Let me help you guys with concepts of classified documents

13,983 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag with kids
Claverack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wbt5845 said:

That is not true. If he declassified something, there is a process that declassifies the document. It is not declassified until it is remarked.
What process, wbt5845, enabled the release of this classified document back in 2019?

https://web.archive.org/web/20210113040119/https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

Let me help you here...
[url=https://www.archives.gov/files/isoo/pdf/cnsi-eo.pdf][/url]
https://www.archives.gov/files/isoo/pdf/cnsi-eo.pdf

Page 708

Quote:

Sec. 1.3. Classification Authority. (a) The authority to classify information originally may be exercised only by: (1) the President and the Vice President; (2) agency heads and officials designated by the President; and (3) United States Government officials delegated this authority pursuant to paragraph (c) of this section.

And who has the authority to declassify Presidential Records?

Page 713

Quote:

PART 3DECLASSIFICATION AND DOWNGRADING Sec. 3.1. Authority for Declassification. (a) Information shall be declassified as soon as it no longer meets the standards for classification under this order. (b) Information shall be declassified or downgraded by: (1) the official who authorized the original classification, if that official is still serving in the same position and has original classification authority;
The President is the ultimate Classification Authority for Presidential Records under Executive Order 13526. As such, his word is the ultimate end game when it comes to declassification. You can see that with the Trump-Zelensky MEMCON posted above. The Democrats launched the impeachment inquiry on 24SEP19. The very same day, President Trump declassified the MEMCON. That, wbt5845, is your "process" when the Classification Authority in the White House decides to declassify a Presidential Record.

Psycho Bunny
somalia said:

Where OP go hiding on the general board this went bad for him?
busy being B-1 83
black_ice
Stlkofta said:

wbt5845 said:

That is not true. If he declassified something, there is a process that declassifies the document. It is not declassified until it is remarked.
What process, wbt5845, enabled the release of this classified document back in 2019?

https://web.archive.org/web/20210113040119/https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

Let me help you here...

Page 708

Quote:

Sec. 1.3. Classification Authority. (a) The authority to classify information originally may be exercised only by: (1) the President and the Vice President; (2) agency heads and officials designated by the President; and (3) United States Government officials delegated this authority pursuant to paragraph (c) of this section.

Page 713

Quote:

PART 3DECLASSIFICATION AND DOWNGRADING Sec. 3.1. Authority for Declassification. (a) Information shall be declassified as soon as it no longer meets the standards for classification under this order. (b) Information shall be declassified or downgraded by: (1) the official who authorized the original classification, if that official is still serving in the same position and has original classification authority;
The President is the ultimate Classification Authority for Presidential Records under Executive Order 13526. As such, his word is the ultimate end game when it comes to declassification. You can see that with the Trump-Zelensky MEMCON posted above. The Democrats launched the impeachment inquiry on 24SEP19. The very same day, President Trump declassified the MEMCON. That, wbt5845, is your "process" when the Classification Authority in the White House decides to declassify a Presidential Record.

This is a kill shot. Bye bye wbt5845
Simple Jack
Stlkofta said:

wbt5845 said:

Let me help you here...

Page 708

Quote:

Page 713

Quote:

No, it's not declassified until the agency employee takes the bottle of white out and marks out the word "CLASSIFIED" on that document.
Claverack
Simple Jack said:

No, it's not declassified until the agency employee takes the bottle of white out and marks out the word "CLASSIFIED" on that document.

SECSTATE Clinton had a different idea. Cut off the header and footer on each page of a classified document, then you can put it all on an illegal server and share it with anyone whether cleared or not.

But yet again, we have a case where Trump is serving as the proxy for crimes actually committed by the Democrat filth running this country.

blacksox
Nuclear codes? I took them home so they're no longer classified. Send a foia and we'll get them to you.

List of double agents in Russia? Oh, I took that home in 2018 so it's no longer classified. Send an email foia and we'll have that list right out to you.

Jesus.
Simple Jack
blacksox said:

Nuclear codes? I took them home so they're no longer classified. Send a foia and we'll get them to you.

List of double agents in Russia? Oh, I took that home in 2018 so it's no longer classified. Send an email foia and we'll have that list right out to you.

