Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

476,099 Views | 9112 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by nortex97
J. Walter Weatherman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Green Dragon said:

I'm imagining many on the fanbois thread feeling like it's September 3, 2017 and they were just dancing with the pimp stick.

From "Kiev in a few hours" to "running away from a coup that only stopped because Wagner decided they didn't want to kill Russians". Not a great day for the putin fanboys like yourself either. At least it was one day your boy couldn't spend bombing Ukrainian civilians because he was fleeing the capital.
Teslag
AG
Putin flees. Multiple needed Russian aircraft shot down by their own forces. Ukes taking more land today. Power struggle remains.

But it's a glorious day for mother Russia
Robert L. Peters
I don't support putin. I'm just 100% against anything you and the deep state support. I'm not a part of what you're a part of. You're an arm chair general that gets his kicks out of people dying in war.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
J. Walter Weatherman
The Green Dragon said:

I don't support putin. I'm just 100% against anything you and the deep state support. I'm not a part of what you're a part of. You're an arm chair general that gets his kicks out of people dying in war.

Link to any of the above? I support Ukraine stopping a neighbor from invading them for no reason. Not much more complicated than that.
the_batman26
AG
But didn't Ukraine also not play by the agreed-upon treaties? This has been ongoing since 2014ish, IIRC.
Robert L. Peters
J. Walter Weatherman said:

The Green Dragon said:

Link to any of the above? I support Ukraine stopping a neighbor from invading them for no reason. Not much more complicated than that.

I totally support people fighting for their freedom. Anywhere any time. People have the right to self determination. However, I'm not in support of the $$$ or the corruption.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Teslag
AG
the_batman26 said:

But didn't Ukraine also not play by the agreed-upon treaties? This has been ongoing since 2014ish, IIRC.

Ukraine had no treaty with Russia
the_batman26
AG
The Ukrainian girl who I've never seen or heard talk will come to America one day if I just keep sending her money!

Seriously, Russia isn't at all trustworthy, but neither is Ukraine; the motherland of scams.
J. Walter Weatherman
The Green Dragon said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

The Green Dragon said:

I totally support people fighting for their freedom. Anywhere any time. People have the right to self determination. However, I'm not in support of the $$$ or the corruption.

Sounds like we're mostly on the same page then, although I don't mind the US sending a small percentage of our military budget to help out. Just seemed odd to see someone attempting to spike the football on multiple threads if they were "neutral."
BadMoonRisin
AG
Sorry bro, any criticism of Ukraine means you are slurpin Putin semen, according to these Bud Light drinking eunuchs.
YouBet
AG
This is the Southpark **** sandwich-dbag episode between Putin and Porky.

If you are a Ukraine fanboy you probably want Putin to remain in power (ironically) because Porky seems to be even more brutal. As it stands he may have secured more competent leadership from a war fighting standpoint. But that remains to be seen.
GAC06
AG
LarryElder said:

GAC06 said:

This is pretty wild. It's a shame no one will remember it in a couple weeks

Any other great takes snicker

Pointing out your idiotic takes is a great take. This will be remembered, my dude. Keep owning those dorks with your slack jawed analysis though.
the_batman26
AG
There were the Minsk agreements and pledges Ukraine made with NATO that were in dispute: https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/why-nato-has-become-flash-point-russia-ukraine
LarryElder
GAC06 said:

LarryElder said:

GAC06 said:

This is pretty wild. It's a shame no one will remember it in a couple weeks

Any other great takes snicker

Pointing out your idiotic takes is a great take. This will be remembered, my dude. Keep owning those dorks with your slack jawed analysis though.
woah you totally owned me bro cant wait for next expert analysis on this matter...snicker
GAC06
AG
"Owning" someone who thought this coup wouldn't be remembered in a couple weeks isn't much of an accomplishment. It's the internet equivalent of dunking on a special Olympics kid
LarryElder
BadMoonRisin said:

Sorry bro, any criticism of Ukraine means you are slurpin Putin semen, according to these Bud Light drinking eunuchs.
yep then they lash at you when you point out how stupid their analysis is..I mean on the other thread you had someone who thought China would send troops in, someone also said we should use the CIA to support Wanger behind the scenes its pure ignorance.
LarryElder
GAC06 said:

"Owning" someone who thought this coup wouldn't be remembered in a couple weeks isn't much of an accomplishment. It's the internet equivalent of dunking on a special Olympics kid
dude Id take a break you are embarrassing yourself.
GAC06
AG
Yeah that's what's happening. Don't go sign up a new sock over it
LarryElder
GAC06 said:

Yeah that's what's happening. Don't go sign up a new sock over it
by July 7th this will be out of the news cycle and UKE wont' have advanced an inch why does this effect you so much?
the_batman26
AG
Some in here:
>Watches their kid play Call of Duty once
>"Why yes, I'm an expert on international affairs. The Chinese will come and Wagner will seize nukes."
LarryElder
the_batman26 said:

Some in here:
>Watches their kid play Call of Duty once
>"Why yes, I'm an expert on international affairs. The Chinese will come and Wagner will seize nukes."
like I said Tom Clancy novels
GAC06
AG
Now it's the news cycle? Keep crawfishing. I see you're posting. Why does this affect you so much?
BillYeoman
Do we know for sure Putin left Moscow?

Perhaps this Wagner group didn't get the materials or money they thought they needed/deserved?

These are mercenaries. Despite what you have heard the Russian military would annihilate them.

