Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

477,968 Views | 9113 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by nortex97
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tyler has in general been a war cheerleader but this is an interesting sequence/admission. More propaganda roll back.

fka ftc
Teslag said:

fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

fka ftc said:

Questioning mainstream media is nothing but Russia propaganda to some trolly trollers that may post here.

One can easily question mainstream media without having to prop up and support Russian propaganda and state affiliated media.

You are right. And folks like nortex and myself have done it since day one of this conflict but all you can retort with are ad homs claiming Russian propagandists and Putin puppets. Try and do better and engage in discussion versus attacking those with a different view on the conflict than the one you have and your repeated demands to stack bodies of Russian conscripted soldiers.

So when nortex has cited information from wargonzo, Donbas devushka, and Scott Ritter in the past he was not propping up Russian propaganda? Hell we have even had posters directly reference Russia Today on this thread.
Then why not say why, with supporting info, those sources are pure "Russian propaganda" rather than accusing the poster of propping up and supporting Russian propaganda when they are only sharing information on Ukraine... from another perspective.

But your retort here continues to be without merit as you have oft accused me of parroting Russian propaganda when I would not even know where to find such stuff. You simply label a different view as opposition propaganda whether someone is just citing another source or if someone simply disagrees with your chosen narrative.
Teslag
AG
We have repeatedly called them out as propaganda. Then you question why we think they are, despite when we directly linking their ties to Russian state media. Or in wargonzo's case, being shot in a Russian trench carrying an AK.
fka ftc
Who is we and what gives you any sort of authority? You are more often wrong than write (as folks have pointed out… vaccines and such).

So you and "we" labeling things as propaganda feels like propaganda in and of itself.
Ag with kids
AG
fka ftc said:

Who is we and what gives you any sort of authority? You are more often wrong than write (as folks have pointed out… vaccines and such).

So you and "we" labeling things as propaganda feels like propaganda in and of itself.
Heheheheh
10thYrSr
Teslag said:

We have repeatedly called them out as propaganda. Then you question why we think they are, despite when we directly linking their ties to Russian state media. Or in wargonzo's case, being shot in a Russian trench carrying an AK.

I don't agree with the sentiment that Russian news outlets (although they may be state owned) are to be discounted. They are to be trusted just as much as any media sources.

What understanding do you have that leads you to believe you are getting "THE TRUTH" through your media outlets and Everything else is despicable lies?

We are all just consuming whatever information comes in. You choose to deny the validity of certain sources, but your filter doesn't apply to everyone and your understanding may be correct for you, but not others.

Your inability to entertain other viewpoints may limit your discussion value when you interact with others.
Teslag
AG
Quote:

don't agree with the sentiment that Russian news outlets (although they may be state owned) are to be discounted. They are to be trusted just as much as any media sources.

wow

I like the slow creep from "stop calling it Russian propaganda" to "so what if it is Russian propaganda, it's all equal".
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
"Hunter Bidens laptop is Russian propaganda" should be added to that meme making fun of Tesla. What a dumb ass hahaha
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Teslag
AG
If you can find where I said the hunter biden laptop was Russian propaganda I'll leave this website and never return and wire $1,000 directly into your account.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
My god you might actually be 85 iq. I'll try spell it out more plainly.

When Hunters laptop story was breaking, it was ignored because it was considered Russian propaganda.

You're making the same mistake now. You've been doing it since the war started…. which is why that meme is do damn funny. I'd bet your Tesla I could find every one of those takes (and worse) in your receipts drawer.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Teslag
AG
So your contention is that because of hunter Bidens laptop Russian propaganda does not exist?
Teslag
AG
And fun fact, hunter bidens laptop wasn't published by Russia Today, Russian state media, or any number of Russian mil bloggers.

It was published by American media being the Washington Examiner. So maybe cool it with the terrible reach and hysterics here.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Yeah guys. Never mind WaPo and NYT, CNN, MSNBC squashing the story, Washington examiner was on the case!

Teslag
AG
Again, no one here is questioning Washington examiner and no should they. You seem to think that because of hunter Bidens laptop actual Russian propaganda does not exist.
Teslag
AG
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu-ministers-discuss-20-bln-euro-plan-ukraine-military-aid-2023-07-19/

And so much for those cracks forming. The EU is now set to announce $22 billion in Ukraine aid and long term security assurances.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
You were in the army, right?

