Buttigeig has flight cancelled wants to semi-nationalize airlines

9,085 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by St Hedwig Aggie
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bet he is so chaffed at this because when the baby formula was unloaded off the plane from Europe, he got first choice of a pallet or two. Inconvenience his travel plans and he starts throwing his perceived weight around demanding changes. Rules for thee, serfs.
JFABNRGR
AG
If he or gov wanted to help reduce inflation and lead times or in general help this country the best thing they could do is SHUT down unemployment cold turkey and lay off all of those who work there. At this time there is no need whatsoever for unemployment.
HtownAg92
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

YouBet said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

aggiehawg said:

FTR: It is just over 220 miles from DC to NYC and there is always Amtrak $29 one way and under 3 hours.

I can't count how many times I've heard how awesome Amtrak is and it should be the model for Texas. These fools won't even ride it.

The only likely reason Biden rides it is so he can perv out on stranger's kids on the way home.
We have Amtrak here. I rode it from Longview to College Station.

It only took 9 hours to get there.
How can Amtrak make a 220-mile trip in 3 hours??

Cleburne to San Marcos is a 4.5-hour trip
Our pipe dream of a Houston-Dallas high speed train? The NE has been doing that for years and have links to all the major cities.
Muy
AG
Remember when liberals mocked citizens who had to wait months for furniture to arrive? I do, it was just a few months ago.
Tom Doniphon
Muy said:

Remember when liberals mocked citizens who had to wait months for furniture to arrive? I do, it was just a few months ago.

Our dick head POTUS was just telling everyone in the last two weeks that there would be "hardships in this transition," blah, blah, blah... then ol' Buttgigger misses a flight and they're ready to nationalize airlines. Rules for thee....

Can't make this crap up... bunch of economic illiterate clowns.
Bag
AG
taxpreparer said:

It does not bother me that he is openly gay. It does bother me that is the only reason he was picked for the position.
that was kind of my point

if this was stated as part of his qualifications, then I have zero problem bringing it up, nor should anyone else.
taxpreparer
AG
Oh, I disagree. Sexual preference is not a qualification for any job. Well, excepy maybe the head of an LGBetc organization.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Bag
AG
taxpreparer said:

Oh, I disagree. Sexual preference is not a qualification for any job. Well, excepy maybe the head of an LGBetc organization.
and yet here we are, the only reason he got the job is because he is gay.

I bring this up with no malice or agenda, but just as fact.
taxpreparer
AG
I think we agree and I misunderstood your original post. I am saying it is the only reason he got the job, but it is not a qualification for the job. It should have been irrelevant, not the primary, or only, factor.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Houstonag
AG
He can always get his husband to drive him.
Sea Speed
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I'm flying out of Denver today. Really makes you think.

My 6 year old was flying as an unaccompanied minor last week and ran in to our old across the street neighbors and their 2 daughters who are practically her best friends who she walks home with every day at the terminal in Denver. Ended up being on the same flight and getting their own row. Completely wild. Small world.
dmart90
AG
GAC06 said:

1: It happened to him so it's important now

2: This assclown is a big proponent of green nonsense, why was he flying DC-NYC in the first place? Why did he drive there? Why didn't he take the train? The station is right next to the Capitol
1. What a self-important a-hole.
2. Rules for thee, not for me.
doubledog
Airlines are too big (or important) to fail... And they know it!
doubledog
Sea Speed said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

My 6 year old was flying as an unaccompanied minor last week and ran in to our old across the street neighbors and their 2 daughters who are practically her best friends who she walks home with every day at the terminal in Denver. Ended up being on the same flight and getting their own row. Completely wild. Small world.
Ok...
YouBet
AG
doubledog said:

I'm surprised that Democrats haven't proposed ending airline travel and replacing it with a national passenger rail service considering their extreme obsession with trains.

And then you could have racially segregated train cars to help further their vision of a fractured society and culture.
El Chupacabra
YouBet said:

doubledog said:

I'm surprised that Democrats haven't proposed ending airline travel and replacing it with a national passenger rail service considering their extreme obsession with trains.

And then you could have racially segregated train cars to help further their vision of a fractured society and culture.
Is that a shot at old Pete and his lifestyle?
TxTarpon
It is moves, tax it.
If it keeps moving, regulate it.
If it stops moving, subsidize it.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Bubblez
After the billions upon billions the Trump administration handed the airlines, we should be getting a return on investment in terms of passenger related policies or they need to cough all of that back up.
Sea Speed
AG
doubledog said:

Sea Speed said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Ok...
idk what i was thinking. That was q real Tanya post, just talking about something random that only tangentially applied. I'm sorry, I won't do it again.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
You know what's scarier? Butti is likely the Dems running choice in 2024 because is sure as **** won't be Brandon or legs up!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.