Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

483,595 Views | 9115 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Ag with kids
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big if true!

J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Big if true!

Wait I thought he was rejecting peace yesterday? Are you saying random twitter poster @JoeyMannarino wasn't being honest about what was happening?
YouBet
AG
I hope so. Let's change our focus to the western hemisphere now.

I'll wait forever on that happening.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Big if true!

Wait I thought he was rejecting peace yesterday? Are you saying random twitter poster @JoeyMannarino wasn't being honest about what was happening?

So you re just now figuring out the point of this thread? 5500 posts later lmfao
Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

It's mostly just 'what if' stuff the Euro militaries/establishment (as in Germany) are writing up that is then picked up by their own ignoramus press as meaning something it doesn't, imho. Keep in mind the 'establishment' parties in Germany are absolutely desperate vs. the farmers and AfD at this point.

Reminds me of this photo...
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Big if true!

So you re just now figuring out the point of this thread? 5500 posts later lmfao

Pretty sure everyone knew this was the pro-Russia propaganda thread a long time ago.
Ag with kids
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Big if true!

Pretty sure everyone knew this was the pro-Russia propaganda thread a long time ago.
But, they're TOTALLY not supporting Russia.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Or what if its not a sports league to some people
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Big if true!

I'll mark you down for still struggling. Keep us posted.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

At what time did I intimate that it was...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

1st, its telling you felt that was directed at you when I didn't reply to you.

2nd, You do it all the time.
"Supporting Russia" "Pulling for Russia"
Its evident by your posts you are taking this conflict personally. The only shame is when this causes you try to stop others from looking at all sides of it.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Its evident by your posts you are taking this conflict personally. The only shame is when this causes you try to stop others from looking at all sides of it.
Your response didn't really fit any other comments posted.

And, I just get amusement watching y'all lick Putin's boots. Nothing personal, other than the chuckles I get.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

And, I just get amusement watching y'all lick Putin's boots. Nothing personal, other than the chuckles I get.

If that was true you'd have no problem taking another week off from posting here. After all, you wouldn't need to reply to get your jollies off if you're just here to read.but you can't help yourself.
nortex97
AG
Not sure what is going on or if the A-50, which is relatively low-value was really even lost.

Apparently Zelensky has requested an actual 'peace summit' to include the Russians. I dunno, I'll believe it when I see it (on both counts).
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
"Most of what comes out of the Ukraine government is propaganda" -Teslag

So there you have it. The plane being shot down is probably fake news, according to one of our most ardent Uke supporters. I'm in the same camp as you on both of those as well.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

If that was true you'd have no problem taking another week off from posting here. After all, you wouldn't need to reply to get your jollies off if you're just here to read.but you can't help yourself.
I figured it was you that had contacted staff to get me banned. I suppose that one of the alternate perspectives of this thread is for it to be a safe space?
Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

Not sure what is going on or if the A-50, which is relatively low-value was really even lost.

Apparently Zelensky has requested an actual 'peace summit' to include the Russians. I dunno, I'll believe it when I see it (on both counts).
One of the very few AWACS they have in their fleet is "relatively low-value"?
GAC06
AG
Those planes are old. They tricked Ukraine into using a valuable missile on it. Russia got stronger with that exchange
nortex97
AG
Ag with kids said:

nortex97 said:

One of the very few AWACS they have in their fleet is "relatively low-value"?
Yeah, what do you posit an A-50, not even an A-100 or A-50U actually does? It doesn't track ground targets, or ballistic weapons, or in reality coordinate air defenses beyond perhaps helping to identify when SU-24's are launched. The Russians haven't made more of these precisely because they…don't work real well.

It's a nominally outdated platform, poorly employed, and ill-suited to track the cruise missiles/ballistic weapons (HIMARS) Ukraine has been using to some limited effect, and zero impact on tracking smaller drones and ground forces (such as E-8 Jstars could do) etc.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Well thought out analysis, but have you considered: plane big?

Sarcasm aside, its never good news to lose an aircraft, but I hear your point on where it ranks in importance relative to newer models.
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Those planes are old. They tricked Ukraine into using a valuable missile on it. Russia got stronger with that exchange
Multiplication by subtraction?
e=mc2
AG
FJB
F Russia
F Ukraine

America first. America now!

That is all.
nortex97
AG
Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

What strikes did those platforms help the Russians successfully defend against?
Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

I don't know. But, then if they successfully defended them, would you know?
GAC06
AG
nortex97 said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Are you suggesting that Russia could defend against Ukrainian strikes and is choosing not to presumably to preserve their precious few "real" assets?

Or is Russia just doing the best they can and still getting command and control assets splashed?
chickencoupe16
AG
Ag with kids said:

nortex97 said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

I don't know. But, then if they successfully defended them, would you know?

And if the planes don't work, why is Russia using them?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
"I don't know" wow thats a mask off moment!

So no one can answer what the planes do, but we should believe their word its a big deal? Why? Because it was flying? Its shocking you guys have carried this torch this far when you can't even tell us what the plane was used for.

Maybe "plane big" was unironically accurate.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

So no one can answer what the planes do, but we should believe their word its a big deal? Why? Because it was flying? Its shocking you guys have carried this torch this far when you can't even tell us what the plane was used for.

What strikes did those platforms help the Russians unsuccessfully defend against?
GAC06
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Here ya go sweetie

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/12/why-russia-now-has-to-use-its-a-50u-closer-to-the-fight-in-ukraine/
Brewskis
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

It is equivalent to losing either an E-3, E-8 or E-7 for us, which is a huge deal as they are airborne Command and Control. In our terms, we would be willing to lose many fighters to ensure their survival in a conflict and they usually have 4-8 fighters protecting them when airborne.

