University of Idaho - 4 college students murdered

484,205 Views | 3597 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Fireman
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had a college suite mate that was a bit touched in the head it seemed. He focused on this one girl and she knew him, but never really had any interest much less even looked his way. It was really strange how much he focused on it. I knew him for over a year and never got the impression there was anything violent or menacing in him and at first thought he was doing a bit.

It just went on too long and was too involved. I guess some people are just wired that way and if you have that type of personality disorder and a checkered past, anything can escalate.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
agracer
AG
That house layout diagram makes no sense. The stairs to the 3rd floor come up from the kitchen, but there are no stairs in the kitchen.
rynning
AG
If all the victims were killed in their beds, my guess is the house was picked randomly by a psychopath, which makes finding the killer extremely difficult without video or DNA.
Valtrex_11
rynning said:

If all the victims were killed in their beds, my guess is the house was picked randomly by a psychopath, which makes finding the killer extremely difficult without video or DNA.
yep this won't be solved.
rynning
AG
agracer said:

That house layout diagram makes no sense. The stairs to the 3rd floor come up from the kitchen, but there are no stairs in the kitchen.
I think there are stairs in the foyer of the second floor (to the third floor) not shown in the diagrams.
aggiehawg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

I had a college suite mate that was a bit touched in the head it seemed. He focused on this one girl and she knew him, but never really had any interest much less even looked his way. It was really strange how much he focused on it. I knew him for over a year and never got the impression there was anything violent or menacing in him and at first thought he was doing a bit.

It just went on too long and was too involved. I guess some people are just wired that way and if you have that type of personality disorder and a checkered past, anything can escalate.
I had some friends in HS that were genious level on the IQ scale. Class before me, my class, class after me. About 60 people. Six went insane. Kidnapped their female obsession, killed themselves, or just flat out killed themselves. Suicided because they received B in a college class.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Valtrex_11 said:

rynning said:

I'll take that bet.
TRADUCTOR
This guy likes killing and he ain't a local. Will continue until caught.
Mas89
AG
Rice student late 1960s?
aggiehawg
AG
Mas89 said:

Rice student late 1960s?
Mid late 70s actually. But it was Rice.
Mas89
AG
Sad. Family member of a close friend but would have been 66 or 67.
aggiehawg
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

This guy likes killing and he ain't a local. Will continue until caught.
Maybe not a local. Maybe the first time. Even if he is, he won't stop.

Female serial killers are more doctrinaire.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Not sure if related but interesting. Xana's mom arrested on drug charges.

Truvada
MsDoubleD81 said:

Not sure if related but interesting. Xana's mom arrested on drug charges.

charge your phone
Sea Speed
AG
At 64%? wtf?
BAP Enthusiast
Valtrex_11 said:

rynning said:

Yep, it's almost guaranteed to be a serial killer at this point. There is no motive at all and whoever did it will never be found. It could be someone from the town but they will never find out who it may have been.
fka ftc
Yep, I have no slept on it and come around to the conclusion that them not releasing any evidence and persons of interest is all the evidence you need to know they have nothing, no evidence at all, to develop leads and track down the killer.

Its a shame because I feel for the grieving families. But the collective genius at TexAgs has determined that the cops not releasing information to the public means they are totally incompetent and let the killer get away.

When they hold a press conference later today to announce the arrest and charges being filed, then I will check back here and accept the ridicule and poop slapping for this post. (/sarcasm)

But until then, I am waiting on Robert Stack to record the episode for Unsolved Mysteries.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

When they hold a press conference later today to announce the arrest and charges being filed, then I will check back here and accept the ridicule and poop slapping for this post.
I haven't seen where the are having a presser today. What time?

TIA.
tmaggie50
AG
If Ethan was with one of the girls, perhaps it was someone jealous that he was with her and took revenge on both of them. Although I don't know why you kill the other 2 on a different floor if that was the case. I assume each person was killed in their own room which would tell me they didn't walk in on the act or try to break it up.
fka ftc
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

When they hold a press conference later today to announce the arrest and charges being filed, then I will check back here and accept the ridicule and poop slapping for this post.

TIA.
Sorry hawg, was making a wise arse crack at the posters who continue to be adamant that the lack of info released by police is somehow evidence that "they have nothing".

Any release of information or press conference would be coincidental to my post.

Back on topic, the subreddit mentioned an incident earlier in the evening at the frat house and that the frat and many members scrubbed their social media (I have not verified through another source nor seen any other public detail about that). That makes the Ethan angle more interesting.
jopatura
AG
tmaggie50 said:

If Ethan was with one of the girls, perhaps it was someone jealous that he was with her and took revenge on both of them. Although I don't know why you kill the other 2 on a different floor if that was the case. I assume each person was killed in their own room which would tell me they didn't walk in on the act or try to break it up.

I've always thought that someone came with Ethan & Xana from the frat house, then Kaylee & Maddie saw that third person when they came home around the same time. Third person hangs out with Ethan & Xana for awhile while the other girls go to bed. Something happens, third person stabs Ethan & Xana, goes after the girls because they can ID them. Either doesn't know about the other roommates or wasn't going to waste time killing people that couldn't ID them. There's been some rumblings that one of the surviving roommates sent a text asking about "rummaging" upstairs and may have even gone to the other first floor room so the killer may have needed to get out ASAP.
aggiehawg
AG
fka ftc said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

TIA.
Sorry hawg, was making a wise arse crack at the posters who continue to be adamant that the lack of info released by police is somehow evidence that "they have nothing".

