Why I favor TRUMP over DeSaantis

6,675 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Faustus
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They are? Last I checked they have NY arresting him this week in an attempt to keep him from running.
J. Walter Weatherman
Of course they want him to win the primary. He already lost to another braindead 80 year old and would easily lose again. Just like in 2022 you'll see a ton of dems crashing the primaries to boost him.
Pumpkinhead
AG
If you want to lose the general election again like 2020 by all means support an 80 year old Trump with enormous negative national baggage in the primary over a much younger and viable general election candidate like DeSantis.

The Dems are HOPING Trump wins the GOP primary. They would be thrilled about beating him again.
JP_Losman
AG
2016 called. they want their OP back
aggie93
AG
You guys don't get it. Trump getting bogus charges for the way he paid off a pron star he banged (oh sorry, Trump insists he DIDN'T have sex with her so I guess he gave her the money because reasons) is a huge boon for Trump and we all need to support him now.

Look I think what appears to be happening in NYC with the DA is an outrage on multiple fronts but I'm also exhausted by one more time Trump doing stupid things that left him exposed. Trump screwed the pron star. Trump hired Cohen as his lawyer. Trump paid her off. That's at least 3 dumb decisions Trump made that are biting him in the ass once again. The fact it isn't fair is irrelevant, it's the way the game is played and Trump still won't even admit he made some mistakes much less do anything to change so he doesn't repeat them.

The reality is that we simply have a better option without the baggage. If this were Trump v Jeb or Trump v Romney or Trump v McCain that would be a different story. It isn't though. DeSantis is more conservative than Trump and so far his biggest baggage is he eats pudding with his fingers sometimes.
AGHouston11
AG
When I hear Desantis say something negative about McConnell's actions I'll be more encouraged he's not just the establishment pick to get rid of Trump - and that he's not cooperating with that movement
AgDev01
AG
You are right to be concerned. DeSantis could do something like appoint McConnell's wife to a cabinet position if he gets the nomination.
Enviroag02
AG
If you don't think Desantis has stood up against the woke media then you have your head in the sand. To me the biggest differentiator is Desantis' willingness to take ESG head on and defeat it.
Dan Scott
AG
Maybe DeSantis is smart enough to know that McConnell is Senate Republican leader until 2026 and in a tight Senate it's best not to piss anybody off for a soundbite. See John McCain.
Science Denier
AG
Enviroag02 said:

If you don't think Desantis has stood up against the woke media then you have your head in the sand. To me the biggest differentiator is Desantis' willingness to take ESG head on and defeat it.

Again, the media is one thing. Now, folks in DC get threatened by way more than just the media. The media just spouts the narrative.

FBI tells trump there is a report that says he PERF on a hooker in Russia. Trump says whatever, then said individual tells the press and bam. He peed on hookers in Russia.

This is way different than when Reagan was our president. It's going to require a different set of rules. Trump exposed this and the establishment was hell bent on making him pay.

This is what the establishment's political consultants tells their "clients". This is why so many conservatives are changed when they get to DC.
LOL OLD
Beat40
Muy said:

They are? Last I checked they have NY arresting him this week in an attempt to keep him from running.

There is a difference between a lawyer trying to make their name by getting a win over a big, well known name and trying to keep him from running.

Dems for sure want Trump to run again the way Repubs want Biden to run again against Desantis.
TxAgPreacher
S
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

You've made the wrong choice.

Based on the post history you make me think the opposite is true.

Not saying you're wrong for sure.

That's just what my gut tells me. Go the opposite of you.
Muy
AG
Surely you don't just think this is about a lawyer.
TxAgPreacher
S
AgDev01 said:

did you forget about the time where Trump had both the house and the Senate but failed to get anything of note accomplished?

He didn't have the house or the Senate. Too many establishment never Trumpers with R's next to their name fought against him.
BMX Bandit
TxAgPreacher said:

AgDev01 said:

did you forget about the time where Trump had both the house and the Senate but failed to get anything of note accomplished?

He didn't have the house or the Senate. Too many establishment never Trumpers with R's next to their name fought against him.

Like the freedom caucus that thankfully didn't let him push through amnesty.

Another is McCain on Obamacare.

What other bills did republicans prevent him from passing?
TxAgPreacher
S
BMX Bandit said:

TxAgPreacher said:

AgDev01 said:

Like the freedom caucus that thankfully didn't let him push through amnesty.

What other bills did republicans prevent him from passing?

The president doesn't write bills. He only has veto power.

They are the ones who didn't pass his agenda. They didnt give Trump his wall.
BMX Bandit
They didn't pass his wall because it included amnesty. That was done by conservatives.

You said Republican congress fought him. I gave 2 examples. Do you have any?
TxAgPreacher
S
BMX Bandit said:

They didn't pass his wall because it included amnesty. That was done by conservatives.

You said Republican congress fought him. I gave 2 examples. Do you have any?

They write the bills. Did what Trump campaign on even make it to his Desk?

You've put the cart before the horse. If they put a bill on his desk with no amnesty he would have signed it.

