University of Idaho - 4 college students murdered

486,586 Views | 3608 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by VP at Pierce and Pierce
Petrino1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So the 4 victims came home around 1:45am, and the murders happened around 3am. The police say that all victims were likely asleep when the ambush happened, yet one of the victims made multiple calls to her ex bf around 2:52am, so its likely she was awake during the attack. I feel like something isn't adding up with the timeline.

What were the 4 victims doing from 1:45am to 3am.
Petrino1
titan said:

Interesting that they speak of the stalker claim as "unverified" and lacking evidence. The way to consider that is how did they hear the claim and "reports" of it in the first place? If it comes from the girls via chat to another it is highly likely to be true rather than just made up. And if not from chat or a text, how was it "reported"?

This actually sounds like an important lead.
Agreed, probably the most important lead.
Petrino1
One inconsistency I keep seeing reported is that all 4 victims arrived home around 1:45am. That can't be true because 2 of the victims were seen at a food truck around 1:45am, which means they probably got home after 2am.
txaggie_08
AG
All of them could have been in bed and asleep except for the one that kept booty calling her ex. And then, who knows. She could have finally fell asleep before 3am when she quit calling. Really no way to know. And isn't the window of attack between 3-4am?
Petrino1
txaggie_08 said:

All of them could have been in bed and asleep except for the one that kept booty calling her ex. And then, who knows. She could have finally fell asleep before 3am when she quit calling. Really no way to know. And isn't the window of attack between 3-4am?
True, more than likely the murders happened closer to 4am than 3am. If the victim who called her ex was still awake during the murders, then its likely she starts screaming and wakes others up.

Just a strange story all around. I fear they will never be able to solve this.
Sher Thing
AG
I believe they said between 3-4AM the murders happened. The last call to ex bf Jack happened at 2:52am. Jack has support of the families but cops have yet to officially clear him as a suspect.

The two girls were seen at a food truck at 1:40am but lived a mile away. An uber driver dropped them off at 1:45am. The uber driver has been cleared, as well as, the sketchy guy in the food truck video. The other two roommates (bf and gf) got home around that same time from a frat party.

The unharmed roommates were reportedly already home and asleep by that time.
aggiehawg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

It doesn't take much to bleed out if a major artery is cut, the fighting would only last so long. But also it was likely pretty dark, was the killer somewhat familiar with the layout of the house and bedrooms? Just heard an update and to think there is no security footage, no sketch, nothing. Really perfect circumstances for the killer.
I was wondering about the alarm on the door. Someone from the alarm company could have knowledge of the layout and also that the alarm was seldom on.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Moscow Police put out a FAQ last night. One of the items was listing who is not believed to be involved. I do think it is interesting that the ex-bf that was being called, Jack, is not listed. He has received the most attention given that he is an ex and was being called between 2-3 AM by two of the victims. He was also texted by his ex about the dog that they shared during the 2-3 AM time frame. The family of the victim that he used to date is standing by him, but given the attention that he has received online and in the media, it is interesting that the police did not include him in the list of people that are not thought to be involved.

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/1064/King-Street-Homicide
Quote:

Who is NOT believed to be involved?
  • Two surviving roommates,
  • Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,
  • Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th, or
  • None of the individuals at the residence when 911 was called.

• MsDoubleD81
    AG
    I wonder how they know the friends who were there during the 911 call weren't involved? Guess their alibis checked out.

I watched a podcast earlier where the host speculated that Jack was there earlier and a quarrel broke out between the 4. Other 2 were already asleep. Jack left angry, reasons for Kylee's multiple calls. He came back and killed all he quarreled with. Other 2 weren't involved in quarrel.

Sounds like a good theory!

I'll see if I can find it again.

Edited to add link

Petrino1
    Captn_Ag05 said:

The Moscow Police put out a FAQ last night. One of the items was listing who is not believed to be involved. I do think it is interesting that the ex-bf that was being called, Jack, is not listed. He has received the most attention given that he is an ex and was being called between 2-3 AM by two of the victims. He was also texted by his ex about the dog that they shared during the 2-3 AM time frame. The family of the victim that he used to date is standing by him, but given the attention that he has received online and in the media, it is interesting that the police did not include him in the list of people that are not thought to be involved.

Quote:

• Where did you see that 2 of the victims called Jack? Ive only seen reports that 1 victim called him repeatedly around 2:52am, which was his ex.
    Faustus
    Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

• Here's Jack (the ex):

Captn_Ag05
    AG
    ea1060 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Quote:

• Where did you see that 2 of the victims called Jack? Ive only seen reports that 1 victim called him repeatedly around 2:52am, which was his ex.

It's been reported multiple places and confirmed by the families. Here's one link. It is unclear whether the ex gf tried using her friend's phone to call the ex-bf after her calls were not answered or whether the roommate actually called herself. That does seem strange.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/university-idaho-students-killed-moscow.html

Quote:

Between 2:26 and 2:52 a.m., phone logs show that seven unanswered phone calls were placed from Ms. Goncalves' phone to a friend, according to her older sister, Alivea Goncalves. Several calls to the same friend were also placed using Ms. Mogen's phone, the police said.
    MsDoubleD81
    AG
    Here's another.
    Truvada
    yeah he guilty
    Petrino1
    MsDoubleD81 said:

Here's another.

