Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,995 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
EclipseAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
f burg ag said:

I see a lot of Miller Lite, Shiner and Yuengling love on here (all of which I am a fan of)....but no love for Coors Banquet? I tried it a few months ago and really liked it.
If you ever need to get 400 cases of Coors from Texas to Atlanta real quick-like, I know a couple of guys.
Tanya 93
It's noon

No Bud sales
3 pitchers of Yuengling
And 27 margaritas
American Hardwood
AG
This situation is even more unique because of this. If the LBGTQXYZ+ bunch wants to run out and try to meme/tiktok their way into countering the boycott, they will only reinforce the branding image problem that Bud would desperately like to go away.

I find it incredibly ironic and hilarious that the best way the alphabet mob can help BL is to sit down and shut up which would be like poison to every fiber of their being. Making noise is all they know how to do.
American Hardwood
AG
EclipseAg said:

f burg ag said:

I see a lot of Miller Lite, Shiner and Yuengling love on here (all of which I am a fan of)....but no love for Coors Banquet? I tried it a few months ago and really liked it.
If you ever need to get 400 cases of Coors from Texas to Atlanta real quick-like, I know a couple of guys.
Introduced this classic to my kids a few months ago. They didn't want to watch but were glad they did in the end.
Tramp96
EclipseAg said:

f burg ag said:

I got some bad news for you...they have both...ceased to be.

Tramp96
ShaggySLC said:

Warning Language:

It's not stopping, the joke will go on for years

Txhuntr
AG
Nanomachines son said:

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/05/04/epic-video-fans-at-fenway-park-line-up-for-concessions-except-at-the-bud-light-stand-n741341

It's toxic even in Boston. It's not selling even at ballparks where it's one of the few options. People would rather drink water than Budweiser products in a stadium. That's not good for them.

This has gone beyond boycott at this point. Nobody wants to be called a flaming fa**** by their friends or in front of their gf's. The only way bud possibly survives this is if a frat joke like "icing" someone back in the day comes around, but with bud instead of Smirnoff. Which would be incredibly ironic considering their marketing was trying to get away from the fratastic image
JCA1
AG
As others have said, it's not so much a boycott as drinking Bud Light is now grounds for your buddies to make fun of you. I really can't come up with a comparable situation with another product. Honestly, the closest I can come up with is music, where certain artists (Nickelback, Creed to name a couple) and even genres (disco) went from popular to uncool virtually overnight and, all of a sudden, no one wanted to publicly admit to liking them. The next few months should be very interesting to watch.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

If the LBGTQXYZ+ bunch wants to run out and try to meme/tiktok their way into countering the boycott, they will only reinforce the branding image problem that Bud would desperately like to go away.
That's the crazy part about all this.

There's no conceivable way for them to try and fix this and it not backfire. They are frozen in place. Nobody knows what to do.

Bud Light might think about discontinuing the product for some extended amount of time and then trying to bring it back.

I doubt that will work though. They likely have permanently damaged the brand.
HoustonAg2106
AG
https://www.businessinsider.com/anheuser-busch-ceo-response-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-can-sales-2023-5?amp

"Bud Light controversy led to only a 1% drop in global sales volume, CEO says"

samurai_science
HoustonAg2106 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/anheuser-busch-ceo-response-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-can-sales-2023-5?amp

Wait until next quarter....
Tanya 93
HoustonAg2106 said:

It is Cinco de Mayo

I have not sold a single Bud product today.

He is a liar face
HoustonAg2106
AG
Tanya 93 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

It is Cinco de Mayo

I have not sold a single Bud product today.

He is a liar face

He's lying and he's also daring us to make it worse
HoustonAg2106
AG
Another quote from the CEO

"He added that Bud Light is just one of many beer brands owned by Anheuser-Busch, so it likely won't impact the company's "full-year outlook."
Tramp96
HoustonAg2106 said:

Another quote from the CEO

"He added that Bud Light is just one of many beer brands owned by Anheuser-Busch, so it likely won't impact the company's "full-year outlook."
Now that I know they still make Michelob, but won't sell it in Texas (you know, the 2nd most populist state), I'm even more convinced they are the dumbest beer company in the history of beer companies. They deserve every bit of failure imaginable.

