Biden EPA set to announce major tailpipe emission restrictions to force EV adoption

8,109 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bubblez
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would support legislation requiring cars to pay for their carbon footprint in taxes based on median miles driven by manufacturer, the first 5 years after being built. Make the BEV drivers of new vehicles pay for the huge manufacturing footprint their vehicles are produced with from a materials/mfg/refining/energy cost, including costs for any infrastructure improvements that are 'reasonably foreseeable' if 30-50 percent of cars on the road are BEV's by 2030 as the green communists demand.

Some try to cleverly/obtusely claim they don't care about the replacement/out of warranty costs to replace batteries, environmental impact/last mile infrastructure needed to build all these charging networks. These rich, 'let the poor second hand buyers deal with it' snobs need to be forced to pay more for their 'ego machines.' For that matter, ever EV should have a $10K surcharge to help the poor kids in Africa mining all of those minerals and to help with environmental remediation in China to refine them.
Ag for Life
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Engage in widespread civil disobedience if they attempt such a thing. Park gas cars at all charging stations for a week. Stuff like that. Inflict economic and political pain on the idiots pushing this.

It would be a shame if the public charging cords started to disappear suddenly
Shoefly!
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

I can't wait for us to regress to Cuban levels of automotive development.

Yep those cars run on a multiple group of products with the turn of a cutout cock. Just no batteries yet!
bmks270
AG
Plug in hybrids with 50 mile electric range and 300 mile gas range would be the best path forward.

Cuts emissions.
Can make 5-10x as many hybrids as you can fully electric with the same battery metals.
Much better use of resources.
Also cost less.
Also, more well supported by existing infrastructure.
Bubblez
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Bubblez said:

Congress is free to pass legislation to scale back the EPA's regulatory powers involving vehicles but they have chosen not to do so
What the **** HAS congress done in the past 20 years?

The Affordable Care Act in 2010 which now has a 62% approval rating
TRM
AG
Sadly, you can't fix stupid.
fireinthehole
crowman2010 said:

Tell the EPA that when China and India start participating, we will too
Better yet tell Biden he is not king and to pound sand.
You are the world, we are the USA, don't mess with us and we won't blow your $hit away.
Ag with kids
AG
Bubblez said:

Congress is free to pass legislation to scale back the EPA's regulatory powers involving vehicles but they have chosen not been unable to do so because Democrats block all attempts.
fireinthehole
ChemEAg08 said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

Texit

Irreconcilable differences. A split is inevitable.
I find nothing in common with the left coast or northeast to be in union with,
You are the world, we are the USA, don't mess with us and we won't blow your $hit away.
PCC_80
AG
We have spent the last 50 years demanding more and more improved fuel milage and emission reductions from the automakers. There has been huge improvements in both. But, we are now well past the point where much else can be achieved. The laws of physics are not something that can be overcome. At this point we are making our vehicles just much more expensive for very very little reduction in fuel consumption or emissions.

It just pisses me off that a bunch of jack wagons that probably can not balance a check book are making policy decisions that the math and science say are not possible. At this point increased standards are generally unachievable and the people that are mandating them generally know this but do not care because they have no intention on being around when it becomes obvious.
YouBet
AG
bmks270 said:

Plug in hybrids with 50 mile electric range and 300 mile gas range would be the best path forward.

Cuts emissions.
Can make 5-10x as many hybrids as you can fully electric with the same battery metals.
Also cost less.

So blatantly obvious for the bridge solution. Win win for everyone but nope! Democrats are evil morons and get their way.
texagbeliever
bmks270 said:

Cuts emissions.
Also cost less.

You do realize batteries are heavy. So you make the fuel efficiency of gas car less by making it a hybrid. Also you can't say energy is green. It is most likely coming from a NG plant or coal. Not to mention how horrible for the environment lithium mining is.
Ellis Wyatt
HumbleAg04 said:

The good thing about ruling by EO is the next person in office just undoes it.

You understand that once productions shifts to electric, it will never shift back, right? This just makes it easier on automakers because California's policy will be the same as the rest of America's. They don't care if it's bad policy and completely impractical.
TexAgs91
AG
45-70Ag said:

Aoc is right, ignore the *******

Seriously... How is dementia Joe with his poor popularity levels able to act like a dictator?
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Deputy Travis Junior
The automotive manufacturers can probably get close or semi close to that target in 10 years, but the grid... Holy **** our electrical generation capacity will be nowhere near the level required to support that many electric cars. I'm trying to guess whether frequent 3rd world blackouts or a rash of new dirty coal generator constructions is more likely.

This will be an unmitigated disaster. Ironically it may make me buy solar panels and a power wall (or whatever the hell Elon calls that mega home battery thing) so that I'm insulated from the fallout.

Also, Obligatory "**** congress" for delegating powers this drastic to the executive branch.
AgBQ-00
AG
In order to produce the amount of electricity needed we will need to reopen a crap ton of shuttered coal plants.
doubledog
With the EPA going after electrical generating plants, the only electricity we will have for EVs will come from the common potato battery.
annie88
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

In order to produce the amount of electricity needed we will need to reopen a crap ton of shuttered coal plants.
Yeah, Democrats are dumb.
annie88
AG
jefe95 said:

How very central planning of them.

