Trump indicted

92,064 Views | 956 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by nortex97
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

I don't work in NY state court and I certainly don't do any criminal work. Is there some mandamus-type remedy to move the ball on dismissing this, uh, "indictment" in a more expeditious manner or are we stuck waiting until the court gets around to a motions docket at the end of 23/beginning of 24?
Not unless they go to federal court. I'm trying to figure out what that claim would be off of the top of my head.

But this judge will have control over his own docket when it comes to motions hearings and a federal judge obviously wouldn't order a state judge to modify his docket.

ETA: Meaning Trump's attorneys file in federal court.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I was thinking via the state appellate avenue. I realize that supreme court appellate division and NY court of appeals are unlikely to do anything about it but because of the nature of the case and the massive implications of it, perhaps SCOTUS would take it up?
Premium
AG
Election interference, SCOTUS should take this up quickly.
2040huck
I really dislike trump. He lies way too much and the infidelity is gross. A rich guy should pay his bills rather than filing for bankruptcy when it suits him. I have always paid my bills and I have far less money. However, this indictment is a bridge too far. It stinks
fka ftc
2040huck said:

I really dislike trump. He lies way too much and the infidelity is gross. A rich guy should pay his bills rather than filing for bankruptcy when it suits him. I have always paid my bills and I have far less money. However, this indictment is a bridge too far. It stinks
I know only a few builders and virtually no real estate developers that have not filed bankruptcy on at least one project, particularly when you consider he spanned several economic booms and busts, particularly in the Northeast and NYC.

So to judge him by that when you admit you have not had the resources AND obligations he has had is a bit odd.

I have never filed BK, pretty sure I am in a position where personally it is not even a remote possibility.

But, I can still imagine getting into a business opportunity that does not work out through no fault of my own in which that entity may file BK.
aggiehawg
AG

I was thinking via the state appellate avenue. I realize that supreme court appellate division and NY court of appeals are unlikely to do anything about it but because of the nature of the case and the massive implications of it, perhaps SCOTUS would take it up?
SCOTUS would not have jurisdiction to take it up at the moment. His defense can file for a bill of particulars, a motion to dismiss, etc. until the cows come home but getting the judge to set a briefing and hearing schedule in a timely manner is completely out of their control. EXCEPT if there is a state law that they can file writ of superintending control directed towards the judge, similar to a writ of mandamus where an appellate court directs a trial court judge to do something.

And even then, the state trial court judge can just ignore them. Remember the Flynn case? They went up on madamus twice to get Sullivan to dismiss the case. Sullivan just ignored the DC Circuit Court of Appeals.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
2040huck said:

A rich guy should pay his bills rather than filing for bankruptcy when it suits him. I have always paid my bills and I have far less money. However, this indictment is a bridge too far. It stinks
Don't mind your take on this being a bridge too far.

Just a bit of an FYI, that's not exactly how bankruptcy works - especially at the complex corporate level. That's another story for another thread.
fka ftc

You folks are the lawyers (at least I think TCFB is also a lawyer), but Turley and / or McCarthy mentioned a legal action they would take on behalf of Trump if there had been a gag order. It wasn't an amicus brief but it seemed similar.

It would seem to be another failure of the process to not allow Trump to have immediate remedy given his status as an active candidate for POTUS.
2040huck
fka ftc said:

2040huck said:

I know only a few builders and virtually no real estate developers that have not filed bankruptcy on at least one project, particularly when you consider he spanned several economic booms and busts, particularly in the Northeast and NYC.

So to judge him by that when you admit you have not had the resources AND obligations he has had is a bit odd.

I have never filed BK, pretty sure I am in a position where personally it is not even a remote possibility.

But, I can still imagine getting into a business opportunity that does not work out through no fault of my own in which that entity may file BK.
Whatever. Some smaller company ate that cost. If Trump is as rich as he says, they shouldn't have to.
aggiehawg
AG
fka ftc said:

You folks are the lawyers (at least I think TCFB is also a lawyer), but Turley and / or McCarthy mentioned a legal action they would take on behalf of Trump if there had been a gag order. It wasn't an amicus brief but it seemed similar.