When they refused he desperately tried to get the moderates on board. That's what the talk of amnesty was about. He was trying to make a deal.

I agree with you that was not a good deal, but at the time he couldn't even get that. Reagan actually passed amnesty and signed it.

Trump has more in congress now.
BMX Bandit
You are trying to re-write history now.

Trump said he'd take care of the dreamers shortly after inauguration. He then supported the bill with amnesty. That's the one he thought could pass.

The "never trumpers" didn't fight trump on immigration. The conservatives did.
TxAgPreacher
S
BMX Bandit said:

Trump said he'd take care of the dreamers shortly after inauguration. He then supported the bill with amnesty. That's the one he thought could pass.

I disagree.
Beat40
Muy said:

Surely you don't just think this is about a lawyer.
You don't think the Dems want the guy who lost to Biden to run again? Do you know how much money CNN and MSNBC made off Trump? They absolutely do.

I absolutely think what is happening in NY is lawyers trying to get a big win. The lawyer who indicts and wins against Trump has a ticket to any law firm in the US at that point.

Again, all Trump had to do in the 2nd debate was let Biden speak and not insult him. Trump didn't have the self control to do even that simple task.

He will not win another election.
Beat40
TxAgPreacher said:

BMX Bandit said:

I disagree.
The leader of the party is supposed to, you know, be the leader of the party. I think he did a poor job even trying to unite the party. Never trumper or not, I don't think he tried very hard to even reach out and make things work.

I can't believe he had the house and senate and couldn't even lead them to roll back Obamacare. That's one of the biggest failures of his term.
TxAgPreacher
S
Beat40 said:

TxAgPreacher said:

BMX Bandit said:

I disagree.
The leader of the party is supposed to, you know, be the leader of the party. I think he did a poor job even trying to unite the party. Never trumper or not, I don't think he tried very hard to even reach out and make things work.

I can't believe he had the house and senate and couldn't even lead them to roll back Obamacare. That's one of the biggest failures of his term.

I mostly agree.

Its hard to lead when the establishment of the party is out of touch with it's own base. Trump was moving the party in the right direction. He didn't get all the way there because our party was full of neocons and establishment politicians.
fightingfarmer09
I think every Republican candidate runs the risk of being a Crenshaw and to ignore that is foolish.

I think Trump has a greater than 30% chance of being so overcome with revenge that even elected he will be even less effective than before.
Science Denier
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

I think every Republican candidate runs the risk of being a Crenshaw and to ignore that is foolish.

I think Trump has a greater than 30% chance of being so overcome with revenge that even elected he will be even less effective as before.

We need someone that will totally clean house. Revenge against the FBI/CIA/etc. do a Reagan and fire every last one and make them interview for their jobs back. All under lie detectors. Or something similar.

The threats DeSantis would face will ensure that won't happen under his watch. May not happen under Trump either, but if revenge is on his mind, it may. He for sure won't back down away.
LOL OLD
BigRobSA
Science Denier said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

I think Trump has a greater than 30% chance of being so overcome with revenge that even elected he will be even less effective as before.

We need someone that will totally clean house. Revenge against the FBI/CIA/etc. do a Reagan and fire every last one and make them interview for their jobs back. All under lie detectors. Or something similar.

The threats DeSantis would face will ensure that won't happen under his watch. May not happen under Trump either, but if revenge is on his mind, it may. He for sure won't back down away.

He "for sure" won't?

What makes you say that? He's been a HORRIBLE leader of personnel and backed down, other than tweeting. As a lame duck on day 1, he'll be laughed at every time he speaks.
Science Denier
AG
BigRobSA said:

Science Denier said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

He "for sure" won't?

What makes you say that? He's been a HORRIBLE leader of personnel and backed down, other than tweeting. As a lame duck on day 1, he'll be laughed at every time he speaks.

Huh? He fires someone, they are gone. Not sure what you mean.
LOL OLD
AgDev01
AG
Too bad he didn't have the balls to fire Fauci.
C@LAg
Science Denier said:

Huh? He fires someone, they are gone. Not sure what you mean.
he did not have to fire too many people. most left his admin of their own free will
Faustus
Science Denier said:

Why I favor TRUMP over DeSaantis
. . .
DeSantis has not faced that pressure being insulated in Florida. What will he do when the attacks come? And not just some local reporter. 10 articles a day on CBS, NBC, CNN, etc... He's not faced ANYTHING like Trump
. . .
Trump lost hundreds of millions being our President. Don't care, AMERICA FIRST!!

They tried to censor his narratives with the term "FAKE NEWS". Fake news was all you heard about. So, he proceeds to turn it around and hammers the news with it. He successfully flipped the term "FAKE NEWS"
. . .
This is why Trump is such a weapon and why they fear him. The tell HIM to STFU about something our they are coming guns-a-blazing. They spy on him 24/7 he responds I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. They impeach him because of a phone call, he hammers them non-stop to the public.
. . .
I guess time will tell. You KNOW Trump will fight and use his resources to fight. He's proven it.

For me it's just the capitalized words. You get the feeling DeSantis doesn't care enough about what he's conveying to put key words in caps.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.