Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

483,067 Views | 9115 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Ag with kids
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fka ftc said:

Maybe you didn't read the tweet. From John Kirby "The US military will very likely have to get involved if Putin achieves a strategic victory in Ukraine."

KimDotCom, whomever that is, is just giving their opinion after that. You seem to discount his opinion without ever offering any reasoning behind it.

As usual, all snark, no substance.
His "opinion" in no way matched the statement from Kirby...

BTW, when you paraphrase someone, you're not giving an opinion. You're attempting to restate what they said. hth
Ag with kids
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

fka ftc said:

And not one single person has disputed that. But you seem hyper focused on just one aspect of a very complex situation. To continue to repeat it over and over when nobody disputes is textbook derailing.

Plenty of people seem to want to blame literally anyone else besides the person who started the war and who could end it today.
Nah...that's not complex enough.
fka ftc

fka ftc said:

And not one single person has disputed that. But you seem hyper focused on just one aspect of a very complex situation. To continue to repeat it over and over when nobody disputes is textbook derailing.

Plenty of people seem to want to blame literally anyone else besides the person who started the war and who could end it today.
Yes another lie / misrepresentation. Plenty of people have said there were other contributing factors to the conflict. It is not like one day Putin woke up and out of the blue invaded Ukraine and made the announcement that his only reason for doing so is ****s and giggles.

Some folks desire to have an in depth discussion. Some do not. If you do not wish to discuss deeper issues, then just move on and not participate in thread whose focus is to discuss those deeper issues and other factors.
Ag with kids
AG
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Do you really not know who kimdotcom is?
I do not nor do I care.
It explains a lot about you...
fka ftc
Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

What is astounding is someone actually thinks it is not complex. For some the Earth is flat and the run is just a yellow thing that goes to sleep at night.

Which type are you?
fka ftc
Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

Maybe you didn't read the tweet. From John Kirby "The US military will very likely have to get involved if Putin achieves a strategic victory in Ukraine."

KimDotCom, whomever that is, is just giving their opinion after that. You seem to discount his opinion without ever offering any reasoning behind it.

BTW, when you paraphrase someone, you're not giving an opinion. You're attempting to restate what they said. hth
Wrong. But I think its not worth debating you further.
fka ftc
Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Do you really not know who kimdotcom is?
I do not nor do I care.
It explains a lot about you...
Thanks. I would not want to be defined by whether I know who kimdotcom is or not.

If it makes a difference in your life, go ahead and wear it proudly.

And enough of the derail dude. You do this all the time.
Ag with kids
AG
fka ftc said:

fka ftc said:

Yes another lie / misrepresentation. Plenty of people have said there were other contributing factors to the conflict. It is not like one day Putin woke up and out of the blue invaded Ukraine and made the announcement that his only reason for doing so is ****s and giggles.

Some folks desire to have an in depth discussion. Some do not. If you do not wish to discuss deeper issues, then just move on and not participate in thread whose focus is to discuss those deeper issues and other factors.
So, if you decide to beat the **** out your wife, we should withhold judgement because we may not understand the complex reasons that led you to the conclusion that kicking her ass was the best choice?

Sorry that we'd just call a spade a spade and blame you for it...

We do realize your in depth discussion is a **** fest on Biden and a deification of isolationism, though.

So carry on.
Ag with kids
AG
fka ftc said:

Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

What is astounding is someone actually thinks it is not complex. For some the Earth is flat and the run is just a yellow thing that goes to sleep at night.

Which type are you?
Well, sorry I don't just lap up Russian propaganda like you do. Doesn't make it complex that you do, though.
fka ftc
Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

Which type are you?
Well, sorry I don't just lap up Russian propaganda like you do. Doesn't make it complex that you do, though.
Which Russian propaganda have I "lapped up"? Let me know.

Regarding beating my wife, its a low class ad hom attempt that should be beneath even you.

But I will tell you that if I beat my wife up it would only be because I was protecting myself or my son. Though I am sure in your simple world you think that a woman is incapable of attacking and harming a man or child.

Truth be told though, I am quite confident my wife could put a hurt on most TexAgs "men".
Ag with kids
AG
fka ftc said:

Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

Which type are you?
Which Russian propaganda have I "lapped up"? Let me know.

Regarding beating my wife, its a low class ad hom attempt that should be beneath even you.

But I will tell you that if I beat my wife up it would only be because I was protecting myself or my son. Though I am sure in your simple world you think that a woman is incapable of attacking and harming a man or child.

Truth be told though, I am quite confident my wife could put a hurt on most TexAgs "men".
That was not an ad hom. It was an example. I did NOT say you beat your wife - THAT would be an ad hom...
nortex97
AG
Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

This can actually be done honestly, or in a certain "Tesla" style.

