Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

477,010 Views | 9113 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by nortex97
benchmark
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fka ftc said:

Lots of people need to wake the **** up and call a spade a spade.
Ireland sheltering Ukrainian women and children war refugees is .... you lost me? Wake up call? What spade? There are less than 100k refugees in Ireland. I was recently in Jordon (pop 11 million) and they've sheltered over 1 million Syrian war refugees. Major kudos to both Jordon and Ireland. So, what's the unwanted common denominator in both Ireland and Jordon ... Russia.
YouBet
AG
benchmark said:

fka ftc said:

Lots of people need to wake the **** up and call a spade a spade.
Ireland sheltering Ukrainian women and children war refugees is .... you lost me? Wake up call? What spade? There are less than 100k refugees in Ireland. I was recently in Jordon (pop 11 million) and they've sheltered over 1 million Syrian war refugees. Major kudos to both Jordon and Ireland. So, what's the unwanted common denominator in both Ireland and Jordon ... Russia.

Labor replacement due to almost unrecoverable demographic trends in western countries. He mentioned you have tourism demand in areas where they have no help to support it.

In theory, now you do with Ukrainian refugees.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Both your map and mine show Ukraine has shrunk. What color is Crimea that you see? Where do you think you can get off by spiking that ball? Either map shows a losing Ukelele.

Incorrect. Ukraine has grown in size since this date a year ago.

A year ago, Ukraine had already shrunk. You're twisting yourself intro pretzels to avoid that reality. If you actually believe they will recapture Crimea, just say that so I know you need a permanent ignore and your tough guy bit is not a troll.

What you did yesterday doesn't matter in war. For the past year and present Ukraine has been driving on Russia and taking back more and more each day. That's all that matters.

What you did yesterday doesn't matter in war. Let me tell you about the things Ukraine did yesterday and the 364 yesterdays before that so you can understand why Ukraine is winning.

You contradict yourself in the same sentence. I can't believe you're not trolling.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Ags4DaWin
biglebowski said:

twk said:

NATO has never been a threat to Russia. Period. That's a Russian propaganda line pure and simple.

Giving arms to Ukraine was precisely the right thing to do. An unchecked Russia would be a threat to the rest of the old Warsaw Pact countries had Putin succeeded in rolling over Ukraine. Now that we have crippled the Russian military, how long we want to send aid, and how much, is very much a legitimate question. My view is that we should send them enough to give them a chance for a breakthrough this year. After that, it it's going to be a long term struggle, the Europeans need to carry the bulk of the load.

NeoCons love them some war.

1) for everyone saying we need to keep sending munitions amd supplies- We have pretty much cleared out our "war against Russia reserves."

Anything else we send is going to seriously impact our military's war readiness which is precisely what China wants so it can move on Taiwan. If we keep sending things we put our military in danger. You can't have it all.

2) Making Ukraine a NATO member is going to be a Putin red line. We do that and if Russia looks like it is going to lose then they will start using nukes. Russia views Ukraine as a buffer between themselves and the west and if Ukraine joins NATO then Russia will view it as essentially having an enemy of aggression on its doorstep and they will not tolerate that. You want to start a nuclear war? This right here is how you start a nuclear war.

3) NATO was formed as a military alliance specifically to counter the USSR. Of course Russia views NATO as a threat to their national security. Hell NATO countries were specifically courted to be members of the coalition forces used in Iraq and the middle east. And the US fabricated evidence and lied to justify our invasions there. Russia would be crazy not to worry the US would try something similar on their doorstep.
Brewskis
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

1) for everyone saying we need to keep sending munitions amd supplies- We have pretty much cleared out our "war against Russia reserves."

Anything else we send is going to seriously impact our military's war readiness which is precisely what China wants so it can move on Taiwan. If we keep sending things we put our military in danger. You can't have it all.

