Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

484,464 Views | 9120 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by YouBet
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, I figured Olga Bazova would be an off limits source for you considering your Pro-Israel stand and her regular Hamas cheerleading. As this is a thread for "other perspectives" it's worth discussing how wide her perspective truly is.

nortex97
AG
Teslag said:

Also, I figured Olga Bazova would be an off limits source for you considering your Pro-Israel stand and her regular Hamas cheerleading. As this is a thread for "other perspectives" it's worth discussing how wide her perspective truly is.
What you fail utterly to grasp, still today, is that I think for myself, and am not beholden to agree with everything said by a given person/source/writer etc.

This is a common thread I would helpfully try to encourage you to consider, as it's manifested itself through your posts here across a wide range of topics. Many of 'us' (meaning Americans, not just posters) tend to try to see through a narrative/news/source and analyze what might be true or false, instead of choosing a team/side and just sticking to that.

To that end, Joe Biden champions for instance the war in Ukraine (which he helped, proximately, to provoke). But he also lies about many (almost every) other things, yet you support his war in Ukraine:

Should you, or Ukraine war proponents/supporters similarly, disclaim Joe Biden as an unrepentant liar in all matters when citing propaganda the administration puts out regarding the war in Ukraine? No, I don't think so. But, the difference I would draw is that I respect people may disagree with an author/official/public person on a topic and yet cite them in another matter. I've tried to spell this out a few times and don't expect you to 'get' it this time but want others to see it.
LarryElder
nortex97 said:

This whole war is such a pathetic scam/fraud between two disgusting teams/sides of oligarchs.

why does the cross dressing comedian need two yachts???

CAuse WE nEED to StaCK RuSSian BodIES?
Stat Monitor Repairman

Reminder that all these super-yachts seized at the start of the war for feelz have racking up millions in custodia legis expenses that may ultimately be borne by the US taxpayer.

Theres one of these super yachts docked in San Francisco with a skeleton crew.

Other nations around the word that jumped at the chance to seize a yacht are now realizing what they got themselves into ... looking at Italy and others
Teslag
AG

Quote:

What you fail utterly to grasp, still today, is that I think for myself

And you could easily do that without relying on those types of "perspectives".
fka ftc
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Reminder that all these super-yachts seized at the start of the war for feelz have racking up millions in custodia legis expenses that may ultimately be borne by the US taxpayer.

Theres one of these super yachts docked in San Francisco with a skeleton crew.

Other nations around the word that jumped at the chance to seize a yacht are now realizing what they got themselves into ... looking at Italy and others
I am certain that we will not only pay for those maintenance costs but will make ourselves liable for loss of use and deferred maintenance.

As long as the Dems and other globalist get free rides.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Ag with kids
AG
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Are wealthy ukrainians not allowed to drive what they wish?
Why are there wealthy Ukranians and in sufficient numbers to drive a car market?

One would think that with Zelensky asking the rest of the world to help save his most sovereign lands he would have depleted the accounts of "wealthy ukranians".

You see, you have fallen head over heels for corruption and grifting and fail to ever see that this was nothing more than a massive scam by one of the most corrupt countries in the history of the world - and then you want to blame things on Russians.
So wealth confiscation is something you support?

When are you wanting to implement it here?
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

When even Kim Dot Com uses "allegedly" you might want to take it with a massive boulder of salt.
The Community Notes on that one are amusing...
Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

Working on the missile that got downselected to be the PAC-3 (ERINT) was the second program I worked on out of school. That was some awesome tech.
fka ftc
Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Are wealthy ukrainians not allowed to drive what they wish?
Why are there wealthy Ukranians and in sufficient numbers to drive a car market?

One would think that with Zelensky asking the rest of the world to help save his most sovereign lands he would have depleted the accounts of "wealthy ukranians".