The snark that really matters comes from the top: Joe Biden's White House. It's absurd propaganda most of the time.

Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

This can actually be done honestly, or in a certain "Tesla" style.

The snark that really matters comes from the top: Joe Biden's White House. It's absurd propaganda most of the time.

Biden is probably the dumbest person every to hold the office of POTUS. I shake my head in disbelief every time words come out of his mouth.

I don't know if he believes what he says or doesn't even actually understand the words coming out of his mouth.
nortex97
AG

Teslag
AG
I love the community notes on that one.
nortex97
AG

You probably should note that Elon noted the…state actors impacting this propaganda via the note. You seem to accept your propaganda though, happily, so I am not sure that is an issue. No system is perfect, but I appreciate he and others (certainly not Teslag) looking for a free speech platform to best accommodate a 'dissenting voice' amid a world of war propaganda and lies in the media/online.

Now, I will await your imminent 'restatement' or snark lying about what was said/my opinions/statements/posts. Anyway…some updates:

JD Vance: Nobody believes Ukraine can restore pre-war borders.

No money, war's gonna end soon:

Quote:

The Financial Times and the Michigan Ross business school, 48% of Americans said they believed their nation was spending too much on military and financial aid to Kiev. Only 27% said the amount was right, and 11% believed the US was not spending enough. The British newspaper reported the results on Sunday.

GOP voters were the most likely to say the US assistance to Ukraine was excessive, with 65% of Republicans giving that answer, compared to 52% of independents and 32% of Democrats.

The shifting attitudes were also reflected in a Pew survey on the same issue, the results of which the pollster released last Friday. In that study, 31% of respondents said the US was spending too much, compared to 29% who supported the current level, 18% who considered it not sufficient, and 22% who said they were not sure.
Interesting take from Simplicius:

Quote:

But the thing is, Russia has not launched any major decisive offensives to do that, other than Avdeevka. In every other area, they're still just doing a very methodical slow-grind of opportunistic advances. I.e. where they see a weak hole or flank, they'll attack it and take the position, but they won't do a brute force "all in" charge with massive losses like Ukraine did on their counteroffensive.

But to get back to just the Avdeevka comparison you invoked, the only difference is that Ukraine took hugely disproportionate casualties in their brute force head-on charge method. In Avdeevka, while Russian losses are relatively serious, they are still inflicting far more losses on the enemy while advancing compared to what Ukraine inflicted when they advanced in Zaporozhye.

And why is that? Mostly the usual: Russia has air superiority and is able to pound fixed AFU positions in Avdeevka with huge 500kg Fab-500 bombs 24/7, as well as nonstop rotary wing attacks. We've seen many videos of Ka-52s and Mi-28Ns launching TV-guided LMUR missiles precisely at AFU strongholds in Avdeevka. There's also a drone and artillery dominance.

Most importantly, since Avdeevka is a cauldron, the AFU positions are relatively fixed. Meaning, they aren't able to do a standard echelon defense fallback tactic as Russia used in Zaporozhye. There, Russia would strategically cede land as the AFU advanced, slowly goring them through the gauntlet, attriting AFU forces little by little as they slogged through each prepared echelon. It's like leading someone through a multi-stage trap very slowly while you comfortably back away.

In Avdeevka, the AFU doesn't have this option because there's no where to "retreat to" and no echelons to speak of, because they're sitting in an enclosed boiler and basically have to just dance around and hope Russia's firebag saturation doesn't exterminate them.

But even given those disadvantages, their defense has been remarkable. Unlike the hubristic pro-UA accounts who gloss over everything, we must admit that the Avdeevka defenders have shown remarkable ability to stymy Russian advances. Even given all the advantages, Russian forces are not able to consistently create breakthroughs and are often pushed out of positions just as quickly as they take them. For instance, days ago they made new advances in Stepove, but then were again booted out by a fierce Ukrainian counter attack.

Additionally, evidence continues to suggest Ukraine is still able to use the MSR supply route, which means Russia has still not fully clamped it down with firecontrol.

As a last note, the one thing I'll say Russia has been able to consistently achieve that Ukraine hasn't is the thing which has facilitated all of its dominance, from Avdeevka to Bakhmut and other fights. That is the ability to consistently create cauldrons. Even in all the brutal Zaporozhye assaults, the AFU was not able to create a single meaningful cauldron on Russian forces, despite trying very valiantly.
Small world, I had no idea Russia and the US use the same Austrian equipment to make artillery barrels:

Quote:

But everywhere else, due to the overreaching shell hunger Ukraine is currently experiencing, Russian forces are not having much problems with Ukrainian shelling. The biggest problem now that's getting worse by the day, is the FPV problem. The AFU has now been leaning more heavily on FPV usage and they continue to inflict major losses on Russia on every front with FPV drones. Keep in mind, Russia likewise inflicts even bigger losses on them with FPVs, however this still doesn't change the fact that FPVs are becoming an increasingly wider nightmare and the counters to them are struggling to keep up, as electronics units are not being rolled out quite as fast as needed to most units.

