Inflation: 9.1%

16,727 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BusterAg
Pookers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Pookers said:

techno-ag said:

Clown Baby said:

Quote:

The last chance at turning the tide is to invest in the less corrupt party.

This is akin to saying throwing me a volleyball while I'm drowning in the ocean is going to help me more than throwing a dumbbell. Technically true, but neither is going to do anything.

The Reps don't give a f*** about spending. If you haven't come to that conclusion after the first 20 years of this millennium, you just aren't looking at the data. They've literally demonstrated it to you every time they are given another shot to be in charge.

The two party system is dragging this country into the abyss. The sooner you accept that, the greater the chances that we can salvage something out of this.
Then help fix it, because it ain't going away. Third parties are utterly useless and the rare Independent who gets elected always seems to caucus with the Democrats.
Third parties aren't viable because people have been brainwashed into thinking they aren't viable. The very second enough people say enough is enough this whole charade ends.
in reality the 3rd party is only the second party. the first two are really cojoined AKA the cabal!
I agree, its them vs us at the end of the day. The problem is people don't see things for what they are and continue to perpetuate the system by participating in the controlled team sport of dem vs. republican.
Manhattan
FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

ITT: people who don't work in supply chain and understand that this is the result of failed leadership in 2020.

Republican governors wanted to cut off the money supply and force people back to work. You and your friends cried about it.

My friends weren't in charge and it's not about people not working, it's about auto and other industrial manufacturers cutting orders on widgets that have 24-36 month lead times leading to chip manufacturers and others retooling for consumer goods.

This has led to basically an open auction on all available capacity for basically any legacy chip or industrial component.

This could have been prevented with a few 0% interest loans for not canceling orders, or really any leadership at the federal level.
Through Dark Brandon all things are possible.
LMCane
Pookers said:

JFABNRGR said:

Pookers said:

techno-ag said:

Clown Baby said:

Quote:

This is akin to saying throwing me a volleyball while I'm drowning in the ocean is going to help me more than throwing a dumbbell. Technically true, but neither is going to do anything.

The Reps don't give a f*** about spending. If you haven't come to that conclusion after the first 20 years of this millennium, you just aren't looking at the data. They've literally demonstrated it to you every time they are given another shot to be in charge.

The two party system is dragging this country into the abyss. The sooner you accept that, the greater the chances that we can salvage something out of this.
Then help fix it, because it ain't going away. Third parties are utterly useless and the rare Independent who gets elected always seems to caucus with the Democrats.
Third parties aren't viable because people have been brainwashed into thinking they aren't viable. The very second enough people say enough is enough this whole charade ends.
in reality the 3rd party is only the second party. the first two are really cojoined AKA the cabal!
I agree, its them vs us at the end of the day. The problem is people don't see things for what they are and continue to perpetuate the system by participating in the controlled team sport of dem vs. republican.

so feel free to continue to waste your vote waiting for the Whig Party to return.

meanwhile, in the real world- either a democrat or a republican is going to win each vote. the choice is the lesser of two evils.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Manhattan said:

FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

ITT: people who don't work in supply chain and understand that this is the result of failed leadership in 2020.

Republican governors wanted to cut off the money supply and force people back to work. You and your friends cried about it.

My friends weren't in charge and it's not about people not working, it's about auto and other industrial manufacturers cutting orders on widgets that have 24-36 month lead times leading to chip manufacturers and others retooling for consumer goods.

This has led to basically an open auction on all available capacity for basically any legacy chip or industrial component.

This could have been prevented with a few 0% interest loans for not canceling orders, or really any leadership at the federal level.

So noone should listen to democrats when we know they are not living in reality?
will25u
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Those evil businessmen keeping prices high. Grr.
Manhattan
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Manhattan said:

FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

So noone should listen to democrats when we know they are not living in reality?

They didn't listen to Democrats. They gave a trillion dollars to small business owners for nothing.
captkirk
AG
TheMasterplan
aggrad02 said:

Stlkofta said:

aggrad02 said:

I totally agree Obama was horrible too.

I understand what you are saying here. There is a downside to Trump policy-wise that can't be ignored. There is a faith in both government and those in the government that failed him time and time again.

He never quite got the Reagan/Goldwater/Friedman understanding of government (similar to that of the Founding Fathers) being a necessary evil requiring limitation on multiple fronts.

Thing is I got more from him as a conservative than I got from both Bushes combined. Bush 41 destroyed the Reagan legacy. Bush 43 handed the Democrats a means to control the domestic population and an excuse to engage in spending like total meth-heads.

Has he learned his lessons regarding government and its use from his first term?

Can a JFK Democrat change an article of faith that easily? Took Reagan years to move from FDR liberal to GOP conservative.

To change Trump would need different principles and his principles will not change.

