Trump Says He Will Be Arrested On Tuesday

46,765 Views | 612 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Im Gipper
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't read any of this thread but can someone explain to me wheee the crime is? Why is it illegal for a private citizen to pay off another private citizen to keep her ****ty mouth shut? Whether it goes through a lawyer or not how is it a crime?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
LMCane
why do his postings continue to get more and more bizarre and unhinged

he literally types like a jilted 15 year old girl

it's not even believable this guy was the President for four years. His mentality is not normal.
FireAg
AG
In a good economy? I'd say #2…

In this economy, #1 would not carry any shock value for me whatsoever…
TheTruthsLastHope
LMCane said:

so let's discuss the POLITICS of this

1. Trump is indicted: the Always Trumpers go ballistic, some additional soft Trump supporters rally around him because it's an unjust prosecution

2. Trump is indicted: over time, even Republicans realize that nominating this guy is not going to help him with his endless court cases and personal issues. enough of a majority of Republicans determine the best bet is to take the Trump poicies (minus COVID) and support DeSantis to stop this insane soap opera

which is more likely?

Option 1. Time and time again has shown there is nothing on earth he could do to lose those who deem theirselves fans of him and those who idolize him. He himself knows that and even stated so when saying he could kill a person in broad day and his fans, idolizers, and supporters would only love him more.
RoadkillBBQ
PanzerAggie06 said:

FireAg said:

They want civil war? This will do the trick…
Trump could be arrested, cuffed, perp walked, and held in jail without bail and no one on F16 will do a thing other than come here and complain. No one here is risking their life, livelihood, and general well being to save Trump and take up arms.to fight at Bull Run Part III.

This isn't about Trump. It's about the state of our country and the continuing efforts to destroy it. This is just 1 of dozens of reasons that could cause things to eventually escalate.
Ag with kids
AG
Build It said:

Tell the truth, your an Aggie I suppose. There is absolutely a state felony charge for fraud. I won't tell you how I know. But feel free to use your googler and get informed.
Only if another crime is committed while doing that...
TheTruthsLastHope
LMCane said:

why do his postings continue to get more and more bizarre and unhinged

he literally types like a jilted 15 year old girl

it's not even believable this guy was the President for four years. His mentality is not normal.

Honestly they've always been unhinged. Things are always positive when you're on the winning side, easier to excuse the inexcusable. When things are on the other side and there's no more winning people will see the jester where the bluster provided cover.
agent-maroon
AG
LMCane said:

so let's discuss the POLITICS of this

1. Trump is indicted: the Always Trumpers go ballistic, some additional soft Trump supporters rally around him because it's an unjust prosecution

2. Trump is indicted: over time, even Republicans realize that nominating this guy is not going to help him with his endless court cases and personal issues. enough of a majority of Republicans determine the best bet is to take the Trump poicies (minus COVID) and support DeSantis to stop this insane soap opera

which is more likely?
3. Strongly prefer DeSantis, but realize that you can't let these *******s get away with this treatment of Trump because if we do then that's all we'll see for every future Republican candidate from here on.

Have you ever had to fight for something that protects a viewpoint you don't agree with simply because it's the right thing to do?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Build It
AG
Trust me, falsifying business records, even "failure to maintain accurate records". Can be a felony under the fraud statute in NY. All depends on how bad the DA wants you.

Look it's really not hard to learn. Keep reading.

I've been involved with exactly the same charge in Manhattan and it was absolutely a felony.

Go get smart and quit arguing on something you've done 2 minutes of research on.

Fortunes have been lost, and business shut down over this statute in NY.
JFABNRGR
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

PanzerAggie06 said:

FireAg said:

They want civil war? This will do the trick…
Trump could be arrested, cuffed, perp walked, and held in jail without bail and no one on F16 will do a thing other than come here and complain. No one here is risking their life, livelihood, and general well being to save Trump and take up arms.to fight at Bull Run Part III.

This isn't about Trump. It's about the state of our country and the continuing efforts to destroy it. This is just 1 of dozens of reasons that could cause things to eventually escalate.
This is EXACTLY correct.

