Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

459,012 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think this will hit q1 results. Q2 is when they'll get hammered.
C@LAg
LostInLA07 said:

I don't think this will hit q1 results
nope. too sort of a time period, and this is just one sliver of their portfolio.
TRM
AG
Correct, but the analysts will ask questions about it.
ShaggySLC
Warning Language:

It's not stopping, the joke will go on for years

Thaddeus Beauregard
ShaggySLC said:

Warning Language:

It's not stopping, the joke will go on for years

Haha! That was put out by a long time buddy of mine! Joe's humor is unmistakable!
Tanya 93
C@LAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

Eliminatus said:

Wait, is Tanya in the restaurant/bar business now??!

Yes

and we are still waiting for her to deliver the blooming onion to our table.

We don't have an Outback Steakhouse, so you will be waiting a bit
Ag with kids
AG
C@LAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

Eliminatus said:

Wait, is Tanya in the restaurant/bar business now??!

Yes

and we are still waiting for her to deliver the blooming onion to our table.
It hasn't bloomed yet.

Chill...let nature take its course. You gay people are SOOOOO impatient!
CDUB98
AG
LostInLA07 said:

I don't think this will hit q1 results. Q2 is when they'll get hammered.
THIS

The fustercluck hit in April.

The forward looking guidance will be the very interesting part. Will they be truthful, or will they be arrogant and claim they will recapture lost marketshare?
ClassicAg18
AG
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/ceo-distances-anheuser-busch-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-controversy-not-formal-campaign

CEO says their 4-year outlook remains unchanged. And they are going to start doing lots of marketing campaigns to save their brand. LOL! Someone might want to fire this guy. They are doomed.
CDUB98
AG
So, they're going with the arrogance approach.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Seeking Alpha BUD Press Release
Quote:

For the full-year, management retained its outlook that includes the expectation of EBITDA growth in the range between 4% to 8% and revenue growth "ahead of EBITDA from a healthy combination of volume and price." A 12.4% rise in revenue per hl was primarily driven by pricing actions in Q1, with optionality to enact further increases throughout the year, according to the earnings announcement.
Interesting. So part of their core growth plan is price hikes.
Forget what the marketing folks are doing. The business model is that beer demand is price/economy inelastic. There is some truth there, it doesn't matter how consumer wallets get, vices are one of the last areas that consumers will cut.

Inflation be damned... Trans/wokeism is what it is. They'll bump prices just enough that the consumers that haven't bailed will keep buying.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Good luck to 'em.

But they about to find out that once something become a meme, you can't unmeme that meme. There's no amount of marketing that can fix this particular situation.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Interesting. So part of their core growth plan is price hikes.

Forget what the marketing folks are doing. The business model is that beer demand is price/economy inelastic. There is some truth there, it doesn't matter how consumer wallets get, vices are one of the last areas that consumers will cut.
It's certainly an interesting approach given their current situation. If it were normal circumstances, then yes, the inelasticity of beer would benefit them, but with their downfall in sales in Q2, they could seriously up the price and they may not make up for the earnings shortfall.

And then, still projecting a 12.4% rise in revenue overall with the current market pressure on them......bold strategy, Cotton.
BurnetAggie99
Went into a wing restaurant yesterday had a late lunch and some beers with a vendor. Asked the bartender why the bud light tap had a plastic pitcher over the Tap. He said they took it off Tap and had all their Kegs sent back. It was in transition to be changed to a local craft beer offering.
Daddy-O5
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Went into a wing restaurant yesterday had a late lunch and some beers with a vendor. Asked the bartender why the bud light tap had a plastic pitcher over the Tap. He said they took it off Tap and had all their Kegs sent back. It was in transition to be changed to a local craft beer offering.
"Transition". That bartenders got jokes.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bud light got an impossible task here. The entire brand is ****ed, imo.

It's the equivalent of trying to get Cubs fans to forget about Steve Bartman.
lb3
AG
AnScAggie said:

Zarathustra said:

JCA1 said:

ProgN said:

JCA1 said:

Modelo Especial on pace to be the No. 1 selling beer in America?! No way that can be right. Even in Texas, I don't see a ton of people drinking it.

You misinterpreted what he was implying. He's saying that BL is likely to fall so far down the list that even Modelo will out sell them.
Yeah. I can see it that way now. That may be what he getting at.

At our local store, Modelo was right next to the AB products. It was completely empty. There was one12 pack of Bud Light missing from an otherwise full shelf.

Grupo Modelo is owned by InBev which is a subsidiary of AB InBev which is unfortunate.

