Austin falling down the Liberal Hell Hole - Personal Experience

27,861 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag with kids
BurnetAggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Come on down to Burnet. Burnet is conserative and the local government is all Republicans. Also Burnet is smart about commercial growth as they still want to keep the small town rural feel intact.
dmart90
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

I work in Austin. Our office has a 1 floor garage on the first floor. I walk out and see someone walking around my vehicle and as I walk up he starts checking the door handles I tell him to stop that's my car. I ask him to leave and he won't leave. I'm standing next to my driver side door and his partner starts to get out of their car next to me. I tell him to stay in the car they refuse. I jump in my car and hall but out of the garage. They jump in their car and take off after me. I get on the access road and onto the highway. They don't get on the highway so I think this is done. Then the driver leans out his window yelling then I hear a bang. He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.

Once I meet with the police they say this is a daily occurrence in Austin now. Among others, the Austin Police Department has lost their highway enforcement division, their drug enforcement division, their gang division and the zone that I was in was supposed to have 11 officers with patrol units only has 8. I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.

1. Carry
2. Get out and Vote! I live in Round Rock in Williamson County but the garbage that defunded the police won't stay in Travis county if you don't vote out the liberals. The Liberals want you to be afraid. They want you to suffer so they prosper.

Be safe out there. The officer stated that Austin was a very dangerous place right now and I am betting most big cities are as they are invested with Liberal garbage.

Honestly, I live in CP and wilco is a losing battle. Was looking at Liberty Hill but it's going the same way. Cant wait to gtfo of the Austin area. Westlake is probably the only safety net as they run their own program.

And yet, last time I was in Westlake my truck was broken into. I've spoken to the Wilco sheriff's office a couple of times. They said always call and don't engage the perps. The people they are saying commit crimes today are armed and willing to shoot. No need to take a chance.
Hungry Ojos
Hammerly High Dive Crips said:

Hungry Ojos said:

For those asking if he was carrying, at what point in the story would you have drawn your weapon?

Probably not at any point in this story, but it could have gone numerous different ways. Only a fool would rather be unarmed if told he was about to encounter some car jacking thugs with pistols. Would you rather not have that option?

I wasn't questioning the advice to carry. I carry everywhere. I was more looking for advice on when the board thought it might be legally adequate to draw and fire because I wasn't sure.
redcrayon
AG
Cromagnum said:

MemphisAg1 said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

I would move if I were you. Your family is more important than your job and you senselessly murdered will ruin their lives
Most businesses will not let you carry into the office. You can keep it in your vehicle, but the walk from office to vehicle is unarmed... or break the company policy and risk being fired.

My company won't even let you have one in your vehicle on company grounds (which is open access to the public anyways). Not that it would do much good because if it were in your vehicle when this goes down, it would be no use to you.

Do they search your car or frisk you?
black_ice
What was their race?
Aston 91
AG
I'm close enough to the area that the other incident involving these perps (where they pointed a gun but didn't shoot) is on my Nextdoor discussion. Here's a pic of the vehicle taken from the Nextdoor post:
[img][/img]
Irish 2.0
Personally, I'd tell my employer I will not be returning to the office until proper measures to improve employee safety are put into place. The PR nightmare of trying to force you back into the office will far outweight the cost of pressuring the property manager to add security. You literally have it documented that you were chased and shot at due to an incident that happened on site. If you work for a larger company, I'd take it right to the top if the local office tries to brush you off.
TxTarpon

Quote:

I work in Austin.

Quote:

He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.
So glad you were not hurt.
Amateur, drug addict, butt hurt thieves prob with a serious drug habbit.
Real thieves would have just left when you showed up for another target.
Quote:

I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.
Oh man, same day?!?!
Page Charles Bronson.

So glad you were not hurt.
Hope you get your car fixed in a reasonable time frame.
TxTarpon
black_ice said:

What was their race?
In Austin?
White liberal.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Hungry Ojos said:

For those asking if he was carrying, at what point in the story would you have drawn your weapon?

Probably not at any point in this story, but it could have gone numerous different ways. Only a fool would rather be unarmed if told he was about to encounter some car jacking thugs with pistols. Would you rather not have that option?

I wasn't questioning the advice to carry. I carry everywhere. I was more looking for advice on when the board thought it might be legally adequate to draw and fire because I wasn't sure.
When it becomes necessary to stop the commission of a forcible felony or there is reasonable fear of great bodily harm to yourself or others. "Reasonable" is the keyword here.

Flipping door handles at noon and giving a sob story doesn't rise to the level of draw and fire, IMO. Could it have? Sure, if he continued to engage them, it sounds like he would have likely been staring at a pistol for his trouble.
OP immediately left, however, which was the right call given the outcome and his available options.

