Trump indicted

91,931 Views | 956 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by nortex97
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
geoag58 said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

Buys trump's $40 "I'm getting arrested now please give me money" tshirts and then accuses the bushes of grifting. Incredible stuff.
It is unreal how badly Trump broke you. I feel for you.

It's unreal how much you've been duped by a conman. I feel for you too. One day you'll figure it out.

I don't give a damn what leftists think of him. He is the best leader this country has had since Reagan! He is an American patriot who has the best interest of the American people.

The left has more in common with our mortal enemy china.
An L of an Ag
AG
agent-maroon said:

will25u said:

This is interesting...

It's an extended tweet.

Quote:

President @realDonaldTrump
Convoy leaving Trump Force One in a 17 vehicle convoy. Two marked police units at the front and then I witnessed something I've never seen, speaking from a career where I've been apart of the Law Enforcement security for a current and former President. All the intersections he was approaching had no marked law enforcement to manage the intersection and Trumps convoy was stopped at an intersection for almost a minute. Then got on an unsecured freeway with civilian vehicles driving side by side with the convoy. The craziest security I've seen around a President, Former President or any important dignitary heading to a major event.

Seriously? They're not providing the local security that is customary for a former president? They used to not even let you on the freeway at the same time. Are they hoping to get him assassinated?

This! It makes the Dealy Plaza slalom look like a road rally!
fixer
Cnn and the rest of leftist media practically had a norad-where-is-Santa style tracking of Trump today.

What utter lunacy.
aginlakeway
AG
fixer said:

Cnn and the rest of leftist media practically had a norad-where-is-Santa style tracking of Trump today.

What utter lunacy.

I truly don't know one person who cares about this.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Gigem314
AG
fixer said:

What utter lunacy.
aggiehawg
AG
Trump has hired a former Manhattan AUSA,

Quote:

Former President Donald Trump has hired one of the leading white-collar criminal defense attorneys in the country as he faces an indictment by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

Todd Blanche recently resigned from the law firm where he'd been a partner, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, saying in an email obtained by Politico: "I have been asked to represent Trump in the recently charged DA case, and after much thought/consideration, I have decided it is the best thing for me to do and an opportunity I should not pass up."

He added, "Obviously, doing this as a partner at Cadwalader was not an option, so I have had to make the difficult choice to leave the firm."

Politico noted that Blanche declined to comment when contacted and that a spokesperson for Cadwalader did not immediately respond. He joins Trump's attorneys Susan Necheles and Joe Tacopina, who represented the former president during the investigation that led to the indictment.
Blanche previously served as an assistant U.S. attorney in Manhattan and previously represented Trump associate Paul Manafort and Igor Fruman, a former associate of Rudy Giuliani.
LINK
Im Gipper
Smart move by Team Trump. Tacopina has been an embarrassment & probable liability.

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Im Gipper said:

Smart move by Team Trump. Tacopina has been an embarrassment & probable liability.
My thought is he can more forcefully argue that the case is more based on federal law than state law and that jurisdiction is incorrect in a state court. They have no jurisdiction over a federal case.

I could be wrong about that. Just my spidey senses of the arguments here on an indictment that no one has publicly read yet. LOL.

Yet here we are.
Im Gipper
I've said on several thread that I have no insight on this question of using a federal statute as the "crime" kicker to make this a felony under state law. I've also seen no one here that has any.

But I'd guess we will know soon what the case law says on this once the briefs start flying.

Of course, this is all based on everyone guessing what the indictment even says!

I'm Gipper
Secolobo
AG
Since Twitter has let sperry back, he should be a great follow for this.
Always on top of things even though he's a sip.

https://twitter.com/paulsperry_?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
will25u

Whistle Pig
"Darth Cypto" Twitter lawyer, has solved the case!
will25u
I guess we will see tomorrow.

Supposedly 34 Class E felonies for falsified business records.

Each line item I guess. Lol.

Rapier108
Whistle Pig said:

"Darth Cypto" Twitter lawyer, has solved the case!
Better than the sources you dig up.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Ellis Wyatt
"Live" being the operative word.
C@LAg
will25u
Wonder if Daddy is unbiased?

