Texas with the largest colonia in the country

22,438 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by The D
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

You can thank Cronyn, Perry, Abbot, Bush, Biden, Obama and even Trump for this bullsh_t.

This is great replacement theory in practice. And I'm afraid it's too late to save Texas.
Trump was the one person who called out the problem and actually started building a wall and implemented the remain in Mexico plan. No other politician would do that.

As far as whether it's too late or not, it all depends on motivation
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
ChoppinDs40
AG
woah... Google streetview... this literally looks like Mexico. Random fences all over of different types of materials. Shanty houses/mobile homes. broken down cars. Animals wandering about.

Virgin Mary murals...
rilloaggie
AG
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2875604/replies/49643334#49643334

I had the displeasure of visiting this place several years ago. It's a whole different world.
Old Sarge
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

Half of Plum Grove was under water during Harvey. Better make sure those houses come with a flotation device.

Well, when the next one hits we can float in some rescue barges, load 'em up, drag the barges to the Intracoastal Canal, hook 'em up to a tug and ship them en mass back to Mexico.
"Green" is the new RED.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

woah... Google streetview... this literally looks like Mexico. Random fences all over of different types of materials. Shanty houses/mobile homes. broken down cars. Animals wandering about.

Virgin Mary murals...
Are they really getting $60,000 for a 1/3-acre lot in these type of subdivisions?

Hell, I just got rid of some timber property and was happy to barely get $2,000 per acre for it just to get out of it after holding it for 14 years.

Clearly, I'm doing something wrong!
rilloaggie
AG
Ribeye-Rare said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Virgin Mary murals...
Are they really getting $60,000 for a 1/3-acre lot in these type of subdivisions?

Hell, I just got rid of some timber property and was happy to barely get $2,000 per acre for it just to get out of it after holding it for 14 years.

Kind of an apples to oranges comparison I think. Not a fan of these guys but I bet you'd have gotten way more per acre if you cleared everything, subdivided, paved roads, brought in utilities, etc. Dirt is cheap (relatively) compared to dirt with infrastructure.
DrZ
AG
This has been going on for at least 5 years. Search - plum grove colony ridge.
100s of articles.
Roads aren't paved. Developer sells properties, carries the note and repos at the drop of a hat.
It is truly border town stuff.
Many don't have electricity

100,000 people easy
Illustrious Potentate
AG
Scrolling back through the historical images in Google Earth, it's eye opening to see the "development" over the past 10 years. Truly an invasion.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Ribeye-Rare said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Virgin Mary murals...

60k an acre with development sure...

the thing is... these people aren't financially savvy. Per that article, they're "conforming to legal mortgage rate %'s"

Yeah, this is basically tote-the-note housing development and these people "buying" the land are purely buying a payment. What does it cost me per month to "own"? It's probably like $500/month and they can earn that in a week. Sounds like a great deal!

Moment they miss a payment... see ya! evicted (I can't imagine these developers are really evicting them physically?) They probably just threaten border patrol/police and they scidaddle out of there and become someone else's problem.
Alex Bregman
AG
It's pretty damn big...

Austin Ag
AG
https://reduceflooding.com/2020/06/14/rapid-runoff-from-worlds-largest-trailer-park-wipes-out-plumb-grove-road-in-liberty-county-and-more/
cancan686
Here ya go...

Zoom in on the Plum Grove area.

https://www.libertycad.com/interactive-map/
TChaney
Don't you think you guys are blowing this out of proportion?

Does this look like a little Mexico to you?

Psycho Bunny
TChaney said:

Don't you think you guys are blowing this out of proportion?

Does this look like a little Mexico to you?

Looks like a typical yard in Porter or New Caney. Actually that looks like my neighbors house. But instead of free range cows, he's got free range chickens. Ran one over the other day, cause it wouldn't get out of the road.
JSKolache
AG
Alex Bregman said:

It's pretty damn big...

Holy F, its already doubled in like 5 yrs.

Theres a biiiiig chunk of timber land off fm2090 / daw collins rd west of splendora and i've heard the same developer wants it to do the same thing.
Alex Bregman
AG
JSKolache said:

Alex Bregman said:

It's pretty damn big...

Holy F, its already doubled in like 5 yrs.

Theres a biiiiig chunk of timber land off fm2090 / daw collins rd west of splendora and i've heard the same developer wants it to do the same thing.

Yea, it's definitely crazy. Does Liberty County just not give 2 effs? No public works/engineering review or anything? Pretty wild
TxTarpon

Quote:

Ran one over the other day, cause it wouldn't get out of the road.
A rabbit ran over a chicken......
That starts like an Andrew Dice Clay diddy.
IndividualFreedom
You should see the size of this development of cheap ass homes in Plum Grove. It is enormous. Thousands of homes. Miles and miles of cheap roads. The project has been going for years. My guess is that if this 100,000 number is legit, Abbott should start the round up process here.
cecil77
AG
Quote:

Moment they miss a payment... see ya! evicted (I can't imagine these developers are really evicting them physically?) They probably just threaten border patrol/police and they scidaddle out of there and become someone else's problem.

