Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

483,929 Views | 9116 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by nortex97
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

For the readers at home, Marinka is a small Ukrainian town of 9,000 people that has largely been destroyed and depopulated since 2022.

This what Ukraine "winning" looks like.

Winning for Ukraine is waking up and not being Russian.

And everyday there are less Ukrainians waking up than the day before, proving my point that this war is already lost.
nortex97
AG
We must restore the Galicians to control over Kiev!

The Rus' must be protected. George Washington would have agreed, surely.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

For the readers at home, Marinka is a small Ukrainian town of 9,000 people that has largely been destroyed and depopulated since 2022.

And everyday there are less Ukrainians waking up than the day before, proving my point that this war is already lost.

Loss of life is kind of how war works. And it is necessary when defending one's home. The alternative is surrender.
fka ftc
Let us know when you have signed up to go to Ukraine and fight vs just typing in words on a keyboard about how they should send more of their people to die in a war they cannot, will not win.
Teslag
AG
I signed up to fight for my own country and still do to this day, my most recent deployment being in 2020. It's precisely why I don't fault Zelensky or the Ukrainians fighting for their own.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Loss of life is kind of how war works.

Yes. The losing side will lose lots of lives. Have you figured it out yet?
fka ftc
Teslag said:

I signed up to fight for my own country and still do to this day, my most recent deployment being in 2020. It's precisely why I don't fault Zelensky or the Ukrainians fighting for their own.
That is not what I asked. Appreciate your service but ensuring the base had plenty of coffee filters is different than sending young men into battle to lose their lives. But if that did happen to be your experience, then I apologize but I would caveat by saying that such experience is not reflected in your posting and opinions on matters.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

Appreciate your service but ensuring the base had plenty of coffee filters is different than sending young men into battle to lose their lives.

I spent my first years on active duty as a medic but I appreciate your denigration of my service.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Quote:

Appreciate your service but ensuring the base had plenty of coffee filters is different than sending young men into battle to lose their lives.

I spent my first years on active duty as a medic but I appreciate your denigration of my service.
Seems to me like you are denigrating those who order coffee filters, which remains an important job but comes with less decision making responsibility than ordering soldiers into a battle that will in all certainty result in severe casualties.

Again, I appreciate all those who serve. What I do not appreciate is someone who carelessly talks about stacking bodies of the enemies and ordering young conscripts into almost certain death when they have not made those sorts of decisions. If they did make those decisions, I would think their comments would reflect such gravity.
Teslag
AG
Nortex has told all of us that Russian soldiers are the most highly paid in the world, and his links to certain twitter accounts indicate that this is a Russian war that is enthusiastically supported by their people willing to fight.

But you say it's purely conscripts. Which is it?
fka ftc
My friends, this is what deflection looks like.

Conscripts can be paid, but it really doesn't matter to me if they volunteered to serve their country or were conscripted.
Teslag
AG
That I agree with. Once they are wearing the uniform of the enemy they are a target and should be treated accordingly.
nortex97
AG
Teslag said:

Nortex has told all of us that Russian soldiers are the most highly paid in the world, and his links to certain twitter accounts indicate that this is a Russian war that is enthusiastically supported by their people willing to fight.

But you say it's purely conscripts. Which is it?
Yet again, if you could kindly refrain from lying about what I have posted and said I would appreciate it.
Teslag
AG
Sorry. Correction, he said they are some of the most highly paid in the world.
nortex97
AG
Teslag said:

Sorry. Correction, he said they are some of the most highly paid in the world.
Ah, so the correction to your lie is a small part of the truth, which is that they are very well paid by comparison to both their living standard in Russia and global soldier salaries. (Pro Ukraine source):

Quote:

When the full-scale invasion of Ukraine began in February 2022, Russian junior officers were making just over 81,000 rubles (about $900) a month. A few months later, in October 2022, because of the conflict's deteriorating status pay increased for Russian troops, with pay for the most junior troops starting at about 195,000 rubles ($2,100) a month.