Noble07
AG
Quote:

As others have said, it's not so much a boycott as drinking Bud Light is now grounds for your buddies to make fun of you. I really can't come up with a comparable situation with another product. Honestly, the closest I can come up with is music, where certain artists (Nickelback, Creed to name a couple) and even genres (disco) went from popular to uncool virtually overnight and, all of a sudden, no one wanted to publicly admit to liking them. The next few months should be very interesting to watch.

Nickelback and Creed are great examples. But I can't point to a specific moment in time that caused their demise. To me this resembles the whole Dixie Chicks "we're ashamed that George Bush is from Texas" moment.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Noble07 said:

Quote:

Nickelback and Creed are great examples. But I can't point to a specific moment in time that caused their demise. To me this resembles the whole Dixie Chicks "we're ashamed that George Bush is from Texas" moment.

Dixie Chicks is the best example. People can crap on Nickelback and Creed all they want, but they still sold out concerts and sold millions of albums for a long time
agent-maroon
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Noble07 said:

Quote:

Dixie Chicks is the best example. People can crap on Nickelback and Creed all they want, but they still sold out concerts and sold millions of albums for a long time

Billy Squire had a great thing going until he made an ambiguously gay video that tanked him overnight.

Song is "Rock me tonight"

Edit to add video
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FTAG 2000
AG
I'm convinced they will have to kill the Bud Light brand and trot out something new to replace it.

Of course it will be named by the same ace marketing team that has been reacting to this mess the last several weeks, so they will inevitably pick a completely stupid lefty idealist name for it.
TxAgswin
AG
Yeah, they **** the bed on this big time.

I see what they were trying to do, but man was it stupid. How somebody on Madison Avenue didn't raise a huge red flag on this is astonishing. This super-conservative brand, two months before its biggest sales day of the year throws down a culture war gauntlet? Why in the **** would you do that?

Completely tone deaf.

That tiny percentage of market share isn't interested in their product anyhow. At least not that one. They could have maybe slipped something like that by with a seltzer product or something and nobody would have noticed. But they did it with their flagship product.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And now they are super-****ed. I think it's probably too late to walk it back. I think a big bulk of their market is gone forever. It's too easy to pick up a six pack of Coors or Miller Lite. It's all the same *****

And even if they do try to walk it back, they will alienate the very segment they were trying to capture in the first place, and then everyone will be boycotting them.

Will be interesting to see how they try to walk this tightrope.

I don't see an easy out for them.

JCA1
AG
Noble07 said:

Quote:

Garth Brooks-Chris Gaines debacle?
JCA1
AG
agent-maroon said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Noble07 said:

Quote:

Billy Squire had a great thing going until he made an ambigously gay video that tanked him overnight. On the cell or I would link it up.

Song is "Rock me tonight"
This is spot on. That may be the best analogy yet.
agent-maroon
AG
Yeah that's so totally going to fool their former customer base. Maybe they can call it "Trinidad" or "Biber's" to appease the trans crowd and hope Billy Bluecollar doesn't catch the reference
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BCG Disciple
AG
It should be easy to see it coming, but the reality is that most beer operations are liberal and have gravitated that way for years. They market to individual segments separately and it usually stays in that segments respective echo chamber. This was a moment where that iterative step bit them enormously. They've been doing it for years.

Reminds me of the 9/11 "mastermind" Khalid Sheikh Mohammed regarding our response to 9/11. He said he expected us to respond as we had previously done, which was lob a few cruise missiles that were relatively ineffective. He then commented "How was I supposed to know that cowboy George Bush would announce he wanted us 'dead or alive' and then invade Afghanistan to hunt us down?"
Stat Monitor Repairman
They'll discontinue it for a year then relaunch the product as Bud Ultra.
dreyOO
I don't know enough about the beer industry to detect that trend. I'd think the more obvious root cause is the marketing firms (just like MSM) are completely filled with libs. There is no diversity of thought. Those are the same firms that all had to cry it out when Trump won the election. They live and breathe leftism and still can't comprehend how they got this wrong.
American Hardwood
AG
It's all fine and dandy if you want to keep up the pressure by cajoling your buds about drinking trans beer, but the campaign really needs to remind everyone that the real issue is that they, like so many other companies, feel that it is okay to force-feed their DEI bull**** down everyone's throat, and in this case add insult to injury by their arrogant response.