If Desantis or whoever uses this for political gain what as a country have we gained?
Any legitimate person/leader should be fighting to bring the country back to its foundations to include separation of powers, justice, bill of rights, etc.
JDL 96
Irish 2.0 said:

boboguitar said:

Paying your hooker with your own money with an NDA and not disclosing it: small campaign finance penalty
Paying your hooker with business money and then falsifying it: federal felony

Your ignorance is showing…this isn't a federal indictment. It's a state indictment by the Soros backed Manhattan DA.
How can falsifing private businesses records be a felony? Investors or creditors may have a civil claim, but how would there be felony criminal liability? It isn't a publicly traded company.
LMCane
No Spin Ag said:

Maroon Dawn said:

will25u said:

Maroon Dawn said:

BadMoonRisin said:

If they want an actual insurrection, they might get one.

535 v several million. Gotta hate those odds.

This is EXACTLY what they want. A new J6 "incident" for them to hype as "the end of democracy" and the excuse they need to use government power against Dems political opposition

So what you and other are advocating is...

Do nothing. Let the Democrats keep on keeping on with destroying our country and going after political rivals. Which will include normal conservatives eventually. Because protesting might lead to another Jan 6 type of event?

Glad our forefathers didn't think that way. We would never have had a country to begin with.

People are Charmin soft when compared to our forefathers.

But I guess that is what they want, right?

Everyone just moans and groans online and does nothing else. That is how we have already lost.

And what hard core, founder approved actions will you be taking?

I've got, "What is rage tweeting for a thousand, Alex."

And the rest, well the feds are just loving knowing that they'll have more idiots to lock up if they do anything stupid.

And team Desantis... they can't get any happier.

why do you think Team DeSantis is happy about this?

seems to me this makes Trump more popular as republicans who are low information voters hear that Trump has been arrested
Build It
AG
All they have charge you with is intent to commit fraud and it's a felony in NY. Punishable by up to 4 years. If it's a mistake etc a mistake etc. which they never go after it's a misdemeanor.

This is a tool the Manhattan DA's have used many times.
Build It
AG
NY statute that's how. DA isn't making this **** up its the law in NY.

Edit: doesn't matter if publicly traded or not.
LMCane
LOL at you believing any hard core Always Trumper will be rationally sitting there and thinking:

"gee, after 8 years of supporting Donald Trump during impeachments and scandal and scandal and impeachments, now I just cant support him after he is charged with a felony!!"
LMCane
you guys are missing the forests through the trees

if the funds came from the election campaigns, and were fraudulently used to pay off the pron star Trump was banging while Melania was at home pregnant...

well there are NY state laws prohibiting that as well as tax laws if he was hiding the hush money
Ags77
AG
LMCane said:

No Spin Ag said:

Maroon Dawn said:

will25u said:

Maroon Dawn said:

BadMoonRisin said:

If they want an actual insurrection, they might get one.

535 v several million. Gotta hate those odds.

This is EXACTLY what they want. A new J6 "incident" for them to hype as "the end of democracy" and the excuse they need to use government power against Dems political opposition

So what you and other are advocating is...

Do nothing. Let the Democrats keep on keeping on with destroying our country and going after political rivals. Which will include normal conservatives eventually. Because protesting might lead to another Jan 6 type of event?

Glad our forefathers didn't think that way. We would never have had a country to begin with.

People are Charmin soft when compared to our forefathers.

But I guess that is what they want, right?

Everyone just moans and groans online and does nothing else. That is how we have already lost.

And what hard core, founder approved actions will you be taking?

I've got, "What is rage tweeting for a thousand, Alex."

And the rest, well the feds are just loving knowing that they'll have more idiots to lock up if they do anything stupid.

And team Desantis... they can't get any happier.

why do you think Team DeSantis is happy about this?

seems to me this makes Trump more popular as republicans who are low information voters hear that Trump has been arrested

I don't think Trump being arrested ( if this isn't a made up story) helps or hurts DeSantis. DeSantis can beat Trump if it gets down to those two and Trump can win if it's a big field ( his followers are loyal) . The difference is DeSantis can win the General because people like me will vote for him and trump will lose in the General because many of us will not for trump.
Gigem
Wes97
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

boboguitar said:

Paying your hooker with your own money with an NDA and not disclosing it: small campaign finance penalty
Paying your hooker with business money and then falsifying it: federal felony

Your ignorance is showing…this isn't a federal indictment. It's a state indictment by the Soros backed Manhattan DA.

Fairly confident these were considered/claimed as personal legal fees and not deducted as a business expense. That is why there is no federal or IRS related issue to this matter.

That is also why they are reduced to claiming campaign finance violations and not tax crimes.
Ag with kids
AG
Build It said:

All they have charge you with is intent to commit fraud and it's a felony in NY. Punishable by up to 4 years. If it's a mistake etc a mistake etc. which they never go after it's a misdemeanor.