"It is highly likely that the salary and additional benefits are a strong incentive for personnel to join up, especially to those from the poorer areas of Russia. However, Russia is still unlikely to meet its targets for recruiting volunteers to the ranks," the British Military Intelligence assessed in a recent estimate of the war.

Today, the most junior Russian troops receive over 200,000 rubles (slightly over $2,100) a month. This sum is almost three times larger than the average Russian national salary, which is about 73,000 rubles ($765) a month.

In comparison, junior enlisted personnel in the U.S. military make between $23,000 and $30,000 a year while the U.S. average salary is around $59,000.

To be sure, U.S. military personnel get a lot of indirect bonuses, such as grocery and housing allowances. But even with these bonuses, Russian military pay is levels higher than that of American troops in the context of their respective economies.

This paradox is a result of the most serious force generation issues that plague the Russian military.
They also have comparatively fewer worthless combat support/combat service support/REMF NCO's/warrant officers and generals, and more junior officers etc. than we do, so it's difficult to really compare. The expendable folks like Wagner PMC etc. mercenaries were better paid. The conscripts, less so.

Now, at this stage of their partial mobilization, they don't need to pay/use those groups so much of course. In point of fact, I don't need to re-document this publicly because if the Russian uniformed forces weren't much stronger and were desperate for draftees/mercenaries still, it would have been posted here many times over the past week/month.

You sure seem to be letting your keyboard get ahead of your recollection/fabrications a lot. Funny/sad.
Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

He has to either flea or do that, imho, as the people are sick of the pointless slaughter.

It bugs me how you spelled that.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

And every day there are FEWER Russians waking up than the day before, so maybe your point is wrong.
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

Don't you know that BIDEN is in charge of you now?

REEEEE
Teslag
AG

Quote:

They also have comparatively fewer worthless combat support/combat service support/REMF NCO's/warrant officers and generals, and more junior officers etc. than we do, so it's difficult to really compare.

The fact that you and Russia believe these combat support personell are "worthess" is precisely why they are completely unable to mount a real offensive and stone walled by Ukraine with cast off NATO weapons. Logistics, maintenance, medical, and support have always been their Achilles heal. I mean, it really doesn't take a logistics unit to throw bodies at the problem now does it?
nortex97
AG
Biden's emails to Hunter business partners in/about Ukraine increased using 'secret' accounts when traveling there;

Quote:

Pages of evidence provided by the whistleblowers uncovered 327 emails sent or received by Biden's alias accounts. The committee found that 54 of the emails were exclusively between Biden and Hunter's business partner Eric Schwerin, and 38 were from White House email accounts to Biden with Hunter copied on the correspondence. The committee described Schwerin as "the architect of the Biden family's shell companies."

Chairman Jason Smith (R-Mo.) applauded Shapley and Ziegler for coming forward with "over 1,100 pages of evidence" against the Biden family's international business dealings.

"Vice President Biden appears to have treated Air Force 2 like a corporate jet, traveling to Ukraine and Mexico to advance Hunter Biden's business interests," Smith said. "Evidence from today's documents show right around the time of international trips like those to Ukraine, Joe Biden was emailing his son and his son's business partner from private email accounts using aliases while vice president."

In 2018, Biden boasted about a trip to Kyiv, Ukraine, in late 2015, where he threatened to withhold $1 billion in aid if former Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin was not fired. Biden has been accused of pushing for Shokin's termination because he was investigating Burisma while Hunter was on the company's board.
Yes, this is very relevant to this current war and the money flowing from US taxpayers to Ukraine both during the Biden Vice Presidency and his presidency, to sacrifice Ukrainian and Russian lives in a proxy war to launder money and promote Biden familia business interests illegally.

As a reminder, the widow of the mayor of Moscow is still exempt from Biden sanctions, though she just so happened to have paid the Bidens millions previously.

fka ftc
Not just email aliases but using a secretly funded DoD / WH email server that there is very little to NO public information about.

Why?
aggiehawg
AG
Uhm?

Quote:

Ilya Kiva, who was a Member of Parliament in Ukraine until the war started and dissenting lawmakers were purged, was shot in the head in an assassination claimed by the Ukrainian intelligence service.