Remember, you're talking about taking someone's life. If your question was serious (and it's a good question) please seek education on the use of deadly force from a qualified 3rd party, not online.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Quote:

Because the only way that would work is to replace all the people. Especially all of the artists/musician types, professional bartenders and waitstaff. The folks who made Austin an interesting place to visit and to live.

This isn't the 70's bro. Their music and art almost entirely sucks @ss now. Would not be a loss. My buddy's biker dad told stories of 1970's/80's Austin and it sounded amazing back then. Hippies and cowboys and wasn't almost entirely concrete jungle, with a few nature carve-outs. Hell, it was cool in the 90's and early 2000's. We went there on a staycation a few summers ago and the longhorn wife was even like "wth has happened to this place???".

Austin has lost its soul, or everything that used to make it special. And it's never coming back. It sure likes to try hard though.
Joes
Howdy Dammit said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

I would move if I were you. Your family is more important than your job and you senselessly murdered will ruin their lives

Move where. Every major city is a blue cesspool.
Exactly. This is what I don't get with the constant "Texit" fantasy. Don't those people realize that Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio would be coming with us and would still dominate? Texas big cities are no better than anywhere else. I've got more in common with people who live in Cold Spring, New York than I do with people in Dallas.
TxTarpon
UTExan said:

I know you are going to be bombarded with advice, but there are lots of 9mm small handgun options out there. Unless your office has a metal detector I would carry. I did in fact, carry concealed for years before Texas had rational concealed carry laws.
Did you have your Texas peace officer license then?
It was easier for yall to do that than just "civilians."
TxTarpon
You are spot on sir.
Sadly spot on.
Hungry Ojos
gotsand said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Hungry Ojos said:

When it becomes necessary to stop the commission of a forcible felony or there is reasonable fear of great bodily harm to yourself or others. "Reasonable" is the keyword here.

Flipping door handles at noon and giving a sob story doesn't rise to the level of draw and fire, IMO. Could it have? Sure, if he continued to engage them, it sounds like he would have likely been staring at a pistol for his trouble.
OP immediately left, however, which was the right call given the outcome and his available options.

Remember, you're talking about taking someone's life. If your question was serious (and it's a good question) please seek education on the use of deadly force from a qualified 3rd party, not online.

The thing you also have to remember though is that in Travis County, if you shoot a minority, you are GOING to get indicted and likely convicted of murder no matter what the circumstances. When the exact same fact pattern, in say, Tyler, would draw a no bill. I absolutely hate that the law is applied so unevenly across the state, purely on political grounds, but it's also something we have to be cognizant of.
oh no
AG
I'm sorry to inform you OP, but if you don't vote for the criminals' party, ultra-MAGAs will take all your rights away. CNN and Joe Biden told me so. If you want to preserve the sacred right of crushing baby skulls and throwing their bodies away, you're going to have to accept all the encouraged and incentivized violent crimes of the enlightened liberals.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

gotsand said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Hungry Ojos said:

The thing you also have to remember though is that in Travis County, if you shoot a minority, you are GOING to get indicted and likely convicted of murder no matter what the circumstances. When the exact same fact pattern, in say, Tyler, would draw a no bill. I absolutely hate that the law is applied so unevenly across the state, purely on political grounds, but it's also something we have to be cognizant of.
If true, you answered your own question. Easy.
cryption
Or, don't tell anyone you have it and no one will know. That's why it's called a concealed weapon
Jason C.
AG
Cromagnum said:

My company won't even let you have one in your vehicle on company grounds (which is open access to the public anyways). Not that it would do much good because if it were in your vehicle when this goes down, it would be no use to you.

Companies that do this that don't also have armed guards, preferably police, should get their butts sued off whenever anything happens. Negligence/premises liability is complicated under Texas law, but this is just ridiculous.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

MemphisAg1 said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

Most businesses will not let you carry into the office. You can keep it in your vehicle, but the walk from office to vehicle is unarmed... or break the company policy and risk being fired.

If you are in Texas your company can not legally keep you from keeping a gun in your truck.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Tookieclothespin
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

HowdyTAMU said:

Wow! Glad my wife isn't working in downtown any more.
This was near McNeil and 183. No where close to downtown and in a small 3 story office building.
Geez. That is supposed to be an ok part of 183. Or at least when I grew up on ATX is was. We mostly steered clear of anything 183 east of mopac. I guess nothing is safe anymore.
FJB
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Aston 91 said:

I'm close enough to the area that the other incident involving these perps (where they pointed a gun but didn't shoot) is on my Nextdoor discussion. Here's a pic of the vehicle taken from the Nextdoor post:
[img][/img]
That is the same car and the same perps.

