Biden EPA set to announce major tailpipe emission restrictions to force EV adoption

8,128 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bubblez
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/08/epa-reportedly-planning-to-announce-significant-limits-on-tailpipe-emissions.html

Looks like an EO coming to force substantial electrification by 2032. They are coming after our cars. I am outraged because EV's in their present state don't work for me. I drive long distances regularly (from DFW to Houston, Colorado, South Texas, etc.). Wonder what the gas station operators think about this this. They will be coming after our thermostats next.....then God knows what else.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Texit
crowman2010
AG
Tell the EPA that when China and India start participating, we will too
The Fife
2wealfth Man said:

... gas station operators ...
The one thing that could force me away from driving my small, 100% manual equipped fleet. Even if it's like it is now where there are still a few ethanol free gas stations, they're all inconvenient to get to and with less trucks and shipping to those stations I don't see how cost wouldn't skyrocket.
The Fife
crowman2010 said:

The dems are always focused on making our "other" sliver in the pie chart of world emmissions smaller instead of something that would have a meaningful outcome.
Old Sarge
AG
This is why we MUST NOT let the Obama run Biden regime, or Newsome win in 2024. We need a staunch right Republican to shove that EO straight up Biden's tailpipe.
"Green" is the new RED.
HumbleAg04
AG
The good thing about ruling by EO is the next person in office just undoes it.

45-70Ag
AG
Aoc is right, ignore the *******
Owlagdad
They are all invested in lithium. Guess oil stock are too high for new group of money grabbers in Washington. Can't buy Exxon yet, but can load up on Penny lithium stock start up companies.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I can't wait for us to regress to Cuban levels of automotive development.
Hondo.

Funky Winkerbean
AG
Just ignore it. It's what they would do if the roles were reversed.
YouBet
AG
Old Sarge said:

This is why we MUST NOT let the Obama run Biden regime, or Newsome win in 2024. We need a staunch right Republican to shove that EO straight up Biden's tailpipe.

Problem with EOs like this is that manufacturers start retooling for it and then it's hard for them to switch back.

Hopefully, this has no teeth until later and they ignore it to see if Desantis can get nominated and then win. If he doesn't, then this is on. That's your only hope.

Also, this is where I laugh at any posters who say, "EVs aren't being mandated; you don't have to buy one."
ChemEAg08
AG
Aggie4Life02 said:

Texit

Irreconcilable differences. A split is inevitable.
TMF
AG
Libs already have stated you can choose which laws (and I assume EOs includes too) you have to follow and not follow. Just choose not to follow this. Get paper plates like their illegal voters use.
Ag with kids
AG
Looks like I have a new plan for when I retire...

I'm starting a used car business. I'm gonna make BANK!!!!
MouthBQ98
AG
Engage in widespread civil disobedience if they attempt such a thing. Park gas cars at all charging stations for a week. Stuff like that. Inflict economic and political pain on the idiots pushing this.
CardiffGiant
AG
Pretty soon you won't be able to buy a car for less than 60k. EV's are expensive and supply+demand will send gas powered car prices through the roof.
combat wombat™
AG
Ignore them and take them to court. The unelected are making laws that were not voted on in congress.
WBBQ74
AG
Just another FJB deal
jefe95
AG
How very central planning of them.

FJB. Even though we all know it's Obama 3.0.
flakrat
AG
No mention of used / pre-owned vehicles in the article, but how long before they come after them.

Drunk on power and no roots in reality.
Secolobo
AG
CardiffGiant said:

Pretty soon you won't be able to buy a car for less than 60k. EV's are expensive and supply+demand will send gas powered car prices through the roof.
That's the idea. Fill the void with public transportation to control the public.
agent-maroon
AG
The Fife said:

crowman2010 said:

The dems are always focused on making our "other" sliver in the pie chart of world emmissions smaller instead of something that would have a meaningful outcome.
Irony in that they're not even doing that. The electricity to charge an EV's battery isn't flowing from some magical fountain we recently uncovered. Fossil fuels are still being burned somewhere and CO2 is still being emitted into our atmosphere at the same rate it always was for the same miles travelled.

This is about power and controlling the citizenry to ensure that continuing power. Everything else is just a BS cover story.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Admiral_ZAX
AG
flakrat said:

No mention of used / pre-owned vehicles in the article, but how long before they come after them.

Drunk on power and no roots in reality.

A cash for clunkers 2.0 program will erase a lot of the used car market.
One Louder
AG
Quote:

Also, this is where I laugh at any posters who say, "EVs aren't being mandated; you don't have to buy one."

"You don't have to get the vaccine. We'll just take away your ability to support yourself and your family if you don't "
Sharpshooter
AG
Aggie4Life02 said:

Texit
Screw that. Reconstitute the Articles of Confederation.
Cromagnum
AG
About tired of these dictatorial EOs. If that vegetable feels that strongly about it, he can encourage someone in the house to sponsor a bill and see what happens.
Bubblez
Congress is free to pass legislation to scale back the EPA's regulatory powers involving vehicles but they have chosen not to do so
annie88
AG
I hate Democrats.

They're stupid, evil and insane.

Always lying.

Always pushing false science.
nortex97
AG
Yes.

I wonder if this will be one of those 'special EO's' like Trump's order to abandon Bagram during fighting season or any number of Obama's January 2017 EO's which Obama judges (liars) said Trump could not rescind because the Kenyan One had spoken.
WoMD
YouBet said:

Old Sarge said:

Problem with EOs like this is that manufacturers start retooling for it and then it's hard for them to switch back.

Hopefully, this has no teeth until later and they ignore it to see if Desantis can get nominated and then win. If he doesn't, then this is on. That's your only hope.

The manufacturers are already retooling because of the California mandates that they already have to conform to. Biden's just riding the wave that's already coming and going to take credit for making it reality.
YouBet
AG
WoMD said:

YouBet said:

Old Sarge said:

The manufacturers are already retooling because of the California mandates that they already have to conform to. Biden's just riding the wave that's already coming and going to take credit for making it reality.
True. California is going to destroy this country.

There will have to be massive infrastructure build up to support any of this and as it stands there is some investment in charging stations that taxpayers are funding but nothing being done about production or the grid.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Bubblez said:

Congress is free to pass legislation to scale back the EPA's regulatory powers involving vehicles but they have chosen not to do so
What the **** HAS congress done in the past 20 years?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
BTKAG97
AG
The EPA, like Biden, is useless and unconstitutional and needs to be demolished along with the FBI, IRS, DoE, etc, etc, etc....
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.