out the same amount of volume as Bud Light...

Same ****ty beer - but without the terms Bud Light or even Bud(weiser) attached to it...create a new brewery company if you have to...

Most people don't know Michelob and Bud Light are the same company - you can fool them.

ProgN
First Page Last Page
Page 86 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.