BMX Bandit
Darth Crypto may have aced his LSAT, but he clearly never learned criminal law. there is no speedy trial argument under US constitution. that clock only starts once the person is indicted or arrested ("accused")

statute of limitations and due process are the most relevant affirmative defenses that will be raised.
will25u
Could be something, could be nothing... But the Manhattan DA is scrubbing their team of prosecutors from their website.

ETA: Chief of Social Justice?

Cromagnum
AG
They will never do it because the rule of law apparently only applies to certain people, but if they actually indicted Obama, Hillary, or Biden, how loudly would libs be screeching that it's just a political hit job?
Rapier108
C@LAg said:

Leaked to Michael Isikoff, the go to media hack for all things anti-Trump. He was integral in helping the FBI get the FISA warrants to spy on Trump.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
fka ftc
BMX Bandit said:

Darth Crypto may have aced his LSAT, but he clearly never learned criminal law. there is no speedy trial argument under US constitution. that clock only starts once the person is indicted or arrested ("accused")

statute of limitations and due process are the most relevant affirmative defenses that will be raised.

The take is currently the interpretation of when the clock for "speedy trial" begins tolling, but that is an interpretation, subject to debate and challenge, and not a sure thing that can never be challenged.

The interpretation relies on statute of limitations and due process to be reasonable and followed. In a case where those things are disregarded, then he has indeed lost his right to a speedy trial.

I understand his take may even have a different rationale than mine but neither are unreasonable.

Would be nice if those with legal background gave recognition to the actual words of the Constitution, the meaning behind those words, and the absolute fact that mere men (and women) who have interpreted those things are subject to error or revision of thought.
will25u
I don't know if this is a leak or not?

will25u
fka ftc
As with classified documents, Ukraine phone calls, Russia hoaxes, and Jan 6th, if there was bombshell information or previously unknown "crimes", the libs have shown they have zero ability to sit on such information and not publish / leak it as soon as it becomes convenient.

Instead they seal things or hide behind "ongoing investigation" in cases where they want maximum uncertainty and guessing by the press and the public for a long as possible, ideally to the point where the information sinks in and the actual story is whispered and never heard.

That is the playbook they are following here to a T. As with Mar-a-Lago documents, there is NOTHING here and it will just be in the courts up to and through Election Day and used by CNN to drive ratings.

Nothing Rs can do about it at this point. Many are too weak kneed to stand up against this atrocity being executed upon a POTUS who worked hard for them.
Ellis Wyatt
fka ftc said:

As with classified documents, Ukraine phone calls, Russia hoaxes, and Jan 6th, if there was bombshell information or previously unknown "crimes", the libs have shown they have zero ability to sit on such information and not publish / leak it as soon as it becomes convenient.
Libs literally do the work of satan. They have no moral bounds. They'll do anything to destroy their opposition whether or not it's legal or ethical. And they won't be punished. Ever.

They're all in on it, to the most powerful justice on the SC. They absolutely do not believe in the rule of law or equal justice.
fka ftc
Agree 100%+.
Squadron7
AG
Raiderjay said:

Quote:

"We are the safest large city in America…"

In the same sense that Utah was the safest beach in Normandy.
Ciboag96
How many Feds does it take to incite a riot to blame on conservatives? 10? 50?
No Spin Ag
Ciboag96 said:

How many Feds does it take to incite a riot to blame on conservatives? 10? 50?

I would think that after January 6th, only the most idiotic of humans would be a part on any non-peaceful protests. So if someone does something that requires law enforcement to get involved, that's 100% on them.
richardag
will25u said:

If true this is insane. This judge should have recused himself. Anyone that doesn't believe this is a sham and politically motivated bull**** trial should really reconsider.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
fka ftc
richardag said:

will25u said:

If true this is insane. This judge should have recused himself. Anyone that doesn't believe this is a sham and politically motivated bull**** trial should really reconsider.

Is the daughter on the left or right? Hard to tell with liberal women / men.
richardag
I am not familiar with Paul Sperry, but:

could this be true?
  • Bragg has no Trump emails, texts or other docs directly linking him to case and that his main corroborating evidence is the testimony of former National Enquirer publisher Pecker
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Cromagnum
AG
Of course they are gonna stack the (D)eck. They never play fair.
nortex97
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.