We wrote "Solares de Venta" software 40 years ago to handle these kinds of notes. Eviction depends upon equity. The deeper into the not you pay, the harder to be evicted. But yeah, early on (couple years or so) evictions are common and fast. Then you get to sell the lot at full price again.
PhatMack19
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Ribeye-Rare said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Virgin Mary murals...

the thing is... these people aren't financially savvy. Per that article, they're "conforming to legal mortgage rate %'s"

Yeah, this is basically tote-the-note housing development and these people "buying" the land are purely buying a payment. What does it cost me per month to "own"? It's probably like $500/month and they can earn that in a week. Sounds like a great deal!

The developer has armed guards outside of the office at all times. 1 day late and they evict you and sell it to someone else.
Houstonag
AG
If Abbot and Paxton are aware of this and letting it happen then it is treachery.
cecil77
AG
PhatMack19 said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Ribeye-Rare said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Virgin Mary murals...

The developer has armed guards outside of the office at all times. 1 day late and they evict you and sell it to someone else.

Depends upon how many payments have been made.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Imagine actually believing there is 100,000 of ANYTHING in Plum Grove
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BQ2017
AG
How do we remove this cancer from our state? Can anything actually be done?
v1rotate92
AG
Airline arrival route into Bush Intercontinental from the northeast flies directly over this massive subdivision. It sticks out and every time I fly over it the other pilot comments, "Wow, didn't know this place existed...looks as big as The Woodlands..." I was curious what the hell it was...Now I know.
revvie
AG
mosdefn14 said:

Ag97 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

The lack of building codes, etc. in unincorporated Liberty County, like elsewhere, has led to some really bad housing conditions for migrants who make their way to those communities...

But 20,000 lots and over 100,000 people around Plum Grove? That's some extraordinary hyperbole.
Take a gander at Google maps satellite view and tell me if you still think so? Those lots being sold are barely large enough for a trailer house. I was told most of the lots are sold 3 or 4 times each because the are defaulted on so often. When you look at the satellite view, realize you are just seeing the first development phase. When completed, it's supposed to be near 20,000 acres in size. The times I've been out there, very few people speak English. It even has the packs of feral dogs running around everywhere just like I've seen in the Rio Grande Valley, Northern Mexico and rural third world counties I've visited.
Wow. Just looked. Cannot fathom how many folks will be there.

I know some folks who do developments like this near McAllen. They owner finance the lots and don't allow any permanent construction until you're x% (50%?) paid off so there are always tons of run down RVs. Some crazy number (75%+) pay for a few years and then walk away. The lots get resold many times before actually getting built.
I looked on Google satellite imagary and it is there. Just off the Grand Parkway 99 with easy freeway access. Not sure there are 20,000 lots, but there are many.
TexAgs91
AG
BQ2017 said:

How do we remove this cancer from our state? Can anything actually be done?
Enforce the law... like that will ever happen
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
TexAgs91
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

I take it you live near that area?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
rilloaggie
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

The "developer" boasts 26,686 lots on their website. Once they're all occupied, you can do the math based on 3.8 member families. Most of the year old estimates I found think that 20-22,000 folks live there currently. Thinking that 100,000 people won't be there within 10 years or so is pretty laughable.

One article I found said that in 2020, the developer foreclosed on 2,900 properties. Greater than 10% of the total properties. Wonder what the percentage of actual sales is?
Infection_Ag11
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

I take it you live near that area?

We have family in Splendora and Cleveland, so I'm fairly familiar with the area.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
rilloaggie said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

The "developer" boasts 26,686 lots on their website. Once they're all occupied, you can do the math based on 3.8 member families. Most of the year old estimates I found think that 20-22,000 folks live there currently. Thinking that 100,000 people won't be there within 10 years or so is pretty laughable.

One article I found said that in 2020, the developer foreclosed on 2,900 properties. Greater than 10% of the total properties. Wonder what the percentage of actual sales is?

I can't speak to what will happen 10 years from now. I can say that as of this moment, if there are 20k people in Plum Grove, they're hiding really well.
TexAgs91
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

rilloaggie said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

I can't speak to what will happen 10 years from now. I can say that as of this moment, if there are 20k people in Plum Grove, they're hiding really well.
Like this?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
degreedy
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

rilloaggie said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Like this?

by my rough calculatin', theres more den 100 of 'em.
rilloaggie
AG
Texas Monthly says 150 families move in per month..

"Since 2011, developer Trey Harris has acquired land to subdivide into about 30,000 lots, mostly between one quarter and three quarters of an acre, that he markets primarily to Spanish speakers. More than 150 families move into Colony Ridge each month, Harris said. And he expects the growth to continue. He's less than halfway through the 25 square miles he intends to develop at the southern tip of Cleveland ISD. "
https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/texas-charter-school-expansion-cleveland/

Liberty County Sheriff says 22,000 people live there.

"According to the Liberty County Sheriff's Office, Colony Ridge has about 22,000 residents"
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/an-alien-haven-in-southeast-texas/#:~:text=About%2050%20miles%20northeast%20of,have%20entered%20the%20country%20illegally.

Cleveland Superintendent Says they are the fastest growing district in the state

"We are growing at a minimum of 1,200 students per year now," said Cleveland ISD Superintendent Chris Trotter. "At the end of the last school year, we had a total of 9,158 students, up from the 8,000 students we had at the beginning of the school year."

https://bluebonnetnews.com/2021/06/25/four-new-campuses-under-construction-in-cleveland-isd/

Infectionag says "They are hiding"
BenFiasco14
AG
This thread has left me speechless. What can be done about this?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.