Here is my honest take on Trump, why I don't support him:

He is a person that takes his value out of the way the world reflects his image back at him. This is both negative and a positive quality. Negative because there is no bedrock principle, positive because to have a positive image he must "succeed" and "win" which can be a strong driving force.

You can see these qualities in his they way he has acted throughout his life. From his successful businesses and they way he ran those businesses, to the way he had built the Trump brand, to his interactions with his mother, to his multiple wives.

As a politician this is also positive and negative. He will do his damndest to have America "win" because this is Trump winning. But it also means that he will not protect our democracy and will do what ever he can to "win". If tearing up the constitution means Trump wins, then he will. If lowering taxes means winning fine, if raising taxes means winning, fine. The principle is Trump success.

The problem with this is that it is short sighted. It "wins" in the short term and devastates in the long-term.

Trump mean tweets: "Excites rabid social conservatives" (even though Trump has rarely exhibited socially conservative values in his life), wins in short term -long term loses the Presidency after 4 years. (After Obama, R's should have had a lock on the presidency for at least 12 years).

Trump tax cuts without spending cuts: short term economic boost- long term deficits leading to inflation.

Trump 2020 Covid spending: tries to save 2020 election (win) by paying people off, long-term 9% inflation.

Trump false election claims: in the short term keeps Trump relevant, in the long terms harms our democracy.

Even Jan 6 was short sighted. He didn't plan it, but he embraced it because it Fed his ego, then it got out of control and now is hung around his neck long term.

He may not exist outside of Rand but we need principled conservatives.

Regan was principled, even Bush W was principled (though a principled expansionist neocon).
This is a good take and I appreciate you pointing out the checks and the PPP by Trump in 2020. However, I do agree he was under immense pressure to do this and was told by all mainstream media and politicians that if you don't pass these laws - everyone is going to die.

Massie was threatened to high hell (Trump and Kerry made arrogant comments) for opposing this bill and he ended up correct. It's a shame there's no media press around this now. This is why the Rand Pauls will never win unfortunately.

Trump tax cuts without spending cuts aren't great but you have to take the freedom where you can.

The false election claims, "harms our democracy" and Jan 6th comments by yourself show that you're drinking a little too much of the establishment kool aid though. Not only does the economy matter but not having a technocratic government and culture ruling over your life matters too and Trump was a big threat to that. You can't have a free market and a technocratic government wishing to expand the government even more than what Trump wanted.
will25u
TheMasterplan
policywonk98 said:

TXAGFAN said:

CDUB98 said:

TXAGFAN said:

Marcus Brutus said:

Under the Carter era definition, that is almost 20%. At this rate, a dollar I earn today is worthless in 5 years!

Dude still has almost 40% approval! Psycho liberals, especially the white liberals.
Not everyone votes for economy. Republicans should take note.

And that is why you'll end up destitute one day. Everyone's social issues, including mine, pail in comparison to being able to feed and shelter yourself and family. But hey, don't let history guide you, just keep thinking it will be (D)ifferent this time.
If I end up destitute worlds gonna look pretty bleak. If economy is most important be sure to let Dan Patrick and all the other hardline social conservatives know.

I'm not really a fan of Patrick or really any of the states GOP leaders. But my dislike for them is more about style and rhetorical choices they make. And I think they sit in these offices they hold for longer than necessary.

In terms of policymaking, while there is certainly room for improvement, what exactly have they done in 30 years and more specifically the last 15 years while Patrick has been a Texas State Senator and Lt Gov, should lead us to beleive that Texas' economic performance isn't of primary importance?

Just one Texas snapshot of many:
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2022/04/05/gdp-dallas-tarrant-texas.html

Quote:

Texas and the Dallas-Fort Worth area's economic engine continue to dominate, with the state ranking No.1 in the nation in gross domestic product growth.

Within Texas, Dallas County and Tarrant County rank second and third, respectively, behind Harris County in GDP growth.

Quote:

The increase in GDP for Texas is consistent with other economic indicators that flag Texas as the best state in the nation to do business, said Robert Allen, President and CEO of the Texas Economic Development Corp., based in Austin.

"Texas has a long track record of economic strength and stability as well as a business-friendly climate, a large skilled workforce, low tax burden, the availability of affordable land, robust transportation network and deepwater seaports and elected leadership that enthusiastically welcomes new, expanding and relocating businesses," Allen said in a prepared statement

While I think pain in coming to Texas. We won't be immune to decisionmaking at a federal level. But the states longtime economic mindset at a state level will likely act as a hedge against far worse outcomes to this awful inflation numbers.
Good post.

One thing democrats in Texas fail to recognize that the reason why Texas has such an "international" vibe is due to Texas' insanely awesome economic growth policies. It's a different vibe than the northeast where it's all white guilt libs.