It would seem to be another failure of the process to not allow Trump to have immediate remedy given his status as an active candidate for POTUS.
And I think the reason there is not a gag order is because it would have been imediately appealable order. Judge needs to do something first, issue an order, before it can be appealed.

ETA: And also a basis for a federal suit.
fc2112
Here's the kinda hard hitting news the Dems want:

Ellis Wyatt
Travis Allen is a mouth breathing moron.
fka ftc
fc2112 said:

50lbs of gold plated balls with golden hair will do that to you.
fka ftc
That **** eating grin of his indicates Biden voter. He did not have to type it out.
aggiehawg
AG
ABATTBQ87
AG
Old McDonald said:

fka ftc said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

No, his crime is running again in the 2024 election.
No, his crime was challenging the establishment / swamp. We were all warned. But people really need to heed the warning this time.

this meme is as cringe now as it was four years ago, maybe even more so now

fka ftc
Take it to the **** Indicted thread. This one is for Trump.
Old McDonald

Old McDonald said:

fka ftc said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

No, his crime was challenging the establishment / swamp. We were all warned. But people really need to heed the warning this time.

Typical leftist. Cringes at the truth.
who is "they"? why are they coming after "you"? he's not a martyr, he's just a politician

and i'm not a leftist, i'm a concerned moderate
valvemonkey91
AG
Old McDonald said:

Old McDonald said:

fka ftc said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

who is "they"? why are they coming after "you"? he's not a martyr, he's just a politician

and i'm not a leftist, i'm a concerned moderate

A concerned moderate is worse than a leftist. HTH.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Every time the CM's get all riled over Trump, they've been on the wrong side of the issue and never admit to being duped. Tell me why this is different.
Counterpoint
AG
fka ftc said:

fc2112 said:

50lbs of gold plated balls with golden hair will do that to you.

Phrasing!!
Squadron7
AG
fc2112 said:

The gap in Stacy Abrams' teeth weighs that much.
fka ftc
At this point, are these moderates concerned about? Seems more like moderated pacifist who vote D (or even worse, L).
Retired FBI Agent

https://tips.fbi.gov/
1-800-225-5324
D-Fens
City spends $200M on $130K hush money lawsuit.
Rockdoc
AG
Hey it costs money to destroy your political enemies with the peoples DOJ.
captkirk
AG

Old McDonald said:

fka ftc said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Its like Kryptonite to leftists
justcallmeharry
S
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Squadron7
AG
The only thing that will come from this is a run on lotion at Whole Foods.
PatriotAg02
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Every time the CM's get all riled over Trump, they've been on the wrong side of the issue and never admit to being duped. Tell me why this is different.

That's what happens when you MSM all day errrday
Premium
AG
Squadron7 said:

O my
fka ftc
Premium said:

Squadron7 said:

O my
And neckbeard cleaner / wash. Sometimes the excitement can "go too far".
agent-maroon
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

I was only speaking about MTG. I think its a bad precedent for the Dems to go down this path....but I also have a hard time feeling sorry for Trump the man.

Clinton was guilty of so much more when he was Governor. I guess barring murder we seem to be okay with grifting and other crimes ....until now at least. The Dems won't be in office much longer and we'll see if this turns into a tit for tat.
Democrats are for sure, and I have no doubt dims would tolerate murder as long as it was a republican killed. This is disgusting. There is no longer a rule of law when the dims are in charge.

They tolerated the murder of 3 children & 3 adults just a week ago and sided with the murderer by declaring a "national day of visibility". So yeah, if they can tolerate the murder of innocent 9 year old children then the open murder of Republicans wouldn't be any different.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Joseydog
AG
So the DA will have to prove "intent to defraud." This would be difficult under a federal statute, but is apparently very easy under NY law.

If interested, here is a legal analysis of NY's "intent to defraud" statutes and relevant caselaw:

The Broad Scope of "Intent to Defraud" in the New York Crime of Falsifying Business Records (justsecurity.org)

will25u

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.