Why I favor TRUMP over DeSaantis

6,506 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Faustus
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only question I have on DeSantis is will he be a Trump or will he be a Crenshaw? If he ends up winning the primary, great. I will certainly support him. But, can DeSantis do the things needed to start continue the turnaround that Trump managed to do? I don't know.

Trump stood up to the national media. He didn't back down. He has press conferences that lasted for hours and took their best shot. You want to come after me, bring it. Yea, they got some clips, but for the most part, he answered directly and in a way the general public could understand.

DeSantis has not faced that pressure being insulated in Florida. What will he do when the attacks come? And not just some local reporter. 10 articles a day on CBS, NBC, CNN, etc... He's not faced ANYTHING like Trump faced.

The establishment is scared ****less of Trump. They can't control him. They tried everything. MSM attacks? Didn't work. Spying? Didn't work. Impeachment threats? Didn't work. FBI/CIA trying to fake criminal charges? Bring it losers. Going after anyone that will associate with Trump? Didn't budge either. Hell, Trump lost hundreds of millions being our President. Don't care, AMERICA FIRST!!

They tried to censor his narratives with the term "FAKE NEWS". Fake news was all you heard about. So, he proceeds to turn it around and hammers the news with it. He successfully flipped the term "FAKE NEWS" from a media attack on conservative narratives to a term associated with the MSM. They had to change the term to "misinformation". Funny you don't hear fake news any more.

Trump has so much money, he doesn't give a **** what the establishment does? Impeach? bring it ****wads. Court indictments? LOL, I have better lawyers that you ****heads. Media bashing him? I'll hold 2 hour press conferences. Bring it losers

The establishment is powerful. They don't let you do what you want unless they agree. This is why Trump is such a weapon and why they fear him. The tell HIM to STFU about something our they are coming guns-a-blazing. They spy on him 24/7 he responds I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. They impeach him because of a phone call, he hammers them non-stop to the public.

FBI/CIA/IRS?MSM. All are powerful weapons of the establishment. Trump said **** off to these, and they came after him. And anyone working for them. Can DeSantis do that? Bush was pretty conservative before becoming president. Look at what they turned him into.

DeSantis may be great and conservative and all, but can he withstand the barrage that Trump withstood? FBI, CIA, secret service and even his own party were forced by the establishment to back-stab him at every turn. Will DeSantis back down when threatened? If they tell him they will impeach him for a phone call, what will he do? If they tell him they are about to indict him for something stupid, will he bring a team of lawyers that make it go away?

I guess time will tell. You KNOW Trump will fight and use his resources to fight. He's proven it.
LOL OLD
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
You've made the wrong choice.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Science Denier said:

Only question I have on DeSantis is will he be a Trump or will he be a Crenshaw? If he ends up winning the primary, great. I will certainly support him. But, can DeSantis do the things needed to start continue the turnaround that Trump managed to do? I don't know.

Trump stood up to the national media. He didn't back down. He has press conferences that lasted for hours and took their best shot. You want to come after me, bring it. Yea, they got some clips, but for the most part, he answered directly and in a way the general public could understand.

DeSantis has not faced that pressure being insulated in Florida. What will he do when the attacks come? And not just some local reporter. 10 articles a day on CBS, NBC, CNN, etc... He's not faced ANYTHING like Trump faced.

The establishment is scared ****less of Trump. They can't control him. They tried everything. MSM attacks? Didn't work. Spying? Didn't work. Impeachment threats? Didn't work. FBI/CIA trying to fake criminal charges? Bring it losers. Going after anyone that will associate with Trump? Didn't budge either. Hell, Trump lost hundreds of millions being our President. Don't care, AMERICA FIRST!!

They tried to censor his narratives with the term "FAKE NEWS". Fake news was all you heard about. So, he proceeds to turn it around and hammers the news with it. He successfully flipped the term "FAKE NEWS" from a media attack on conservative narratives to a term associated with the MSM. They had to change the term to "misinformation". Funny you don't hear fake news any more.

Trump has so much money, he doesn't give a **** what the establishment does? Impeach? bring it ****wads. Court indictments? LOL, I have better lawyers that you ****heads. Media bashing him? I'll hold 2 hour press conferences. Bring it losers

The establishment is powerful. They don't let you do what you want unless they agree. This is why Trump is such a weapon and why they fear him. The tell HIM to STFU about something our they are coming guns-a-blazing. They spy on him 24/7 he responds I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. They impeach him because of a phone call, he hammers them non-stop to the public.

FBI/CIA/IRS?MSM. All are powerful weapons of the establishment. Trump said **** off to these, and they came after him. And anyone working for them. Can DeSantis do that? Bush was pretty conservative before becoming president. Look at what they turned him into.

DeSantis may be great and conservative and all, but can he withstand the barrage that Trump withstood? FBI, CIA, secret service and even his own party were forced by the establishment to back-stab him at every turn. Will DeSantis back down when threatened? If they tell him they will impeach him for a phone call, what will he do? If they tell him they are about to indict him for something stupid, will he bring a team of lawyers that make it go away?