Trump 2024
txags92
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

Your life is worth more than your job...
TxTarpon
Quote:

If you are in Texas your company can not legally keep you from keeping a gun in your truck.

It used to be if you had the govt privilege license to carry this was true.
Quote:

Old Section 52.061 of the Texas Labor Code provides that an "employer may not prohibit an employee who holds a license to carry a concealed handgun... from transporting or storing a firearm... in a locked, privately owned motor vehicle in a parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area the employer provides for employees."

Now
Quote:

New Texas Labor Code 52.061 covers the laws related to employees bringing a firearm or ammunition to work. An employer may not prohibit an employee from transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition in the employee's locked, privately owned vehicle in the employer's parking lot.

Have there been any challenges to this?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Aston 91 said:

[img][/img]
Aston 91, The investigator was looking for any other pictures or video of the incident. Can you post a link to the next door here or any other pictures that you may have?

Thank you

Trump 2024
ABattJudd
AG
HumpitPuryear said:

Another vote for the P365. Very concealable with the 10rd mag. I have a 12rd mag in it when it's in the car. You can also get a 15rd but that's going to be harder to conceal obviously.

I bought mine a few weeks ago because I have to go to Austin and other liberal metro areas regularly. Liberals creating a lot of concealed carry advocates lately
I'm a large dude in all three dimensions. I carry a Ruger SR9C 17+1. It conceals pretty well for me, but it also comes with a 10-round mag that would be better for someone who's smaller on the z-axis.

Since I'm a school teacher, I really can't carry at work (in Florida).

With my real estate side business, I ALWAYS carry.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
KRamp90
AG
From my Nextdoor, Great Hills area...

These guys took a package off my porch and checked my neighbor's mailbox. I followed them to the cul de sac where they were opening the mailbox on the west side of the circle. The driver got back in the car drove 50' and when he noticed I was following them, trying to get a license plate pic, he got out of the Cadillac and pointed a .45 at me. Police came to take my statement and while doing so a call came in that a guy in an office park by Academy on 183 surprised them going through his truck. They fired a round which hit the truck. Contact APD if you have any info or ring video of this vehicle with 2 black males in it; case #222410598.
Aston 91
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Aston 91 said:

[img][/img]
That is the same car and the same perps.
Not sure that it helps any, but here's the description of the incident on Nextdoor. I'm sure it's the same guys, but I did notice that this victim described the perps as black, while you said they were Hispanic. I have no idea what race they were (and maybe they were both black and Hispanic) but I guess it's probably more of an indication how adrenaline and other factors can affect eye witness accounts.

Nextdoor Post:
These guys took a package off my porch and checked my neighbor's mailbox. I followed them to the cul de sac where they were opening the mailbox on the west side of the circle. The driver got back in the car drove 50' and when he noticed I was following them, trying to get a license plate pic, he got out of the Cadillac and pointed a .45 at me. Police came to take my statement and while doing so a call came in that a guy in an office park by Academy on 183 surprised them going through his truck. They fired a round which hit the truck. Contact APD if you have any info or ring video of this vehicle with 2 black males in it; case #222410598.
planoaggie123
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Personally, I'd tell my employer I will not be returning to the office until proper measures to improve employee safety are put into place. The PR nightmare of trying to force you back into the office will far outweight the cost of pressuring the property manager to add security. You literally have it documented that you were chased and shot at due to an incident that happened on site. If you work for a larger company, I'd take it right to the top if the local office tries to brush you off.
This.

Work for a company and we park in a large, partially public garage.

There was a murder in our garage in the "public" portion several floors down.

Thankfully our company immediately worked with the garage ownership group and got more lights installed, added more security cameras and increased the number of people patrolling and always keep 2 on our floor during business hours. Its not cheap but its a function of our location and understanding the value of life...
sleepybeagle
AG
I lived in Austin since 1986. Moved to Rockdale 2 years ago.
Baby Billy
AG
If anyone is looking for a compact 9mm | TexAgs
op_06
AG
I'm an Austin cop and have posted about issues multiple times in the recent years concerning the department's funding, staffing, and crime within Austin.

I was assigned to this call. OP is 100% correct with what he says happened during both incidents. We didn't meet, but I had to swing by his scene to grab something from our crime scene folks for the first scene and saw him walking around.

I'm greatful no one was injured. This could've easily resulted in an even more heinous incident. I'm confident these guys will be ID'd shortly. Our Agg assault and robbery detectives are great at what they do, as are most cops in Austin.

Violent crime is through the roof and incidents like this occur multiple times a day in Austin whether it be an interrupted package theft, robbery, or road rage incident with weapons involved. This doesn't even include the violent crime where the victim and suspect know each other.