But stay tuned to this update also, as I am planning a much larger report in the near future on how drone warfare is evolving in the current battlefield.

As a quick note on barrels, check this guy's account and posts, as he had some goodthough pro-Western slantedinformation, like also this. Here he states that, interestingly, Russia and the U.S. both use the identical Austrian GFM forging machine to build their artillery barrels. In U.S.'s case, the Watervliet Arsenal factory in Watervliet, NY, and the Russian Motovilikha factory which produces their artillery barrels and MLRS equipment:

nortex97
AG
FT: Ukrainians question Saint Zelensky the wonderful's lies:

Quote:

The message is always "we're moving forward", with the aim of maintaining optimism at home and abroad, according to three people familiar with the communications strategy. The policy is applied at all state levels, from ministries and local administrations to military commanders and includes strict censorship of bad news such as Ukrainian casualty numbers or successful Russian strikes.

But with Ukraine enjoying few military achievements this year and western support faltering, the communications strategy is creating a rift between the presidential administration and military leadership, say officials from the armed forces, former presidential staffers and communication strategists.

"We need to add more realism . . . and we have to be as courageous about it as we were on February 24 [2022]," said a person connected to the presidential communications strategy in reference to the day Russia began its full-scale invasion of Ukraine. Political rivals have begun to openly criticise Zelenskyy, with Kyiv mayor Vitali Klitschko recently accusing the president of authoritarianism and even comparing him to Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

Meanwhile, military leaders have argued that the gap between official messaging and the situation on the ground is no longer convincing, and therefore not motivating Ukrainians or the country's western partners.

Teslag
AG
Translation "some of the notes are disappearing as Russian bots mobilize"
Teslag
AG

Quote:

Latest update at Avdeevka. Once the Russians seize Hill 240 in the center and the "Royal Hunt" and air defense base strongpoints in the south, the Ukrainians will be entirely out of high ground near the city.

Almost two years since the invasion began, and with 200 modern tanks rolling out per month according to some, and the best Russia can do at this point is take a hill in an abandoned village of formerly 9,000 people.

That's it. That's Russia's offensive ability. This is a stalemate along current lines and will not change.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

As a last note, the one thing I'll say Russia has been able to consistently achieve that Ukraine hasn't is the thing which has facilitated all of its dominance, from Avdeevka to Bakhmut and other fights.

This is one of my favorite lines from that clown "Simplicious". It's always some long winded rambling Russian fan fiction with tiny bits of truth mixed in. Like this line casually thrown in. Since March of 2022 Russia has been stone cold halted. No success, nothing. Bakhut was their lone achievement and it was done by a PMC and their leader now killed (by Russia after a coup attempt). And now Avdeeka which has been abandonded since 2022. But with a wave of the hand this author paints a picture of "dominance" in his words to justify the fiction he just wrote. If you have read Simplicious the Thinker's" updates posted here over the last year or so the theme is always the same. Russia is just absolutely destroying the Ukrainians and is on the cusp of leveling Ukraine, walking in Kiev, and killing that western puppet pig Zelensky,

Yet here we ware. With nothing different. At all.
Teslag
AG
The expertise of Russian propaganda isn't even immune to professional American actors. Many were tricked into Russian propaganda videos against Ukraine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-zelensky-cameo-video-disinformation-b2460633.html

Quote:

Celebrities such as Lord of the Rings actor Elijah Wood were paid to record a message on Cameo for someone named "Vladimir", asking them to find help for alcohol and substance abuse. The videos were later altered to include logos, emojis and links to make them look authentic in a bid to target Mr Zelensky amid Russia's war in Ukraine. Other watermarks overlaid on the videos falsely indicated that they were shared by the celebrities on their Instagram profiles.

In the absence of any ability to do something on the battlefield, we have remember that Russia will always have the upper hand in psyops and propaganda. It's actually impressive.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Quote:

Latest update at Avdeevka. Once the Russians seize Hill 240 in the center and the "Royal Hunt" and air defense base strongpoints in the south, the Ukrainians will be entirely out of high ground near the city.

Almost two years since the invasion began, and with 200 modern tanks rolling out per month according to some, and the best Russia can do at this point is take a hill in an abandoned village of formerly 9,000 people.

