Buttigeig has flight cancelled wants to semi-nationalize airlines

9,076 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by St Hedwig Aggie
medwriter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

Clown world.
geoag58
AG
The problems 99% of Americans are having with businesses were caused by the f-ing federal scum government.
TexasAggie_97
AG
geoag58 said:

The problems 99% of Americans are having with businesses were caused by the f-ing federal scum government.
Amen my man amen.
Ginormus Ag
AG
It is as if the worst people in the world have been chosen to work in government.
Username checks out.
torrid
AG
aggiehawg said:

FTR: It is just over 220 miles from DC to NYC and there is always Amtrak $29 one way and under 3 hours.
#FJB himself road it most of the way every day for what, close to 40 years?
aggiehawg
AG
torrid said:

aggiehawg said:

FTR: It is just over 220 miles from DC to NYC and there is always Amtrak $29 one way and under 3 hours.
Fast train takes just over an hour between DC and Wilmington. Get the one that stops everywhere it can take 7 hours.
Albatross Necklace
He wanted an excuse to enact this policy so he booked a flight that would likely be canceled.
annie88
AG
GAC06 said:

1: It happened to him so it's important now

2: This assclown is a big proponent of green nonsense, why was he flying DC-NYC in the first place? Why did he drive there? Why didn't he take the train? The station is right next to the Capitol
Yep. And won't you bet he didn't have to deal with the baby formula shortage.

Democrats motto, rules for thee, not for me.

And I doubt he realizes what an absolute colossal ass he looks like after complaining about this.

Canceled flights are nothing new. They've been worse now because of Biden, but it's amazing how people can throw hissy fits when it affects them.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

It is as if the worst people in the world have been chosen to work in government.
I know everybody jokes about this when the other party is in power but a truer statement could not be made.

In my lifetime I don't think I have ever seen such a colossal **** up in an administration as this one.

They are freaks, they are weirdos, they are completely incompetent at their jobs. It's just astounding.

It almost feels like one big joke, but sadly it's not.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Johnny Park!
Rockdoc said:

Maybe he's mad because they won't let him breastfeed.

It's called chest-feeding, you bigot! Get with the program!
We should never cede the moral high ground to people who justify the debasement of society as reparative justice and then lie to us about how, why and even whether it’s
being destroyed from within.
Showertime at the Bidens

Getting expensive to fly. Not to mention they try to scare someone with the new pandemic every 3 months. Airlines are being forced to cancel and consolidate flights.
i-miss-the-republic
Welcome to the real world Petie. I'm surprised you don't have a private jet yet, like Lurch.
japantiger
S
He's as useless as his fake man-tits
AggieKatie2
AG
Traveled to in-laws last week.

We could, i) drive 16 hours each way; or

ii) Drive 2 hours to airport, sit 2 hours at airport, fly 2.5 hours, 1 hour for deplaning and retrieving luggage and rent car, then drive 2 hours to final destination. (9.5 hours), then o the same thing on way back, but add an extra 2 hours for layover.

Could have shortened time a bit but would have had to double ticket prices.

scd88
AG
The dude was the mayor of South Bend, Indiana. This is like having Karl Mooney, the College Station mayor, be the grand pooba of t he nation's transportation sector.

He knows nothing. He has no instincts for it, either.
Pinche Guero
AG
Well if he didn't request a strip search maybe he would have made his flight
milner79
Next time, maybe consider carpooling with Will Hurd.
My Name Is Judge
I thought they imagined electric busses

Why do we still need planes?
Andrew99
AG
Government control of private business is fascism.
YouBet
AG
scd88 said:

The dude was the mayor of South Bend, Indiana. This is like having Karl Mooney, the College Station mayor, be the grand pooba of t he nation's transportation sector.

He knows nothing. He has no instincts for it, either.

That's what gets me. And it was a freaking college town. The only transportation issues hes ever dealt with before running the USA is football game day in south bend.
AlaskanAg99
AG
This administration is a complete clown show top to bottom. And not a big tent circus, but the carnie side show full of thieves and liars.
AgCat93
AG
YouBet said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

aggiehawg said:

I can't count how many times I've heard how awesome Amtrak is and it should be the model for Texas. These fools won't even ride it.

The only likely reason Biden rides it is so he can perv out on stranger's kids on the way home.
We have Amtrak here. I rode it from Longview to College Station.

It only took 9 hours to get there.

That's why I call it Amflop.
oldarmyjess66
AG
If But i jug thinks it is bad now, wait until the government completely takes over.
Tramp96
Hey Mayor Pete-

This is a feature, not a glitch. This is what your administration wanted and here it is.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Clob94 said:

It's 228 miles from DC to New York.

Drive, Mr. Trans guy.
Probably out of range for the EV he can't afford.
Bag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Order them to hire more staff.

Quote:

The federal government could take action against U.S. airlines on behalf of customers, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said Saturday.

Many Americans have endured delays, cancelations, and other travel complications during the coronavirus pandemic, and in recent months, after many pandemic-related travel restrictions were lifted.

Following Buttigieg's own flight being canceled, forcing him to drive from Washington to New York, he said his department has authority to enforce action against airlines that do not sufficiently maintain consumer-protection standards, potentially requiring them to hire more staff.
Quote:

"That is happening to a lot of people, and that is exactly why we are paying close attention here to what can be done and how to make sure that the airlines are delivering," Buttigieg said during an interview with The Associated Press Saturday.
Quote:

He also encouraged the executives to stress-test their travel capabilities to avoid another repeat of Memorial Day, which was riddled with flight disruptions. The executives agreed and said they would be taking steps to increase their service.

"Now we're going to see how those steps measure up," Buttigieg said Saturday.
Link

Clown world.
Who? Is this the first openenly gay transportation secretary ? Is this the one we are talking about, the gay one?
Muy
AG
Liberals weaponize their authority like petty little brats
TxTarpon
This is a great example of ego over process.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Four Seasons Landscaping
I get that flights are going to be delayed, especially right now.

If we are going to implement changes, MAKE THE AIRPORT BARS, RESTAURANTS, AND CLUBS STAY OPEN UNTIL 10.

That's been the most annoying part of the delays lately.
YouBet
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

I get that flights are going to be delayed, especially right now.

If we are going to implement changes, MAKE THE AIRPORT BARS, RESTAURANTS, AND CLUBS STAY OPEN UNTIL 10.

That's been the most annoying part of the delays lately.

I think it was Denver(?) that recently told their occupants they were doing this or they were going to start levying fines.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm flying out of Denver today. Really makes you think.
ABATTBQ87
AG
YouBet said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

aggiehawg said:

I can't count how many times I've heard how awesome Amtrak is and it should be the model for Texas. These fools won't even ride it.

The only likely reason Biden rides it is so he can perv out on stranger's kids on the way home.

How can Amtrak make a 220-mile trip in 3 hours??

Cleburne to San Marcos is a 4.5-hour trip
taxpreparer
AG
It does not bother me that he is openly gay. It does bother me that is the only reason he was picked for the position.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
agent-maroon
AG
torrid said:

aggiehawg said:

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Just as likely that he read about some other pol who did ride it everyday and plagiarized the story like he has every other "achievement" in his worthless political career
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YouBet
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

YouBet said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

aggiehawg said:

How can Amtrak make a 220-mile trip in 3 hours??

Cleburne to San Marcos is a 4.5-hour trip
Because everything is running on the same track. You had to go through Dallas before turning south to BCS. We basically stopped outside of Dallas and sat for a few hours while the network cleared up in Dallas before we could get in there and switch. And then I think we had to do it again on the other side for some reason.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.