Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,445 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ProgN said:

I've seen their behavior since this happened.

They ain't gonna do anything like what I suggested...
munch96
AG
Who?mikejones!
munch96 said:

Wow if true
Dill-Ag13
AG
Why? Retail is cutthroat, Costco especially so. If your stuff doesn't sell it's gone.
Prosperdick
AG
Almost 600 Costco's in the U.S. That's a LOT of cases of BL they won't be able to sell going forward but I'm sure all the millions they spend on advertising will make up for it!
techno-ag
AG
Woke co, no Costco.
Ag with kids
AG
Well, just went to the CVS here on N Padre and they have a BIG and PRETTY Bud/Bud Light display set up.

I've been here 5 years and never seen one like that before.

Interesting...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Is that confirmed?
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Is that confirmed?
Yes.
YouBet
AG
The Fife said:

American Hardwood said:

It sucks. That's why.

ETA: It used to be the beer that people would drink when they wanted to feel 'above' the Corona drinkers. But it really isn't that good. Modello has taken over that spot now but is actually better. I'll stick with Carta Blanca though for my cerveza.
Exactly. Maybe it's bad luck, poor distribution or storage but Dos Equis that I've had in the past always seemed a little skunky. Modelo Negra has been consistently a lot better.
That's because it's in a green bottle. Green bottle beers are all trash.
agent-maroon
AG
YouBet said:

The Fife said:

American Hardwood said:

It sucks. That's why.

ETA: It used to be the beer that people would drink when they wanted to feel 'above' the Corona drinkers. But it really isn't that good. Modello has taken over that spot now but is actually better. I'll stick with Carta Blanca though for my cerveza.
Exactly. Maybe it's bad luck, poor distribution or storage but Dos Equis that I've had in the past always seemed a little skunky. Modelo Negra has been consistently a lot better.
Only if the yeast is still active. If it's filtered & processed then the bottle doesn't have any effect.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Who?mikejones!
It's wow because of how well this boycott has worked.

From top selling beer to Costco dropping it in a matter a a few months is pretty wow to me.
YouBet
AG
agent-maroon said:

YouBet said:

The Fife said:

American Hardwood said:

It sucks. That's why.

Only if the yeast is still active. If it's filtered & processed then the bottle doesn't have any effect.
Don't care. They all suck!
agent-maroon
AG

Respectfully disagree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nortex97
AG
Costco Death Star?
Whoop Delecto
AG
Burying the lead here. Modelo usurps Bud Light. Hey McDonalds - look out for Taqueria Arandas.
Ag with kids
AG
Whoop Delecto said:

Burying the lead here. Modelo usurps Bud Light. Hey McDonalds - look out for Taqueria Arandas.
Taco Palenque...
XXXVII
ProgN said:

Bud Light is slammed AGAIN for latest tweet that says 'the best beer is an open beer' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

Bud Light's latest attempt to win back beer lovers has fallen flat with consumers as the brand continues to fight for its life after its disastrous partnership with Dylan Mulvaney.

The beer maker was lambasted Monday for posting on Twitter a GIF of a frothing can of Bud being cracked open with the caption: 'The best beer is an open beer.'

The post followed a Sunday clip which was mercilessly mocked online for showing a female picnic-goer spooning large bites of watermelon into her mouth as wind sent paper plates and cans of Bud flying.

The company's April partnership with transgender influencer Mulvaney has cost the brand's parent-company about $22billion in market cap to date.

Quote:

Monday's post was hit hard in the comments section by disgruntled tweeters.

'Hard pass, banned for life in our home!' wrote one disheartened former fan.

'The best beer is a beer that is not a Bud Light,' wrote Derek Schwartz.

'The best women are biological women,' wrote a third user, gesturing toward the Mulvaney scandal.

One account got straight to the point, writing: 'That depends. if it's a Bud Light, then the best beer is any other beer you can get your hands on. Bud Light turned its back on the working man and embraced a bunch of woke whiners. #boycottbudlight.'

Bud Light sales continued to slump in July - a generally critical period for alcohol brands.

Sales plunged 28.5 percent for the week that ended in July 1, down slightly from the 27.9 percent decline the brand saw for the week ending in June 24.

The domestic beer's problems have, to some extent, bled into its sister brands under the umbrella of Anheuser-Busch.

Sales of Michelob Ultra - the nation's third favorite beer last year - were down by 4.3 percent in the week ending in July 1. Busch Light sales were down 8.5 percent for the same period, according to Bump Williams Consulting and NielsonIQ data.

Budweiser was also down 12.1 percent, according to the consultants.

OK, but I still see Inbev owned beers way up at the top like Corona. People need to start boycotting those beers to do more damage.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
XXXVII
munch96 said:

I saw THIS at Costco the other day. They know what's up and are preparing.

DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
b0ridi

If the College Station gas stations are any indication, college students have moved on to Twisted Tea
CDUB98
AG
YouBet said:

The Fife said:

American Hardwood said:

It sucks. That's why.

Dude, Spaten Oktoberfest is excellent.
Squadron7
AG
Not a beer drinker myself.

Just sitting here terrified that some moron will try to put Mulvaney on a Hendricks Gin bottle.
Squadron7
AG
b0ridi said:

If the College Station gas stations are any indication, college students have moved on to Twisted Tea

The scale of modern manufacturing continues to awe me. The fact that there is all that in just one little bodega and you could walk into any number of places...anywhere...and see more just like it is truly amazing.

What do those worm-brained Antifa maggots think is going to replace this?
GeorgiAg
AG
This poor *******. Be careful what cerakote you pick.

ProgN
Squadron7 said:

b0ridi said:

The scale of modern manufacturing continues to awe me. The fact that there is all that in just one little bodega and you could walk into any number of places...anywhere...and see more just like it is truly amazing.

What do those worm-brained Antifa maggots think is going to replace this?

For free of course.
CDUB98
AG
What in the ever living hell is that gif from?
agent-maroon
AG
CDUB98 said:

Oh, sure... go ahead and pretend you've never done acid
AggieChemE09
AG
CDUB98 said:

"dream" sequence from 22 Jump Street
Martin Q. Blank
XXXVII said:

munch96 said:

I saw THIS at Costco the other day. They know what's up and are preparing.

yup, went to Costco 2 days ago and looked for Bud Light, which they normally stock, and couldn't find it.
BurnetAggie99
https://www.foxbusiness.com/video/6331078630112
ProgN
CDUB98 said:

Bruh, I'm older than you and can't believe you haven't watched both movies. They're hilarious.
ProgN
AggieChemE09 said:

CDUB98 said:

"dream" sequence from 22 Jump Street
Thank you sir for pointing out the obvious. I shall refrain from making fun of CDUB because I like and respect him.
tamc93
AG
some of the replies are interesting.

FJB, FPA, and FAZ
CDUB98
AG
ProgN said:

CDUB98 said:

Bruh, I'm older than you and can't believe you haven't watched both movies. They're hilarious.

Meh. I rarely watch movies anymore and neither 21 or 22 looked interesting to me.
dreyOO
21 was shockingly hilarious. 22 wasn't too bad either.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.