I guess time will tell. You KNOW Trump will fight and use his resources to fight. He's proven it.

Stopped reading at the bolded part. Insulated? Wow.
Eso si, Que es
Eso si, Que es
Quote:

Only question I have on DeSantis is will he be a Trump or will he be a Crenshaw?
He leads a state every day, how do you not know what kind of leader he will be?

FYI, the answer to your question is he will be neither of those people, he will be a DeSantis
AggieVictor10
AG
Dear diary…
Ags77
AG
DeSantis 2024
Gigem
AgDev01
AG
OP is happy Turmp made some mean tweets but fails to realize that he couldn't even stand up to Fauci. These people are so wrapped up in their idolized version of Dear Leader that they cannot accept reality.
Science Denier
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

Science Denier said:

Hmmmm. Insulated triggered you? Let's review the term "insulated".

1. Please tell me when the FBI/CIA spied on him?
2. When did his own party stab him in the back in Florida?
3. When were ANY of his team threatened with criminal investigations?
4. What day were there 20 articles attacking him on different topics?
5. When was he brought up on impeachment charges for making a phone call?
6. You saw how George Bush was insulated being governor of Texas. Sure, he faced some media bashing, but when he had the full weight of the establishment on him, he folded.

By insulated, I'm not talking about normal media bashing that every republican candidate faces. No, the pressure I'm talking about is the full weight of the establshment coming at you. FBI, CIA, IRS, MSM, even republican congressmen.

Yes, insulated is exactly what DeSantis has had up to now. Just like Bush. Just like Crenshaw. Just like most of the Republicans that go to DC, only to fold under the new pressures they have never faced before.
LOL OLD
Maroon Dawn
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

You want 4 more years of Biden so please spare us
Science Denier
AG
AgDev01 said:

OP is happy Turmp made some mean tweets but fails to realize that he couldn't even stand up to Fauci. These people are so wrapped up in their idolized version of Dear Leader that they cannot accept reality.
LOL, those obsessed with "tweets" certainly are NOT Trump supporters.
LOL OLD
Four Seasons Landscaping
I ain't reading that

We're happy for you though

Or sorry that happened
Science Denier
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Ok, You want 4 years of George Bush.
LOL OLD
Aglaw97
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

Science Denier said:

Stopped reading at thread title.
J. Walter Weatherman
Science Denier said:

He will fight and lose, just like he has in every election since 2016.
IMnAg79
AG

Old May Banker
AG
Because most businesses looking for the best CEOs start out looking at the 80 year old applicants.
texagbeliever
The audience you are talking to, DeSantis fans on this site, have come to the realization that DeSantis is the easier candidate for them to support. Easier being defined as socially acceptable in their church, professional and social circles. Many of whom work backwards to solve why Trump should lose the primary and DeSantis should win. Based not on a neutral assessment of facts but on proving that their desired outcome will come true. It is a common human mental process. The above holds true for many Trump supporters as well. You can generally tell by a DeSantis supporter talking down or a Trump supporter being aggressive/abrasive.

Now you will find posters who can engage and make you think and question what you believe. Those are the good conversations. But they are likely running their course as this topic is repeated twice a week now it seems.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Maroon Dawn said:

You are clearly choosing to make ignorant comments.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Wabs
AG
Do you really think Dems will let Trump win in 2024? You saw what happened in 2020.
MouthBQ98
AG
There are some things I liked about Trump

What i didn't like:
He got rolled by the Covidians.
He got in bed with big spenders in DC.
He had real trouble with personnel choices that took most of his term to iron out.
His administration called out the institutionalized leftist deep state but was ineffective in doing battle with it administratively and legally.

All these are reasons why he lost, because they all contributed to the perpetuation of the false narratives against him and the election manipulation.

Trump has work to do.
J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

The audience you are talking to, DeSantis fans on this site, have come to the realization that DeSantis is the easier candidate for them to support. Easier being defined as socially acceptable in their church, professional and social circles. Many of whom work backwards to solve why Trump should lose the primary and DeSantis should win. Based not on a neutral assessment of facts but on proving that their desired outcome will come true. It is a common human mental process. The above holds true for many Trump supporters as well. You can generally tell by a DeSantis supporter talking down or a Trump supporter being aggressive/abrasive.

Now you will find posters who can engage and make you think and question what you believe. Those are the good conversations. But they are likely running their course as this topic is repeated twice a week now it seems.

We've come to the conclusion that DeSantis is more likely to win, based on the evidence that trump already lost to one of the worst candidates in history and will do so again. It's also "easier to defend" because he's not a lifelong democrat conman that's hated by the majority of the country already, but that's pretty far down the list of reasons.
valvemonkey91
AG
AgDev01 said:

When you are surrounded by swamp rat "advisors" and they recommend supposed experts in their fields, what else do you have to go on? Come up with a better reason, Hoss.
No Spin Ag
texagbeliever said:

You're right, if is easier supporting someone like DeSantis, who has all the same goals and ideas, yet none of the disgusting characteristics that Trump has.