Is this just your opinion, or do you have any sort of factual/legitimate sources for this? My guess is no based on all the other legitimate 'sources' from Twitter posted on this thread.
nortex97
AG
Brewskis said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Is this just your opinion, or do you have any sort of factual/legitimate sources for this? My guess is no based on all the other legitimate 'sources' from Twitter posted on this thread.
One of the more fascinating 'gotcha's' about the reality/policies regarding the bloody war in Ukraine is that "well you don't have sources that are acceptable to me and what you posted are just twitter posters."

Post-covid and Missouri v. Biden, in particular that is just a bit bizarre. Attack the source, not the dissent/information. I get it as a derogatory/insulting tactic, but I don't think it's a persuasive argument.

There are other threads/avenues/media for cheerleading the war/cause, after all. Not trying to pick on you or really care, just find it's an increasingly common theme/retort that seems to lack any rational bases. How many posts/perspectives on this thread for instance are based on a tweet from an 'unlicensed' journalist/YouTuber etc. vs. the official war cheerleader thread?
Ag with kids
AG
Brewskis said:

Ags4DaWin said:

I'm pretty sure we have reserves in place for us to fight an ACTUAL war with Russia, let alone a minor proxy one.

ETA: It's been US military doctrine for a LONG time that we be prepared to essentially fight two wars at one time. This came about in the Cold War back when we spent a fraction of what we spend today on the military.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Both your map and mine show Ukraine has shrunk. What color is Crimea that you see? Where do you think you can get off by spiking that ball? Either map shows a losing Ukelele.

Incorrect. Ukraine has grown in size since this date a year ago.

A year ago, Ukraine had already shrunk. You're twisting yourself intro pretzels to avoid that reality. If you actually believe they will recapture Crimea, just say that so I know you need a permanent ignore and your tough guy bit is not a troll.

What you did yesterday doesn't matter in war. For the past year and present Ukraine has been driving on Russia and taking back more and more each day. That's all that matters.

What you did yesterday doesn't matter in war. Let me tell you about the things Ukraine did yesterday and the 364 yesterdays before that so you can understand why Ukraine is winning.

You contradict yourself in the same sentence. I can't believe you're not trolling.

You do realize the point in war is to take land and defend it right? Today, and for the past year, Ukraine is taking land and Russia can't defend it.

Russia is getting smaller with every passing day while Ukraine gets larger and larger. And nothing in Russias ****ty stash of old weapons can stop that.
Brewskis
AG
nortex97 said:

Brewskis said:

Ags4DaWin said:

One of the more fascinating 'gotcha's' about the reality/policies regarding the bloody war in Ukraine is that "well you don't have sources that are acceptable to me and what you posted are just twitter posters."

Post-covid and Missouri v. Biden, in particular that is just a bit bizarre. Attack the source, not the dissent/information. I get it as a derogatory/insulting tactic, but I don't think it's a persuasive argument.

There are other threads/avenues/media for cheerleading the war/cause, after all. Not trying to pick on you or really care, just find it's an increasingly common theme/retort that seems to lack any rational bases. How many posts/perspectives on this thread for instance are based on a tweet from an 'unlicensed' journalist/YouTuber etc. vs. the official war cheerleader thread?

The "giving things to Ukraine that would otherwise fight China" argument is so inaccurate, and only parroted by those who have no idea what it requires to fight and win in the Western Pacific theater.

Things required to beat China: Subs, LRASM, JASSM and weapons that are still in development. None of which we are giving to Ukraine.

155mm Howitzers, Bradleys and Abrams aren't relevant to your side's China argument. Find a new one.
Ags4DaWin
Bullets, antiarmor weapons, air defense systems would all be needed to send to Taiwan.

All of these have been sent to Ukraine, depleting our excess storage.

Patriot defense systems have also been sent to Ukraine which would be of use to Taiwan.

Sure there are things Taiwan would need that Ukraine doesn't- those things being defense systems to prevent an amphibious assault. But Taiwan also needs to defend its airspace and if/when China attacks it will land and then u need antitank weapons and bullets.