This is a tool the Manhattan DA's have used many times.
This appears to dispute you...

Quote:

S 175.05 Falsifying business records in the second degree.
A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the second degree
when, with intent to defraud, he:
1. Makes or causes a false entry in the business records of an
enterprise; or
2. Alters, erases, obliterates, deletes, removes or destroys a true
entry in the business records of an enterprise; or
3. Omits to make a true entry in the business records of an enterprise
in violation of a duty to do so which he knows to be imposed upon him by
law or by the nature of his position; or
4. Prevents the making of a true entry or causes the omission thereof
in the business records of an enterprise.
Falsifying business records in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.

S 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.
A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree
when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second
degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit
another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.
Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.
sharpdressedman
Is anyone truly surprised that a completely corrupt government would not aggressively and "by any means possible" destroy or imprison its opposition? This is America today and in the foreseeable future.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Love these legal threads.

It's amazing how so many of us, myself included, become Matlock level lawyers when posting on F16.
Build It
AG
"when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second
Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony."

We'll your own link shows how it's a state felony. I have nothing else to add. I'm sure the felony case I was involved with was all the DA's imagination.
Wes97
AG
LMCane said:

if the funds came from the election campaigns, and were fraudulently used to pay off the pron star Trump was banging while Melania was at home pregnant...

well there are NY state laws prohibiting that as well as tax laws if he was hiding the hush money
These weren't campaign funds. These were his funds. The Manhattan DA is claiming he used his personal funds in a illegal manner in order to benefit his campaign

There is a reason the Feds did not pursue this for criminal prosecution when they looked at this exact situation.
Next Year is the Year
AG
Look, I'm all for the rule of law and no one being above it etc. However, when you arguably let the most corrupt politician in the history of the US remain in the White House with no repercussions while constantly investigating Trump and finally coming up with something to hold against him, it just doesn't sit well. I hope people are angered by the standards of establishment versus non-establishment
Ag with kids
AG
Build It said:

"when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second
Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony."

We'll your own link shows how it's a state felony. I have nothing else to add. I'm sure the felony case I was involved with was all the DA's imagination.
You stated:

Quote:

All they have charge you with is intent to commit fraud and it's a felony in NY.

That statute requires;

Quote:

when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit

So...it takes more than just "intent to commit fraud". You have to ALSO DO IT WHILE COMMITTING ANOTHER CRIME. Which I stated earlier...

And maybe should shouldn't have committed that felony, then...
LMCane
Wes97 said:

LMCane said:

These weren't campaign funds. These were his funds. The Manhattan DA is claiming he used his personal funds in a illegal manner in order to benefit his campaign

There is a reason the Feds did not pursue this for criminal prosecution when they looked at this exact situation.
and just to be clear, while I despise Trump because he is a massive embarrassment to good conservatives and a LOSER

I don't want him arrested. and I don't think he should be indicted.
Build It
AG
Yea, the DA is saying the hush money was the other crime. Falsyfing the payment records as legal expenses to the dirtbag lawyer was the the other.

I'm not arguing that it's within the law, I'm just telling how the Manhattan DA is going after the charge.

Been there. Done that.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I'm honestly shocked that it hasn't occurred to this DAs office that this stunt is politically radioactive. Regardless of your position on Trump, this is beyond reckless. It's insane.
FireAg
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

I'm honestly shocked that it hasn't occurred to this DAs office that this stunt is politically radioactive. Regardless of your position on Trump, this is beyond reckless. It's insane.

100% insane…I agree…
mwp02ag
AG
Liberal playbook 101. **** on rule of law at every turn and tell us we don't support rule of law.
agent-maroon
AG
eric76 said:

It looks like this board is, in general, opposed to the Rule of Law when it's unequally applied and/or used as a weapon against your political opposition
FIFY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieBucksJB
AG
eric76 said:

It looks like this board is, in general, opposed to the Rule of Law.
When did you join TexAgs Mr. Swalwell?
Hubert J. Farnsworth
eric76 said:

What "Rule of Law"? You mean the one where people on the lefts crimes are ignored at every turn.
aginlakeway
AG
eric76 said:

You mean the rule of law that is applied evenly? And without prejudice?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
DannyDuberstein
AG
eric76 said:

eric never ceases to amaze.

And that's not a compliment fyi. Just thought I might need to make that clear for you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.