You see, you have fallen head over heels for corruption and grifting and fail to ever see that this was nothing more than a massive scam by one of the most corrupt countries in the history of the world - and then you want to blame things on Russians.
So wealth confiscation is something you support?

When are you wanting to implement it here?
What an impossibly moronic take.

How do you manage to correlate supporting wealth confiscation in the United States to Zelensky passing his hat around to foreign nations demanding they support his war efforts whilst not asking the same of his own countrymen?

I know you think you are caving skullz with your attempt at a bizarre gotchya, but it seems desperate and quite lame, even for you.

But I guess we can flip it back on you. Can we assume you support paying more taxes to support foreign war efforts in countries where their citizens are not called upon to contribute but instead take our support and use it for personal gain and extravagance? Is that what you were trying to say in your response?
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
nortex97
AG

BBC: fierce row over elections.

Death toll rises from massive winter storm.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

Western propaganda kept repeating that Russia's defeat on the battlefield was granted, the fact almost two years have passed and this did not happen, on the contrary Russia is winning, has been another disaster in terms of image for the "mighty West" and its "reliable" media.

Russia has lost over 60% of their gains since March of 2022 and is "winning" and their only victory since then is the village of Bakhmut which wasn't even taken by Russia, but by a PMC that no longer exists and their leader assasinated at their own hand.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

The Russian Army gained experience fighting against a powerful enemy, it adapted very well despite initial difficulties, gained the upper hand in electronic warfare, became top notch in drones warfare + Russian military industry has shown to be superior to the Western one.

So much stronger in fact, that two years later they are still completely and totally incapable of mounting any offensive worth a ***** Held completely at bay by piss ant Ukraine and a host of cast off old NATO weapons.
fka ftc
If Russia was as weak as some like to put forth over and over again, then they would be speaking Chinese and / or praying to Mecca 5 times a day.

But if someone wants to self-pleasure to bodies of stacked orcs than, though it is weird, it is their right.

I have not ready one unbiased source indicating that Russia is some failed state with a laughable military. It simply is NOT true.

nortex97
AG
Well, you know, we have to stop them in Ukraine or they will conquer Europe or something. But they are pathetic and weak. Trust Biden and the swamp plans.

It's a safe, practically-free, and effective war.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

I have not ready one unbiased source indicating that Russia is some failed state with a laughable military. It simply is NOT true.

What have you seen out of Russia in the past 18 months to indicate they have a powerful competent military?
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Quote:

What have you seen out of Russia in the past 18 months to indicate they have a powerful competent military?
Putin still in power, Russia still occupying parts of Ukraine, no one challenging Russia on other fronts (in any meaningful way). Those all point to a still strong Russia. Hell, Putin is better friends with Xi than Biden is... and we know Biden longs to be besties with the ChiComs (10% and all).

Meanwhile, you rely on Western media to tell you to fly the Blue/Yellow flag and to send all our money and spare weaponry to Ukraine so they can drive EVs and buy yachts whilst Russia wastes away into a global power has been.

So one just has to look logically at the current state of affairs, not tweets from filtered sources.

Teslag
AG
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

Putin still in power, Russia still occupying parts of Ukraine, no one challenging Russia on other fronts (in any meaningful way). Those all point to a still strong Russia. Hell, Putin is better friends with Xi than Biden is... and we know Biden longs to be besties with the ChiComs (10% and all).

Meanwhile, you rely on Western media to tell you to fly the Blue/Yellow flag and to send all our money and spare weaponry to Ukraine so they can drive EVs and buy yachts whilst Russia wastes away into a global power has been.

So one just has to look logically at the current state of affairs, not tweets from filtered sources.

None of this answers the question. It's all a dodge. If Russia has a strong military why have they lost 60% of their gains since March 2022? Why are they completely unable to mount an offensive? Why are they still stuck in a quagmire? Why can't they overpower a bunch of Ukrainians with NATO castoff equipment?
nortex97
AG
What is lacking is the empathy for those Ukrainians sacrificed on the altar of 'Muh, weakening Russia is worth it, and they want to fight!' That assertion has always been betrayed by the 'military age male refugee' population growing in Europe, but also by common sense in a country despotically throwing their remaining young male military age population into a hopeless battle.

