Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

484,760 Views | 9120 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by YouBet
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GAC06 said:

Most people on this site minus 5-6 vocal posters

Raise your hand if you are surprised the Ukraine war hawks are buoyed by the idea of being on the majority and thus the "right" side.
nortex97
AG
LOL, indeed. The commander in chief's Chinese paymasters sure are working overtime to destroy us, in the meantime. Fentanyl, Ukraine war, open borders, prosecuting political opponents/dissent in the US, infected rats a la bubonic plague. Geeze.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
texagbeliever said:

GAC06 said:

Raise your hand if you are surprised the Ukraine war hawks are buoyed by the idea of being on the majority and thus the "right" side.

This is my surprised face.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
You didnt stay long or say much.

Is that because this thread is less fun now that NYT made Uke propaganda obvious? Was celebrating 1-2 meters of "gains" always a bit or did it just recently get old? Is the breakthrough coming?
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Robert L. Peters
Fanbois: a few hundred thousand lives are nothing when WE are fighting for their freedom!
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

True.

Quote:

Biden managed in less than 3 years, to create a powerful Russian army, with the greatest military experience, to unite Russia even more.

He created the most powerful military organization Wagner.
It encouraged the Russians to innovate and in 1 year to create the most powerful military drones and huge advances in military technology and civilian technology, anti-aircraft equipment and ultra-powerful communication warfare systems.

Holy Russian Fan Fiction Batman
Teslag
AG

Quote:

Peace was on the table in April 2022. Instead we decided to force the Russians to become the monsters we always imagined them to be.

Peace was on the table AFTER they invaded a sovereign neighbor? Then we forced them to be bad after that fact? GTFOH

Teslag
AG
Don't worry folks, this guy is totally not Russian propaganda and is the equal of the US mainstream media.

J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

GAC06 said:

Who are the "Ukraine war hawks"? I see a number of people who understand that Putin is 100% at fault for the war and could end it whenever he wants to but not seeing very many "war hawks." Seems like it's almost solely people who want the war to end asap with Russia going home.
Teslag
AG
Agreed, I'd prefer that Putin end his war and bring peace to Ukraine by the end of the day. If he never invades in February of 2022 then thousands upon thousands of lives are spared.
texagbeliever
J. Walter Weatherman said:

texagbeliever said:

GAC06 said:

Who are the "Ukraine war hawks"? I see a number of people who understand that Putin is 100% at fault for the war and could end it whenever he wants to but not seeing very many "war hawks." Seems like it's almost solely people who want the war to end asap with Russia going home.

Well some of us adults don't live in a delusional utopia fantasy land where evil people are contained by feelings of good. Evil is stopped by strength. The fact the USA and west showed extreme levels of weakness opened the opportunity to Russia. They seeing a chance to increase their military and economic situation launched the war. It is rational behavior by Putin.

The fact that history for centuries has had countless wars over issues is a sign that war is a part of life and is no more extinguishable then thought crimes.
Teslag
AG
Quote:

where evil people are contained by feelings of good. Evil is stopped by strength.

And yet this thread's solution to that evil is full capitulation.
nortex97
AG
RT from Danilov: Kiev has no counter-offensive time table. LOL.

Quote:

There is no timetable for progress in Ukraine's much-touted military counteroffensive, Aleksey Danilov, the head of its National Security and Defense Council, has claimed. His comments come amid reports that the country's Western backers are frustrated by Kiev's failure to make substantial battlefield gains.

Speaking on national TV on Wednesday, Danilov stressed that "no one but us can impose deadlines" and "there is no schedule" for the counteroffensive which Moscow claims has not managed to gain any ground.

He also lashed out at those who raise the issue in the first place, insisting that only "those who don't understand what war means" indulge in such speculation.

According to Danilov, he has never used the word "counteroffensive" to describe the ongoing fighting in Ukraine. "There are military actions, they are complex, difficult, [and] depend on many factors," the official explained. He added that Kiev's troops have adopted a NATO system which he said means that it is up to local commanders to choose a particular tactic to accomplish a greater objective.
So, Ukraine's defense minister denies the mythologized counteroffensive exists as well! I feel so vindicated.