There is plenty of crossover.
Ags4DaWin
Ag with kids said:

Brewskis said:

Ags4DaWin said:

I'm pretty sure we have reserves in place for us to fight an ACTUAL war with Russia, let alone a minor proxy one.

ETA: It's been US military doctrine for a LONG time that we be prepared to essentially fight two wars at one time. This came about in the Cold War back when we spent a fraction of what we spend today on the military.

Once again you did not read my post.

I said we have pretty much sent over our reserves. Meaning there are no reserves left.

Which means all our remaining supplies are intended to fight an actual war. That by definition would be the two separate stores of supplies to fight two wars. One excess supply to kept in storage to fight war 2 and the supply our armed forces needs to have on hand to fight war 1.

We have spent one war's worth. Further spending will dip into what we would need to fight the second war.

You just agreed with me and pretended u were proving me wrong.
nortex97
AG
Brewskis said:

nortex97 said:

Brewskis said:

Ags4DaWin said:

The "giving things to Ukraine that would otherwise fight China" argument is so inaccurate, and only parroted by those who have no idea what it requires to fight and win in the Western Pacific theater.

Things required to beat China: Subs, LRASM, JASSM and weapons that are still in development. None of which we are giving to Ukraine.

155mm Howitzers, Bradleys and Abrams aren't relevant to your side's China argument. Find a new one.
Wrong, wrong and wrong. I've already addressed pages back the US and Taiwanese imperative of armor in planning, but whatever, you can go dig it up yourself. To the casual readers, note that the Taiwanese have been frustrated by delays in their orders for artillery systems/armor etc….but again Xiden has 'oddly' prioritized the Ukrainians. They probably don't know what they need compared to an average f16 poster though.

I absolutely love it when we have such war operational planners/commanders on this forum. It reminds me of the farce that is…NAFO Fella's.

This is a friendly reminder that part of 'our' government/side's strategy is to dominate the information sphere. Doctrinally. While snide remarks are made both here and on the cheerleader side that 'bloggers' and 'tweets' are unacceptable levels of expertise, this is what is producing the propaganda on the war that is 'pro-Ukraine.' More at the link.

Back to the current collapse/debacle:

Quote:

So the fact is, the AFU's offensive was crushed, losing thousands of men and hundreds of pieces of armor, and now their own lifeline of the U.S. admits that it's out of 155mm ammo to give them and must begin interlarding the shipments with old cluster munitions simply to stave off the apocalypse. Russia on the other hand is only getting stronger by the day, its economy improving daily (minus the Ruble blip which is not a major deal for a trade surplus economy), its military grows stronger and more advanced daily, its troop numbers are being prepared for an overwhelming advantage. Now there's even rumor that BRICS will accept 5 new members in their August summit, and the inter-BRICS talk of creating their own gold-backed currency to give the final deathblow to the Dollar is heating up as well.….

The bottom line is that all of the West is signaling "peace talks" to end the conflict by this year's end. This is not a sign of confidence or impending victory. The AFU is staring down the abyss just like their Western masters. They're making a lot of such realizations lately:
And how goes the mythologized 'counter offensive?' Well, they are now reduced to striking civilian infrastructure in desperate bids to 'do something:'

Quote:

If they only used one or two missiles, then this was clearly a testing strike meant to probe Russian air defenses in preparation for something bigger.

But to get back to the point, it shows that Ukraine is expending its most valuable guided assets on civilian infrastructure. Smolensk NPP, Kerch, endless shelling of Donetsk and other cities. These are not the serious efforts from a country intent on actually winning the war. More and more these actions as a totality demonstrate to us the sheer desperation of the West.

I had thought that the war could last for several years, but given the latest developments, the desperate signals from the West regarding their ammo supplies, etc., it appears to me increasingly possible that without a major black swan event that Ukraine craves so much (like initiating WW3), they could potentially face collapse as early as the end of this year, if not over the course of this coming winter.

