Let me help you guys with concepts of classified documents

14,018 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag with kids
Tom_Fox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sarge 91 said:

wbt5845 said:

That is not true. If he declassified something, there is a process that declassifies the document. It is not declassified until it is remarked.
So a low level bureaucrat with a stamp can defy POTUS and prevent POTUS from actually declassifying a document. Is that really what you think, or are you just trolling?
YES. He apparently does and it is absurd. The President's power in this arena is plenary.

Even if procedures were put in place by prior Presidents, it would not limit a sitting President to classify or declassify whatever, whenever, and however he damn well pleases.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
wbt5845 said:

You have no way of knowing if that is a factual statement. But keep saying it I'd it makes you feel better.

If he wasn't briefed, it's the failure of the issuing department.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Ag with kids
AG
wbt5845 said:

This is a great question. If Trump declassified something and still had that document marked TS three years later, what proof is there he declassified it?

A private citizen cannot sit back three years after being president and claim he declassified something. He lost that power at noon on 1/20/2021. That which was not remarked at that point in time retained it's marked classification.

Perhaps if he'd been at the inauguration he'd remember he stopped being president then.
He says so?

That's how it works when the top of the Executive Branch declassifies things.

You, 27 levels down get zero say and have to obey the classification agent that was delegated the authority by the POTUS....
sam callahan
I have never handled classified documents, which also means I'm free and clear of being a government thug.
Ag with kids
AG
sam callahan said:

I have never handled classified documents, which also means I'm free and clear of being a government thug.
You post on TexAgs so you're probably a White Supremacist...

Watch your six...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.