It's probably a bigger deal for the RuAF since they are very centrally controlled compared to western air forces. Russian pilots do not operate autonomously much if at all and the A-50 allows them to operate forward of ground based radar control. Additionally, they have the best radar look angle to see low flying cruise missiles, drones and other weapons.

Now you know.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Thank you. This is much more helpful. Is it correct this was an older model?
Brewskis
AG
I haven't seen any open source reporting that says either way. Even if it as an older model, it is still a significant loss. The newer model (A-50U) is much more advanced than our E-3s (on paper at least), and losing an old-ass
E-3 would be a big loss for us as well.
nortex97
AG
Brewskis said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

It is equivalent to losing either an E-3, E-8 or E-7 for us, which is a huge deal as they are airborne Command and Control. In our terms, we would be willing to lose many fighters to ensure their survival in a conflict and they usually have 4-8 fighters protecting them when airborne.

It's probably a bigger deal for the RuAF since they are very centrally controlled compared to western air forces. Russian pilots do not operate autonomously much if at all and the A-50 allows them to operate forward of ground based radar control. Additionally, they have the best radar look angle to see low flying cruise missiles, drones and other weapons.

Now you know.
Not a single thing you posted is accurate. It is somewhat similar to early-versions of the E-3, but they only built a handful because they simply don't work well. It has very limited tracking for cruise missiles and there has been no indication it is able to coordinate defensive actions toward them on behalf of tactical aircraft. The Ukrainian Air Force operates very little CAP missions near the front so it is functionally not doing much at all. It has very little capabilities which is why the incoming cruise missiles have only been struck by self-directed SAM units, generally.

It has absolutely nothing akin to E-8 or E-7 capabilities, and is pretty well unprotected by nearby TACAIR assets which is again indicative of its comparatively inferior role/doctrinal employment vs. an E-3 even 20 years ago. Much of our ISR is actually via space and much higher Global Hawk platforms, though E-8 and E-7 provide very good ground surveillance as well. RUAF pilots are almost never directed by A-50 aircraft. LOL.

Never know when a war supporter will shift to jumping over here to proclaim a recent Russian loss of a single aircraft/ship has some huge impact/significance, but it's comical when it happens. Besides, was the A-50 loss even real? 24 hours later and not a single piece of evidence of debris at sea. And there are reports it might have been lost due to friendly fire, again, not a real well used system.

Quote:

If these aircraft were lost at all, and beyond the very real possibility that this was a case of friendly fire, which has happened before, Ukraine shooting down aircraft in the western portion of the Sea of Azov would be a major development. It's worth noting that the Sea of Azov sits between Crimea to the west, Russia to the east, and eastern Ukraine to the north. The Kerch Bridge and the entrance into the greater Black Sea are to the south.

Hmmm, I'd think some bodies/wreckage from the Sea of Azov would turn up...

Anyway:

Anyway, DailyMail seems to have pivoted overnight too;

Quote:

First, on the surface this seems preposterous: weren't these the people just telling us that Russia is weak; that the Russian army has been totally demolished; thatas per Lindsey GrahamRussia is being completely broken by "a tiny investment" of American funds in the hands of the heroic Ukrainian Armed Forces?

Recall the following which spread like wildfire only a couple weeks ago:
Quote:

"U.S. intelligence officials estimate that #Russia has essentially lost its entire original invading army originally estimated at around 200,000 along with another 115,000 … So why are so many American politicians buying into #Putin's narrative that Zelensky & his generals cannot decisively win the war?"
How is it possible an army which was entirely destroyed can reconstitute itself so fast as to engulf all of Europe like a tidal wave? One quickly begins to see how such stereotyped 'legends' about Russia are born, that were so rampant during WWII and beyond.

You will also note that the precise date outlines above are meant specifically to activate the fear-response in readers: it gives the illusion of authority and expert confidence, since all the dates are so accurately indexed, that it must be a scientifically-plotted done deal. A cheap psychological parlor trick.

To get back to the timeline: they elaborate on each development. But the most important thing to keep in mind, is that we know such projections are always the telegraphed intentions of the chief antagonist itself, which is the US/NATO empire. So for every action they list, they are ominously telegraphing precisely what they themselves intend to begin agitating for.

For instance:
Quote:

In July, the first covert, and later increasingly open attack by Russia on the West begins the scenario.

Severity of cyber-attacks and other forms of hybrid warfare, mainly in the Baltic States, leading to new crises. Russia begins with the incitement of ethnic Russian minorities in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Just from the above we can see the open schema of the psychological operation. This week alone was rife with Western provocations in the Baltics, who are now openly persecuting ethnic Russians for every possible infraction. The biggest story of the week saw an 82 year old Russian man forcibly deported from Latvia
How could Russia staff such an invasion, or control it without that precious A-50? But wait, there's more! The big Russian invasion through the Suwalki Gap will happen, right on schedule, amid the November US election. Of course!

Quote:

Do you notice how all of these plans just happen to culminate at precisely the time of the 2024 US presidential election? Do you recall how Tucker Carlson declared his firm belief that the big "October Surprise" of 2024 will be war with Russia, and the subsequent cancellation of the election?

Quote:

Poland took to the skies, frightened by Russian planes in the SMO zone

Military planes were scrambled into the skies over Poland due to "Russian aviation activity" in the special operation zone. This was reported by the Polish Operational Command.

" There is increased activity in Russian long-range aviation. The air forces of Poland and its allies have become more active," the statement said. The information was published on the social network X.
chickencoupe16
AG
Guys, the A50 was so bad that Russia wasn't even using it! Oh, wait, they were? Must have been useful in some way then...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
One thing I'm sure of: we are pretty far from "Russia has no ability to mount an offensive"
First Page Last Page
Page 156 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.