The mythologized 'spring counteroffensive' gained something like a dozen square miles and since they have net retreated but we still have suckers in American media who champion this farce, which is amazing. It's a decreasing share of the public, though, which is good.

The same people/politics pushing this (nominally 'to protect Ukrainian sovereignty') domestically are pushing/supporting the invasion of America;

Some of us just won't believe in 'the new current thing…'

fka ftc
Teslag said:

None of this answers the question. It's all a dodge. If Russia has a strong military why have they lost 60% of their gains since March 2022? Why are they completely unable to mount an offensive? Why are they still stuck in a quagmire? Why can't they overpower a bunch of Ukrainians with NATO castoff equipment?
Its not a dodge. Its a direct response you just don't like.

If you want an answer to questions about Russia strategy in the Ukraine, then give Putin or one of his advisors a call and ask him.

Instead, you do exactly what you are trying to ridicule me for, using information available to arrive at a logical conclusion about the current state of affairs with Russia's military. I happen to like my logic and information sourcing better, but you do you.

Teslag
AG
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

If you want an answer to questions about Russia strategy in the Ukraine, then give Putin or one of his advisors a call and ask him.

Instead, you do exactly what you are trying to ridicule me for, using information available to arrive at a logical conclusion about the current state of affairs with Russia's military. I happen to like my logic and information sourcing better, but you do you.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

This is the answer to your question: If you want an answer to questions about Russia strategy in the Ukraine, then give Putin or one of his advisors a call and ask him.

It is impossible for either you or me to say definitively why Putin has not made more progress. Its not like he is out of troops, money, or weaponry. I surmise he is not pushing further because at this point he has determined it is not what he thinks is best. You think its because Zelensky is the world's most effective military strategist who defeated mother russia with a scrappy rag tag force and cast off NATO weapons.

That's not a dodge, its a DIRECT answer to your flippin question. Quit derailing with your "dodge" nonsense.

Teslag
AG
Russia isn't failing because of strategy. They are failing because they can't effectively kill the Ukrainians and push them back.

And you wont' address why. But you don't need to. Your refusal to do so is all the response we need.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Russia isn't failing because of strategy. They are failing because they can't effectively kill the Ukrainians and push them back.

And you wont' address why. But you don't need to. Your refusal to do so is all the response we need.
So I disagree with you and you think thats a refusal to answer your question?

Putin could pop a nuke off over Kiev if he wanted to just kill Ukranians. Are you saying he does not have nukes?

Teslag
AG
Why would he destroy what he wished to own? Putin hasn't conquered Ukraine because he can't.
fka ftc
Okay buddy. You have it all sorted out.

Question, does Zelensky want the territory Russia does control back? If so, why has he not crushed the incompetent, incapable Putin and Russian forces and get this conflict the **** over with.

Let's see what tap dancing you do on that one.

nortex97
AG
Once again the deflection from the war champion crowd is that Putin/Russia screwed up early in the war, so everything since is glamorous winning.

It's absurd. I really doubt Russia wants to actually control directly all of the remaining areas of Ukraine, but I am also pretty sure they favor a regime change in Kiev from the Nuland one. That seems very much so increasingly likely, based on the UFA generals shuffling going on.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Antonov-124 has been sitting at Toronto airport since 3-days after invasion racking up fees.

Why was the aircraft in Toronto in the first place?

To deliver 77-tons of covid test kits, of course.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

Question, does Zelensky want the territory Russia does control back? If so, why has he not crushed the incompetent, incapable Putin and Russian forces and get this conflict the **** over with.

Simple. He doesn't have the manpower and weaponry (including CAS) to overcome entrenched defensive positions.