10thYrSr
Teslag said:

Again, no one here is questioning Washington examiner and no should they. You seem to think that because of hunter Bidens laptop actual Russian propaganda does not exist.

Russian propaganda exists, but you seem to dismiss American and Ukrainian propaganda. Do you agree that America and Ukraine deploy propaganda? Furthermore, do you admit that you are a victim of said propaganda? You post from a position of authority that couldn't be more misguided. You aren't open to alternatives, so you continue to be a mouthpiece (and LOUD might I add) that is cheerleading a team you have no business being a part of.

And you as a warmonger, don't understand that people are trying to save lives by urging Ukraine to negotiate peace.
nortex97
AG
Fairly dramatic saber rattling at least:

Quote:

President Aleksandr Lukashenko has just sought authorization from the All-Belarusian People's Assembly, the power to send military abroad.

President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, did the same thing in Russia two days before invasion on Ukraine.
Does this mean Belarus is entering the Ukraine situation? Or is Belarus going to do something . . . else? Like with Poland, or the Suwalki Gap in Lithuania?

This is an extremely unexpected, and VERY serious development in eastern Europe.
LOL @ the myth:
Quote:

Putin claims Ukrainian counteroffensive 'failed': Russian news agencies

Vladimir Putin told his Belarus counterpart Alexander Lukashenko that an ongoing Ukrainian counteroffensive to push back Russian forces from Ukraine has "failed", according to Russian news agencies.

"There is no counteroffensive," Lukashenko said, according to the TASS news agency, before being interrupted by Putin: "There is one, but it has failed."

Lukashenko is currently on a working visit to Russia
More (RT):
Quote:

According to the Financial Times, while Western officials have publicly tried to put a positive spin on Ukraine's military efforts, many were less optimistic in private conversations.

The paper quoted Philip Zelikow, a history professor at the University of Virginia and former diplomat, who warned that Ukraine was "moving towards what could be a winter of discontent." He expressed the view that Kiev would experience devastating economic consequences from the conflict, while its Western allies are already bearing significant costs to keep the cash-strapped Ukrainian government afloat.

Also on Friday, President Vladimir Putin told the Russian Security Council that Western nations had to be disappointed with the counteroffensive's results, and that "the colossal amounts of resources that were pumped into the Kiev regime" had not helped to break through Russian defenses. He also said that Ukraine had lost "tens of thousands of troops" as a result of its "suicidal attacks."
Russians-Ukrainians point fingers about whose missile struck a church:

Quote:

The Russian defence ministry has denied that the intended target of strikes in Odesa was the Orthodox Cathedral.

"The information disseminated by the Kyiv regime about the defeat as a result of the use of high-precision weapons of the Transfiguration Cathedral in the city of Odessa is not true," Interfax cites a statement by the ministry.

It said that they were planning strikes "based on information carefully verified and confirmed through several channels, deliberately excluding the defeat of civilian facilities where civilians are located, as well as objects of cultural and historical heritage."

The ministry said it was more likely a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile that caused the damage.
Quote:

Given the video footage from the Transfiguration church published by local residents, the most likely cause of its destruction was the fall of a Ukrainian anti-aircraft guided missile as a result of the illiterate actions of the operators of air defence systems, which the armed forces of Ukraine deliberately place in residential areas of settlements, including in the city of Odessa.

Very interesting developments:
Quote:

• The Polish deputy foreign minister, Pawel Jablonski, has said his meeting with the Russian ambassador to Poland after he was summoned after Vladimir Putin alleged Poland harboured territorial ambitions in western Ukraine was "very brief".
  • The director of the CIA has been made a cabinet member by the US president, Joe Biden, who said the agency has been providing "good intelligence, delivered with honesty and integrity".

So, does that mean the CIA director would be directly/actively involved in any 25th amendment cabinet decisions to remove the senile commander in chief? I assume so. Speaking of our government and what we 'should' be allowed to read/post regarding the news, I note our fascist, racist, nazi-supporting, pro-war dementia patient CINC also mouthed off about looking for a crime from the twitter owner, Elon Musk, involving foreign powers:

Some updates:

Teslag
AG
"The counteroffensive is a myth and isn't happening"

Also

"We desperately want Ukraine to end this offensive that isn't happening for peace with mother Russia"
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

You were in the army, right?

