Texas with the largest colonia in the country

22,418 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by The D
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mentioned this in another thread but felt this needed it's own thread. This was recorded at the 2022 GOP Convention in a discussion about border security. He's discussing the colony of over 100,000 illegal aliens in Plum Grove, TX

This is quietly going on all across Amerika.
We've lost this country
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
CDUB98
AG
Do what?

Plum Grove has a city limit population just over 1,000. I find it a bit hard to believe that a bunch of illegals have set up that many.
rgag12
AG
Feeding and settling 100,000 people in a community is no small task, not to mention in a community whose infrastructure is set up for probably several thousand.

If this was really the case it'd be hard to hide and the conservative media would have a field day. TX authorities would be spewing so much hate towards Washington it'd eclipse all the BS that's happened before.
Ag97
AG
CDUB98 said:

Do what?

Plum Grove has a city limit population just over 1,000. I find it a bit hard to believe that a bunch of illegals have set up that many.
You haven't been out to Plum Grove/Splendora lately then. They are developing somewhere around 20,000 acres and selling thousands of lots a year. We have business dealings out there and it really is like little Mexico. Reminds me a lot of what you see in the Rio Grande Valley and Northern Mexico. I could easily see 100,000 people in that development in the next 10 years or so. You can buy a lot for a couple thousand dollars and there doesn't appear to be any building codes. One lot may have a decent middle class home going up and the next one may have a shanty built out of plywood and cardboard. It's a site to behold.
TXAggie2011
AG
The lack of building codes, etc. in unincorporated Liberty County, like elsewhere, has led to some really bad housing conditions for migrants who make their way to those communities...

But 20,000 lots and over 100,000 people around Plum Grove? That's some extraordinary hyperbole.
JJxvi
AG
Theres something like 10,000+ subdivision "lots" with trailers on them south and east of Plum Grove. Its way more than 1000 people.
TexAgs91
AG
CDUB98 said:

Do what?

Maybe it's just near Plum Grove. There's this article
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/an-alien-haven-in-southeast-texas/

talking about an illegal alien community about 5 miles from Plum Grove
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
UTExan
Ag97 said:

CDUB98 said:

Do what?

You haven't been out to Plum Grove/Splendora lately then. They are developing somewhere around 20,000 acres and selling thousands of lots a year. We have business dealings out there and it really is like little Mexico. Reminds me a lot of what you see in the Rio Grande Valley and Northern Mexico. I could easily see 100,000 people in that development in the next 10 years or so. You can buy a lot for a couple thousand dollars and there doesn't appear to be any building codes. One lot may have a decent middle class home going up and the next one may have a shanty built out of plywood and cardboard. It's a site to behold.

Yep , like Mexico.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Psycho Bunny
Half of Plum Grove was under water during Harvey. Better make sure those houses come with a flotation device.
Ag97
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

The lack of building codes, etc. in unincorporated Liberty County, like elsewhere, has led to some really bad housing conditions for migrants who make their way to those communities...

But 20,000 lots and over 100,000 people around Plum Grove? That's some extraordinary hyperbole.
Take a gander at Google maps satellite view and tell me if you still think so? Those lots being sold are barely large enough for a trailer house. I was told most of the lots are sold 3 or 4 times each because the are defaulted on so often. When you look at the satellite view, realize you are just seeing the first development phase. When completed, it's supposed to be near 20,000 acres in size. The times I've been out there, very few people speak English. It even has the packs of feral dogs running around everywhere just like I've seen in the Rio Grande Valley, Northern Mexico and rural third world counties I've visited.
TxTarpon

We are #1!
We are #1!
We are #1!
We are #1!
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
mosdefn14
AG
Ag97 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Take a gander at Google maps satellite view and tell me if you still think so? Those lots being sold are barely large enough for a trailer house. I was told most of the lots are sold 3 or 4 times each because the are defaulted on so often. When you look at the satellite view, realize you are just seeing the first development phase. When completed, it's supposed to be near 20,000 acres in size. The times I've been out there, very few people speak English. It even has the packs of feral dogs running around everywhere just like I've seen in the Rio Grande Valley, Northern Mexico and rural third world counties I've visited.
Wow. Just looked. Cannot fathom how many folks will be there.

I know some folks who do developments like this near McAllen. They owner finance the lots and don't allow any permanent construction until you're x% (50%?) paid off so there are always tons of run down RVs. Some crazy number (75%+) pay for a few years and then walk away. The lots get resold many times before actually getting built.
Raptor
AG
" Texas in general, and its Governor Greg Abbott in particular, have a reputation for stringency on immigration. It would certainly be odd had state authorities turned a blind eye to the apparent malfeasance at Colony Ridge. Interestingly enough, Dolcefino found that the Harris family has contributed $600,000 to Governor Abbott's campaigns."
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

atmtws
AG
So the guy developing this place is the one arranging the caravans…got it.
/W\ Saw 'Em Off! /W\
BTHO tu.
Ag97
AG
mosdefn14 said:

Ag97 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Wow. Just looked. Cannot fathom how many folks will be there.

I know some folks who do developments like this near McAllen. They owner finance the lots and don't allow any permanent construction until you're x% (50%?) paid off so there are always tons of run down RVs. Some crazy number (75%+) pay for a few years and then walk away. The lots get resold many times before actually getting built.
Apparently it's the exact same in Plum Grove. Certain people out there are making a killing off of the development but it's all shady as hell. I stopped my people from doing any more business out there because it was more trouble than it was worth.
ATX_AG_08
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
East of 69 and north of the grand parkway. The community sits just east of Plum Grove Rd.
Bucketrunner
They can always go home. Otherwise, I do not care about their living conditions
Ag_07
AG
Is this why there's the random plethora of flea markets along 59 in Splendora?