This is not opinion. The numbers simply point to this. For instance:
Quote:

"Our source in the General Staff reports that Zaluzhny briefed Zelensky on the losses of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. On the southern front, we are losing 5-7 units of heavy equipment per day, while on the eastern front, the losses reach up to 4 units. With such intensity of combat, the Ukrainian army will be able to conduct offensive operations until the end of summer, after which we will be forced to transition to a defensive stance along the entire front line. Zaluzhny once again requests to halt the counteroffensive and abandon Sirsky's futile attempts on the flanks of Bahmut."
So, allegedly, Zaluzhny reports they're losing 10+ heavy armor pieces per day; this does not count APCs and combat mobility vehicles like MRAPs which they probably lose even far more of.
Another element in the psyop war supporter brigade has been that 'well you are only opposed to this because Biden.'

First, of course, this is an absurdity because it is justifiable to be opposed to a major power conflict with a senile traitor in the White House, but second, even the propaganda press is admitting a timescale/purpose of the war in conjunction with the possible return of DJT/an American to the White House;

Anyway, to the sourcing discussed here/whined about on the cheerleader sites/articles, we should keep in mind again the dominance of pro-Ukrainian bots/propaganda in general in the coverage. This has blinded so many who are prone to believing as sheep in a narrative a la fauci flu;

nortex97
AG
Latin American nations balk at EU/US proxy war demands ahead of summit.

Quote:

Quote:

The initial EU-proposed summit declaration text had included several paragraphs on support for Ukraine, referencing the UN General Assembly's resolutions, three people familiar with the document said."
Latin American countries 'deleted everything about Ukraine', and submitted a modified draft.
Quote:

"According to the modified declaration text, the EU and CELAC members would together "advocate for serious and constructive diplomatic solutions to the current conflict in Europe, by peaceful means, which guarantees the sovereignty and security of us all, as well as regional and international peace, stability and security".

[…] The counterproposal is expected to be discussed by EU ambassadors in their meeting on Friday (7 July) where member states are expected to discuss how much they are willing to compromise on language in an effort to salvage a draft communiqu being ready for the summit in two weeks."
At this point it is quite possible that the summit might end without any joint declaration,
Similarly, it sounds like the Israeli's are a bit sick of Saint Zelensky, patron of grifters begging them for help:
bloc.
Quote:

Kyiv turns to Israel for help while voting against it at the United Nations.

Ukraine often turns to Israel "for various requests" yet "votes for anti-Israel resolutions in the United Nations in 90 percent of cases" according to Israel's ambassador to Ukraine, Michael Brodsky. He made the comment and a raft of others that some might consider impolitic in a broad-ranging and contentious interview with the Ukrainian newspaper Dzerkalo Tyzhnia, known as ZN.

The remarks are a stark reminder of the complexity of international relations more than 500 days after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which at an upcoming two-NATO parley at Vilnius will be seeking firmer assurances from the military block.
A video perhaps of some interest/perspectives.

docb
AG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Lancaster

just a little bit of info on your source in the last video. Just saying......
nortex97
AG
So he is the equivalent of Denys Davydov, but an American? I guess he is being widely posted on the other thread too. Thx.
docb
AG
nortex97 said:

So he is the equivalent of Denys Davydov, but an American? I guess he is being widely posted on the other thread too. Thx.
I haven't read anything of Denys Davydov being accused of staging events. Nice try though.
Teslag
AG
docb said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Lancaster

just a little bit of info on your source in the last video. Just saying......

This is his MO. He ever counts on people reading his links or checking the source.

In other news, Russia got smaller and Ukraine got bigger again yesterday.
notex
AG
He embedded a youtube video, and you think he didn't want anyone to click play? You sure seem to have a strange obsession with him.
Teslag
AG
notex said:

He embedded a youtube video, and you think he didn't want anyone to click play? You sure seem to have a strange obsession with him.

I don't think he counted on anyone looking up who made that video, no.
LarryElder
nortex97 said:

Latin American nations balk at EU/US proxy war demands ahead of summit.