Jesus.

Why would Trump take home a list of double agents in Russia? He's Putin's puppet.
Claverack
blacksox said:

Jesus.

The story keeps changing day in and day out.

Piss Tape Prophets work that way.

Cartographer
What's really important here is that I hit the rare trifecta of starring three posts as the 69th star.

Maroon Dawn
AG
blacksox said:

Jesus.

Obviously there are certain exceptions

But if you can actually prove he had those kind of documents at MAL then sure, you might actually have a case

But you don't

As usual
Win Smith
AG
I imagined OP's voice being extremely nasally and self-righteous as I read it…
Censored deplorable
For those of you playing along at home, be sure to file this away in the "threads that didn't go the way OP thought it would" file. Put it right next to navy boy's thread from yesterday.
TXAggie2011
AG
Folks do realize there were laws cited in the warrant that are not predicated or concerned about whether the documents are classified or not, right? And that only one of the four provisions in the warrant was solely based on classified materials, right?

"b.. Information, including communications in any form, regarding the retrieval, storage, or transmission of national defense information OR classified material"
"c...Any government and/or Presidential Records created between January 20.2017, and January 20, 2021", right?
d. Any evidence of the knowing alteration, destruction, or concealment of any government and/or Presidential Records, OR of any documents with classification markings"
Artorias
AG
Censored deplorable said:

For those of you playing along at home, be sure to file this away in the "threads that didn't go the way OP thought it would" file. Put it right next to navy boy's thread from yesterday.
Not gonna read all 6 pages, but if it went anything like his infamous gas prices thread, it must be a disaster.
FCBlitz
All this trust in how accurate the information is? Like the news is going to tell the truth.

I am not going to worry about it until HRC crimes are accurately discussed, charged, Tried and serve time. She broke a whole bunch of laws.
wbt5845
AG
So as can be seen by the release of today's search warrant, everything I said in my original post was correct and accurate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/26/doj-reveals-redacted-affidavit-justifying-trump-mar-a-lago-raid.html

Quote:

The FBI found that in those boxes were documents that bore classification markings, and included records relating to national defense information, which had been stored at Mar-a-Lago in an unsecured location.

The 15 boxes included 184 specific documents marked classified, 67 of which were marked "confidential," 92 marked "secret," and 25 documents marked "top secret," according to the affidavit.

"Based upon this investigation, I do not believe that any spaces within the PREMISES have been authorized for the storage of classified information at least since the end of FPOTUS 's Presidential Administration on January 20, 2021," the agent wrote in the affidavit.

Any documents marked to a certain level remain at that level until remarked. On January 20, 2021, President Trump lost the ability to reclassify documents.

How obtuse do you have to be to think private citizen Donald Trump can hold up a TS document today and claim to have reclassified it in - maybe 2017? - .but it's still marked TS today? And that the TS document has resided in an uncontrolled container all this time?

I'll type this slowly. WHEN. A. DOCUMENT. IS. RECLASSIFIED. IT. IS. REMARKED. AND. IT. IS. STILL. CLASSIFIED. AS. MARKED. UNTIL. REMARKED.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
what a fun thread.
Tom_Fox
wbt5845 said:

So as can be seen by the release of today's search warrant, everything I said in my original post was correct and accurate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/26/doj-reveals-redacted-affidavit-justifying-trump-mar-a-lago-raid.html

Quote:

The FBI found that in those boxes were documents that bore classification markings, and included records relating to national defense information, which had been stored at Mar-a-Lago in an unsecured location.

The 15 boxes included 184 specific documents marked classified, 67 of which were marked "confidential," 92 marked "secret," and 25 documents marked "top secret," according to the affidavit.

"Based upon this investigation, I do not believe that any spaces within the PREMISES have been authorized for the storage of classified information at least since the end of FPOTUS 's Presidential Administration on January 20, 2021," the agent wrote in the affidavit.

Any documents marked to a certain level remain at that level until remarked. On January 20, 2021, President Trump lost the ability to reclassify documents.

How obtuse do you have to be to think private citizen Donald Trump can hold up a TS document today and claim to have reclassified it in - maybe 2017? - .but it's still marked TS today? And that the TS document has resided in an uncontrolled container all this time?