You implement great economic policies - you get internationalism and a melting pot. You don't do it by "diversity if our strength" slogans and calling republicans racist and bigots.
FriscoKid
AG
Manhattan said:

FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

That did not cause inflation. You just proved that you have no idea what is going on. But, you are great at repeating stuff from check blue.
DamnGood86
AG
Prepare thine anus.
You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
FJB
AG
Biden's inflation target is 10%
FriscoKid
AG
You really think that companies hording chips caused the worst inflation that we have seen in the past 40 years? I still can't get past this theory of yours.

Did the great toilet paper shortage of early 2020 cause the unemployment numbers to rise drastically?
Manhattan
FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

That did not cause inflation. You just proved that you have no idea what is going on. But, you are great at repeating stuff from check blue.

It's only my career that I've been doing for 11 years but okay.

Cars and trucks are the best example because anyone can understand them.

In 2018-2019 you could buy an F150 at ~20% off msrp. In 2020 most automakers canceled orders on components. In 2021 demand skyrocketed from 2020 and now they have incomplete vehicles and have to bid on the open market for the components they can't get because they canceled their long term contracts. Now an F150 costs 20%+ more than it did 2.5 years ago.

Now apply this to every business in existence.
ac04
we are experiencing demand side inflation (too many dollars) and supply side inflation (not enough goods). it is possible for both to occur at the same time. and its the reason why we're seeing historic inflation prints.
CDUB98
AG
ac04 said:

we are experiencing demand side inflation (too many dollars) and supply side inflation (not enough goods). it is possible for both to occur at the same time. and its the reason why we're seeing historic inflation prints.

Blue parachute for you.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Manhattan said:

FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

In 2018-2019 you could buy an F150 at ~20% off msrp. In 2020 most automakers canceled orders on components. In 2021 demand skyrocketed from 2020 and now they have incomplete vehicles and have to bid on the open market for the components they can't get because they canceled their long term contracts. Now an F150 costs 20%+ more than it did 2.5 years ago.

Sorry young'n, chip shortages are not causing bacon to be double the price it was during the pandemic.

More money in the system that raises wages and increases borrowing does. Shutting down real domestic wealth in our energy production of fossil fuels does. Centrally planning logistics based on federal crack downs and covid measures for truckers and dock workers does. Printing billions to send to Ukraine, some of which is paid back in underhanded deals to individuals and American companies that are already rife with cash does.

That is the fault of Biden, Congress, the Senate, and the Fed. Mostly Biden though.

Without Yellen/Powell being dip ****s and biden saying no to more spending along with the fed raising rates when it is supposed to, we don't have this historic inflation issue.

Since they failed to do their jobs, now we see insane levels.
Brutal Puffin
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Manhattan said:

Please. It's the result of failed leadership alright, but it started on January 21, 2021.

Libs can never accept the consequences of their horrible policy decisions. So typical to blame it on everyone else but themselves. The Biden administration owns this, lock, stock, and empty barrel.
fify
Manhattan
If a rancher needs a truck, or the processor needs a machine, or the distributor needs a PLC controlled conveyor belt, or HEB needs a refrigerator then yeah, chips and other industrial components will raise the price of bacon.
techno-ag
AG
Manhattan said:

If a rancher needs a truck, or the processor needs a machine, or the distributor needs a PLC controlled conveyor belt, or HEB needs a refrigerator then yeah, chips and other industrial components will raise the price of bacon.
Don't forget the price of diesel to transport the pigs to the processor and the bacon to the stores.

RIP Keystone Pipeline, federal leases, offshore drilling, etc. etc.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

TheMasterplan
Manhattan said:

FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

FriscoKid said:

Manhattan said:

Containers, more than ever, were being prioritized and shifted to ship goods from China due to amount of **** people in the US and Europe were buying because they were locked down with excess cash and checks.

I don't "work" in supply chain but I order many things from across the world and work closely with freight forwarders who actually do work in the supply chain and have told me this.

The fact is that the supply chain issues really began in November 2020. My goods went from 8 weeks to 20 weeks.
BusterAg
AG
Pookers said:

Houstonag said:

I hope those yellow belly liberals and suburban soccer moms and dads are happy now. With the mail in ballots and election fraud we got exactly what was being predicted .

The DC swamp will still get paid and have little effect on their lives. America when are you going to wake up about democrats?
The entire establishment is driving this train off the cliff, not just the democrats. 2020 doesn't happen without GOPe stooges sitting on their asses.
Trump got more votes than any other president that was elected before him.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
TXAGFAN
AG
BusterAg said:

Pookers said:

Houstonag said:

I hope those yellow belly liberals and suburban soccer moms and dads are happy now. With the mail in ballots and election fraud we got exactly what was being predicted .

