Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,817 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
eric76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Flying Crowbar said:

It would not surprise me at all if the conversation inside the C-suite goes along the lines of, "We were right, it's just that the country is full of bigots who aren't ready for the message."
Lol, I've spent plenty of time in the C-suite in the last 15 years and it's probably more like "what the **** were you thinking? Do you know how much this is costing us and our shareholders?"

We'll see. If they double down on their stance, you are right. If they pull back, then it's a sign that smarter heads prevail. Just so stupid. And of course it was driven by their focus on "inclusivity."
Except that the left leaning pressure is coming from the parent company.

It doesn't help to stop buying Anheuser-Bush products if you buy other products owned by the company.
eric76
AG
Buzzy said:

I took a buddy out to a bar to celebrate his passing a state licensing exam. He drank Modelo Especial. We referred to those who couldn't make it as 'Bud Light drinkers'.
I may be wrong, but isn't that one of the brands owned by the leftist Brazilian company that owns Anheuser-Buschnow?

If it is, then you might as well be drinking Bud Light.
FTAG 2000
AG
eric76 said:

Buzzy said:

I took a buddy out to a bar to celebrate his passing a state licensing exam. He drank Modelo Especial. We referred to those who couldn't make it as 'Bud Light drinkers'.
I may be wrong, but isn't that one of the brands owned by the leftist Brazilian company that owns Anheuser-Buschnow?

If it is, then you might as well be drinking Bud Light.

Modelo is owned by AB world wide but not in the US.
deddog
AG
eric76 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Flying Crowbar said:

It would not surprise me at all if the conversation inside the C-suite goes along the lines of, "We were right, it's just that the country is full of bigots who aren't ready for the message."
Lol, I've spent plenty of time in the C-suite in the last 15 years and it's probably more like "what the **** were you thinking? Do you know how much this is costing us and our shareholders?"

We'll see. If they double down on their stance, you are right. If they pull back, then it's a sign that smarter heads prevail. Just so stupid. And of course it was driven by their focus on "inclusivity."
Except that the left leaning pressure is coming from the parent company.

It doesn't help to stop buying Anheuser-Bush products if you buy other products owned by the company.
It does to quite an extent.

You think any other AB brand is going to partner with a trans loony?
Any non AB brand want to try a commercial around drag queens reading to little kids?

Do it. I dare ya.

First the democrats ruined sports. Now they are trying to ruin beer. Looks like they finally met their match.
Just leave the ****ing politics out of your products. Tired of having this crap shoved in our faces
buzzardb267
AG
Ernest Tucker said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Did my part at Reed Arena tonight and bought Dos Equis. Please tell me that doesn't fall under AB as well.

I heard Dos Equis was being rebranded as XY
"ROGER - OUT"
Pizza
blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.

Hey look another troll.

The right isn't obsessed with freaks? The right didn't start sending Men into Women's bathrooms? The right didn't start sending in mentally ill people to interact with innocent children? The right didn't advocate for the genital mutilation of confused children? The right doesn't make False claims like "men can become women?"

Mess with peoples kids and sooner or later you won't live to regret it. That's how this world has always worked. You messed with one child too many.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

I heard Dos Equis was being rebranded as XY
That's a Babylon Bee storyline waiting to happen. Well done!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
eric76 said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

I would join the boycott, except that I've already not been buying Bud Light because I don't like its taste. Maybe if Shiner or Guinness goes woke, it would affect my life.
The very woke company that owns Anheuser-Busch also owns Guinness.
Maybe just stop drinking altogether.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

techno-ag
AG
A trip down memory lane. Saw this on Twitter. It appeared on some Bud bottles in 2015. The Me Too movement kicked off in earnest around 2017.

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

ntxVol
techno-ag said:

Maybe just stop drinking altogether.
C'mon man
An L of an Ag
AG
Piling on here with more anecdotal evidence - the beer line at 11th Street Cowboy Bar in Bandera at last night's Charlie Robison concert was never less than 10 people deep at every bar. Every time I ordered or walked past, the Bud Light was untouched!

Great concert as well, by the way!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Opalka said:

Aggie95 said:

Prosperdick said:

DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

So your sales are in decline so you decide to throw the drowning man an anchor...brilliant!
just astoundingly stupid. Sales are in decline, you want to engage a younger demographic....so you choose to associate yourself with 1% (or less of the population)?!?!? There's no other way to generate interest from 21-30 year-olds? Really?
Sadly, she is truly shocked that her beliefs are not the beliefs of 75% of America.
No, she knows it and she's not shocked. AB is thinking "why not include EVERYONE". Why does it have to always be "either/or"? It was just an Instagram, not a full blown campaign or a commercial on national TV. Talk about "snowflakes"! So a national beer should only include groups that fit your own demographic?....that's ridiculous. All groups drink beer.
Incidentally, AB's stock was up almost 6% last month, but sales fell less than 4% this past week after the "outrage" that a trans person drinks Bud Light too. Looks like a stock buying opportunity to me, while I SMDH.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.