See, that wasn't so hard to directly answer a question was it?
nortex97
AG
That's pretty damn funny. In all seriousness, I would be surprised if that plane can be returned to service now. All of the pneumatics/engines etc. on modern (or quasi-modern) aircraft like that require a ton of work to keep them close to airworthy. Davis Montham (AMARG) and even the covid downturn (ironically) had a lot about grounded widebodies (including the newest models) needing such maintenance/surveillance on the order of $30K-7 figures a month just to sustain. Add in a lot of Russian/Ukrainian bits and requirements and I doubt it is reliably flown again.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Quote:

Simple. He doesn't have the manpower and weaponry (including CAS) to overcome entrenched defensive positions.

See, that wasn't so hard to directly answer a question was it?
So its a stalemate which I discussed pages back. You think Putin is incapable of moving the lines, I posit the Putin is comfortable at the moment where the lines are.

However, you continue to suggest the Russian military is decimated and Putin is on his heels ready to tip over at a moment, and I just do not think that is so.

If Ukraine has received all the support the global community is willing to supply at the moment, then it would seem the wise thing to do is for Z to at least discuss a deal.

But for some reason you simply will not RESPECT someone else's perspective. Its bizarre, but you do you.

Teslag
AG

Quote:

However, you continue to suggest the Russian military is decimated and Putin is on his heels ready to tip over at a moment, and I just do not think that is so.

I've never said this. I said he's completely unable to mount an offensive and won't be against NATO weaponry. There's a difference. We agree it's a stalemate and that's the best either side can ever hope for. They just refuse to accept it.
fka ftc
nortex97 said:

That's pretty damn funny. In all seriousness, I would be surprised if that plane can be returned to service now. All of the pneumatics/engines etc. on modern (or quasi-modern) aircraft like that require a ton of work to keep them close to airworthy. Davis Montham (AMARG) and even the covid downturn (ironically) had a lot about grounded widebodies (including the newest models) needing such maintenance/surveillance on the order of $30K-7 figures a month just to sustain. Add in a lot of Russian/Ukrainian bits and requirements and I doubt it is reliably flown again.
Canada likely responsible for the maintenance / upkeep or to compensate for any loss should the aircraft be unable to return to service. US, Canada and others playing gimmicky somewhat foolish games with stunts like this. Putin will likely grab some more WNBA players or WSJ journalists if he really gets pressured by the oligarchs to have these assets returned.

Fun fact, appears the owner was part of the Michael Flynn "Russia Russia Russia" nonsense, though really in an adding fodder to fuel the fire sense.

nortex97
AG
I don't think the Russians are likely to ever get an award paid for by the Canadian government for losses. If Volga Dnepr plans to operate in Canada again, they will have to pay for the storage/handling fees etc. They're a 'niche' carrier to a large degree carrying outsize cargo, with around 12total A124's. This may seem like a 'win' to the infantile folks in Canada but in reality a lot of outsize needs from GE (such as shipping an assembled GE9X from Ohio to Washington this year for the 77x program), to Nasa to various missions to Africa involving humanitarian needs depend on them regularly.

Otherwise interesting comments today;

Quote:

NATO is sticking to its plan to contain Russia by sacrificing countless Ukrainian lives, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has said. His comments came after the bloc's Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg argued that the alliance was trying to prevent further escalation of tensions with Russia.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Peskov pointed out that, no matter what statements come out of NATO, the bloc was originally conceived and structured in a way that "essentially make it an instrument of confrontation with Russia and a means of containing it."

"So far, the alliance has not abandoned its plans to contain Russia and slaughter the Ukrainian people as ritual victims in the fight against Russia," Peskov said, noting that Moscow was planning its course of action taking these realities into account.
Teslag
AG
In summary, a Russian state media outlet blames NATO because Russia is having to kill Ukrainians for having the nerve to defend their own country.

Simply stunning.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.