Perhaps they got paid and materials.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
It is a bad day to be in Russian Command. Probably an even worse day to be a Ukrainian. War should end.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Pumpkinhead
AG
BillYeoman said:

Perhaps this Wagner group didn't get the materials or money they thought they needed/deserved?

These are mercenaries. Despite what you have heard the Russian military would annihilate them.

This can't be walked back. If Prighozin is not arrested it shows there is a state within the state (Wagner) that Moscow can't control. Putin has lost now either way and his government will never again be perceived the same way. Huge cracks in his hold on power just got exposed.
Rongagin71
AG
I upvoted that because I want it to be true, but how much of this actually got on the news in Russia and who is going to take over from the aging Putin?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

This can't be walked back. If Prighozin is not arrested it shows there is a state within the state (Wagner) that Moscow can't control. Putin has lost now either way and his government will never again be perceived the same way. Huge cracks in his hold on power just got exposed.
Sure it can. If anything the last 18 months have shown us is that Russians are mostly dumb, poorly educated and easily led like sheep to slaughter. No matter how "cosmopiltan" Moscow and St. Pete's is, the vast majority of the country is backwards.
Rongagin71
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Sure it can. If anything the last 18 months have shown us is that Russians are mostly dumb, poorly educated and easily led like sheep to slaughter. No matter how "cosmopiltan" Moscow and St. Pete's is, the vast majority of the country is backwards.
Hope this isn't too far afield but talking about how backwards Russia is reminded of this song video that I think some will find interesting...

nortex97
AG

Interesting this happened today. Coincidence?

Today is not…as bad as it seemed this am. That is good because for a bit it seemed this horrible clown might get nuclear weapons.
Quote:

But one thing you've got to admit is that the timing of this putsch is extremely favorable towards the above theory. At exactly the point of the AFU's weakest moment and near-collapse on the battlefield he chose to strike Russia in the back as if obviously driven by a hidden hand; it appears to make sense. He may have relied on other oligarchs and hidden sympathizers in the Kremlin to have risen up against Putin at a key moment during the struggles, but they may have gotten cold feet and the plan turned sour.

By the way, there were several reports from sources connected to the IRGC of Iran, that during the peak of the crisis, Iran was willing to send Shiite forces or revolutionary guards to Moscow.
So…back to regularly scheduled programming? What, exactly, has actually changed today?
Pumpkinhead
AG
nortex97 said:

Interesting this happened today. Coincidence?

Today is not…as bad as it seemed this am. That is good because for a bit it seemed this horrible clown might get nuclear weapons.
Quote:

But one thing you've got to admit is that the timing of this putsch is extremely favorable towards the above theory. At exactly the point of the AFU's weakest moment and near-collapse on the battlefield he chose to strike Russia in the back as if obviously driven by a hidden hand; it appears to make sense. He may have relied on other oligarchs and hidden sympathizers in the Kremlin to have risen up against Putin at a key moment during the struggles, but they may have gotten cold feet and the plan turned sour.

By the way, there were several reports from sources connected to the IRGC of Iran, that during the peak of the crisis, Iran was willing to send Shiite forces or revolutionary guards to Moscow.
So…back to regularly scheduled programming? What, exactly, has actually changed today?

Imagine the U.S. hired a mercenary privatized mercenary force filled with people released from the U.S. prison system to patrol the U.S. Mexico border.

And at some point the leader of that mercenary force said 'The Pentagon is trying to kill me and my guys! We are going to Washington D.C to get those *******s!' And starts driving up the interstates in some big convoys.

And imagine the POTUS does a press conference and says the mercenaries are traitors and terrorists and the FBI issues arrest warrant for the leader etc. And imagine Washington D.C. goes on martial law alert and starts setting up machine gun nests right outside the city in the path of the mercenaries just in case it comes down to that.

Now imagine U.S. military does engage the mercenaries in like Tennessee and some helicopters and planes are shot down, some folks on both sides killed. The governor of Tennessee has told all citizens to stay inside.

Now…it is looking grim…but…the Canada President! He saves the day while nobody knows where POTUS is and rumors are flying that he fled D.C. But the Canada President, he negotiates a deal with the mercenary leader. Who supposedly gets to go into exile in Canada with no repercussions, all criminal charges dropped, while all those mercenaries (and ex-prison convicts) will be folded into regular U.S. Military units because you still desperately need soldiers to patrol that Mexican border.

And yeah, everything is just back the way it was 24 hours earlier. The POTUS doesn't look any weaker position because a labeled 'terrorist' was allowed to kill some people and drive halfway to D.C. until the Canadian president was sent in to broker a 'deal'.

Let's see how the next week plays out politically over there…but this entire thing was bizarre and nothing like this had ever happened to Putin before.
TheBonifaceOption
BillYeoman said:

The "coup" is targeting specific brass in the defense ministry, not Putin himself.
nortex97
AG
I imagine a world where people even attempted to understand historical/political context in Ukraine/Russia.
Pumpkinhead
AG
nortex97 said:

I imagine a world where people even attempted to understand historical/political context in Ukraine/Russia.

Putin has been in power 23 years and nothing like today had ever happened before to him. Your post made it seem to imply 'oh, well that was nothing and just go back to regular scheduled programming?'

Who knows what it will ultimately all mean but today can't be just easily swept under the rug. Putin looks weaker today than he did yesterday. How much weaker is up for debate. we'll see. Let's check back in after another week as things play out further.
Faustus
The Green Dragon said:

No one can gainsay the yeoman's work you've been doing against the Deep State.
BillYeoman
nortex97 said:

This. Very frustrating.
First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.