Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

477,299 Views | 9113 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by nortex97
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Biden is a senile idiot that suffers from dementia.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Teslag said:

Germany just announced another massive aid package for Ukraine despite some on this thread pushing the "coalition is fracturing" bit.

If what's happening to Europe and NATO is "fracturing", then give me an extra helping of it.
Trolling I realize is permitted on this thread

Correct, as is blatant Russian propaganda.

There's only a rule against 1 of those 2 things though, so you're not really answering the question.

I award you 1 virtual pat on the top of the head for your effort.

Lol there is definitely a "rumor, unconfirmed or false information" flag. Try again.

While you are correct, you have refuted nothing.

The Russian side of the story has a seat at the table in this discussion. Trolling does not, yet the same posters show up here to do it every day with impunity.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Teslag said:

Germany just announced another massive aid package for Ukraine despite some on this thread pushing the "coalition is fracturing" bit.

If what's happening to Europe and NATO is "fracturing", then give me an extra helping of it.

There's only a rule against 1 of those 2 things though, so you're not really answering the question.

Lol there is definitely a "rumor, unconfirmed or false information" flag. Try again.

The Russian side of the story has a seat at the table in this discussion. Trolling does not, yet the same posters show up here to do it every day with impunity.

Oh yes, our apologies for breaking up your Russian safe space thread by questioning sources that in some cases are literally paid by Russia.

Clearly you are interested in an actual discussion and not just trolling:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Has anyone seen Zelensky punching air? To be a fly on the wall in that room

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

Such bravery. Such strength.

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Would any supporters of the Ukelele like to defend this? Or will you be sitting this one out?

If you want to openly cheer for a murdering dictator more power to you, but you should probably also be ready for people to disagree with/make fun of you.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Teslag said:

Oh yes, our apologies for breaking up your Russian safe space thread by questioning sources that in some cases are literally paid by Russia.

Clearly you are interested in an actual discussion and not just trolling:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Has anyone seen Zelensky punching air? To be a fly on the wall in that room

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

Such bravery. Such strength.

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Would any supporters of the Ukelele like to defend this? Or will you be sitting this one out?

If you want to openly cheer for a murdering dictator more power to you, but you should probably also be ready for people to disagree with/make fun of you.

My question was why is trolling allowed in this thread. Idk what you're on about but I applaud the high effort post.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
rgag12
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Teslag said:

I am not pro-Russian, and I am not a "everything anti-ukraine is propaganda" guy, but the moderation of the two threads is one of the worst double standards I've ever seen on this forum.

The "strategy and tactics" thread is full of non-strategy and pro-Ukrainian information/propaganda. If you post anything contrary or refute a pro-Ukrainian notion your post gets taken down or you may even get banned.

On this thread, the pro-Russian information/propaganda thread, anything goes. If you refute a pro-Russian notion your post stays up and you are allowed to troll/contribute nothing to the discussion.
fka ftc
Brave man to call this out, but you are correct.
nortex97
AG

This is a vastly better thread, imho.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I didn't even mention a double standard, just asked why trolling is so obviously allowed in this thread. The weatherman tried to make it about the double standard; I guess because the double standard is that bad? I'm just asking questions. I love this site or I wouldn't be here.

Teslag
AG
Your problem is assuming that anyone the disagrees with you or ridicules obvious pro-Russia propaganda sources is "trolling".
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

Your problem is assuming that anyone the disagrees with you or ridicules obvious pro-Russia propaganda sources is "trolling".

If you want to hash out how much of your posting in here was trolling vs legit criticisms than I'm in (because I can see the difference and have watched you do both)

But I'd wager you'll assert that there hasn't been any trolling in this thread, and thats just obviously untrue to anyone watching. (like rgag)

nortex97
AG
Sharing just because I kinda like Kotkin even tho he is a liberal in many respects (Hoover institute). Interesting Bush school discussion re: Russia/Stalin leadership and references a lot of context discussed here.