Still am.
Teslag
AG
10thYrSr said:

Teslag said:

Russian propaganda exists, but you seem to dismiss American and Ukrainian propaganda. Do you agree that America and Ukraine deploy propaganda? Furthermore, do you admit that you are a victim of said propaganda? You post from a position of authority that couldn't be more misguided. You aren't open to alternatives, so you continue to be a mouthpiece (and LOUD might I add) that is cheerleading a team you have no business being a part of.

And you as a warmonger, don't understand that people are trying to save lives by urging Ukraine to negotiate peace.

Russia is at 100% fault for this invasion. I would like nothing more for them to return to their home and end this fighting and spare all the lives involved. Hell I wouldn't even mind if they agreed to their current borders right now and allowed Ukraine into NATO to assure no further intrusions in the future.

Now do you think Russia would go for that?
fka ftc
Ag with kids said:

fka ftc said:

Heheheheh

Meh, sometimes simple mistakes happen when one has been awake for the better part of 24 hours and just got back from a long flight. But I as well chuckled. Spelling errors vs being wrong on things that really matter. I will take that criticism any day of the week and twice on sundaes.
Rongagin71
AG
With a cherry on top.
fka ftc
nortex97
AG
Today in history, perhaps worth reflecting on another time when some lone idiot/small group triggered a larger conflagration over stuff almost no one cared about.

The Gray Zone: How Biden's corruption led to Ukraine's destruction:
Quote:

Former Ukrainian diplomat and political insider Andrii Telizhenko now under US sanctions on what he says are false grounds speaks out.

Former Ukrainian government official and diplomat Andrii Telizhenko joins Aaron Mat to discuss how, in his view, powerful US figures including Joe Biden have used Ukraine for personal corruption and the geopolitical aim of bleeding Russia all to the detriment of Ukrainians.

Telizhenko worked for the Ukrainian prosecutor general's office in Kyiv before moving to Ukraine's US Embassy in 2015. He went on to work for Blue Star Strategies, a Democrat-run lobbying firm that represented Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company that appointed Biden's son Hunter to a lucrative board seat.

Telizhenko, who cooperated with Rudy Giuliani's effort to dig up information about the Bidens' alleged corruption in Ukraine, has been sanctioned by the US Treasury Department for "having directly or indirectly engaged in, sponsored, concealed, or otherwise been complicit in foreign influence in a United States election."

nortex97
AG
LOL @ Hotair wondering why we are doing this still, and also not noticing the grain deal/strikes on agricultural-related infrastructure (port facilities) etc. are related to the silly/ineffective UFA attack on the Kerch bridge;

Quote:

How much longer are we expected to keep this up? We're well into the second year of the war and there has been no significant movement in the lines for months. Any suggestions of a negotiated peace deal are shouted down and those bringing up the idea are labeled as "Putin stooges." All the while, we continue to flush endless resources into a country that is in ruins as we cheer on Ukraine's forces toward some eventual supposed "victory" that nobody seems to be able to define.

Meanwhile, Russia is making the situation worse not only for Ukraine but for much of the rest of the world now that the grain export deal has gone off the tracks. As The Dispatch pointed out this weekend, any insecurity for the cargo ships in the Black Sea will impact millions of people almost immediately.
Quote:

Russia's withdrawal from the initiative, which relied entirely on both sides' mutual commitment not to attack merchant vessels, is having immediate repercussions. Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova warned Monday that Russia could no longer guarantee the safety of ships traversing the shipping route. To drive the message home, Russia has carried out several missile and drone attacks targeting Ukraine's Black Sea ports of Odessa and Chornomorsk since pulling out of the initiative, striking at infrastructure used for grain shipments as well as residential areas.

"Russian terrorists deliberately targeted the infrastructure of the grain agreement," Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky wrote on Telegram Wednesday, "and every Russian missile is a blow not only to Ukraine, but also to everyone in the world who seeks a normal and safe life."
You can point out how Russia is behaving terribly and what a terrible person Vladimir Putin is until you are blue in the face. Putin doesn't care. And he's obviously not planning on stopping this war until he can lay claim to something resembling victory back home. Not only could the Ukrainian forces never successfully invade Russia and take Moscow, but it's looking increasingly as if they will not be able to drive the Russians out of the territory they now hold.

The linked article from Yahoo News asks the critical question. "How long will Western patience hold?" According to Joe Biden and his supporters, the answer is still "as long as it takes." This is a completely unacceptable answer. Is anyone really in the mood to see this turn into another Afghanistan and stand by for a decade or more while we empty our own military resources and flush endless money into a stalled military front? If Putin is offered some sort of an off-ramp that his ego will allow him to accept, he'll take it. Bravery is wonderful, but smart people also recognize a lost cause when they see one. We need to be pushing for a negotiated settlement and put aside this fantasy of Zelensky being some sore of strategic genius.
No kidding Jazz. Thanks for noticing at least.