Bubblez
I just had some Karbach BBH
techno-ag
AG
Bubblez said:

Keep doing your part. Never change.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

bonfarr
AG
This morning one of my Bud guys was crying to me because someone plastered the For Rectal Use Only stickers on every single package of Bud Light in one of my stores. There must have been 100 of those stickers between the beer cave, the vault, and on the endcap displays. He was so sure a rival Distributor was the culprit but I laughed and had to tell him sorry man the guy that did that was most likely one of your old customers.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Logos Stick
Does anyone beside me suspect this woke female VP might have done this on purpose?

She hates the base which is mainly older white conservative males.

I'm sure she is laughing her ass off right now.
aggie93
AG
This is bound to help!

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
bonfarr
AG
Logos Stick said:

Does anyone beside me suspect this woke female VP might have done this on purpose?

No, not on purpose. What you are seeing is what happens when companies hire woke executives that live entirely in a bubble. She is likely never around any of the type of people that have been the core customer of the brand she repped and she obviously thought she could tap into the consumers that think like her by creating some virtue signaling BS. It might work for Kombucha or some other crunchy granola crap but doesn't resonate with mass market beer consumers. My guess is she had no effing clue what she was stepping into.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Ellis Wyatt
Bubblez said:

You're going to have to drink a whooooole bunch more.
Bubblez
Ellis Wyatt said:

Bubblez said:

You're going to have to drink a whooooole bunch more.
Yes I know. I think I'm up for the challenge to save Karbach, Goose Island, and my other Inbev owned favorites. After that BBH, now time for a bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout.
Kenneth_2003
AG
bonfarr said:

Logos Stick said:

No, not on purpose. What you are seeing is what happens when companies hire woke executives that live entirely in a bubble. She is likely never around any of the type of people that have been the core customer of the brand she repped and she obviously thought she could tap into the consumers that think like her by creating some virtue signaling BS. It might work for Kombucha or some other crunchy granola crap but doesn't resonate with mass market beer consumers. My guess is she had no effing clue what she was stepping into.

Scroll back on this very thread. There are photos of her, in college, blowing up condom balloons. I guarantee she has fratty chugged Bud Light.
TxAgswin
AG
I eat Chic-Fil-A because it's delicious.

I don't drink Bud Light because it's terrible.

I guess I'm a free-market liberal.
Mulberrywildman
AG
So you're against mom and pop breweries, which lean heavily as ALLIES, and will only drink beer from massive corporations that pay $0 in taxes and don't pay their fair share while also hurting minorities, gender-neutral and bipoc peoples with their carbon producing plants?

AND…and!! They give money to Republican politicians!!! You might as well be Trumpf's personal campaign donor.

That's atrocious!
BassCowboy33
Logos Stick said:

No. I think she was trying to reach a new demographic with the brand and made the mistake of alienating the base.

Nobody goes about their careers thinking, "How can I sabotage my future and livelihood with a bad business decision today?"
Bubblez
Mulberrywildman said:

So you're against mom and pop breweries, which lean heavily as ALLIES, and will only drink beer from massive corporations that pay $0 in taxes and don't pay their fair share while also hurting minorities, gender-neutral and bipoc peoples with their carbon producing plants?

AND…and!! They give money to Republican politicians!!! You might as well be Trumpf's personal campaign donor.

That's atrocious!
I'm not against mom and pop places. I buy plenty from them too. Next time I'm in the area, I plan on stopping by Fort Brewing in Fort Worth which hosted that drag show that had the protester issue a couple of weeks ago.
Nanomachines son
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/05/04/epic-video-fans-at-fenway-park-line-up-for-concessions-except-at-the-bud-light-stand-n741341

It's toxic even in Boston. It's not selling even at ballparks where it's one of the few options. People would rather drink water than Budweiser products in a stadium. That's not good for them.
cbr
AG
you know, 81 million people supposedly voted for this ****, stunning how those ballots arent matching up well with the market data.
texagbeliever
cbr said:

you know, 81 million people supposedly voted for this ****, stunning how those ballots arent matching up well with the Signatures.

FIFY (Arizona reference)
Mulberrywildman
AG
You truly are an inspiration to beer drinkers, and dare I say the world with your altruism related beer choices!

Keep changing the world one beer at a time!!!!
Hungry Ojos
Bubblez said:

Mulberrywildman said:

That's atrocious!
I'm not against mom and pop places. I buy plenty from them too. Next time I'm in the area, I plan on stopping by Fort Brewing in Fort Worth which hosted that drag show that had the protester issue a couple of weeks ago.

Such a troll. No idea why anyone pays any attention to you.
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.