Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,776 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Tramp96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What the hell is an influencer partnership?

I've decided these corporations simply have too much time on their hands. They just need to stick with making the best product possible, efficient distribution chains, and real, genuine marketing strategies that optimize reach, brand, sales, and ultimately, net profit.

Fire any exec that doesn't have a direct role in doing that. Get rid of all of the other stuff.
nortex97
AG
WaltonAg18
AG
Houstonag
AG
Budweiser has lost me forever. All products.
Flying Crowbar
AG
It would not surprise me at all if the conversation inside the C-suite goes along the lines of, "We were right, it's just that the country is full of bigots who aren't ready for the message."
texagbeliever
Flying Crowbar said:

It would not surprise me at all if the conversation inside the C-suite goes along the lines of, "We were right, it's just that the country is full of bigots who aren't ready for the message."

More like, let's find some small fries to fire because of this cost then let's complain about how country is bigots.
C@LAg
bet she has already "resigned" hence her linkedin disappearing.
texagbeliever
I doubt she just resigned.

I bet she has emails of approval from plenty of other execs. They will either be paying her to not be there or she will transfer roles.
C@LAg
texagbeliever said:

I doubt she just resigned.

I bet she has emails of approval from plenty of other execs. They will either be paying her to not be there or she will transfer roles.
obviously. that is what the quotation marks are for.
TRM
AG
La Bamba said:

Whoops

This is the Daily Wire cited.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-details-emerge-over-mistake-that-led-to-bud-lights-paid-marketing-engagement-with-trans-influencer
BenFiasco14
AG
Currently at a concert in Dallas. Opener just finished and standing in line to grab a drink. All bud lights are still fully stocked in the fridges
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Kashchei
AG
At the AAC for a Stars game. Took forever to find a non InBev/AB beer, but finally found some Tupps.
MemphisAg1
AG
Flying Crowbar said:

Lol, I've spent plenty of time in the C-suite in the last 15 years and it's probably more like "what the **** were you thinking? Do you know how much this is costing us and our shareholders?"

We'll see. If they double down on their stance, you are right. If they pull back, then it's a sign that smarter heads prevail. Just so stupid. And of course it was driven by their focus on "inclusivity."
Flying Crowbar
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Flying Crowbar said:

Lol, I've spent plenty of time in the C-suite in the last 15 years and it's probably more like "what the **** were you thinking? Do you know how much this is costing us and our shareholders?"

We'll see. If they double down on their stance, you are right. If they pull back, then it's a sign that smarter heads prevail. Just so stupid. And of course it was driven by their focus on "inclusivity."
I hope you are correct, but I read about so many dumb decisions like this by various companies that it makes me wonder. You could see the reaction from BL's customer base coming from a mile away, and yet someone still gave the campaign the green light.
MemphisAg1
AG
Flying Crowbar said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Flying Crowbar said:

I hope you are correct, but I read about so many dumb decisions like this by various companies that it makes me wonder. You could see the reaction from BL's customer base coming from a mile away, and yet someone still gave the campaign the green light.
Unfortunately it's an indication the C-Suite is so drunk on their DEI garbage that they believe the rest of the world embraces it. The business manager for BL was a woman who quoted it was all about inclusivity. Sounded good to them in the moment, but reality can be a harsh wake up call.

One thing the C-Suite responds quickly to is money. Many of them would rearrange their values if it meant a higher stock price. Anything can be rationalized, which is how they got here in the first place.

Frankly, I'm enjoying the pushback on woke-ism even if it means I just gave up a favorite beer. I'll take that trade... there are many more beers out there.

EX TEXASEX
CDUB98 said:

La Bamba said:

Whoops

And little miss VP has deleted her Instagram and LinkedIn.
She has not deleted her Linkedin account. She is just working on some technical issues it is having right now.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alissa-gordon-heinerscheid-a027956_bud-light-signals-new-era-in-marketing-activity-7046224142089535489-wPTW/?trk=public_profile_share_view

Which immediately makes me think of this.

nai06
AG
nortex97 said:

LOL. Dare you not to laugh.
Damn drinking 100% anti-woke beer is expensive, $20 for a 6 pack.

Add in shipping and it jumps to over $32.
TexasAggiesWin
S
I'll stick to Samuel Jackson beer
Al Bula
AG
Liberal white women ruin everything.

And Karbach is ass.
Mulberrywildman
AG
Only a liberal would mock market driven forces creating products whose prices (may) reflect what consumers are willing to pay for a product they desire for whatever reason (cost, quality, sourcing, etc).

Isn't your side the one that buys $10 apples from Wholes Foods because it comes from an "organic" orchard in Argentina staffed only by non-binary people or pays cover charges for over priced food and drinks at some random bar to watch a drag show brunch performance?

Kudos to you for still posting after that beatdown you took on that thread. Mad props.
Old Sarge
AG
Me and my friends like to give each other a hard time over lots of stuff. Constantly. I don't even think those of us that drink other beers than Bud Light will even be given the chance to give our other friends that do, Hell about it, because they'll have lost any, and I mean any, desire to be affiliated with it whatsoever after the "transformation" of Bud Beers.

That friggin' ****** Campain was so swift and damaging because the affiliation is like affixing a Mr. Yuk Poison Control Sticker to every can, I feel robbed that I won't be able to give my friends Hell.

Robbed, I tell you.
"Green" is the new RED.
buzzardb267
AG
From that Daily Wire thread....

