Austin falling down the Liberal Hell Hole - Personal Experience

27,805 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag with kids
Fightin_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I work in Austin. Our office has a 1 floor garage on the first floor. I walk out and see someone walking around my vehicle and as I walk up he starts checking the door handles I tell him to stop that's my car. I ask him to leave and he won't leave. I'm standing next to my driver side door and his partner starts to get out of their car next to me. I tell him to stay in the car they refuse. I jump in my car and hall but out of the garage. They jump in their car and take off after me. I get on the access road and onto the highway. They don't get on the highway so I think this is done. Then the driver leans out his window yelling then I hear a bang. He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.

Once I meet with the police they say this is a daily occurrence in Austin now. Among others, the Austin Police Department has lost their highway enforcement division, their drug enforcement division, their gang division and the zone that I was in was supposed to have 11 officers with patrol units only has 8. I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.

1. Carry
2. Get out and Vote! I live in Round Rock in Williamson County but the garbage that defunded the police won't stay in Travis county if you don't vote out the liberals. The Liberals want you to be afraid. They want you to suffer so they prosper.

Be safe out there. The officer stated that Austin was a very dangerous place right now and I am betting most big cities are as they are invested with Liberal garbage.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
The Dirty Sock
Glad you're alive.
flakrat
AG
Damn! Glad you weren't hit?
joerobert_pete06
AG
Were you not carrying?

I would move if I were you. Your family is more important than your job and you senselessly murdered will ruin their lives
Fightin_Aggie
AG
No. We were both doing 50 and this dude was shooting from below me and at least 50yds away. I have no idea how he hit my door.

After going over what happened I think they were waiting there to try to car jack someone and I just happened upon them as they went for a soft score. Pretty sure if I hadn't driven off they would have taken my truck by any means necessary.

Trump 2024
The Fall Guy
AG
Will post my recent experience before PotCake says Austin is safe and we can't say anything about Austin because it's hip.

3 weeks ago at my work off of Hancock and Balconies Dr sitting at my desk and I heard a commotion in the entrance. A drunk large homeless man came into the office asking where he can see a friend. 5 of us grabbed him and led him out the door. We locked the front door and the man banged on the window to let him in. Cops were called and it took 45 minutes for them to come. In that 45 minutes the man went into several other businesses and they called the cops.

We work in a shopping center in a neighborhood of million dollar homes next to an elementary school and the nearest bar is 2 to 3 miles away.

I am sorry that happened to you OP. Yes carry always
MemphisAg1
AG
Brought to you by Democrats.
Clob94
OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

HowdyTAMU
AG
Wow! Glad my wife isn't working in downtown any more.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Damn….I'd be carrying this day forward.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Liberalism kills. Start dehumanizing liberals in your mind. They are not like us. And if you live in any major metro area, start carrying. I could not believe what I saw in downtown LA a few months ago. I think that is the path just about every major city is on.
MemphisAg1
AG
joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

I would move if I were you. Your family is more important than your job and you senselessly murdered will ruin their lives
Most businesses will not let you carry into the office. You can keep it in your vehicle, but the walk from office to vehicle is unarmed... or break the company policy and risk being fired.
APHIS AG
You just have had personal experience that you and the rest of law abiding Austin are on your own.

Time to start carrying.
Signel
AG
I went back this year for a conference, and it did not seem as bad as 2019 and pre pandemic. I guess that was because the homeless had been somewhat cleaned up compared to before (tent cities.)
Fightin_Aggie
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Will post my recent experience before PotCake says Austin is safe and we can't say anything about Austin because it's hip.

3 weeks ago at my work off of Hancock and Balconies Dr sitting at my desk and I heard a commotion in the entrance. A drunk large homeless man came into the office asking where he can see a friend. 5 of us grabbed him and led him out the door. We locked the front door and the man banged on the window to let him in. Cops were called and it took 45 minutes for them to come. In that 45 minutes the man went into several other businesses and they called the cops.

We work in a shopping center in a neighborhood of million dollar homes next to an elementary school and the nearest bar is 2 to 3 miles away.

They actually responded very quickly to my incident because they were already investigating the prior incident but the perp was already gone. Had he hit me I doubt they would have ever found him. I don't know that they will ever find him as he was armed and extremely dangerous.

He did not care about me, my property or himself. He was also tatted up with sleeves and up to the neck but nothing on the face. He was not someone that should be approached but because the distance from the door to my truck was so short (maybe 30') by the time I saw him I was already 10' away.

Based on my phone call to the police and my text with my friend who I was meeting for lunch the whole incident took roughly 60 seconds.

Trump 2024
zoneag
I believe in 2021 Austin set an all time record for homicides. That's what you get in a city overrun by leftists who vote in a Soros DA and gut their police department. Sad, it's my hometown but I will never move back. Any time I go down that way I bypass it on the toll road.
APHIS AG
MemphisAg1 said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

Most businesses will not let you carry into the office. You can keep it in your vehicle, but the walk from office to vehicle is unarmed... or break the company policy and risk being fired.
I would look for another job out of Austin for if your company can care less about your safety, time to leave for things are only going to get worse.

Also, reading above regarding the tattoos, this sounds like an MS-13 gang member, which means that he is an illegal also.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Clob94 said:

OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g19

How does that compare to this

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

Kinda of a smaller framed individual.