The DC swamp will still get paid and have little effect on their lives. America when are you going to wake up about democrats?
The entire establishment is driving this train off the cliff, not just the democrats. 2020 doesn't happen without GOPe stooges sitting on their asses.
Wasnt enough.
YouBet
AG
TXAGFAN said:

I wonder what it must be like to ignore the flaws of your party that may cause someone to vote differently on clearly less important issues to most of the GOP. It's ok though, when you lose can always blame it on cheating. Cheating by an inept party that only chooses to cheat on certain elections, but not all.

Oh, I don't ignore them. They certainly have flaws - most prominently they talk a lot of crap and usually don't back it up when it comes time to do that.

You are missing the point entirely though. Ignoring the foundation of any society to focus on luxury pet causes is foolish. You have to ensure the former is on solid ground before you can spend time on the latter.

IOW, your side takes safety and physiological needs for granted and polls consistently show that. Y'all are focused on self-actualization while the foundation required to even consider that phase is under massive stress and cracking all over the place.
Clown Baby
will25u said:

The same Fed that said it was transitory in the first place, right?

For God sake's we need to stop playing this game.
_mpaul
AG
Quote:

But a key point in the Fed forecast today: inflation projected down to 2.1% in 2022.
So yet another reminder of how incompetent the Fed, and more broadly the federal government, actually is.
BusterAg
AG
aggrad02 said:

BusterAg said:

aggrad02 said:

You mean "just as worse" as Obama and Bush W.

Everything else you said, I've already said. You just have a different opinion of Trumps part in.

And once again, price increases are not instantaneous with monetary increases. 3.9 Trillion in 2020 was going to and did cause inflation.
What percentage do you think?

Of the 20% real inflation we have today, how much would prices have increased if the 2021 deficit was lower than GDP growth?

My guess would be around 16% (2% more to Bidens policies and 2% more to Energy prices, hang that on a combo Biden/War.

This is absolutely absurd. To assume that changes to the money supply in 2019 can not have any impact on inflation until 2022 is ridiculous.

In fact, you can predict inflation almost perfectly by taking the size of M2 for any given year compare it to the GDP for that exact year, and predict the inflation for that specific year.

People that don't believe that there is no link between M2 and inflation believe Modern Monetary Theory, and they have been proven wrong.

People that believe that changes to M2 in 2018 won't influence inflation until 2022 post on Texags under aggrad02, and have a total universe of 1 person.

Here is an article that talks a bit about this subject. I would love to hear why you think you are right, and Steve Hank is wrong. Furthermore, I would love to hear why you think that the quantitative theory of money held for so well (except for when we were in lockdowns) in the past, but is somehow wrong when it comes to predicting 2022 inflation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/powell-printing-money-supply-m2-raises-prices-level-inflation-demand-prediction-wage-stagnation-stagflation-federal-reserve-monetary-policy-11645630424#:~:text=The%20money%20supply%20as%20measured,rate%20of%2012.6%25%20a%20year.

What I think you did is picked a number that grew in Trump's admin, and tried to pin Biden's inflation on that number. By focusing on M2 growth in 2020, and ignoring the proportion of that growth compared to the economy, and the crazy fiscal policies of this administration, you are quite clearly showing that you are cherry picking.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
BusterAg
AG
TXAGFAN said:

BusterAg said:

Pookers said:

Houstonag said:

Wasnt enough.
True, not enough to overcome Dem Xerox machines.

But, the point is, the loss wasn't the fault of GOP voters.

--Thomas Jefferson
Pookers
AG
BusterAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

BusterAg said:

Pookers said:

Houstonag said:

Wasnt enough.

GOPe != Voters
No Spin Ag
BusterAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

BusterAg said:

Pookers said:

Houstonag said:

Wasnt enough.

No, it was the fault of the CMs who voted R the previous election and either stayed home or pulled the lever for Biden to get Trump out.

The good thing is that they'll happily pull the lever for DeSantis in the next election.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BusterAg
AG
Pookers said:

BusterAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

BusterAg said:

Pookers said:

Houstonag said:

Wasnt enough.

GOPe != Voters
How could the GOPe have created more than 76 million voters?

--Thomas Jefferson
BusterAg
AG
No Spin Ag said:

BusterAg said:

TXAGFAN said:

BusterAg said:

Pookers said:

Houstonag said:

Wasnt enough.

No, it was the fault of the CMs who voted R the previous election and either stayed home or pulled the lever for Biden to get Trump out.

The good thing is that they'll happily pull the lever for DeSantis in the next election.
Those darn CMs that only show up at 2am in the middle of the night in key democratic strongholds that are run by Dems and paid $400 million by Zuckerberg! They are all the GOPe's fault!

--Thomas Jefferson
richardag
Pookers said:

techno-ag said:

Clown Baby said:

Quote:

Help me out here. Could you cite examples of governments with multiple parties that perform better than the USA on economics, civil liberties and freedom.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.