Of note, the first victim was also carrying when he was held up at gunpoint. This stuff unfolds fast as OP mentioned and having a shootout isn't likely going to end well. The best thing to do is be hyper vigilant and aware of your surroundings at all times. When something seems off, hang back and call the police. Be a great witness and prepare to defend yourself if whatever you're witnessing is pushed in your direction. Y'all aren't paid to confront *******s in parking garages and property isn't worth a life. In this case, it seems like the suspects had "I'm good at making stupid decisions" tattooed pretty well across their faces and necks. The FBI would call that a clue.

I understand the sentiment of engaging with them to see what they're doing. but more often than not you're attempting to be rational with an irrational person who is not fearful of any type of consequence. This isn't meant to be a dig at the OPs actions of confronting them. Just proof is in the pudding. These ****ers were confronted by 2 men (one of them armed), and both times were brazen enough to display and discharge their gun. Until folks start fearing consequences and repercussions, this stuff isn't going to slow down. So prepare yourself accordingly and stay safe.
ProgN
i-miss-the-republic said:

Question for LE or trial attorneys on here. At what point are you legally justified in drawing your carry piece and ending the perps? I was always taught "clear and present danger to your life" by CC instructors. That's pretty broad. Where's the line? Not letting me approach the car or "appearing threatening" is not enough. Do you have to wait for them to start approaching you? Where does de-escalation play into it. In the back of my mind I always think a judge would say "You could have walked away."
I'm not an attorney or an LE but I promise you if I'm ever on a jury for a citizen that defended him/herself and double taps a threat, then that person will walk. If I can't get everyone to acquit, then I will hang the jury.
whytho987654
Fightin_Aggie said:

I work in Austin. Our office has a 1 floor garage on the first floor. I walk out and see someone walking around my vehicle and as I walk up he starts checking the door handles I tell him to stop that's my car. I ask him to leave and he won't leave. I'm standing next to my driver side door and his partner starts to get out of their car next to me. I tell him to stay in the car they refuse. I jump in my car and hall but out of the garage. They jump in their car and take off after me. I get on the access road and onto the highway. They don't get on the highway so I think this is done. Then the driver leans out his window yelling then I hear a bang. He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.

Once I meet with the police they say this is a daily occurrence in Austin now. Among others, the Austin Police Department has lost their highway enforcement division, their drug enforcement division, their gang division and the zone that I was in was supposed to have 11 officers with patrol units only has 8. I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.

1. Carry
2. Get out and Vote! I live in Round Rock in Williamson County but the garbage that defunded the police won't stay in Travis county if you don't vote out the liberals. The Liberals want you to be afraid. They want you to suffer so they prosper.

Be safe out there. The officer stated that Austin was a very dangerous place right now and I am betting most big cities are as they are invested with Liberal garbage.
Austin area is very dangerous, surprised more conservatives arent moving to belton/temple
whytho987654
op_06 said:

I'm an Austin cop and have posted about issues multiple times in the recent years concerning the department's funding, staffing, and crime within Austin.

I was assigned to this call. OP is 100% correct with what he says happened during both incidents. We didn't meet, but I had to swing by his scene to grab something from our crime scene folks for the first scene and saw him walking around.

I'm greatful no one was injured. This could've easily resulted in an even more heinous incident. I'm confident these guys will be ID'd shortly. Our Agg assault and robbery detectives are great at what they do, as are most cops in Austin.

Violent crime is through the roof and incidents like this occur multiple times a day in Austin whether it be an interrupted package theft, robbery, or road rage incident with weapons involved. This doesn't even include the violent crime where the victim and suspect know each other.

Of note, the first victim was also carrying when he was held up at gunpoint. This stuff unfolds fast as OP mentioned and having a shootout isn't likely going to end well. The best thing to do is be hyper vigilant and aware of your surroundings at all times. When something seems off, hang back and call the police. Be a great witness and prepare to defend yourself if whatever you're witnessing is pushed in your direction. Y'all aren't paid to confront *******s in parking garages and property isn't worth a life. In this case, it seems like the suspects had "I'm good at making stupid decisions" tattooed pretty well across their faces and necks. The FBI would call that a clue.

I understand the sentiment of engaging with them to see what they're doing. but more often than not you're attempting to be rational with an irrational person who is not fearful of any type of consequence. This isn't meant to be a dig at the OPs actions of confronting them. Just proof is in the pudding. These ****ers were confronted by 2 men (one of them armed), and both times were brazen enough to display and discharge their gun. Until folks start fearing consequences and repercussions, this stuff isn't going to slow down. So prepare yourself accordingly and stay safe.

Undiagnosed psychiatric disorders are rampant out there now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.