Quote:

Quote:

The initial EU-proposed summit declaration text had included several paragraphs on support for Ukraine, referencing the UN General Assembly's resolutions, three people familiar with the document said."
Latin American countries 'deleted everything about Ukraine', and submitted a modified draft.
Quote:

"According to the modified declaration text, the EU and CELAC members would together "advocate for serious and constructive diplomatic solutions to the current conflict in Europe, by peaceful means, which guarantees the sovereignty and security of us all, as well as regional and international peace, stability and security".

[…] The counterproposal is expected to be discussed by EU ambassadors in their meeting on Friday (7 July) where member states are expected to discuss how much they are willing to compromise on language in an effort to salvage a draft communiqu being ready for the summit in two weeks."
At this point it is quite possible that the summit might end without any joint declaration,
Similarly, it sounds like the Israeli's are a bit sick of Saint Zelensky, patron of grifters begging them for help:
bloc.
Quote:

Kyiv turns to Israel for help while voting against it at the United Nations.

Ukraine often turns to Israel "for various requests" yet "votes for anti-Israel resolutions in the United Nations in 90 percent of cases" according to Israel's ambassador to Ukraine, Michael Brodsky. He made the comment and a raft of others that some might consider impolitic in a broad-ranging and contentious interview with the Ukrainian newspaper Dzerkalo Tyzhnia, known as ZN.

The remarks are a stark reminder of the complexity of international relations more than 500 days after the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which at an upcoming two-NATO parley at Vilnius will be seeking firmer assurances from the military block.
A video perhaps of some interest/perspectives.

Sort of makes sense since UKE supports Nazism
docb
AG
I mean to post a video by a well known fraud that has dated back to 2014 shows just how desperate this thread is. Seriously, it's somewhat comical at this point.
ABATTBQ11
AG
1. You have a lot of quotes using a lot of unnamed sources and no links, which is not atypical of your posts...

2. Either you didn't read that study and didn't check the conclusion, or you deceitfully cherry picked from it...

Quote:

The patterns of information ows between bot and non-bot account vary based on national lean: Pro-Russian non-bot accounts are most inuential overall, with information ows to a variety of other account groups. No signicant outward ows exist from pro-Ukrainian non-bot accounts, with signicant ows from pro-Ukrainian bot accounts into pro-Ukrainian non-bot accounts. Pro-Russian account groups are seemingly isolated, with smaller self-entropy rates and less signicant between group net information ows. However, there exists signicant information ows out of pro-Russia non-bot and AstroTurf account groups, with the largest net ows originating in the pro-Russian non-bot account groups. Contrastingly, pro-Ukrainian account groups tend to have more information ows between pro-Ukrainian and balanced account groups. Pro-Ukrainian aggregated groups also tend to have higher self-entropy rates.

In layman's terms, Ukraine has a lot of bots, but they are not influential outside of pro-Ukrainian circles. Also mentioned in the study and well known, Ukraine has made use of such bots for information reporting within Ukraine (Russian movements, news, const videos, etc), so this isn't surprising. However, Russian non-bot accounts are the most influential overall and drive information flow and influence opinion externally. So Ukraine may have more bot accounts, but Russian accounts run by humans are the most influential when it comes to spreading propaganda.
Teslag
AG
Extremely comical and sad. The author of that video even spent years trying to convince the world Russia wasn't responsible for Malaysia flight 17 too. Just a real piece of pro Kremlin trash.

And here he's hoisted up as an arbiter of truth.
nortex97
AG
docb said:

I mean to post a video by a well known fraud that has dated back to 2014 shows just how desperate this thread is. Seriously, it's somewhat comical at this point.
"OMG you posted a video of a guy Ukrainians have accused of faking stuff once, walking around with Russian soldiers. Hilariously desperate!"

Good Lord, there isn't a blue and yellow tag on all news/reports from Ukraine. And Taiwan doesn't need armor or artillery to take on China, right? LOL.