FTAG 2000
AG
blacksox said:

Now do the liberal obsessions with Orange Man, abortion, and sexualizing children.
eric76
AG
I just saw a couple of guys drinking Budweiser a few minutes ago. I know one of them. Rather than being trans friendly, though, I suspect that he hasn't paid any attention and doesn't care.
zephyr88
AG
Just dropped by the local Walmart on the way home from dinner for a tub of Blue Bell and a bottle of fort beer for floats. There were Bud Light displays on the end of each aisle and tons of untouched Bud Light in the beer fridge. All other major brands were pretty picked thru. It's obvious that the locals are still boycotting the Bud Light.
Pizza
eric76 said:

I just saw a couple of guys drinking Budweiser a few minutes ago. I know one of them. Rather than being trans friendly, though, I suspect that he hasn't paid any attention and doesn't care.

No you didn't
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
C@LAg
We were at Costco earlier today and I was pushing the 4-year old in a stroller.

I accidentally reached for the Bud Lite, but the 4-old quickly said" Daddy!, NO!!!! That is the beer for people who hate women like mommy!"

I quickly realized my mistake and grabbed a NW IPA instead.

as we turned the corner on the aisle, the 97 year old asian immigrant handing out samples of Kirkland branded cheez-its gave my son a nod in solidarity and he nodded back.

and then we picked up the pizza from the food court.
Buzzy
C@LAg said:

We were at Costco earlier today and I was pushing the 4-year old in a stroller.

I accidentally reached for the Bud Lite, but the 4-old quickly said" Daddy!, NO!!!! That is the beer for people who hate women like mommy!"

I quickly realized my mistake and grabbed a NW IPA instead.

as we turned the corner on the aisle, the 97 year old asian immigrant handing out samples of Kirkland branded cheez-its gave my son a nod in solidarity and he nodded back.

and then we picked up the pizza from the food court.
and then everybody clapped
Wild West Pimp Style
Sea Speed
AG
Dude. He wasn't being serious.
Pizza
Sea Speed said:

Dude. He wasn't being serious.

Neither of then were da.
Stat Monitor Repairman
techno-ag said:

A trip down memory lane. Saw this on Twitter. It appeared on some Bud bottles in 2015. The Me Too movement kicked off in earnest around 2017.

Since nothing else working, Bud should lean into this. Combine Dylan can with this slogan.
Squadron7
AG
Somebody...anyone....put Riley Gaines on a beer can and see what happens to your sales.
nortex97
AG
the Bee is probably having a tough time beating reality on this one.

txyaloo
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Piling on here with more anecdotal evidence - the beer line at 11th Street Cowboy Bar in Bandera at last night's Charlie Robison concert was never less than 10 people deep at every bar. Every time I ordered or walked past, the Bud Light was untouched!

So you protest against Bud but you're ok giving money to crazy lib Robison? Where does the line get drawn about the cause?
fredfredunderscorefred
AG
txyaloo said:

An L of an Ag said:

So you protest against Bud but you're ok giving money to crazy lib Robison? Where does the line get drawn about the cause?

Apparently somewhere between good music and piss beer
AnScAggie
AG
At Port A for SandFest all the beer was AB so choices ranged from Bud, Bud Light, Ultra, Ultra Gold, Estrella, White Claw and some other bs. Completely anecdotal observation. Estrella far out weighed all beer purchases that I saw. Never saw a single Bud Light being carried around or anyone drinking one. There were plenty of ladies in comfortable shoes and a few questionable genders around too.
aggiehawg
AG
Did Dylan Mulvaney stop more people from drinking than Prohibition?
Irish 2.0
txyaloo said:

An L of an Ag said:

He's not a liberal. He is a "I hate them all type".
Ag with kids
AG
aggiehawg said:

Did Dylan Mulvaney stop more people from drinking than Prohibition?
He somehow managed to be uglier than those abstinence biddies...
Ginormus Ag
AG
I was at the San Antonio XFL game last night. Not one BL in the parking lot or one seen in the stadium besides in the concession stand. I asked the beer vendor if he sold any and he said nope.
aggiehawg
AG
Maybe Cindy McCain is feeling some pain?

Quote:

In 2000, she became chair of the now $300 million-a-year Hensley & Co. following her father's death. It is one of the largest Anheuser-Busch beer distributors in the United States. Together, McCain, her children, and one of John McCain's children from his first marriage own 68 percent of the company.
KidDoc
AG
HEB here in Aggieland bud light 90% full others under 50%
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Garrelli 5000
AG
It is funny that liberals believe you can wrap a bud light sticker around a can of coke and we must believe that coke is now a beer.

I'm sure the courts would totally let me off an open container ticket if I stated my beer identifies as a diet soda.
Staff - take out the trash.
Predmid
AG
Learn to make your own beer and you wont ever have to worry about who owns what brands
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.