I always thought that was odd that those things just popped up in Splendora.
Burdizzo
AG
Ag97 said:

CDUB98 said:

Do what?

We are seeing the same crap development in Hays County east of IH35 and into Caldwell County. Half the people moving in don't speak English.

We are getting bunch of big convenience stores called Poco Loco (ironically owned by Arabs). You can tell who they market to when they sell lard in 5-gallon buckets.
atmtws
AG
This place seems ripe for human trafficking. I wonder if Dolcefino is looking at that angle in his investigations.

Further, I wonder if any cartel members are there. We used to live on 5 acres between New Waverly and Cold Spring until about 5 years ago, and almost every month we would hear new stories of the feds busting cartel weed farms in the national forest. It would be interesting to see the traffic patterns of the vehicles leaving that place.
/W\ Saw 'Em Off! /W\
BTHO tu.
black_ice
We must stop these developments immediately!
Mas89
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

No, well over 20,000 acres now and growing. Most are 1/3 acre lots owner financed by the developer. So at least currently 60,000 lots. All on concrete streets with available community water and sewer hookups for a fee. But plenty are currently living there in shanties without full utility connection.

I drove around for an hour there a month ago and trust me, you would have to see it to believe it. True third world country. Some nicer places and plenty that are sad. One hundred percent Hispanic. Many have built their own home. Brick, concrete, Hardy, plywood, you name it and it's there.

The new grand parkway- Hwy 99 opened there a couple months ago and soon the connector roads in the subdivision will be out to 99. Tens of thousands of acres more timber properties are adjacent to the development and will be developed in the next decade. Cheapest land in the Houston area and plenty of immigrants that want their own lot/home.

Cleveland is the fastest growing school district in Tx. and will be for a long time.
Whirligigs
Well when you allow millions of these people over the years - eventually you will see larger concentrations of people. It's common sense - after all they *have* to go somewhere.

Now they will cause a much larger drain on the entire ecosystem that we all pay for one way or another. These communities are filled with people that have no concept of being an American and just will convert the surrounding area to their native cultures. Hooray tribalism.
Whirligigs
black_ice said:

We must stop these developments immediately!

No one is stopping jack ***** At some point it will be impossible to remove these people as they outnumber the local populace and have greater authority themselves.
TexAgs91
AG
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
PhatMack19
AG
Mas89 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

No, well over 20,000 acres now and growing. Most are 1/3 acre lots owner financed by the developer. So at least currently 60,000 lots. All on concrete streets with available community water and sewer hookups for a fee. But plenty are currently living there in shanties without full utility connection.

I drove around for an hour there a month ago and trust me, you would have to see it to believe it. True third world country. Some nicer places and plenty that are sad. One hundred percent Hispanic. Many have built their own home. Brick, concrete, Hardy, plywood, you name it and it's there.

The new grand parkway- Hwy 99 opened there a couple months ago and soon the connector roads in the subdivision will be out to 99. Tens of thousands of acres more timber properties are adjacent to the development and will be developed in the next decade. Cheapest land in the Houston area and plenty of immigrants that want their own lot/home.

Cleveland is the fastest growing school district in Tx. and will be for a long time.

My brother is working on the utility design for this. It is the largest "privately owned" development in the county. I've seen the plans. It's an entire master planned city that will hold 70-80,000 people.
medwriter
How are they buying this land? And, putting homes there? The infrastructure alone is in the millions of dollars. Are they getting all of this for free from the Feds? I have to say that I find this hard to believe. However, if true, it would not be a huge surprise. I wish someone would please provide proof in the form of GPS enabled pictures and/or documentation to support all of this.
Viper16
AG
CDUB98 said:

Do what?

Maybe you should drive up to Plum Grove and see what is actually going on!

You will be shocked!
#FJB

Trump 2024

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis
Mas89
AG
Yes, the huge new transmission line from the South is coming right along from East of Huffman. Sheco connected a new line from the Se several years ago already.
The amount of raw land that can and will be developed within 10 miles of Plum Grove is mind boggling. Land there is currently significantly cheaper than other growing areas around Houston.
agent-maroon
AG
Had never heard of Plum Grove and looked it up expecting to see it in the RGV since the term colonia was used. Restating the obvious, but we should never, ever have a colonia on the outskirts of Houston. Or anywhere else...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mas89
AG
To start years ago, Trey Harris bought timber land cheap. Probably less that $2,000 per acre. 1/3 acre lots currently sell for 60,000. His company built their own empire. Concrete plants, and his own crews building the roads and infrastructure. Still building today. Including water and sewer plants. But I have never heard where the money came from to start it all. Had to be huge. He was smart enough to make it happen and smart enough to put it all on high land East of The San Jacinto River. Colony Ridge.

Google Earth is several years behind the current construction but still a good view.
Mas89
AG
Don't worry, it all drains into Lake Houston.
medwriter
Mas89 said:

To start years ago, Trey Harris bought timber land cheap. Probably less that $2,000 per acre. 1/3 acre lots currently sell for 60,000. His company built their own empire. Concrete plants, and his own crews building the roads and infrastructure. Still building today. Including water and sewer plants. But I have never heard where the money came from to start it all. Had to be huge. He was smart enough to make it happen and smart enough to put it all on high land East of The San Jacinto River. Colony Ridge.

Google Earth is several years behind the current construction but still a good view.
Thanks Mas. From reading all of he witness accounts of this, it appears to be the real deal. Just one more example of how our government and the elitists are screwing over the middle class in this country. OMG.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
You can thank Cronyn, Perry, Abbot, Bush, Biden, Obama and even Trump for this bullsh_t.

This is great replacement theory in practice. And I'm afraid it's too late to save Texas.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.