Now, also, what a subtle shift to a future narrative where 'well, the local commanders failed, we gave them full authority.'
fka ftc
texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

GAC06 said:

Well some of us adults don't live in a delusional utopia fantasy land where evil people are contained by feelings of good. Evil is stopped by strength. The fact the USA and west showed extreme levels of weakness opened the opportunity to Russia. They seeing a chance to increase their military and economic situation launched the war. It is rational behavior by Putin.

The fact that history for centuries has had countless wars over issues is a sign that war is a part of life and is no more extinguishable then thought crimes.

Well said. It's clear some do live in utter delusion where they can cast moral judgments near and far but never have any ownership in consequences of their judgment nor do they ever show an ability to see multiple layers and angles of an incredibly complex situation.

They have to boil it down to a Vince Young level of comprehension with "Putin bad, Putin invaded, Putin should be tried and hung, Bodies of conscripted Rooskie soldiers should be stacked high". Zero ability to comprehend your excellent take on how the situation in Ukraine went from potential to actual conflict.
J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

GAC06 said:

Evil is stopped by strength.

So you agree we should be providing aid to
Ukraine then? Guess there's a new member of the "war hawks" team.
Teslag
AG
I like how you just said "**** it, I'm going to directly cite Russia Today for my info".

But Russian state media isn't propaganda.
texagbeliever
Teslag said:

Quote:

where evil people are contained by feelings of good. Evil is stopped by strength.

I get you can't understand strategic economic and military maneuvers and the ways this catastrophe could have been largely avoided. I and others raised great points on how to really cripple the economy of Russia. But that would have contradicted your and the lefts God of ESG (climate change). So here we are as a consequence of your liberal friends. A destroyed and devastated Ukraine. But hey you were so manly and dedicated in your cheerleadering. So keep your chin up.
Teslag
AG
texagbeliever said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

I get you can't understand strategic economic and military maneuvers and the ways this catastrophe could have been largely avoided. I and others raised great points on how to really cripple the economy of Russia. But that would have contradicted your and the lefts God of ESG (climate change). So here we are as a consequence of your liberal friends. A destroyed and devastated Ukraine. But hey you were so manly and dedicated in your cheerleadering. So keep your chin up.

1. I'm not a liberal. Not even remotely. But I get how it makes things easier for you lump people together. You need that simplistic world view.

2. That's a lot of words to say you really don't believe in applying strength to combat Russia.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Quote:

Flagged. Not one person has advocated for "full capitulation". Well, unless you mean you and others saying Russia should give up all of its regional interests and trust their adversaries to keep the peace and pursue things that benefit Russia.

Russia has the inherent right to defend not just within its borders but areas that may impact them. Not sure if you remember, but we went into Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, Vietnam, Central America, etc to maintain our interests.
texagbeliever
Teslag said:

texagbeliever said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

1. I'm not a liberal. Not even remotely. But I get how it makes things easier for you lump people together. You need that simplistic world view.

2. That's a lot of words to say you really don't believe in applying strength to combat Russia.

Salute the vaccine you are a liberal. Why our resident liberals fight so hard against an obvious fact is always a head scratcher. Take pride in who you are.
texagbeliever
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

Flagged. Not one person has advocated for "full capitulation". Well, unless you mean you and others saying Russia should give up all of its regional interests and trust their adversaries to keep the peace and pursue things that benefit Russia.

Russia has the inherent right to defend not just within its borders but areas that may impact them. Not sure if you remember, but we went into Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, Vietnam, Central America, etc to maintain our interests.

That's different. When we dropped napalm on Vietnam citizens and Cambodians we were doing so in the name of democracy. So good.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

I like how you just said "**** it, I'm going to directly cite Russia Today for my info".

Everything you do not agree with is "much propaganda". Pretty annoying and should not be allowed as it is continue trolling with zero effort made to discuss / debate issues and information.
Teslag
AG
texagbeliever said:

Teslag said:

texagbeliever said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

Salute the vaccine you are a liberal. Why our resident liberals fight so hard against an obvious fact is always a head scratcher. Take pride in who you are.

Liberals are anti gun control, anti trans policies, anti blm, anti esg, anti woke, anti income tax, anti government regulation and mandates, two time trump voters (and will be a 3rd if nominated), etc?

Interesting theory.
Teslag
AG
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Everything you do not agree with is "much propaganda". Pretty annoying and should not be allowed as it is continue trolling with zero effort made to discuss / debate issues and information.

