Austin falling down the Liberal Hell Hole - Personal Experience

27,841 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag with kids
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The whole city and surrounds north of the river is my territory, and I do field engineering for a utility, so I see some pretty sketchy areas, and done really nice ones. McNeil @183 ixx as near some sketchier areas and 183 gives fast access in and out, but it's not nearly the worst. The criminals go where the money and stuff is.

My brother in law is an APD detective, and used to do traffic fatalities. They work hard but the city isn't exactly supportive, at least openly, because of their idiotic virtue signaling attempts to out-sanctimony their peers in other cities. They do what they can but you have to take into account now, sadly, that each of us has to look after ourselves because nobody else is going to be able to.

A big part of it is spotting potent for risky circumstances and avoiding them as much as reasonable.
lb3
AG
You need to speak to your employer (or their property manager) about the need for armed security in the garage, informing them of the incident and the enhanced liability that comes as a result of the knowledge of this and likely other incidents like this.

Don't give the cops too hard of a time. Even had they caught the perpetrators, they would have just been released on bond and if ever convicted in Travis County, would likely just get probation. It's a lose lose situation.

Sorry you had to experience that.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Clob94 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

For those asking if he was carrying, at what point in the story would you have drawn your weapon?
Can't make that determination. You had to have been there and seen it to have an opinion that could hold water.
The only time to draw would have been when I jumped in the car and was leaving. So I would have had to decide to draw or run.

I didn't have the draw option so I ran. Jumped in and wasn't stopping for anyone as I feared for my life at that point.

Again this all happened quickly. From the time I first saw him to when I was shot was 60 seconds based on my text messages and calls to 911.

The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Hungry Ojos
Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

For those asking if he was carrying, at what point in the story would you have drawn your weapon?
Can't make that determination. You had to have been there and seen it to have an opinion that could hold water.
The only time to draw would have been when I jumped in the car and was leaving. So I would have had to decide to draw or run.

I didn't have the draw option so I ran. Jumped in and wasn't stopping for anyone as I feared for my life at that point.

Again this all happened quickly. From the time I first saw him to when I was shot was 60 seconds based on my text messages and calls to 911.

Did they say anything to you while you were getting in your truck or make any threats or anything? I think as soon as they start to advance on me or make a verbal threat, I'd just kill em. Not gonna take a chance.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
lb3 said:

You need to speak to your employer (or their property manager) about the need for armed security in the garage, informing them of the incident and the enhanced liability that comes as a result of the knowledge of this and likely other incidents like this.

Don't give the cops too hard of a time. Even had they caught the perpetrators, they would have just been released on bond and if ever convicted in Travis County, would likely just get probation. It's a lose lose situation.

Sorry you had to experience that.
Already discussed that and they thought it was too expensive.

I am not litigious but I am considering filing suit against the property owner. Their is a known crime area close by and they have not done anything about it.

This perp was actually not from there because they avoid our office as it is too close to their operations but the management is not doing enough.

I did ask the cops if the perp was caught would they even prosecute and had really compartmentalized it.

Their response was we just do our job. That is very sad for them and the community.

What I continue to not understand is why people need to suffer so much before they realize that what they are doing is wrong (I am referring to the Austin Liberal voter here)

Trump 2024
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
The Fall Guy said:

https://www.lonestargunrange.com/

Great place to shoot and they have classes.

It's a great place to shoot, but it's been so hot! I've seen them post on their FB saying the range is open and there are very few cars. I love going there in the fall and hitting up Kreutz BBQ afterwards.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
agz win
AG
Any concern they may look for your truck and you tomorrow?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

Clob94 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Did they say anything to you while you were getting in your truck or make any threats or anything? I think as soon as they start to advance on me or make a verbal threat, I'd just kill em. Not gonna take a chance.
No threats until he was ready to draw his weapon. He kept trying to be my friend and explain why he did not wrong. He also had a partner with him, so I would have had two perps to deal with in a garage with limited site lines. Not a good situation.

Ideally I would have left once I saw how dangerous the situation was but it happened so fast in an area I was super safe and super familiar with.

Also normally when you catch someone clearly in the wrong and ask them to leave they do.

Unfortunately this guy and his partner were complete Psycos and that is not an exaggeration.

I would have been better advised not to approach them but again that was not my plan just happened so fast.

They also should not have been in a reserved garage area. Just crazy ****ing *****

Trump 2024
Fightin_Aggie
AG
agz win said:

No I am guessing they were from out of town. I will be avoiding the office for a few days. And will probably be much more careful my next time in .

Trump 2024
lb3
AG
Perhaps you can inform the property manager's insurance company of the incident. If they property manager won't provide it, a letter from an attorney may convince them to share that with you.

Adding security may be cheaper than losing their insurance coverage or seeing their rates skyrocket.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Wow. Glad it was your door and not your window.
Me too.

Trump 2024
Evanhue
AG
Hard to believe McNeil &183 is a sketchy area. I lived there for 23 years and never felt unsafe. We moved away 6 years ago though. I have seen bums living under 183 at McNeil recently so I guess it has gone downhill.
Howdy Dammit
AG
joerobert_pete06 said:

Were you not carrying?