Any release of information or press conference would be coincidental to my post.

Back on topic, the subreddit mentioned an incident earlier in the evening at the frat house and that the frat and many members scrubbed their social media (I have not verified through another source nor seen any other public detail about that). That makes the Ethan angle more interesting.
Oh. Agree fully that the authrorities know more than they are releasing because that is standard procedure as withholding details is useful in sorting out the BS from tips. That increases exponentially on high profile cases such as this one.

The press has camped out in front of the main PD station, noting comings and goings there. Thanksgiving aside, still been pretty quiet.

The frat guys scrubbing their social media is a new twist that I had not heard of before. But if there had been some type of fight or incident at the frat house, you know someone would have had their phone out recording at least a part of it.

We'll see if that is important or not.

I'm still focusing on the interior bedroom doors being locked and the use of the sliding glass doors for ingress and egress. Suggests a higher degree of familiarity with the house, which has an unusual floorplan. Still wondering about the alarm system and whether those sliders were a part of it.
MsDoubleD81
AG
NOW you can tell me to charge my phone. LOL.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
aggiehawg said:

Oh. Agree fully that the authrorities know more than they are releasing because that is standard procedure as withholding details is useful in sorting out the BS from tips. That increases exponentially on high profile cases such as this one.

Now that the feds are involved, I wouldn't discount planted leaks either to help drive certain narratives if they do have leads they are trying to track down.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
aggiehawg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

aggiehawg said:

Now that the feds are involved, I wouldn't discount planted leaks either to help drive certain narratives if they do have leads they are trying to track down.
Is kind of curious that there have been no "unnamed sources familiar with the investigation" attributed stories yet, though.
Valtrex_11
BAP Enthusiast said:

Valtrex_11 said:

rynning said:

Yep, it's almost guaranteed to be a serial killer at this point. There is no motive at all and whoever did it will never be found. It could be someone from the town but they will never find out who it may have been.

This how these type of situations go unfortunately I know This will upset some of pet detectives in this thread
fka ftc
It is sort of interesting there has been a lot of "nope, it was not the ex bf" and "nope, its targeted" and "nope, no one who was on the original 911 call", "nope, not the uber driver" et cetera and then when the question is posed "what is it then" the response it pretty much just crickets.

They seem to be fairly aggressive in quashing misinfo and false leaves. You could blame that on an inexperienced PD the first few days but not now with state, feds and media involved.
FTAG 2000
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-investigators-rule-out-connection-between-college-murders-and-other-unsolved-stabbings

There's been two other late night stabbing murders in the region since 2020. Both unsolved.

I don't understand how they can rule those and this out as far as being related.
fka ftc
Some interesting posts on the reddit. A poster there pointed out that the pic of the 5 roommates and bf taken before the murders was actually not on the balcony / porch of the apartment as most would assume, but potentially from the apartments across street.

This particular thread discusses FBI at the house yesterday looking at sight lines.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MoscowMurders/comments/z4xkpi/fbi_agents_investigators_return_to_the_house/

Sea Speed
AG
They are scrubbing their social media because crazy people all over the world are going through it with a fine tooth comb trying to find ways to link them to a quadruple murder and will gladly call them out for anything else they see that they take offense to, not for some nefarious reason.
aggiehawg
AG
That man looking out the window looks like the county prosecutor to me, incorrectly designated as FBI.
W
AG
I would not give up hope yet.

it will heavily come down to the collection of blood evidence and DNA testing. That will provide more clues and information about the crime.

if the killer left behind any DNA...and is of European descent...genealogy mapping will have a chance to identify them

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Late in the morning Nov. 13, the two surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call was made from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates' cellphone. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow police officer arrived at the location. None of the people present for the 911 call is suspected in the crime. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.
This really bugs me. What about the other three people in two bedrooms. If they were pounding on the door trying to wake one up wouldn't they notice that no one else got up?

This is confusing as well.

Quote:

Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. Nov. 13 from businesses and residences in the area of West Taylor Ave (north boundary), West Palouse River Drive (south boundary), U.S. Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of U.S. 95 (east boundary) and the UI Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary).
Why limit it to 3 AM. Go back to midnight to establish when each roommate arrived back at the house and see if anyone else was in the area.

Also the pictures of the house indicate there are very few window coverings. Given the split level, did anyone walk outside to try to look through the sliding glass doors? The upper deck appears to only be accessible from inside and not have an outside staircase.

LINK
Truvada
W said:

it will heavily come down to the collection of blood evidence and DNA testing. That will provide more clues and information about the crime.

if the killer left behind any DNA...and is of European descent...genealogy mapping will have a chance to identify them

if he hasn't been arrested before on in the database DNA testing will not help here you been watching too much CSI
Jabin
Truvada said:

W said:

if he hasn't been arrested before on in the database DNA testing will not help here you been watching too much CSI
It could if a relative has had their DNA tested. They've closed several cold cases by zeroing in on the bad guy through relatives' DNA.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.