Who is the worst candidate you ever voted for?

7,995 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Phog06
Squadron7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McCain.

Not even close.
annie88
AG
Shoefly! said:

John Tower that snake eyed SOB. He hit on my aunt at a convention.

Was he a sniffer like Biden?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Irish 2.0
Martin Cash said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Wouldn't call it the worst, but I did vote for Kinky Friedman in 2006 which was the first year I could vote!
"Why the hell not?"
Kinky was more entertaining of a vote than anything. Worst would obviously Mittens or Maverick.
MostlyHarmless
AG
I've voted for plenty of bad candidates over the years. McCain was probably the worst. However, I don't regret any of them. As bad as many of them were the opposition was always worse.
samurai_science
annie88 said:

And this can include either those you expected to be good and weren't or others you hadn't planned to vote for but regretted shortly after the election?

I'll go first. Obama 2008.

Only major Democratic candidate I have ever voted for my life. I must've been out of my damn mind.

But I didn't like McCain.

McCain.

I knew about Obama from what he did (and didn't) in Chicago...not sure why people were so blind to his corruption and failures.
whatthehey78
AG
annie88 said:

whatthehey78 said:

Was going to say Jimmy C. but actually the worst was Geo. W. ...the fake Republican.

Wow. I was way too young for Carter but yeah, that was a bad vote. I was around 11 or 12 when he was running and I remember a lot of the press about him, his southern accent and his brother with the beer and the peanut stuff. He came across as very folksy. And I still think Carter is a good man but he was a horrible president.
My thoughts on JC. Being ex-Navy myself and him a former Navy Captain, plus his Christian faith were my reasons. Wish he had been a better POTUS. Voted Repub. ever since and was fooled by the Bushes...never again. "Pro Lifer" so that governs who I will vote for unless there are some other SERIOUS issue(s) in the mix.
coconutED
AG
The Pot smoker that ran in '16.
FriscoKid
AG
I really really don't like Abbott.

Not saying I'm voting Beto, but I'm not voting Abbott.
Kvetch
AG
Cornyn
Sq4fish83
AG
ts5641 said:

I was one of the dummies who voted for Perot. Just a horrible decision and led to Clinton.

Same
Shoefly!
AG
annie88 said:

Shoefly! said:

John Tower that snake eyed SOB. He hit on my aunt at a convention.

Was he a sniffer like Biden?

A lush and assgrabber!
Not a Bot
AG
Rick Perry
A Net Full of Jello
AG
annie88 said:

waitwhat? said:

Corn Pop said:

Obama. First year of eligibility to vote (19) and I was a moron college student. Why I believe voting age should be 21 at a minimum
I'd be happy raising voting age to 25 or higher. There is literally zero argument against saying that people should have some life experience under their belt before voting on how they think things should be.

"Bu-bu-but they pay taxes and should be able to vote!" So do 12 year olds mowing lawns (sales taxes) and 16 year olds working in fast food (income, FICA, sales, gas taxes) but we don't let them vote.

The only reason we'll never be able to raise the age to vote is because democrats would never win another election if it weren't for immature ideals of the young.

You can't ask for people to serve their country at 18 and not have a right to vote though, that's the real problem.
How about this? Service gets you the right to vote. Still being on your parents' medical insurance means you are a child and, therefore, cannot vote.
GeorgiAg
AG
Biden!
lb3
AG
ts5641 said:

I was one of the dummies who voted for Perot. Just a horrible decision and led to Clinton.
I would argue that a vote for Perot was a bad vote, but I don't think he was a bad candidate. A third party candidate collecting nearly 20% of the popular vote may never occur again.
AgBandsman
AG
1) Trump 2016
2) Trump 2020

If there's anything I've learned in the past 2 years, it's that Americans are much better off without that joke of a politician in the White House.
FrioAg 00
AG
Things that didn't happen for $1000
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Kinky Friedman
Tramp96
1. Romney
2. McCain

But I had no other choice.
Tramp96
AgBandsman said:

1) Trump 2016
2) Trump 2020

If there's anything I've learned in the past 2 years, it's that Americans are much better off without that joke of a politician in the White House.
whatthehey78
AG
AgBandsman said:

1) Trump 2016
2) Trump 2020

Wasn't aware AOC was a FTA Band member.
sonnysixkiller
AG
Little Bush. Twice
IndividualFreedom
What everyone needs to remember is Primary vs. General. I do not blame anyone for the McCain/Kerry/W vote in the General.

TX AG 88
AG
Sq4fish83 said:

ts5641 said:

Same

uh-oh, this is like the eric76 bat-signal.
fasthorse05
Romney
BG Knocc Out
Gary Johnson back in 2012. Horrible.

nortex97
AG
Clown Baby said:

Close between Romney and McCain. Probably McCain.
Exactly how I feel. I think I voted for Romney in the primary too, though, which makes it somehow worse. He had come a year or two before and talked at my church (had a book out at the time I think).

Nothing short of paul pelosi shenanigans from him could disappoint me more at this point with respect to his character.
TheEternalPessimist
George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

I was suckered that they were conservatives..... they were merely liberals who tapped the brakes a bit on progressivism. They also pushed through the Patriot Act and other legislation which has enabled and emboldened the deep state's spying and harassment of American Citizens.

Unfortunately, the alternatives in 2000 and 2004 (Gore and Kerry) were worse.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Charpie
AG
For those of you who say GW, Cheney, Romney and McCain, who would you have voted for instead?
AgNav93
AG
annie88 said:

AgNav93 said:

McCain or Romney. Take your pick. I should say at the time they seemed like good choices. History showed them to RINOs.

True. Remember one of the debates between Romney and Obama and Romney was saying how Russia would be one of our worst foes and he laughed at him.

It is shocking to see how far off the reservation Romney, and McCain before he died, went. largely, but not wholly, because of their hatred of Trump.
There was a famous quip from Obama in that debate: "the 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back". All the liberal pundits chortled with glee at how witty their messiah was. And here we are. Funny how that never gets mentioned.
Psycho Bunny
Regretted voting for
Bush in 04
McCain in 08
Romney in 12
Señor Chang
AG
ts5641 said:

I wouldn't regret that too much. He probably would have been a much better President than either Bush or Clinton.
Tramp96
Charpie said:

For those of you who say GW, Cheney, Romney and McCain, who would you have voted for instead?

There was no other choice. I don't regret voting for them, but they were the worst candidates I ever voted for.
Ag98inTexas
AG
One year I wrote in Willie Nelson for Governor just so I could say I did. I regret it because I did not know at the time how much of a leftie he is/was.
Aggie4Life02
AG
George W Bush.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.