Word of the Day: Rubicon

3,496 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mslags97
GeorgiAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

DrEvazanPhD
You voted for Biden.

And are clearly ignorant of history. This isn't a new phrase.
Predmid
AG
alea iacta est.

Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
You voted for this.
Nuke_Ag05
AG
When you hear the phrase, "The ram has touched the wall", then you can say "**** is getting real".
Stat Monitor Repairman
Rubicon is the new gravitas.
titan
S

Kristol is on the Senate side of the Rubicon in his analogy.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Maybe stop voting for leftist Gestapo tactics?
nortex97
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

You voted for Biden.

LOL, yes. Some would even say it goes back to BC years.

OP seems to want/need a lot of attention today.
Ag with kids
AG

Like this one?
GeorgiAg
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

You voted for Biden.

I know it's not a new phrase. I've just never heard it so much in 24 hours.
jja79
AG
This is very existential.
Tex117
AG
No. It really hasn't.

Was the search warrant issued according to the proper legal standards? Does Trump have his legal remedies to challenge it if it wasn't?

Then, its working as intended.

While on one hand, opposing parties cannot use the institutions to punish political opponents, on the other, political actors should not get de facto political immunity if there exists legal grounds to search/prosecutor/investigate...etc.

There must be a balance.

DrEvazanPhD
GeorgiAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

You voted for Biden.

When was the last time a sitting president went after a former president? It's a line that has now been crossed, and the implication is that there is no going back. Care to find a more apt phrase?

like, "ehrmagerd, mean tweets hurt me, i'm so concerned"
Tex117
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

GeorgiAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

You voted for Biden.

When was the last time a sitting president went after a former president? It's a line that has now been crossed, and the implication is that there is no going back. Care to find a more apt phrase?

When was the last time there was an open investigation against a former president?
duffelpud
AG
Ceterum censeo Trump esse delendam
"What's this button do?"
Maroon Dawn
AG
Tex117 said:

No. It really hasn't.

Was the search warrant issued according to the proper legal standards? Does Trump have his legal remedies to challenge it if it wasn't?

While on one hand, opposing parties cannot use the institutions to punish political opponents, on the other, political actors should not get de facto political immunity if there exists legal grounds to search/prosecutor/investigate...etc.

There must be a balance.

Is there a balance when the FBI gleefully helps Dems Target their opponents and protect clearly guilty ones like Hunter from and GCF from any scrutiny?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
GeorgiAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

You voted for Biden.

so let's continue down the path of critical thinking. if you have heard and understand the meaning why do you think you have heard it so much in the last 24 hrs?

or better yet Horse meet water
jefe95
AG
For a grown ass man, you spend way too much time and are easily influenced by twitter.
Womackster
AG
Tex117 said:

No. It really hasn't.

There must be a balance.

Why is Nixon resigning, man? I don't see the big deal.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Your people are doing bang up jobs. Well done.

I love how you always fess up to having voted for Biden and Kamala (by far the worst administration in the history of this country) but having a change of heart…as if it makes you "endearing" or something. Too simple to realize it just makes you a moron.

You trying to fling poo at anyone but yourself is hilarious.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
Rebel Yell
AG
Tex117 said:

No. It really hasn't.

There must be a balance.

Agreed.

No one is above the law, BUT the law must be above politics.

This is political theater and it is shameful.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Tex117 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

GeorgiAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

You voted for Biden.

When was the last time there was an open investigation against a former president?

This is clearly a new precedent set by your evil band of leftist psychos in power. They waged war the day they found out Hillary lost. I bet dollars to donuts that you cheered on the "OMG RUSSIA COLLUUUUSION!!!" hoax. Crazy how so many people are too stupid to see what's going on. You talk about "balance"?

If there was "balance", Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Nancy Pelosi, among others, would be behind bars.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
wbt5845
AG
titan
S
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

GeorgiAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

You voted for Biden.

so let's continue down the path of critical thinking. if you have heard and understand the meaning why do you think you have heard it so much in the last 24 hrs?

or better yet Horse meet water
It does seem intentionally obtuse. Has it really fallen out of public teaching so much?

Rubicon is a classic event in history that marks usually the turning point where a former rotting political system either reveals itself or is called out -- and a challenger system makes its bid. It gets its name from the Roman rule that it was forbidden for a Legion commander to cross the Rubicon into central Italy anywhere near Rome without special permission. Our analogy would be if we forbid going across the Potomac from Virginia though the distance is far shorter. (Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon was declaring defiance of the Senate)
Rockdoc
AG
You crossed the rubicon and voted for Biden. There's no coming back from that, no matter how much you crawl or try to use comedy.
How's that?
cone
AG
i mean when it comes to actual use of the term crossing the rubicon, these circumstances are at least vaguely similar to why Caesar ending up crossing it in the first place
Tex117
AG
SB 43rd STREET OG said:

Tex117 said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

GeorgiAg said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

You voted for Biden.

This is clearly a new precedent set by your evil band of leftist psychos in power. They waged war the day they found out Hillary lost. I bet dollars to donuts that you cheered on the "OMG RUSSIA COLLUUUUSION!!!" hoax. Crazy how so many people are too stupid to see what's going on. You talk about "balance"?

If there was "balance", Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Nancy Pelosi, among others, would be behind bars.
Then you would lose dollars and donuts.

Im not saying that this raid was legal or not. Not saying if it was right or not. I haven't seen the search warrant. There is are a lot of legally operative facts that we don't know that would help analyze this decision.

I refuse...to slide down into the "butwhataboutism." Should the Hunter Biden, Pelosi, and others be investigated if there exists probable cause? Yes.

(That's not the balance I'm talking about though)
Deus Vult
Tex117 said:

No. It really hasn't.

There must be a balance.

Now do Hillary.
GeorgiAg
AG
Rockdoc said:

You crossed the rubicon and voted for Biden. There's no coming back from that, no matter how much you crawl or try to use comedy.
How's that?
Et tu?

cone
AG
to further your point

Houston Lee
AG

cone
AG
i prefer this

Fireman
AG
Tex117
AG
Deus Vult said:

Tex117 said:

No. It really hasn't.

There must be a balance.

Now do Hillary.
And investigate Hillary.

Yup. Easy. And you would know that would be my response if you read my post.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.