Having the CEO trot out there and say '1%, no-biggie' is tantamount to saying "eff you redneck BL drinkers, we don't need you anyway.". They think they will be saved by all their other brands, but you know what, those brands may not be bulletproof and people who are motivated enough can certainly find out what they are and abandon those too. But it has to be at it's core, the revolt against woke. Not just about making fun of your buds, that isn't powerful enough on it's own.

Given what this smarmy arrogant CEO has said, they deserve to have all their brands suffer and I am willing to do it even though some of them I like. There are PLENTY of beer options out there.
DargelSkout
AG
Smirnoff says hold my vodka.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/smirnoff-vodka-partners-trans-woman-recently-disrupted-texas-legislature-anti-trans-bill
TxAgswin
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

They'll discontinue it for a year then relaunch the product as Bud Ultra.
They already have that. Mich Ultra is a Busch product.

It's not an easy boycott to have teeth. They are too diversified. Wall Street hasn't really given it much thought. Down 1% today, so maybe a good buy opportunity.
TxAgswin
AG
BCG Disciple said:

It should be easy to see it coming, but the reality is that most beer operations are liberal and have gravitated that way for years. They market to individual segments separately and it usually stays in that segments respective echo chamber. This was a moment where that iterative step bit them enormously. They've been doing it for years.

Reminds me of the 9/11 "mastermind" Khalid Sheikh Mohammed regarding our response to 9/11. He said he expected us to respond as we had previously done, which was lob a few cruise missiles that were relatively ineffective. He then commented "How was I supposed to know that cowboy George Bush would announce he wanted us 'dead or alive' and then invade Afghanistan to hunt us down?"
Are you really comparing an ad campaign for Bud Light to 9/11?

Get a grip, dude.
TxAgswin
AG
DargelSkout said:

Smirnoff says hold my vodka.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/smirnoff-vodka-partners-trans-woman-recently-disrupted-texas-legislature-anti-trans-bill
Surprised nobody has leaned into this the other way.

Golden opportunity (pun) for Coors or Miller to take over Budweiser's stranglehold on being the American patriotic man beer.

If I were Coors, I would be rolling out red, white and blue cans and all proceeds on the Fourth of July go to First Responders and VA groups.

There's nothing more American than exploiting nonsense for profit. and market share.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Had dinner at the stockyards in CowTown last night. I asked the bar keep how Bud Light was doing.

"I've sold one can over my last 3 shifts" was the reply.

Awesome.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
aTm2004
AG
Noble07 said:

Quote:

Sinead O'Connor ripping up picture of the Pope on SNL is another great example.

falconace
Nanomachines son said:

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/05/04/epic-video-fans-at-fenway-park-line-up-for-concessions-except-at-the-bud-light-stand-n741341

It's toxic even in Boston. It's not selling even at ballparks where it's one of the few options. People would rather drink water than Budweiser products in a stadium. That's not good for them.

Boston (where I lived for a year in the 2000s) surprises me at times. When Scott Brown was running, I was up there for a work trip. When we wrapped up work, several of us (in defense) decided it would be fun to head to his party downtown as even if he lost, it would be a good time. On our way there, around 7, we pulled up to a toll booth. The unionized toll taker asked us if we heard the news. We said what news. He said Scott brown had won. We saved the ****ing country. We told him we were on our way to his party. He was ecstatic.

A unionized toll taker in Massachusetts in 2012/2013. Let that **** sink in.
CSTXAg92
AG
Tanya 93 said:

duck79 said:

We had a delivery scheduled for 8am on Friday at our wholesaler(one of the top 10 largest beer wholesalers in America) and I got a call from our brewery that the driver was turned away. After calling the wholesaler, we found out that they had to shut down receiving for 3 days due to overstock in product and not having anywhere to put deliveries. As of Friday morning, 50 trucks had already been turned away. When I asked if this was due to the lack of outgoing BL sales, I was told "No comment".

Wholesalers are furious. Many are down 25+% with overstock sitting in their warehouses.

Not ordering a drop of AB products this week.

If we run out of Corona on Friday, Dos XX works for beeritas.

We just aren't selling much.
Coors? Yeah
Yuengling? **** why did it take so long to get this?
Space Camper? People are trying the locals now.

But BL, MU, Bud, Modelo, and Busch Light aren't selling much

Had Yuengling a couple summers ago in Ocean City, MD when visiting some friends. Pretty good beer. Great finally seeing it here in Texas.
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.