Anyway, I will put my "putin fan boy" persona back on tomorrow, if allowed. Have a good evening, all, including my fan club members.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

If you want to hash out how much of your posting in here was trolling vs legit criticisms than I'm in (because I can see the difference and have watched you do both)

But I'd wager you'll assert that there hasn't been any trolling in this thread, and thats just obviously untrue to anyone watching. (like rgag)

Has anyone flagged anything on this thread? I'm pretty sure that's the only way staff even looks at posts for removal. The majority of people on the tactical thread don't want to muddy it up with the political discussions, which staff seems fine with and clearly has allowed on numerous other threads. If you want this to be an only pro-Russia propaganda safe space thread I'm sure you can start flagging anyone questioning the bulletproof "substack author is 'hearing from people'" sources provided too, just seems kind of boring to me. And since most of your posts are just trolling anyways it also seems kind of strange that you're even complaining.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Well, you could stop...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Has anyone flagged anything on this thread? I'm pretty sure that's the only way staff even looks at posts for removal. The majority of people on the tactical thread don't want to muddy it up with the political discussions, which staff seems fine with and clearly has allowed on numerous other threads. If you want this to be an only pro-Russia propaganda safe space thread I'm sure you can start flagging anyone questioning the bulletproof "substack author is 'hearing from people'" sources provided too, just seems kind of boring to me. And since most of your posts are just trolling anyways it also seems kind of strange that you're even complaining.

Can you link the post you saw me "complain" in? That was never my intention so I'll edit.

With that said: I've asked why they allow it and I think I just found my answer. Thanks for sharing your guess at the reason why. I'm inclined to believe it because it makes sense to me.

It makes sense because well, patterns.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-worked-ukraine-intelligence-agency-remove-social-media-accounts-house-judiciary-report

Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Can you link the post you saw me "complain" in? That was never my intention so I'll edit.

With that said: I've asked why they allow it and I think I just found my answer. Thanks for sharing your guess at the reason why. I'm inclined to believe it because it makes sense to me.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-worked-ukraine-intelligence-agency-remove-social-media-accounts-house-judiciary-report

Hmmm...cool.

And all the pro-Russia propaganda on this thread is still here.

Good on staph for telling the FBI to suck it...
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

This sure sounds like complaining about trolling to me, so if that's not your intention it might be worth editing. Doesn't really bother me either way though since it's pretty clear you don't actually take any of this that seriously (which I actually agree with since it's an internet message board and nothing we say here actually matters).
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
*shocked confusion*

But you have mistaken inquisitiveness for complaint. I'm glad we could clear this up.

Ag with kids
AG

PlaneCrashGuy said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

Quote:

This sure sounds like complaining about trolling to me, so if that's not your intention it might be worth editing. Doesn't really bother me either way though since it's pretty clear you don't actually take any of this that seriously (which I actually agree with since it's an internet message board and nothing we say here actually matters).
C@LAg
fka ftc
It's good to see Great Z wore his dress Olive shirt with his Olive adidas pants.

Cannot wait until he partners with Kanye on a clothing line using captured Russian soldiers as labor.

And the summit going on right now with all the talk of NATO is poking the Russian bear. Add in continued criticism of Israel cracking down on terrorists and it seems the good ol global rhetoric is being stirred and heated.

No worries, o am sure Biden will appoint Kamala czar of world peace and fix it all.
nortex97
AG

Couldn't decide which response was funniest.

Teslag
AG
Quote:

Without NATO's direct military intervention, Ukraine will perish, making Zelensky a dead man walking.

Perish from what? A sternly worded letter from Putin with the threat of using the super secret stash of effective weapons they don't have?
GinMan
AG

Teslag
AG
France, on the heels of Germany doing the same, announces another military aid package. More cracks in the NATO wall and this is great news for most glorious Russia.
P.U.T.U
AG
As of right now I think the winner of this war is Turkey, well that and the military industrial complex
Teslag
AG
And Ukraine, who still has a country. There were supposed to be celebrating their first year as a Russian state by now.
nortex97
AG
Don't leave China out: Michael Hudson perspective. "Sending dollars abroad."

Quote:

Oh, sanctions have been very, very effective, but I think you've got the players wrong. The sanctions were against Europe, not against Russia. The United States calculated two years ago that it cannot compete with Eurasia. It's losing. It knows that it's lost the long-term fight for not only dominance, but the long-term fight to be a major player. So it says, "What can we do? We know that we cannot compete with Eurasia, with China, Russia, Iran and the rest, but the one thing we can do is [to] lock in American prosperity by making Western Europe and the English speaking countries, Australia and New Zealand, completely dependent on us." The sanctions are to lock in European and English-speaking dependency on the US.

Russia is just a side beneficiary. The sanctions have done for Russia what our protective tariffs did for the American economy in the 19th century. The sanctions have obliged Russia to become self-sufficient in food production, manufacturing production and consumer goods. The sanctions have helped Russia rebuild its industry and cured it of the neoliberal sort of junk economics that the Americans sponsored in the 1990s. The sanctions have helped Russia and China not hurt it, but they've made Europe totally dependent on the United States. This whole NATO war is a war to make the NATO countries subservient. It's to recolonize Europe. That's what it is. Not to hurt Russia and China.