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) confirmed they were responsible for the killing of a former Member of Parliament of the nation who was found dead in Moscow, Russia, Ukrinform reports. The report from the Ukrainian state news outlet described Ilya Kiva as a "top traitor, collaborator and propagandist… criminal" and stated he was "liquidated" with "small arms", or gunfire.
LINK
nortex97
AG
Well, you see, democracy can't allow traitors who spread disinformation/wrong think, today. See: J6 gulags, Trump indictments, anything said by Chris Wray, and trust us, this is about defeating oppression/fascism.

Oh, and we must also remember to reinvigorate the Palestinian Authority after/while ensuring 'freedom' in Ukraine from "Russian interference."

GAC06
AG
Quote:

The former Presidential candidate had been a parliamentarian for the pro-Moscow 'Opposition Platform For Life' party in Ukraine's Parliament but was stripped of his seat in 2022 after he spoke out in favour of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

That, plus being in Moscow kinda backs up the "traitor and collaborator" claims
aggiehawg
AG
GAC06 said:

Quote:

The former Presidential candidate had been a parliamentarian for the pro-Moscow 'Opposition Platform For Life' party in Ukraine's Parliament but was stripped of his seat in 2022 after he spoke out in favour of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Guess his windows were too low, to "fall out of" in the Russian manner so they just shot him.
fka ftc
GAC06 said:

Quote:

Seems like we should be able to shoot John Kerry when he meets with the Iranians and Joe Biden when he meets with the Chinese. I like this approach.
GAC06
AG
If we had politicians openly supporting a nation that invaded us I think you'd see widespread support for that kind of reaction.
nortex97
AG
GAC06 said:

If we had politicians openly supporting a nation that invaded us I think you'd see widespread support for that kind of reaction.

I guess the unionists and royalists before were just treated more kindly. I certainly wouldn't advocate violence toward mayorkas.
fka ftc
GAC06 said:

Yet you do not.

Pretty sure Biden is letting Chinese nationals invade our Country, but not only bows to Xi but through his son does business with them in exchange for favorable treatment.

Regarding John Kerry, as usual, facts are not on your side.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/iranian-encounters-confirmed-texas-border-dps-director

https://nypost.com/2021/04/26/iran-foreign-minister-says-john-kerry-met-with-him-during-trump-years/
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
GAC06 said:

Except folks on the left are already doing just that to the invasion taking place in the South, andI'm aware of no one who supports that reaction.
GAC06
AG
I'm not a fan of the open border policies of this administration but it's not an invasion like Russia invaded Ukraine and everyone here knows it. If we were actually at war, and were actually invaded, an American aiding the enemy would literally be a traitor as it is defined in the constitution. No need to further derail with this topic though.
nortex97
AG
Way, way more military age males have crossed our southern border than have come across pre-2021 Ukrainian borders from Russia. It's an analogy that is worth considering, here, as the GOP contingent remaining in the house is trying to force the issue as far as further support for both our own invasion and Russia's war in Ukraine jointly.
Brother Shamus
Stalemate war is good for business. Expect more of the same.
Teslag
AG
Are we equating "military age males" crossing a border to a four front invasion of 300,000 Russian soliders comprising several echelons of armored columns, fast attack motor battalions, coordinated air strikes, cruise missiles strikes from Russian land, air, and naval assets, and the initial slaughter of thousands upon thousands of Ukrainian civilians combined with total destruction of populated cities?

Just want to make sure I'm on the same page here.
nortex97
AG
Teslag said:

Are we equating "military age males" crossing a border to a four front invasion of 300,000 Russian soliders comprising several echelons of armored columns, fast attack motor battalions, coordinated air strikes, cruise missiles strikes from Russian land, air, and naval assets, and the initial slaughter of thousands upon thousands of Ukrainian civilians combined with total destruction of populated cities?

Just want to make sure I'm on the same page here.
Both sides are Biden pay-masters/voters, to be sure.

Just trying to match your snark.

But Russia can't mount an offensive anyway. Or something.
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.