University of Idaho - 4 college students murdered

484,175 Views | 3597 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Fireman
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can this guy just go ahead and hang himself in his jail cell already?
MsDoubleD81
AG
I don't understand why he's not vocally stating it's not him.
agcrock2005
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Agreed. Almost like he's tormenting the family through lawyers for fun. Can't imagine the famililes having to live through this nightmare every day without any firm date on when it might be over.
aggiepanic95
AG
agcrock2005 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

Agreed. Almost like he's tormenting the family through lawyers for fun. Can't imagine the famililes having to live through this nightmare every day without any firm date on when it might be over.

if hes the psychopath that he could be then he has no remorse or empathy for others and is enjoying this process. also likely wants to prove hes so smart he can literally get away with murder.
Not Coach Jimbo
TA-OP said:

48 Hours recently did a show on this case. Apparently, some of the parents have been doing their own investigation and fed that info to the network.

They (the Goncalves family) was pretty involved in this mini docu series. Completely understand his want to pressure and push things but the police/feds were obviously waaayyy ahead of everyone else (as they should be).

Here's the trailer.

DannyDuberstein
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

agcrock2005 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

if hes the psychopath that he could be then he has no remorse or empathy for others and is enjoying this process. also likely wants to prove hes so smart he can literally get away with murder.

Agree. Most innocents are not going to want to rot in jail for 2 years awaiting trial. Some of it I get as far as making sure you are ready to put on the best defense possible, but this sure seems like more than that
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Wow I'd forgotten about this one, never heard what supposedly happened. Is there a good recap somewhere? I went back several pages and didn't see one.
AtticusMatlock
He's doing exactly what he needs to do at this point. He's kept his mouth shut and he's trusting his attorney.

His attorney is rightfully concerned about pretrial publicity and is rightfully concerned about the slow pace of discovery. There are some chunks missing out of the cell phone data. He and his attorney cannot possibly go to trial with the lack of evidence turned over so far. If I'm not mistaken the state has yet to turn over the workflows that led to his DNA profile being matched to the knife sheath.

There are also terabytes of data to sift through.

At the timing is also being impacted by the judge scheduling hearing after hearing after hearing to talk about other hearings and to set dates for more hearings.

One of the primary reasons the trial is not yet taken place is the delay in discovery but also the unwillingness of the state and the judge to move the trial to another location like Boise. The state wanted the trial to take place during the summer so that there would be hotel availability and school would be out of session, reducing traffic and helping with logistics.
W
AG
has the connection to the 4 victims ever been established?

(or released)
Not Coach Jimbo
Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

Wow I'd forgotten about this one, never heard what supposedly happened. Is there a good recap somewhere? I went back several pages and didn't see one.

Rando grad stud student from neighboring wazzu is the accused. Don't *think* he has any significant link to the students murdered nor have they said a motive yet.

Weird guy, has some weird reddit stuff, criminal science studies. Got in trouble at wazzu (harassment or creep stuff) and moved back to PA where he was arrested.

Phone puts him in area at time of murder but is inconsistent. His alibi is that he likes to drive around alone in rural America... took a long drive at 2am and then suddenly turned around and headed home right after the murder (4am). It's normally a 10mile drive, he took a longer (45mile) route both ways.

Believe they also have cell data of him returning to scene of the crime next day (perhaps before reported?)

Was on FBI radar during his move back to PA, cops in Indiana stopped him twice for traffic stops to really check for any defensive wounds and appears to be some on the cams.

One really interesting thing to be learned will be what the hell was going on with the roommates that were there that night and didn't call the cops for hours.

The docuseries I posted the trailer of talks about a Snapchat chat group of students that knew about the murders (likely from the roomates) before the cops, and may have congregated outside the house before it was reported. The logs from that chat group were all erased and are (implied) evidence in the trial. Lots of wild speculation that it may have been a drug clean up, detox or remove evidence kind of thing.
DannyDuberstein
AG
There was also a knife sheath at the crime scene with his DNA on it
Not Coach Jimbo
Doh, Thanks, I wrote that but apparently lost that sentence when editing before posting.

His DNA on kabar sheath is the most incriminating thing linking him to the scene obviously.
agcrock2005
AG

Idaho judge rules on Bryan Kohberger's motion to change venue in student murder trial
Quote:

An Idaho judge has granted suspected quadruple murderer Bryan Kohberger's request to have his trial moved out of Latah County, where he is accused of killing four college students in an early morning home invasion attack.

Judge John Judge's order was unsealed Monday, moving the trial to an unspecified new location, possibly the larger Ada County -- and finding that massive media coverage of the case could taint the local jury in and around Moscow, where the attack took place.
aggiepanic95
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Idaho judge rules on Bryan Kohberger's motion to change venue in student murder trial
Quote:

An Idaho judge has granted suspected quadruple murderer Bryan Kohberger's request to have his trial moved out of Latah County, where he is accused of killing four college students in an early morning home invasion attack.

