Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,841 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
AnScAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Given Yeungling's nearly 50% increase in sales and InBevAB's rapidly declining sales Yeungling and other brewers may be able to pick up a few breweries in and around Texas for fire sale pricing before long.
ShaggySLC
AnScAggie said:

Given Yeungling's nearly 50% increase in sales and InBevAB's rapidly declining sales Yeungling and other brewers may be able to pick up a few breweries in and around Texas for fire sale pricing before long.
That would be hilarious
johnnyblaze36
AG
The Fife said:

Fred Meyers in Everett WA (suburb north of Seattle)

Bud Light on steep discount and even over here nobody's touching it. I bought Rainier just for old times sake.

First thing I did after graduating college was selling baseball season tickets to the Everett Aquasox games. Not an easy sell competing against the nearby Mariners. Basically Bud Light is now the Aquasox based on that photo. Cheap product that nobody wants any part of.
The Fife
C@LAg said:

The Fife said:

Fred Meyers in Everett WA (suburb north of Seattle)

visiting the family?

everett is not exactly Fife.

The work family, I didn't want to have a long commute. It's not the most fun place but whatever.
Wildmen06
AG
Nm
aggiedata
AG
AgDad121619 said:

CDUB98 said:

Maybe all of this Transheiser Bush nonsense will cause Yuengling to open a dedicated brewery here in Texas to help keep up with demand.
Lol. They have in Fort Worth - only reason it is available in Texas

Not dedicated though. They use Coors brewery in Fort Worth.

Under terms of the deal, Yuengling beers will be brewed and packaged in select Molson Coors' breweries with Yuengling's supervision. Yuengling will retain the rights to its brands and trademarks and remain a family-owned business. The companies did not disclose the finances of the partnership.
Stat Monitor Repairman

$27 billion+ in losses so far; queer influencers most affected.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

assault on LGBTQ+ parental rights
FIFY

No shlt they've gone silent with their support. Nothing gets your mind right like an absolute ass kicking at the hands of your (former) customer base. $27 billion is a LOT of freaking money, even for a company as large as InBev
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Eso si, Que es
CDUB98
AG
Joke is on Starbucks. I quit buying their **** years ago.
Daddy-O5
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Still not drinking their crappy coffee.
techno-ag
AG
Posted on the Starbucks thread but belongs here too. The Bud Light backlash has really scared corporate America. You figure, this is the first real multimillion dollar consequences they've seen for overt wokeness.

techno-ag said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/executives-quiet-their-sustainability-talk-on-earnings-calls-amid-growing-culture-war-3a358c1f

Quote:

Companies' mentions of green and social initiatives during earnings calls have fallen off sharply in recent quarters, reversing a more boastful approach taken over the past few years amid intensifying pressure from some investors and conservative activists.

"The easiest thing to do is just to stay out of the conversation and emphasize other facets of business that are going to be perceived as less controversial and more core to the traditional metrics of the business," said Jason Jay, senior lecturer of sustainability at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Chef Elko
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Welp, time to get a job.
powerbelly
AG
Danwell Home said:

Welp, time to get a job.

It's too bad we can't just get rid of all social media influencers.
Tailgate88
AG
powerbelly said:

Danwell Home said:

Welp, time to get a job.

It's too bad we can't just get rid of all social media influencers.
Ironic: social media "influencers" are generally not the kind of people you want influencing anyone.
Get Off My Lawn
techno-ag said:

Posted on the Starbucks thread but belongs here too. The Bud Light backlash has really scared corporate America. You figure, this is the first real multimillion dollar consequences they've seen for overt wokeness.

techno-ag said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/executives-quiet-their-sustainability-talk-on-earnings-calls-amid-growing-culture-war-3a358c1f

Quote:

Companies' mentions of green and social initiatives during earnings calls have fallen off sharply in recent quarters, reversing a more boastful approach taken over the past few years amid intensifying pressure from some investors and conservative activists.