So Russia Today isn't propaganda? Are you seriously going to make that claim?
fka ftc
Teslag said:

fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

So Russia Today isn't propaganda? Are you seriously going to make that claim?

I am seriously making the claim that ANYTHING that Teslag does not agree with is immediately labeled "Russian propaganda". I quoted my post so you can see again what I wrote and maybe try and understand / comprehend it this time.
Teslag
AG
Do you or do you not agree that Russia Today is propaganda? And that it is owned by RIA Novosti, a state-owned Russian media company?
GAC06
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Is that because this thread is less fun now that NYT made Uke propaganda obvious? Was celebrating 1-2 meters of "gains" always a bit or did it just recently get old? Is the breakthrough coming?

Are you going to track my presence on this thread now? Go ahead and mark me present this morning laughing at the latest updates from RT.
texagbeliever

[Stop derailing the thread and insulting other posters or earn some time off -- Staff]
nortex97
AG

[We were clear that insulting others would result in time off -- Staff]
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Are you going to track my presence on this thread now? Go ahead and mark me present this morning laughing at the latest updates from RT.
Did you have any answers? I'd like to hear your thoughts...

fka ftc
PlaneCrashGuy said:

GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Along with their friends who troll this thread calling people Putin fanbois, Russian intelligence plants or purveyors of Russian propaganda, they do not seek discussion. They only seek to silence any dissenting views of their most fabulous, most sovereign Ukraine and its brave wonderful leader Zelensky.

If it helps, just imagine they are Vindman with a keyboard and TexAgs account and you can get a pretty accurate idea of who they are.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

But for a third time, the issue is not who owns what or what source is quoted… if it critical of Ukraine or does not fit Teslag's narrative, you reply consistently, incessantly, and quite frankly disrespectfully to those posters labeling them as Putin puppets, Russian propagandists, or members of the Russia intelligence service.

This is incorrect. There are plenty of non-propaganda posts critical of Ukraine on this thread. However, there are many that aren't like Scott Ritter, Russia Today, russian aligned twitter accounts, etc that should be disregarded and ridiculed for what they are.

If someone is parroting, citing, and giving credence to actual Russian state affiliated media outlets then they will be called what they are at that point.

As I have said many times, there are many valid critiques of this war against Ukraine and our involvement that dont' need the assistance of actual Russian propaganda or talking points.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Quote:

But for a third time, the issue is not who owns what or what source is quoted… if it critical of Ukraine or does not fit Teslag's narrative, you reply consistently, incessantly, and quite frankly disrespectfully to those posters labeling them as Putin puppets, Russian propagandists, or members of the Russia intelligence service.

This is incorrect. There are plenty of non-propaganda posts critical of Ukraine on this thread. However, there are many that aren't like Scott Ritter, Russia Today, russian aligned twitter accounts, etc that should be disregarded and ridiculed for what they are.

If someone is parroting, citing, and giving credence to actual Russian state affiliated media outlets then they will be called what they are at that point.

As I have said many times, there are many valid critiques of this war against Ukraine and our involvement that dont' need the assistance of actual Russian propaganda or talking points.

That's pretty comical. I have never, ever quoted or sourced a post of mine from anyone or anything affiliated with those you mention. Yet many times you have accused me of promoting Russia propaganda or parroting Putin talking points.

Care to explain those ad homs and blatantly false information posts? Again, you troll and ad hom constantly on this thread and it sucks.

Now for the 4th time in the last 30 minutes, do you care to discuss or name call?
ABATTBQ11
AG
fka ftc said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

GAC06 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Along with their friends who troll this thread calling people Putin fanbois, Russian intelligence plants or purveyors of Russian propaganda, they do not seek discussion. They only seek to silence any dissenting views of their most fabulous, most sovereign Ukraine and its brave wonderful leader Zelensky.

If it helps, just imagine they are Vindman with a keyboard and TexAgs account and you can get a pretty accurate idea of who they are.

The irony of someone posting this and continually citing the literal mouthpieces of the Russian government as purveyors of fact beyond reproach is palpable. You say picture them as Vindman with a keyboard, but maybe you should picture yourself as Scott Ritter.
Teslag
AG
Who said I was referring to you?

At 8:17am today Nortex linked and cited an article from Russia Today. He also cited and referenced a twitter account that routinely sings the praises of Vladimir Putin as a leader.
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.