How did that guy, land that smoke show (RIP)!
    Corn Pop
    ea1060 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

Here's another.

How did that guy, land that smoke show (RIP)!

Didn't they break up recently? Maybe he wasn't fairing as well as he thought he would and she was cleaning up leading to jealousy…!
    Lonestar_Ag09
    AG
    Cleaning up?
    Captn_Ag05
    AG
    They started dating 5-6 years ago when they were in high school. Apparently she had a glow up over the last couple of years.
    degreedy
    AG
    Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Cleaning up?
    lol you must be an old
    Truvada
    death by simp
    Sea Speed
    AG
    She is a cutish blonde but I would hardly call her a smoke show. People get easily enamored with cute girls. Neither here nor there though I reckon.

Hope they catch the killer.
    W
    AG
    assuming the killer did not clean the knife after each murder...

the police should be able to determine the order of the murders -- at least the first one...and probably the last one.

considerable blood & DNA gathering & testing is going to be required
    OldArmy71
    AG
    They have not found the knife.
    W
    AG
    I'm thinking the first victim would only have blood from themselves and possibly the killer.

whereas the last victim might have blood from all the victims...transferred by the knife or the killer's clothing.

will take a lot of work to sort thru the blood evidence
    aggiehawg
    AG
    W said:

I'm thinking the first victim would only have blood from themselves and possibly the killer.

whereas the last victim might have blood from all the victims...transferred by the knife or the killer's clothing.

will take a lot of work to sort thru the blood evidence
    ^
    ^
    This. There will be mixtures of DNA taken from the wounds themselves during the autopsies.
    W
    AG
    also wonder what is the closest cell phone tower to the house.

there is a technique of some kind where the police get a list of every single phone (number) that pinged off the closest tower in a certain time frame.

probably thousands of phones, but not as many if the time frame of the murders can be narrowed
    OldArmy71
    AG
    Ah, I see what you're saying. Sorry I misunderstood. That is a very good point.
    Captn_Ag05
    AG
    Watching the press conference. Police just said the ex-bf (Jack) is not thought to be involved.
    Corn Pop
    Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Cleaning up?

Getting laid, old man. Nerdy boy used to getting laid by her, his standards are high as a newly single guy and he goes from frequent sex from a party girl (assumption from her Instagram) to nada. Comparatively, cute well endowed blonde party girl with a history of low standards finally allows some new higher quality prospects in and like it. That has bad jealousy written all over it.
    aggiehawg
    AG
    W said:

there is a technique of some kind where the police get a list of every single phone (number) that pinged off the closest tower in a certain time frame.

probably thousands of phones, but not as many if the time frame of the murders can be narrowed
    It's a town of less than 26,000 late at night early morning hours. The number of pings whould not be that high.

But I doubt this killer carried a cell phone, or if they did it was a burner and not traceable.
    aggiehawg
    AG
    Captn_Ag05 said:

Watching the press conference. Police just said the ex-bf (Jack) is not thought to be involved.
    Not that surprised. The nerd factor of Jack pegged the scale.
    Corn Pop
    aggiehawg said:

W said:

It's a town of less than 26,000 late at night early morning hours. The number of pings whould not be that high.

But I doubt this killer carried a cell phone, or if they did it was a burner and not traceable.

Sounds like you're still on the highly planned out serial killer thought?
    titan
    S

That jealousy theory that it came from an ex (not necessarily the ex they are focused on, if she was active that way) has a certain ring of plausibility about it. That ex would then also probably be the stalker.

A jealous type willing to murder with knife is capable of killing others that are on the scene gratuitously. Look at the O.J. case.
    Jabin
    Quote:

If they did they were stupid and sloppy. Many serial killers, if this was a serial killer, are neither. As a result of this thread, I read a bit on Ted Bundy and he was apparently very meticulous in making sure that he did not leave evidence behind. That is one of several reasons why it took so long for him to be caught.

By the way, Ted Bundy's girlfriend turned him in several times as a suspect. Despite doing that, she would travel to Florida to see him and sleep with him. I'm having a very hard time wrapping my mind around that.
    fka ftc
    There could be something in between an ex and a stalker who is a stranger.

Maybe a guy friend who had been waiting for his chance when she recently became single? Maybe she is even interested in her at first then creeps her out and she rejects him.

He still comes around because they were all friends. But maybe around just a bit too often which prompts her "stalker" comment to friends, but no evidence of an actual stalker.

They have to know who the suspect is if they say targeted but will not say who to public. Would seem they feel they need to let the perp think they are not the focus so they slip up and either lead to their capture or provides they key evidence they need.

Strange.
    First Page Last Page
    Page 5 of 104

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.