I would move if I were you. Your family is more important than your job and you senselessly murdered will ruin their lives

Move where. Every major city is a blue cesspool.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Blitz88 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

I work in Austin. Our office has a 1 floor garage on the first floor. I walk out and see someone walking around my vehicle and as I walk up he starts checking the door handles I tell him to stop that's my car. I ask him to leave and he won't leave. I'm standing next to my driver side door and his partner starts to get out of their car next to me. I tell him to stay in the car they refuse. I jump in my car and hall but out of the garage. They jump in their car and take off after me. I get on the access road and onto the highway. They don't get on the highway so I think this is done. Then the driver leans out his window yelling then I hear a bang. He shot the passenger door of my car. I am on the highway now so I stop and call the cops. The bullet went through the door but hit the main console and fell on the passenger side mat. I later found out this was a .45 caliber hand gun.

Once I meet with the police they say this is a daily occurrence in Austin now. Among others, the Austin Police Department has lost their highway enforcement division, their drug enforcement division, their gang division and the zone that I was in was supposed to have 11 officers with patrol units only has 8. I also find out that this same perp had just stolen an item off someones porch and the owner saw them and confronted them they pulled out a gun and put it in the owner's face.

1. Carry
2. Get out and Vote! I live in Round Rock in Williamson County but the garbage that defunded the police won't stay in Travis county if you don't vote out the liberals. The Liberals want you to be afraid. They want you to suffer so they prosper.

Be safe out there. The officer stated that Austin was a very dangerous place right now and I am betting most big cities are as they are invested with Liberal garbage.
Describe the perp(s)……

Driver (shooter) - Hispanic male. 5'6" - sleeve tattoos and neck tattoos no face tattos, dark hair but not black, shaggy hair over the ears but not to the shoulders. wearing a black jersey like shirt with lots of letters on the front and some colors.

Passenger - Hispanic male 5'9" lighter complexion but not quite white. Black hair crew cut no tattoos. wearing a solid color shirt.

The driver gave me a name and said he lived in Pflugerville but I can't remember the name. I am fairly sure he was lying on his name.

They were driving an early 2000s, late 90s Gold Cadillac with a dent in the rear passenger door

Trump 2024
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Evanhue said:

Hard to believe McNeil &183 is a sketchy area. I lived there for 23 years and never felt unsafe. We moved away 6 years ago though. I have seen bums living under 183 at McNeil recently so I guess it has gone downhill.
Based on the cops all of Austin has turned to **** because they know they can get away with it.

He said they had record road rage murders last year. This wasn't road rage. This was an attempted robber that turned into assault with a deadly weapon.

Trump 2024
Stat Monitor Repairman
That's a tough situation man.

Give us the benefit of your experience.

What would you have done different?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

Glad you're alive.
Wish your name sake was. I could use a little dirty sock action

Trump 2024
betadawg1
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

I plan to work on getting the carry down. I am a smaller guy without much fat so it means wardrobe changes and is difficult for a smaller guy.

In my younger and slimmer days I used to carry a Sig 229, 2 extra mags, handcuffs, and a knife in a custom belly band. It was much easier to conceal then vs. now. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

That's a tough situation man.

Give us the benefit of your experience.

What would you have done different?
Since I was already in the garage when they approached my truck taken a picture of their license plate then gone back in to the first floor and contacted security.

But that is in hind site knowing that they were armed and dangerous. Knowing that they had two perps and knowing that they had bad intentions.

I knew none of these things when I first walked up and it was 11:40 am, the middle of the day. I had no reason to believe someone was trying to rob my truck in the middle of the day in a reserved parking lot.

At first I assumed that they were dropping off someone at their car. That quickly went out the window when I realized they were messing with my truck.

Their brazenness was off the charts. They are extremely dangerous and have no regard for human life.

Again something I did not know. I support the police and always have unfortunately I got first hand experience of what they deal with.

Would have been better to have happened to a liberal so they could see the job a police officer does. Unfortunately a liberal may not have lived through it.

Trump 2024
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Hungry Ojos said:

Probably not at any point in this story, but it could have gone numerous different ways. Only a fool would rather be unarmed if told he was about to encounter some car jacking thugs with pistols. Would you rather not have that option?
D-Fens
G48 mos with a micro red dot. Same as a G19 but slimmer for concealment.
https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g48-mos

Plus S15 mag for 15rds in a slimline mag
https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag
Rockdoc
AG
If an office or office building says no carry inside, I say screw them and carry anyway. Just don't let them know. They're playing with your safety and life. And carry whatever kind of gun that suits you and you handle well. Glocks are highly overrated.
i-miss-the-republic
Fightin_Aggie said:

How does that compare to this

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

Kinda of a smaller framed individual.

I carry the P365 in Austin every day. Fits inside my waistband or even the back pocket of my jeans. I'm a bigger guy so I use a mag with grip extension. Perfect fit. Should be great for you.