"The easiest thing to do is just to stay out of the conversation and emphasize other facets of business that are going to be perceived as less controversial and more core to the traditional metrics of the business," said Jason Jay, senior lecturer of sustainability at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Whatd be lovely to see is a revolt against the ESG / CSR waste as well. MBAs have been lying to CEOs by telling them "it's what the market wants." We may see some of them say "known waste vs a risk of higher costs to access capital? Let's take our chances. The DEI services are no longer needed."

I know - it's a hope, not a likelihood, but a guy can dream!
rednecked
AG
techno-ag said:

techno-ag said:

Quote:

AggieDruggist89
AG
https://belchingbeaver.com/

Found this traveling out of San Diego. I pray they never sell to AB. Would love to meet the guys who started the company... Belching Beaver. Either you get it or you don't.

I would drink this daily.... and I only drink socially and never alone.

nortex97
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Still not drinking their crappy overpriced and burnt coffee.
FIFY. Also, **** standing in line for that trash behind some soy orders from a a glorified vending machine for a 5 or 10 dollar cup of coffee. /rant.
AgsMnn
AG
Caldwell BB

agent-maroon
AG
Probably worth the drive to stock up. Could replenish my supply of hog maws & pork ears from the freezer just to the right of the display while I'm there.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tanya 93
Bud guy is worried.
He said he worked 4 hours yesterday because nobody is needing much, if not anything.

CDUB98
AG
AgsMnn said:

Caldwell BB

nortex97
AG
aggiedata
AG
Well, At least bud light isn't a frat beer anymore.

So success
CDUB98
AG
nortex97 said:

That's a derp face if I've ever seen one......well usually it's looking back at me in the mirror.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Gundi
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
turfman80
AG
Per my B/CS HEB friend. Statewide HEB Bud Light sales remain down 30% and some stores holding steady at a 70% decline, depending on location.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Prosperdick
AG
nortex97 said:

So wait, the Harvard horse-face chick couldn't even come up with the galactically stupid idea on her own, she had to listen to this moron.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

So wait, the Harvard horse-face chick couldn't even come up with the galactically stupid idea on her own, she had to listen to this moron.
Like they've always said - it takes a village...
javajaws
AG
Any beer company that hires a California marketing firm like that to help them needs to have their entire c-suite fired. And I mean ALL of them. And if the board doesn't fire them all they open themselves up to a class action lawsuit from shareholders for not following their fiduciary responsibilities.
Hogties
AG
Another anecdote from the field I happened to be walking into a Walmart today with a Budweiser distributer field guy. I struck up a conversation that went like this:

Me - so how's this Bud Light controversy impacting you guys?
Him - well let me put it to you this way, out of our customers, 20% say they will never come back. The other 80% haven't decided.
Me - you mean 80% don't know much about this whole Mulvaney deal?
Him - No. I mean 20% say they will never come back. The other 80% just haven't decided when they will come back. But they think they will eventually start drinking Bud Light again.
Me - wow! That must impact how much money you guys are making.
Him - it hasn't impacted me yet, but the higher ups, yeah, it's killing them.

Field report from South Louisiana.
Showertime at the Bidens
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Like they've always said - it takes a village...

Between hiring marketing firms and consultants do corporate executives make any decisions anymore?

Jack Squat 83
AG
The difference with this "boycott" is (to my knowledge) there's no leader or group screaming to the troops to boycott the product. 99% of this deal is organic and the folks are simply making the choice to make this statement because it means something to them.

If you step back and look at the whole movement, it's simply amazing, massive shift in dollars. Way to go, folks. Enough is finally enough.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
one safe place
Prosperdick said:

nortex97 said:

Probably best not to listen to anyone about anything when they are little more than children, whether it be the two you mention, or the guy and gal with the FTX thing. They may have had success in one or more things but need a little more wear on their tread before they should be trusted with your own company's future.
First Page Last Page
Page 69 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.