Judge John Judge's order was unsealed Monday, moving the trial to an unspecified new location, possibly the larger Ada County -- and finding that massive media coverage of the case could taint the local jury in and around Moscow, where the attack took place.

Wow, that's pretty huge.
A is A
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

Wow, that's pretty huge.
if the judge is worried about that - moving to Boise is not going to be any less tainted.
zgolfz85
AG
I hate that this bookmark keeps getting deleted
AtticusMatlock
It also helps with logistics. Moscow is a small college town with minimal hotel and other resource availability, especially during the school year. The judge was already worried about witnesses being able to find accommodations during the trial. Also concerned about traffic and parking.

Sending it to the most populous county will at least give them a shot of finding jurors who are more willing to be fair and not subject to so much local pressure.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Judge wrote that he based his decision on the "totality" of factors, including legal and logistical concerns, expert testimony and the concerns of lawyers on both sides.

"This Court orders a transfer of venue 'without specifying the new place of venue' and refers 'the case to the administrative director of the courts for assignment by the Supreme Court to a court of proper venue in another judicial district and assignment of a specific judge to preside in the criminal proceeding,'" Judge wrote.
Guess that gets it off of his docket. I would expect a new judge will cause further delay while they get up to speed? There have been many many pretrial motions and rulings in this case.
Kellso
AtticusMatlock said:

It also helps with logistics. Moscow is a small college town with minimal hotel and other resource availability, especially during the school year. The judge was already worried about witnesses being able to find accommodations during the trial. Also concerned about traffic and parking.

Sending it to the most populous county will at least give them a shot of finding jurors who are more willing to be fair and not subject to so much local pressure.

Mr. Matlock,

Has a motive been set for why this man may have killed these 4 girls?

It is smart for the judge to move the case to a more populace county. This is cutting down the avenue for appeals.
Petrino1
W said:

has the connection to the 4 victims ever been established?

(or released)
Hard to know whats real or not, but apparently he was a regular at the vegan restaurant that one of the victims worked at. He allegedly followed 3 of the victims on Instagram and sent multiple DM's to one of the victims that went unanswered.

https://people.com/crime/idaho-murders-suspect-bryan-kohberger-messaged-victim-instagram-says-source/
AtticusMatlock
I'm guessing that's some sort of standard procedure in idaho? I have no idea. If I'm not mistaken he also wrote that he wants to stay on the case.

AtticusMatlock
Despite holding multiple press conferences and doing interviews before the judge finally issued a gag order in the case, no one seems to have discussed motive. I'm sure the state has a theory but none of that is public yet.
aggiehawg
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

I'm guessing that's some sort of standard procedure in idaho? I have no idea. If I'm not mistaken he also wrote that he wants to stay on the case.

Beats me. Varies by state I guess. My assumption was that the judge would stay and move to the new venue. But maybe it is a jurisdictional question that the state SC has to sign off on?
zgolfz85
AG
if guilty, this dude is so lucky it's getting drawn out this long. more and more people forgetting about it by the day...
aggiehawg
AG
zgolfz85 said:

if guilty, this dude is so lucky it's getting drawn out this long. more and more people forgetting about it by the day...
In theory that is how it should work but in practice in such a small state that's not how it will work out. Remember death penalty cases receive an entire team of certified attorneys, investigators, psychologists, etc.

Moving to a larger population center expands the jury panel. Jury questionnaires etc. for a full blown jury expert report. Voir dire will still be a b**** to seat a jury.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Feeling uneasy about this one. The knife sheath should be enough, but hopefully they haven't effed up the cell tracking and that the witness holds up as far as giving nothing that could be viewed as exculpatory. He was sloppy enough to leave the sheath, but seemed to otherwise clean up successfully. If they didn't have the sheath, there'd be real issues
zgolfz85
AG
aggiehawg said:

zgolfz85 said:

In theory that is how it should work but in practice in such a small state that's not how it will work out. Remember death penalty cases receive an entire team of certified attorneys, investigators, psychologists, etc.

Moving to a larger population center expands the jury panel. Jury questionnaires etc. for a full blown jury expert report. Voir dire will still be a b**** to seat a jury.
I meant nationally and internationally. Yeah, locally I don't think anyone will forget and Idaho is a tiny and close knit population
Fireman
AG
Not Coach Jimbo said:

Doh, Thanks, I wrote that but apparently lost that sentence when editing before posting.

His DNA on kabar sheath is the most incriminating thing linking him to the scene obviously.
I would add there were two roommates in the home the night of the murders (unharmed), one of whom claims she opened her door and saw the killer, who resembles BK.
First Page Refresh
Page 103 of 103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.