I'll type this slowly. WHEN. A. DOCUMENT. IS. RECLASSIFIED. IT. IS. REMARKED. AND. IT. IS. STILL. CLASSIFIED. AS. MARKED. UNTIL. REMARKED.

I'll type this slowly. The President doesn't have to remark shlt.
Ag with kids
AG
wbt5845 said:

Quote:

NOT. EVERY. TIME.

I have direct experience with documents changing classifications without markings changing.

Also...The POTUS doesn't have to wait until some GS-13 stamps a document before it's declassified. Or are you claiming that some bureaucrat has higher declassification authority than the POTUS?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

. The President doesn't have to remark shlt.
Can OP produce information to the contrary?

OP doesn't seem to grasp that he and the FBI are wrong.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
richardag
black_ice said:

Stlkofta said:

wbt5845 said:

Let me help you here...

Page 708

Quote:

Page 713

Quote:

This is a kill shot. Bye bye wbt5845
And written by President Barrack Obama no less.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
aggiehawg
AG
Wasn't something similar said about Hillary's server documents and emails? That classifications were made after she obtained them? Seem to recall something along those lines.

The real question here to me is where are the document people who were supposed to be keeping track of them whether in the Oval or the residence?
Central Committee
AG
The people supporting the raid on Trumps residence were the same ones who said that there was nothing wrong with Hillary's bathroom server, and all the emails she deleted (but that China and Russia already had).
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
annie88
AG
wbt5845 said:

That documents are marked and their classification level is based on that marking. The rules are very specific.

It's pretty evident many posting here have never handled classified data.

It's pretty evident that you have never been president of the United States.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Bronco6G
Is the OP whom has never declassified or reclassified a document still acting like an expert on declassifying and reclassifying documents?
wbt5845
AG
I'm sure Trump was briefed on handling classified documents.
wbt5845
AG
You have no way of knowing if that is a factual statement. But keep saying it I'd it makes you feel better.
aggiehawg
AG
wbt5845 said:

I'm sure Trump was briefed on handling classified documents.
Why? Hillary said she never was as Sec of State.

Quote:

Hillary Clinton never received training on how to handle classified information. By her own admission, she had little ability to discern whether a document included sensitive information. And when she did handle sensitive materials, she relied on her subordinates to ensure that nothing important was compromised.
Politico
wbt5845
AG
This is a great question. If Trump declassified something and still had that document marked TS three years later, what proof is there he declassified it?

A private citizen cannot sit back three years after being president and claim he declassified something. He lost that power at noon on 1/20/2021. That which was not remarked at that point in time retained it's marked classification.

Perhaps if he'd been at the inauguration he'd remember he stopped being president then.
aggiehawg
AG
wbt5845 said:

This is a great question. If Trump declassified something and still had that document marked TS three years later, what proof is there he declassified it?

A private citizen cannot sit back three years after being president and claim he declassified something. He lost that power at noon on 1/20/2021. That which was not remarked at that point in time retained it's marked classification.

Perhaps if he'd been at the inauguration he'd remember he stopped being president then.
That was pretty snarky for zero reason. And you need to check a calendar, (derogatory term deleted)
TexasAggiesWin
S
aggiehawg said:

wbt5845 said:

That was pretty snarky for zero reason. And you need to check a calendar, (derogatory term deleted)
Stat Monitor Repairman
Why are we still dealing with paper classified documents in 2022?

Is it because of boomers, or is there another reason?
Artorias
AG
Bronco6G said:

Is the OP whom has never declassified or reclassified a document still acting like an expert on declassifying and reclassifying documents?
Well, he is definitely an expert on gas prices
Sarge 91
AG
wbt5845 said:

So a low level bureaucrat with a stamp can defy POTUS and prevent POTUS from actually declassifying a document. Is that really what you think, or are you just trolling?
Tom_Fox
wbt5845 said:

What proof is there that he didn't?

Let me help you out. Unless it is something that was generated after he was no longer POTUS, there is NO WAY TO KNOW.

If the classified docs existed while he was POTUS, this is an exercise in futility.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.