You provided a really in-depth analysis of Russia, but could you elaborate a little bit more on China? What do you think has been the effect of Trump's trade war and more recently, Biden's various tax restrictions against the Chinese economy. Will this hurt Beijing or actually empower Beijing?

MH: Well, China has a great benefit that the Western countries don't it treats money as a public utility. Its banking is a state bank, not a private banking system. In America, the private banks lend money to the financial sector to make money in the stock market, in the bond market by buying stocks and bonds already issued, and in the real estate market by buying homes and commercial real estate that's been built long ago. Banks in the West do not lend money to build factories or machinery. They don't lend money to set up business. They leave that to the stock market, basically, but not the banks. China uses its Bank of China, its government central bank, to actually spend money and provide credit to the real economy, to build new real estate, to finance new industrial producers, new manufacturing facilities. That's the great advantage of China.

To the extent that America tries to produce sanctions on China, the effect will be the same as producing sanctions on any other country. They'll force the country being sanctioned to replace imports with its domestic production to do import substitution. You can be sure that that's what China is doing right now, especially with the information technology that America is concentrating its sanctions on. If you look at the number of patents that are made in information technology, China's way ahead of every other country in this. They're producing an enormous educated engineering class that is not being produced in the United States or the West. If you are a leading student and you want to make money in the West, you'll go into finance. And finance has the effect of destroying industry, not helping it. Whereas China is sending its graduates into engineering and the computer technology and the science primarily not into making money by financial maneuvering and getting the rest of the economy into debt to yourself.
More at the link.
fka ftc
People really like to act like Russia is some 3rd world country full of vodka drinking aholes with no sense of future. They suffered a mini dark ages post Cold War. But there is a spirit in that country that goes back ages and ages.

Putin's dream is to make Russia Great Again. Biden merely rolled out the red carpet to invade Ukraine and rally his populace to once again fight and hate the Americans.

Obama mocked Rs for saying Russia is evil, but in the interim he and Biden and others played right into the hands of the Bear.

Biden could save face by cutting off all aid to Ukes immediately and try to slip the US teat back into their mouths where we could control the flow of milk and the bitterness. Instead, we encouraged Vlad to rebuild his dairy farms and sell excess milk to his friends.
Teslag
AG

Current image of the Russian "bear".
Whirligigs
Teslag said:

And Ukraine, who still has a country. There were supposed to be celebrating their first year as a Russian state by now.

Oh I thought they were supposed to be dominating the Russian army by now too with this glorious counter offensive.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3274372/replies/65195371

Teslag
AG
Whirligigs said:

Teslag said:

Oh I thought they were supposed to be dominating the Russian army by now too with this glorious counter offensive.

Dominating? No. Steadily gaining back more land each day? Yes.
fka ftc
Teslag said:

Current image of the Russian "bear".

Great, then we don't need to send aid to Ukraine if all they are up against is a grumpy care bear.

You cannot have it both ways. But you always want to. End fossil fuels and be proud of your luxury golf cart and ignore the fact electricity is provided by… fossil fuels.

I think the term is "cognitive dissonance".
nortex97
AG
Flashback to an older battle after a pause when the nazi's attacked the Russians with a worn out/inferior force, and the latter had had time to form a defensive strategy/works, about Ukraine/Belgorod etc.

Sigh…then too the nazi's had great tanks and pinned their hopes on armored advantages.

Update; UFA shell Russian towns around Belgorod.

Quote:

Shelling attacks reported across Belgorod: Gladkov

Governor of the Russian Belgorod region, Vyacheslav Gladkov, said shelling attacks were reported in several regional villages.

"Seven artillery shells were fired at the Varishkin farm and 3 at the village of Zhuravlevka. In the village of Naumovka, the enemy dropped two explosive devices from a UAV. There were no casualties or damage in any of the settlements of the region," Gladkov said.

The villages of Novopetrovka, Kozinka, Spodaryushino and Rozhdestvenka, Mokraya Orlovka, Grafovka, Repyahovka, the outskirts of Staroselye, and the farms of Maryino and Pankov were all attacked.
One man was injured in Grafovka due to a shrapnel forearm, arm and chest wound and was taken to the hospital.

TheBonifaceOption
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.