"ROGER - OUT"
nai06
AG
Mulberrywildman said:

Only a liberal would mock market driven forces creating products whose prices (may) reflect what consumers are willing to pay for a product they desire for whatever reason (cost, quality, sourcing, etc).

Isn't your side the one that buys $10 apples from Wholes Foods because it comes from an "organic" orchard in Argentina staffed only by non-binary people or pays cover charges for over priced food and drinks at some random bar to watch a drag show brunch performance?

Kudos to you for still posting after that beatdown you took on that thread. Mad props.
$10 apples are stupid

Enjoy your $30 six pack

EDIT: Why is paying for a drag show brunch a bad thing? I also go to comedy clubs, the theater, sporting events, etc. Are you just against live entertainment?
johnnyblaze36
AG
C@LAg said:

Her Facebook is gone too after all the "fratty" pics of her college days surfaced along with her licking a toilet. My wager is that she's next in line to become CEO of Disney.
bmks270
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

C@LAg said:

Her Facebook is gone too after all the "fratty" pics of her college days surfaced along with her licking a toilet. My wager is that she's next in line to become CEO of Disney.

I feel like execs and white collar workers at Bud Light should have been partiers in college though.
Mulberrywildman
AG
That's your opinion on the apples.

I may or may not buy the beer, what should you care?

One might says it's stupid to watch men dress up and mock females with over characterized dress, make up, and behavior. One might even call it "woman-face", the equivalent of blackface.

But, ultimately, if you thinks it's worth your money, go watch all the drag shows you want, yet you are still completely missing my point while proving it.

Once again, I'm mainly impressed you are still on here at all trying to act like you are the voice of reason and the smartest person in the room after your display on the other thread.
DTP02
AG
My extensive survey of beer kiosks at Olsen Field last night showed that hardly any Bud Light was being sold at all, and that 12th Man Lager (Karbach) was also down a good bit.

I'm somewhat mixed on Karbach getting hit, as this is much more of a Bud Light branding issue IMO.

TacosaurusRex
Purely anecdotal of course, but yesterday we put on an event and we served beer of course. Would you like to know what beer we had left over after the event was over? Out of the 25 cases of beer we purchased for the cook out, we bought three 24 packs of Bud Light. We offered 68 free beers to the clean up crew... lots of transmission fluid jokes were thrown around while everyone enjoyed other beers.
AGC
AG
nai06 said:

Mulberrywildman said:

$10 apples are stupid

Enjoy your $30 six pack

EDIT: Why is paying for a drag show brunch a bad thing? I also go to comedy clubs, the theater, sporting events, etc. Are you just against live entertainment?

Most of us don't have alphabet librarian significant others to get in to drag performances for free. The money is better spent other places.
Buzzy

I took a buddy out to a bar to celebrate his passing a state licensing exam. He drank Modelo Especial. We referred to those who couldn't make it as 'Bud Light drinkers'.
Wild West Pimp Style
nai06
AG
AGC said:

nai06 said:

Mulberrywildman said:

$10 apples are stupid

Enjoy your $30 six pack

Most of us don't have alphabet librarian significant others to get in to drag performances for free. The money is better spent other places.

Same. But I think on average librarians are pretty great people who are underpaid and underappreciated for the work they do.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What's more fun, a Drag show or Chippendales?
nai06
AG
Mulberrywildman said:

That's your opinion on the apples.

I may or may not buy the beer, what should you care?

One might says it's stupid to watch men dress up and mock females with over characterized dress, make up, and behavior. One might even call it "woman-face", the equivalent of blackface.

But, ultimately, if you thinks it's worth your money, go watch all the drag shows you want, yet you are still completely missing my point while proving it.

Once again, I'm mainly impressed you are still on here at all trying to act like you are the voice of reason and the smartest person in the room after your display on the other thread.

I have no idea what other thread you are referring to but thanks for keeping tabs on me I guess.

I don't care if you buy the beer. I think it's silly, a waste of money, and possibly a scam. Seth Weathers runs an apparel company and has never brewed beer before. It's unclear if they have even started to contract production out to a brewer in order to make their May 11 ship date.

techno-ag
AG
Ever since those seltzer beers came out the world has been going to heck.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

YouBet
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Flying Crowbar said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Flying Crowbar said:

Unfortunately it's an indication the C-Suite is so drunk on their DEI garbage that they believe the rest of the world embraces it. The business manager for BL was a woman who quoted it was all about inclusivity. Sounded good to them in the moment, but reality can be a harsh wake up call.

One thing the C-Suite responds quickly to is money. Many of them would rearrange their values if it meant a higher stock price. Anything can be rationalized, which is how they got here in the first place.

Frankly, I'm enjoying the pushback on woke-ism even if it means I just gave up a favorite beer. I'll take that trade... there are many more beers out there.

I'll play Devils Advocate a bit here as someone who has also spent plenty of time in the C-Suite and upper levels of management. AB released a statement a few days ago that said senior leadership (minus the Marketing VP) were not aware of this campaign.

That could absolutely be the case. Most people don't realize how completely out of touch the C-Suite can be with anyone or anything below their immediate direct reports. Even if they are getting that information passed up to them in status reports or some form of recurring status meeting a lot of that stuff is going in one ear and out the other. There is so much information to absorb and process at that level that this could easily have gotten lost in the noise or there was some other larger fire to put out or whatever.

Im not saying this is what happened but it EASILY could have. Ive seen stuff like this happen more times than I count. That being said I won't be drinking AB products, granted I don't drink them anyway so Im already ahead.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.