Also, having only one family with all the children being from his only wife is also more accepting to the CMs and soccer moms that actually decide elections. Being able to see yourself in a candidate, and not try to justify or excuse their personal failings, goes a long way with them.
JR Ewing
AG
Science Denier said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Science Denier said:

6. You saw how George Bush was insulated being governor of Texas. Sure, he faced some media bashing, but when he had the full weight of the establishment on him, he folded.

By insulated, I'm not talking about normal media bashing that every republican candidate faces. No, the pressure I'm talking about is the full weight of the establshment coming at you. FBI, CIA, IRS, MSM, even republican congressmen.

Yes, insulated is exactly what DeSantis has had up to now. Just like Bush. Just like Crenshaw. Just like most of the Republicans that go to DC, only to fold under the new pressures they have never faced before.

This guy GETS it! Bravo!
Waffledynamics
AG
DeSantis's record of policy and record of results speaks for itself. Trump will not win again. It would be a colossal mistake to run him. DeSantis is far more personable and has results to back up his talking. The fact that he won Miami Dade should not go unnoticed.
Waffledynamics
AG
IMnAg79 said:

That's exactly what they want. This is also why Democrats won so much in 2022. They literally ran ads promoting their preferred opponents in several races and hyped them up as "too conservative" knowing that radicals often run the primary selections. They can tell that conservatives want boldness, and they chose too-bold candidates to run against.

I urge Republicans to make smart decisions, not the ones that feel good but are actually designed for Democrats to win. It's time for Democrats to stop selecting Republican candidates and for conservatives to be proactive instead of reactionary.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Science Denier said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Science Denier said:

Speaking of triggered...... did my refusal to genuflect before Glorious Leader offend?

And it is immensely adorable to see a Trump cultist whine, via a list no less, about how mean people are being to The Don. They reveled in his obnoxious behavior for years but now........not so much.

Keep crying.......your Trumpian tears are tasty.

texagbeliever
No Spin Ag said:

texagbeliever said:

You're right, if is easier supporting someone like DeSantis, who has all the same goals and ideas, yet none of the disgusting characteristics that Trump has.

Also, having only one family with all the children being from his only wife is also more accepting to the CMs and soccer moms that actually decide elections. Being able to see yourself in a candidate, and not try to justify or excuse their personal failings, goes a long way with them.

Thanks. Now realize that most of the electorate is not college educated. Most of the electorate that is undecided is not Christian. That is what is to be considered. It is really hard to have empathy for someonewith different economic, educated and religious conditions. But it is smart to try.

Also the point wasnt to say Trump is better. It was to point out our own bias for DeSantis which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Then highlight how our logical progression actually works versus the myth of impartiality. That leads to more "fighting" discourse than productive discussion.
Science Denier
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

Science Denier said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

Science Denier said:

Speaking of triggered...... did my refusal to genuflect before Glorious Leader offend?

And it is immensely adorable to see a Trump cultist whine, via a list no less, about how mean people are being to The Don. The reveled in his obnoxious behavior for years but now........not so much.

Keep crying.......your Trumpian tears are tasty.

lol. Crying? I suggest you go to your lock elementary school and ask one of the third grade girls to explain that word to you.

You see, they are mean to everyone. They weee mean to Bush and he folded. They just threatened to be mean to Crenshaw she he caved. Ever heard of a guy named MIT Romney? How about Kohn McCain.

The full weight of the establishment is something many crater under after they face it for the first time.

That's the point.

Lol, crying. That made my day.
LOL OLD
Irish 2.0
DeSantis took a purple state and turned it to a R+20 in four years…

He is neither a Trump nor a Crenshaw. He's a Reagan.
texagbeliever
MouthBQ98 said:

There are some things I liked about Trump

What i didn't like:
He got rolled by the Covidians.
He got in bed with big spenders in DC.
He had real trouble with personnel choices that took most of his term to iron out.
His administration called out the institutionalized leftist deep state but was ineffective in doing battle with it administratively and legally.

All these are reasons why he lost, because they all contributed to the perpetuation of the false narratives against him and the election manipulation.

Trump has work to do.

Here is an example of a poster who looks at the facts than wants to make conclusions. All good points and things to discuss further.
Panzer is back to proving the sanctimonious persona of some DeSantis supporters.
AgDev01
AG
always someone else fault, huh?. Trump was the President. The buck stops with him.

If everyone who he picked or allowed to advise him with is a POS or a "swamp rat", as he and his fans love to proclaim, then at some point it is just birds of a feather. He either hired these people or allowed them to stay. You cannot say you are going to drain the swamp and then make excuses when swamp rats are telling you what to do.

BadMoonRisin
AG

I love when Concerned Moderates (I have voted Republican my entire life!) try to weigh in on conservative concerns.

Let's listen to these ******s on who to elect. Im sure Mitt Romney and McCain are up their on his most cherished politician effigies.
fixer
Science Denier said:

Wow. Imagine writing this 3 years out from when DeSantis was labeled " death santis ".
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.