Anyway, from a comment from the update today I linked to, relative to a possible/eventual Russian attack vs. the 'mosquito' suicide squad attacks the Ukes are using:

Quote:

I've covered it before but intend to cover it at length again in the near future because the fact is, Russia does not have any magical advantages over Ukraine that would allow them to successfully conduct assaults / offensives. Both sides are inhibited by the same exact issues of: 1. ubiquitous mining and 2. complete drone overwatch on every front.

This means that Russia's own ability to *truly* conduct a breakthrough offensive in the future is also in question.

The one big advantage Russia has that may mitigate this is that Russia is the god of artillery. Artillery alone could allow them to decimate Ukraine's lines little by little, just by virtue of sheer attrition (well, this is in conjunction to airpower and some light assaulting as well). But in terms of full out maneuver warfare with massive breakthroughs to the operational rear like in WW2, it's simply not possible. It's not going to happen for ANYONE. The U.S. themselves would not be able to do it in this environment.

I was saving this to post in an upcoming article but you can get first dibs on the preview which outlines many of the points I alluded to. From respected Russian analyst site Starshe Edda:

"Older than the Edda: "Having been watching the SVO for almost a year and a half, anyone sees a certain impasse in military thought in the field of offensive. And this applies equally to us and Americans. It becomes very difficult to break through the prepared defense line to the operational depth with a concentrated blow of a mechanized fist. The sky is completely controlled by UAV operators, artillery, aviation, ATGMs, kamikaze drones, minefields, take out attacking formations very quickly and in fact only small infantry units can break through the defense line, under the cover of tanks operating from the maximum distance, or even with a ZOP in general. I will make a reservation that we are talking about a war between technically approximately equal opponents.

Assault detachments can break through the line, but only to a tactical depth. They take one strip of fortifications, get hit by artillery, and at this time the enemy is already equipping another, just a few hundred meters away. This is a typical situation for WWII, when even chemical weapons and the first tanks had a short-term effect.

Under such circumstances, the main role begins to play the destruction of the enemy on the front line and in the rear, as well as war fatigue. In this case, we have an absolute advantage: Ukraine has already carried out several waves of mobilization, and now in some areas it has completely switched to a total mob. Given the really very large losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Kiev's main reserve, that is, cannon fodder, may soon run out. Therefore, we should not wait for deep breakthroughs with tank wedges, we are waging a war of attrition, first of all, to deplete the enemy's manpower."
I would encourage folks to go back and look at Simplicius' update documenting via video the charge that Ukrainians are forcing POW's to serve as mine clearing tools. The 'good guys' Xiden is backing militarily are certainly guilty of some not-nice acts.

Not-bad analyses from a month and a half ago about Russia's plausible strategy: they don't want 'all' of Ukraine.

Quote:

So Russia mobilized, more than tripling its forces in Ukraine. But then nothing much happened. Huh? Why no major offensive? Executive summary: occupation of Ukraine would be ruinously expensive.
Some say that R is waiting for the weather to be perfect before they launch a big offensive. But there is a better explanation. Russia doesn't want to take over the rest of Ukraine. It would be a huge liability.

Even before the war it was the poorest country in Europe. Now it is much worse. Not only that, the war has caused it to take on debts impossible to repay. It is a strange tradition that the conqueror assumes the debts of the conquered. Then there is the half trillion dollar rebuilding cost. Whew! But even if none of these things were true, occupying a big chunk of Ukraine would be a disaster. The hostile and violent population would be the source of an endless series of covert terrorist acts funded lavishly by the West. It would be a lot like the US occupation of Iraq but worse. So...it won't happen. Russia can't afford it. Not even close.

The US says its goal is "to weaken Russia." To this end, they should strive mightily to get Russia to conquer and occupy Ukraine. By golly, foreign policy bigshot John Mearsheimer has said this, almost word for word. [It's always nice to have confirmation from experts.]