FJB. Even though we all know it's Obama 3.0.
At least Biden will be dead by 2032.
HollywoodBQ
AG
YouBet said:

Also, this is where I laugh at any posters who say, "EVs aren't being mandated; you don't have to buy one."
Technically that's true but, nobody is producing Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and new sales of ICE vehicles are being outlawed come 2035 here in California.

Crazy that the Biden admin would want to accelerate that timeline.

There's no way California is going to meet 2035 much less the rest of the nation.
HollywoodBQ
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Engage in widespread civil disobedience if they attempt such a thing. Park gas cars at all charging stations for a week. Stuff like that. Inflict economic and political pain on the idiots pushing this.
Remember when they locked us down in California for 2 years?

I expected there would be widespread civil disobedience.
Instead, there was widespread compliance. And sadly, in the 4th year of the scam, a significant number of people are still wearing masks voluntarily.
HollywoodBQ
AG
One Louder said:

Quote:

Also, this is where I laugh at any posters who say, "EVs aren't being mandated; you don't have to buy one."
"You don't have to get the vaccine. We'll just take away your ability to support yourself and your family if you don't "
And then they'll victim shame you and tell you it was your "choice" to lose your job.
YouBet
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

YouBet said:

Technically that's true but, nobody is producing Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and new sales of ICE vehicles are being outlawed come 2035 here in California.

Crazy that the Biden admin would want to accelerate that timeline.

There's no way California is going to meet 2035 much less the rest of the nation.

That's my point.

Leftists will say they aren't being mandated while ignoring that regulations all around the industry are forcing manufacturers away from ICE.

Thus, they are being mandated by proxy.
richardag
Old Sarge said:

This is why we MUST NOT let the Obama run Biden regime, or Newsome win in 2024. We need a staunch right Republican to shove that EO straight up Biden's tailpipe.
I could be wrong but I seem to remember something about President Trump rescinding a President Obama EO and a Federal Judge ruling that President Trump did not have the authority to rescind a previous EO.

If I am wrong let me know I couldn't find the information as my Internet search skills suck.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
richardag
WoMD said:

YouBet said:

Old Sarge said:

This is why we MUST NOT let the Obama run Biden regime, or Newsome win in 2024. We need a staunch right Republican to shove that EO straight up Biden's tailpipe.

Problem with EOs like this is that manufacturers start retooling for it and then it's hard for them to switch back.

Hopefully, this has no teeth until later and they ignore it to see if Desantis can get nominated and then win. If he doesn't, then this is on. That's your only hope.

The manufacturers are already retooling because of the California mandates that they already have to conform to. Biden's just riding the wave that's already coming and going to take credit for making it reality.
If these EOs for EVs and eliminating ICE, push the economy further into a deeper recession or depression President Biden will definitely not take credit, he will blame President Trump or Putin or DeSantis, maybe all three.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
AggieVictor10
AG
The woke marxist regime picking winners and losers again.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Bubblez said:

Bubblez said:

Congress is free to pass legislation to scale back the EPA's regulatory powers involving vehicles but they have chosen not to do so

"You can keep your doctor", until they get bought out and you have to find some new clinic because they quit taking your insurance. **** the ACA. Bunch of trash for all those that are self insured. 62% my ass.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
APHIS AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

I can't wait for us to regress to Cuban levels of automotive development.

Never happens for after EVs take over, gas stations are next to get axed.
4stringAg
AG

Bubblez said:

Given up entirely too much legislative power to the executive for one.
agracer
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

Didn't the SC say Trump could no do this with one of Obama's EOs?
texsn95
AG
Bubblez said:

Bubblez said:

Liar. 62% was a 2015 number.
2wealfth Man
AG
Quote:

The automotive manufacturers can probably get close or semi close to that target in 10 years, but the grid... Holy **** our electrical generation capacity will be nowhere near the level required to support that many electric cars. I'm trying to guess whether frequent 3rd world blackouts or a rash of new dirty coal generator constructions is more likely.
imagine your run of the mill August 103 degree day and everyone comes home, turns on the AC and plugs their EV's in
nortex97
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Quote:

imagine your run of the mill August 103 degree day and everyone comes home, turns on the AC and plugs their EV's in
Don't worry, big brother has an answer to that; they will charge more for charging your car at different times, and/or restrict the ability to do so based on the grid demands. Further, people will be told that if they sign up they can get a 20 Biden-cent monthly rebate if their BEV is used to supplement the grid/power their home when needed.

But no matter what, there will still be people on the internet insisting this is all wonderful.
Flavius Agximus
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

That's what we all thought until Trump tried to undo Obama's EOs (many of them illegal, like the dreamer program basically using prosecutorial discretion to say we aren't going to enforce immigration law for a whole class of people (not just on a case-by-case basis)).

The Dems tied up several of the reversals in court cases saying Trump was motivated by racism. If I recall correctly, they won some of those cases in lower courts and tied up reversal long enough to get Trump out of office.

On the other hand, Dems can always reverse Republican EOs.

"The goal for all our teams at Texas A&M is to perform at a consistently high level and compete for conference and national titles."
Flavius Agximus
AG
richardag said:

Old Sarge said:

I could be wrong but I seem to remember something about President Trump rescinding a President Obama EO and a Federal Judge ruling that President Trump did not have the authority to rescind a previous EO.

If I am wrong let me know I couldn't find the information as my Internet search skills suck.
Because Trump's reversal was motivated by "racism." They tied it up in court long enough to get Trump out of office.

"The goal for all our teams at Texas A&M is to perform at a consistently high level and compete for conference and national titles."
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.