Trump 2024
MemphisAg1
AG
APHIS AG said:

MemphisAg1 said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

I would look for another job out of Austen for if your company can care less about your safety, time to leave for things are only going to get worse.
I understand that, but I'd bet the companies that let you carry into the office are less than 5% of employers. And that's probably a generous estimate.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
HowdyTAMU said:

This was near McNeil and 183. No where close to downtown and in a small 3 story office building.

Trump 2024
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Fightin_Aggie said:

The Fall Guy said:

They actually responded very quickly to my incident because they were already investigating the prior incident but the perp was already gone. Had he hit me I doubt they would have ever found him. I don't know that they will ever find him as he was armed and extremely dangerous.

He did not care about me, my property or himself. He was also tatted up with sleeves and up to the neck but nothing on the face. He was not someone that should be approached but because the distance from the door to my truck was so short (maybe 30') by the time I saw him I was already 10' away.

Based on my phone call to the police and my text with my friend who I was meeting for lunch the whole incident took roughly 60 seconds.

The world needs more Charles Bronsons

UTExan
I know you are going to be bombarded with advice, but there are lots of 9mm small handgun options out there. Unless your office has a metal detector I would carry. I did in fact, carry concealed for years before Texas had rational concealed carry laws.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
APHIS AG
UTExan said:

I know you are going to be bombarded with advice, but there are lots of 9mm small handgun options out there. Unless your office has a metal detector I would carry. I did in fact, carry concealed for years before Texas had rational concealed carry laws.
Their are some very nice .380 guns that are small, comfortable in the hand, and are quite concealable.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
UTExan said:

I plan to work on getting the carry down. I am a smaller guy without much fat so it means wardrobe changes and is difficult for a smaller guy.

But I do agree I should be carrying. I would like more training first. Not easy to find a place to be honest. But I need to do it because we are being invaded by evil on all sides.

Trump 2024
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

If you are smaller framed, the p365 might be your best bet, but you'd be surprised with how concealable the 19 is. Plus you get 15+1 rounds in the Glock, vs 10+1. Glock also makes a few slim line models now that are similar to the G19 dimensions but just thinner and easier to conceal. I would definitely try to shoot both and test them out under clothing and see what you think.

I shot my Glock 19 better than my brother's p365 personally. And better than my S&W M&P Shield.

Also, maybe try appendix carry if you are on the leaner side? I would recommend a Tulster IWB holster.

The Fall Guy
AG
https://www.lonestargunrange.com/

Great place to shoot and they have classes.
HowdyTAMU
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

HowdyTAMU said:

This was near McNeil and 183. No where close to downtown and in a small 3 story office building.
Wow! The cancer just keeps spreading northward.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Wow. Glad it was your door and not your window.
Martin Cash
AG
And the morons who run the city just voted themselves a 40% pay raise to $120,000.00.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Hungry Ojos
For those asking if he was carrying, at what point in the story would you have drawn your weapon?
Rapier108
Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

Can't go wrong with a Sig.

Another good one to consider the Springfield Hellcat or Hellcat Pro.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Clob94
Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

My other half carried the 365 for a little while-- she is small in stature-- but she had trouble racking the slide. So I took the 365 for my boot gun and got her the S&W 380 EZ. You can rack that thing with your teeth. She loves it. And it'll poke good holes too.
Blitz88
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

I work in Austin. Our office has a 1 floor garage on the first floor. I walk out and see someone walking around my vehicle and as I walk up he starts checking the door handles I tell him to stop that's my car. I ask him to leave and he won't leave. I'm standing next to my driver side door and his partner starts to get out of their car next to me. I tell him to stay in the car they refuse. I jump in my car and hall but out of the garage. They jump in their car and take off after me. I get on the access road and onto the highway. They don't get on the highway so I think this is done. Then the driver leans out his window yelling then I hear a bang. He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.

Once I meet with the police they say this is a daily occurrence in Austin now. Among others, the Austin Police Department has lost their highway enforcement division, their drug enforcement division, their gang division and the zone that I was in was supposed to have 11 officers with patrol units only has 8. I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.

1. Carry
2. Get out and Vote! I live in Round Rock in Williamson County but the garbage that defunded the police won't stay in Travis county if you don't vote out the liberals. The Liberals want you to be afraid. They want you to suffer so they prosper.

Be safe out there. The officer stated that Austin was a very dangerous place right now and I am betting most big cities are as they are invested with Liberal garbage.
Describe the perp(s)……
Clob94
Hungry Ojos said:

For those asking if he was carrying, at what point in the story would you have drawn your weapon?
Can't make that determination. You had to have been there and seen it to have an opinion that could hold water.
Rapier108
Clob94 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

OP--- glad you're ok.

Buy a G19.
Carry it.
Practice monthly.

Good luck out there.

My other half carried the 365 for a little while-- she is small in stature-- but she had trouble racking the slide. So I took the 365 for my boot gun and got her the S&W 380 EZ. You can rack that thing with your teeth. She loves it. And it'll poke good holes too.
S&W now offers the M&P EZ in .30 Super Carry. It's a new round developed by Federal and is designed to be smaller, but with the same power/ballistics (or better) of the 9mm. Lots of good reviews the gun and round have been getting. The non-EZ holds more rounds 13/16 vs. 10 for the EZ.

So far those are the only guns in .30 Super Carry.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.