So how can the US provoke Russia into conquering more territory?
Meanwhile, Euro aid budgets elsewhere are being gutted, driving more and more dependent countries abroad into the arms of the CCP.
nortex97
AG
LOL. Wartime leader of the 'free world:'

From this update at SONAR21.

Quote:

Ukraine's attempt at a Hail Mary (the football play not the Catholic prayer) victory by seizing swaths of territory from the Russians is a failure. The Russians have intercepted every move and Ukraine's negligible advances are counted in single digit kilometers along with piles of Ukrainian corpses and burned out hulks of Western supplied tanks and armored personnel carriers.

Yet the West is struggling to come to grips with the reality and persist in peddling the delusion of a stalemate. Samuel Charap, a senior Political Scientist at Rand Corporation, wrote a piece published in Foreign Affairs on June 5 that grudgingly conceded the war in Ukraine is "Unwinnable." But he only got it half-right. He wrote:
Quote:

Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February 2022 was a moment of clarity for the United States and its allies. An urgent mission was before them: to assist Ukraine as it countered Russian aggression and to punish Moscow for its transgressions. While the Western response was clear from the start, the objective the endgame of this war has been nebulous.

But it is now time that the United States develop a vision for how the war ends. Fifteen months of fighting has made clear that neither side has the capacity even with external help to achieve a decisive military victory over the other. Regardless of how much territory Ukrainian forces can liberate, Russia will maintain the capability to pose a permanent threat to Ukraine. The Ukrainian military will also have the capacity to hold at risk any areas of the country occupied by Russian forces-and to impose costs on military and civilian targets within Russia itself.

More:

YouBet
AG
If we are going to criticize random twitter posts on this thread, then the same should be done on the tactical thread. That thread is almost entirely twitter armchair military "experts" making random claims about progress and happenings in the war that are taken as sacrosanct. Literally randos on the internet but it's the gospel truth over there.
nortex97
AG
It's not worth worrying about, but agreed. Some of their gripes about this thread etc. is trolling and some is clearly blindness.

Now we know what Erdogan's game was with the propaganda release for Zelensky the Great and Beautiful.

I believe this would create a massive further influx of Syrians into Central Europe 'all at once.' Quite a destabilizing possibility.
Teslag
AG
YouBet said:

If we are going to criticize random twitter posts on this thread, then the same should be done on the tactical thread. That thread is almost entirely twitter armchair military "experts" making random claims about progress and happenings in the war that are taken as sacrosanct. Literally randos on the internet but it's the gospel truth over there.

There's nothing random about the author of that video. He's a known contributor for Russia Today and Russian state media.
Teslag
AG
And let's not forget two of his former faves…

Donbas Devishka who was a former American sailor now being investigated for Kremlin ties and Wargonzos founder who was shot in the dome in a Russian trench carrying a firearm.
LarryElder
Let me know when it's officially called the fall offensive
GinMan
AG
nortex97
AG
Yes, and today Bandera (Nazi) is a national hero in "Ukraine." He is widely loathed in Eastern/Southern Ukraine today, but the nazi-Nuland-CIA-puppet-state-government of Kiev made his annual celebration of life a huge holiday in 2018, celebrated on new years day.

It's ok. Sophisticated war planners/historians know he was a 'good' nazi.
LarryElder
nortex97 said:

Yes, and today Bandera (Nazi) is a national hero in "Ukraine." He is widely loathed in Eastern/Southern Ukraine today, but the nazi-Nuland-CIA-puppet-state-government of Kiev made his annual celebration of life a huge holiday in 2018, celebrated on new years day.

It's ok. Sophisticated war planners/historians know he was a 'good' nazi.

Yep but it's in our best to sTack RuSSian bodies !!!
Teslag
AG
LarryElder said:

Let me know when it's officially called the fall offensive

We will. And Russia will have lost even more land by then.
GAC06
AG
Has Poland invaded western Ukraine yet?
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.