Get one of these too. Keep it on you somewhere
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/GB30000377/gerber-06-auto-folding-knife-s30v-black-combo-drop-point-blade-black-aluminum-handles

And damn it I'm sad to hear all these stories. Been in Austin for 25 years. Was a great place to be young and single but turning into Libtardia lately.
Boodlum
AG
I'd recommend either the sig p365 or the Springfield hellcat. Really like both

Either of those is slimmer than the g19 and have a easier profile to conceal. Go find a good gun store and hold a few different ones. If you find one with a range, they'll often have demo pieces that you can try and find which you are most comfortable.

Practice a lot. It's fun and you become proficient.
titan
S
Fightin_Aggie said:

The Fall Guy said:

Will post my recent experience before PotCake says Austin is safe and we can't say anything about Austin because it's hip.

3 weeks ago at my work off of Hancock and Balconies Dr sitting at my desk and I heard a commotion in the entrance. A drunk large homeless man came into the office asking where he can see a friend. 5 of us grabbed him and led him out the door. We locked the front door and the man banged on the window to let him in. Cops were called and it took 45 minutes for them to come. In that 45 minutes the man went into several other businesses and they called the cops.

We work in a shopping center in a neighborhood of million dollar homes next to an elementary school and the nearest bar is 2 to 3 miles away.

I am sorry that happened to you OP. Yes carry always
They actually responded very quickly to my incident because they were already investigating the prior incident but the perp was already gone. Had he hit me I doubt they would have ever found him. I don't know that they will ever find him as he was armed and extremely dangerous.

He did not care about me, my property or himself. He was also tatted up with sleeves and up to the neck but nothing on the face. He was not someone that should be approached but because the distance from the door to my truck was so short (maybe 30') by the time I saw him I was already 10' away.

Based on my phone call to the police and my text with my friend who I was meeting for lunch the whole incident took roughly 60 seconds.
Austin needs a heavy dose of Singapore. It would be interesting to see how they would handled that.
i-miss-the-republic
Question for LE or trial attorneys on here. At what point are you legally justified in drawing your carry piece and ending the perps? I was always taught "clear and present danger to your life" by CC instructors. That's pretty broad. Where's the line? Not letting me approach the car or "appearing threatening" is not enough. Do you have to wait for them to start approaching you? Where does de-escalation play into it. In the back of my mind I always think a judge would say "You could have walked away."
Showertime at the Bidens

How does the police force get gutted and neutered without so much as a peep from the rank and file?

Questions like this have to be answered around the country. This needs to be on the Republican agenda.
Reno Hightower
Gameday's again in Austin are gonna be great……NOT
titan
S
Zarathustra said:

How does the police force get gutted and neutered without so much as a peep from the rank and file?

Questions like this have to be answered around the country. This needs to be on the Republican agenda.

That's a good question. Maybe Austinites need to start making things uncomfortable for those in favor of the rot.
HollywoodBQ
AG
agz win said:

Exactly what I was thinking
deddog
AG
Hammerly High Dive Crips said:

Liberalism kills. Start dehumanizing liberals in your mind. They are not like us. And if you live in any major metro area, start carrying. I could not believe what I saw in downtown LA a few months ago. I think that is the path just about every major city is on.

This
BurnetAggie99
FA glad you made it out safe brother and will be praying for your safety. No person should ever have to experience that just trying to leave your work. Austin is bad and like others have mentioned I carry 24/7.

The voters had a chance to pass back in November 2021 to add more police after the council cut the police budget in 2020. It was Proposition A. " With an estimated 91% of votes counted, voters rejected Proposition A by about 68.4% to 31.6%, according to KXAN-TV, preventing Austin from having to hire enough police officers to have two on patrol for every 1,000 residents."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11/02/austin-prop-a-election-results-police/amp/
TresPuertas
AG
would be pretty surprised if the building/garage didn't have some sort of video footage and it being a gold cadillac wouldn't be hard to find. not sure if you tried that but just a suggestion.

and in situations like this you're likely going to question yourself. don't. you're alive and that matters. learn from this, use it to prepare and think about it a lot. run over potential scenarios and be ready if God forbid it happens again.
HollywoodBQ
AG
titan said:

Austin needs a heavy dose of Singapore. It would be interesting to see how they would handled that.
I'm going to down vote that one.

Because the only way that would work is to replace all the people. Especially all of the artists/musician types, professional bartenders and waitstaff. The folks who made Austin an interesting place to visit and to live.

Tragically, as others on this thread have stated, the Austin we used to know is long gone.

It's kind of funny that it has suffered the same fate as the Los Angeles of the 1960s-1980s. That LA doesn't exist anymore, but they're out here in LA still trying to sell tourists on the idea that Tinseltown isn't full of homeless people ("the unhoused") and doesn't smell like urine.
titan
S
BurnetAggie99

68% to 31% ? Wow. Sounds like some districts of Austin need to secede and form their own townships.

With Leftism rampant subdivision and break-up increasingly seems the best solution from national to municipal scales.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.