Similarly, more on that DoD IG report about fraud/theft of what we are shipping over there in money and equipment.

Biden replicating Wilson will incite a Great War in Europe:

Quote:

Wilson's vision that Bergmann wants Biden to emulate, however, may instead of undermining Putin's rule make him stronger or, conversely, lead to a military coup that could end up widening and escalating the current regional war in Europe. Wilson did not end up making the world safe for democracy. Instead, he set the stage for a global war that nearly ended democracy.

Winston Churchill in The Gathering Storm once called Russian policy a "riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma," but the key, he said, was Russian national interests. Russian national interests whether Putin is in power or not include a Ukraine that is not part of a hostile military alliance. Any settlement that places Ukraine in NATO may, like the peace that ended World War I, be only a prelude to a greater conflict in the future.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

If Putin is offered some sort of an off-ramp that his ego will allow him to accept, he'll take it.

From your article. This is incredibly nave. One thing I've learned that the pro-Russian side does is push for "peace" but they never outline what that peace entails and what it would take for Putin to agree to this "peace". Further, under what terms do they believe Ukraine is entitled to keep fighting?
nortex97
AG
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

Quote:

If Putin is offered some sort of an off-ramp that his ego will allow him to accept, he'll take it.

From your article. This is incredibly nave. One thing I've learned that the pro-Russian side does is push for "peace" but they never outline what that peace entails and what it would take for Putin to agree to this "peace". Further, under what terms do they believe Ukraine is entitled to keep fighting?
Ukraine has agreed to "peace" deals with Russia before. In 2014, they signed the Minsk and Minsk II agreements that ended hostilities...

And yet here we are with Russia knee deep up their ass again.

How long would the next "peace" agreement last? By that, I mean, how long before Russia would want to invade Ukraine again...

texagbeliever
Ag with kids said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

Ukraine has agreed to "peace" deals with Russia before. In 2014, they signed the Minsk and Minsk II agreements that ended hostilities...

And yet here we are with Russia knee deep up their ass again.

How long would the next "peace" agreement last? By that, I mean, how long before Russia would want to invade Ukraine again...

So the only option is to nuke the Kremlin? Seriously if no peace deal is tolerable then that should be your stance.

Peace deals throughout all of history are broken left and right once one side feels like they gain a new advantage and thus the terms are no longer reflective of the current means of war. Which is what happened when Biden took office and covid hit.

If you want to blame the war on someone blame China (Trump voice) and the Chinese political puppets in America, France, Germany and UK.
Teslag
AG
I'm going to blame the side that sent soldiers and tanks across the boundaries of a sovereign nation. I've been clear on what I think a fair peace could be. Your side cannot and will not. And that's problematic.
texagbeliever
Teslag said:

I'm going to blame the side that sent soldiers and tanks across the boundaries of a sovereign nation. I've been clear on what I think a fair peace could be. Your side cannot and will not. And that's problematic.

Cool. Ignore all of history and basic human psychology because "feelings". That will work out great for you and I'm sure will make brilliant world politic strategy.
Teslag
AG
I'm choosing to relying on clear delineations and fact, And I apply the same to any "peace". You want to blame the rape victim for wearing the short dress.

You want peace, but you just dont' want to tell anyone what that is.
texagbeliever
Teslag said:

I'm choosing to relying on clear delineations and fact, And I apply the same to any "peace". You want to blame the rape victim for wearing the short dress.

You want peace, but you just dont' want to tell anyone what that is.

You pro Ukraine war guys really are fixated on rape. It is weird. Ukraine lacked the means to defend themselves and their "western allies" lack the means as well.

You expect Russia to just say oh we are sorry let's pay hundreds of billions to Ukraine in reparations and return to their country. Your posting style is a combination of Biden Harris one. That is to be so debased from reality and repetitive people can't take you seriously.
Teslag
AG

Quote:

You expect Russia to just say oh we are sorry let's pay hundreds of billions to Ukraine in reparations and return to their country.

Where have I said this? I've been clear that I would fine if they agreed to current fronts as new borders, ceased hostilities, and Ukraine joined NATO to prevent any further aggression on the part of the instigator.

Think Russia would go for that pace?
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.