That's it. That's Russia's offensive ability. This is a stalemate along current lines and will not change.

Must really be bad for Ukraine if even you are saying this. You were banging the "Uke is taking back land everyday" drum well after it was obvious their "Spring counter offensive" was a dud.
Teslag
AG
They were. They have largely stopped offensive operations for the winter, short of some minor offensive actions in securing a landing on the other side of the Dnipro. Their offensive did not yield what it should have to give them hope to regain most of their occupied lands. They should focus on shoring lines and establishing those. This thing is basically over for the foreseeable future where the lines stand today.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Can you point to the exact day or moment in time you finally figured this out?

When you say the lines aren't moving, is that because of our help? Or can it be done without our help?

Was there something Russia did to force a stalemate? How did we get from daily Ukrainian gains to here in your eyes?
nortex97
AG
Hamas and Hezbollah 'easily' obtain weapons anytime in Ukrainian black market for arms/weapons.

Quote:

Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian has issued some surprising remarks claiming that Lebanon-based Hezbollah and Gaza-based Hamas can procure more weapons anytime they want utilizing the thriving arms black market in Ukraine. He suggested this is already happening while addressing a conference in Doha Monday.

He went so far as to say these groups, which the US has listed as terror organizations, can "easily" and "without much effort" get whatever they need in Ukraine.

The unusual remarks seem by design a jab and provocation aimed at Washington and its Western allies which have poured billions of dollars in defense aid into Ukraine over the last two years. These same NATO countries also tend to be Israel's biggest funders.
Joining in on trolling the US alliance, Russian state publications in English featured the Iranian top diplomat's words:
Quote:

"You see, in the past - I wish to be absolutely frank with you - we used to provide all kinds of support to Hezbollah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad while taking into account [both] international law and the conditions of confronting the occupier (implying Israel - TASS)," Abdollahian said at the Doha Forum, when answering a question about Tehran's support for these organizations.
That's when he said: "If you ask me where they can obtain weapons, then one of the black markets where they can get them is Ukraine." He said this as if suggesting that Tehran doesn't need to offer as much support to the groups at this point, given the immense and ongoing arms proliferation in Eastern Europe.

Abdollahian continued to describe that "Very easily, without much effort they can get whatever [they need] in Ukraine," He additionally said that if necessary, Hezbollah and Hamas currently "can produce the necessary weapons" on their own.

The words might also be timed to inject more controversy into US domestic politics as Republicans in Congress have thus far refused to sign off on Biden's requested $106 billion in defense funds, primarily for the wars in Ukraine and Israel.
"This war is a great deal for Americans." Sure, maybe it's a jab at team CCP-Biden, but is it really entirely unbelievable? No. Not to those of us thinking for ourselves, or following Ukrainian corruption stories at all. Some portion of whatever we send to Ukraine winds up in Iranian/Hezbollah/Hamas hands. The only question is what that portion is.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

When you say the lines aren't moving, is that because of our help? Or can it be done without our help?

Was there something Russia did to force a stalemate? How did we get from daily Ukrainian gains to here in your eyes?

Ukraine stopped making gains when they stopped going on the offensive. It's winter.
Teslag
AG
So the Iranian foreign minister says something that is directly harmful to our interests and meant to create division while emboldens our enemy and their ally and your first instinct is to…

believe them without the slightest hesitation?
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

So the Iranian foreign minister says something that is directly harmful to our interests and meant to create division while emboldens our enemy and their ally and your first instinct is to…

Why would they lie? They've always been so honest before.
nortex97
AG
Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

Why would they lie? They've always been so honest before.

Always listen to the enemy, sure, with a critical eye. It's pretty believable tho. And noteworthy the bidens just released a lot more funding for our enemy last month. Weird how that might add up and be used as fungible cash.
Get Off My Lawn
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ukraine stopped making gains when they stopped going on the offensive. It's winter.

Just out of curiosity… in what time period(s) was Ukraine making noteworthy "daily gains?" It's been over a year now, right?

And what's the ROI? It's gotta be over $1M/acre for the year, right?
Teslag
AG
Who claimed the gains were "noteworthy"?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

You did when you wrote about them here everyday for weeks. (Months?)
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

He did not say they were noteworthy.

Not any more noteworthy than capturing an empty city after 2 years was for the Russians...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Not any more noteworthy than capturing an empty city after 2 years was for the Russians...

"He did not say they were noteworthy, he just incessantly posted about them."

Actions so loud I can't hear what you're saying.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

"He did not say they were noteworthy, he just incessantly posted about them."

Actions so loud I can't hear what you're saying.
Is this like y'all and Russian propaganda?
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.