So one of my co-workers is undergoing sex reassignment surgery

15,486 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAgs91
joerobert_pete06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same thing happened at my workplace couple years ago but (s)he eventually quit
Nat Gas Guy
Wondering if you all just got trolled? Something you can do penthouse letters back in the day

"I never thought this kind of thing would happen to me " or someone who work in my office"

ProgN
No, OP is a longtime veteran of F16 and he doesn't troll. We don't agree on everything, but he's not a troll.
flashplayer
AG
Are nice complements like, "hey, those are really nice tits!" fair game?
10thYrSr
Schuhmacher Grode Club said:

Wondering if you all just got trolled? Something you can do penthouse letters back in the day

"I never thought this kind of thing would happen to me " or someone who work in my office"

HHH, this happened bro. I read the same letters in our shared bathroom. This crap was never in any of them. (Thank God!)
B-1 83
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Feel like this thread could've been titled "Brazen Meat Theft."
Or The Legend of Wang Lon Gone"
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Pooh-ah95_ESL
AG
Pull down your pants, poop in your hand, fling it all over the break room while screaming, screeching and pounding on the table, and then identify as a monkey...

Dare them to fire you for it, then go back to work.

Everyone ignores you, win win? Only a crazy would let the crazies out crazy them! You are the victim here!
sharpdressedman
WHOOP!'91 said:

wbt5845 said:

Young guy, in his 20's. Mixed asian/american ethnicity.

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.

So I have this to look forward to in a few weeks.
That seems like a HIPAA violation.
I'm guessing he/she wanted HR to put the word out in order to give him/her cover.
bmks270
AG
Very sad.
FamousAgg
Question here. If this person didn't like you, and wanted to get rid of you, would they just need to accuse you of some sort of slight to get you fired? Seems very easy to do
LeonardSkinner
B-1 83 said:

LeonardSkinner said:

Feel like this thread could've been titled "Brazen Meat Theft."
Or The Legend of Wang Lon Gone"

Hypothetically, someone could have made a joke about sex reassignment surgery on a thread that actually was titled "Brazen Meat Theft." And then that hypothetical comment might have disappeared for some unknown reason.

And then we could say, theoretically, that a thread that actually was about sex reassignment surgery is created. The speculative assumption would be that the author of that original imaginary joke would find it impossible to resist making a similar joke.
bmks270
AG
agent-maroon said:

What really disappoints me about all of this transitioning is the medical personnel that are willing to participate in these surgeries. I thought we had learned our lesson about using surgical procedures to "treat" mental illness when we outlawed lobotomies.

Or shock therapy, or when they used to jab a spike into the brain behind the eyes. I think these reassignment surgeries will get a bad rap in the future historical record.
oldarmyjess66
AG
Sims said:

cevans_40 said:

Rapier108 said:

Just completely ignore him at all costs
FIFY
10 bucks says he would get fired for that as well.

The type of person that does this type of thing cannot just let other people leave them alone.
Happy to be a retired old fart and don't have to deal with that kind of crap at the office.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
FWIW the guy isn't getting a vagina

He's getting a cul de sac where his sack used to be
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Or shock therapy
I actually provided anesthesia for shock therapy treatments when I was a resident. It's very effective in cases of intractable severe depression that's unresponsive to anti-depressants. By intractable I mean patients who are so depressed that they don't have enough energy to attempt suicide. It's nothing like the movies make it out to be and the patient is unaware of any pain or discomfort. There is some memory loss but that's considered to be a reasonable trade-off to living in a near catatonic state of depression.

FWIW...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Dirty Sock
peacedude
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

My initial thought was Peter hates his job so much, he cuts "it" off and throws it at the front door of Initech (so "it" absorbs the static shock his finger did in the original).

Literally willing to sacrifice his pecker to show how much he hates the workplace.

Then, I found a pic that came close.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Lots of not so subtle hints at having a fetish there OP
Sully Dog
agent-maroon said:

What really disappoints me about all of this transitioning is the medical personnel that are willing to participate in these surgeries. I thought we had learned our lesson about using surgical procedures to "treat" mental illness when we outlawed lobotomies.
Well they don't have a choice now. Do you even FJB, bro?
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
diamondag
wbt5845 said:

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.

Would you say you were harassed by the HR person for signaling you out with accusatory eyes in front of your peers - that maybe she addressed you specifically making you feel uncomfortable and unsafe around your coworkers by that person calling unwarranted attention and guilt by that stare?

Just saying PC works both ways and maybe you should start playing the victim card
WHOOP!'91
AG
diamondag said:

wbt5845 said:

Would you say you were harassed by the HR person for signaling you out with accusatory eyes in front of your peers - that maybe she addressed you specifically making you feel uncomfortable and unsafe around your coworkers by that person calling unwarranted attention and guilt by that stare?

Just saying PC works both ways and maybe you should start playing the victim card
Pretty sure it doesn't. White, male, Christian or heterosexual makes you the aggressor and unable of being a victim. HR will not be even-handed, they will favor the person demanding special treatment.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
So does this new found woman poke herself in the ass with a needle a couple days each month to have a period since that's the closest they can get?
bmks270
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Or shock therapy
I actually provided anesthesia for shock therapy treatments when I was a resident. It's very effective in cases of intractable severe depression that's unresponsive to anti-depressants. By intractable I mean patients who are so depressed that they don't have enough energy to attempt suicide. It's nothing like the movies make it out to be and the patient is unaware of any pain or discomfort. There is some memory loss but that's considered to be a reasonable trade-off to living in a near catatonic state of depression.

FWIW...

Wasn't shock therapy more wide spread and less humane in the past, used for all sorts of mental treatments?
Reload8098
AG
As an adult you want to mutilate yourself, have at it. I have a HUGE problem with how the education and medical systems are trying to take advantage of young pre-teen and teenage kids. It's sick.
diamondag
WHOOP!'91 said:

diamondag said:

wbt5845 said:

Pretty sure it doesn't. White, male, Christian or heterosexual makes you the aggressor and unable of being a victim. HR will not be even-handed, they will favor the person demanding special treatment.

Unfortunately your probably right. Which goes to the heart of the problem. I truly believe there is common ground to be found but our society must leave room for many people to truly coexist. However in the attempt to make gains for one point of view the desire to win at all cost kills true progress

wbt5845
AG
So I will bump this when (s)he comes back. No Rule #1, mercifully.
TChaney
cupcakesprinkles said:

So does this new found woman poke herself in the ass with a needle a couple days each month to have a period since that's the closest they can get?
Yet another example that this could have a mental aspect being ignored by medical professionals.

I have also seen numerous instances of trans people digging used feminine hygiene products from the trash and wearing them.

All perfectly normal in today's world, and here all you sick *******s want to bump uglies with the opposite sex.
agent-maroon
AG
bmks270 said:

agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Or shock therapy

FWIW...

Wasn't shock therapy more wide spread and less humane in the past, used for all sorts of mental treatments?
Yes it was. Not familiar with it's entire history but it probably resembled something more like punishment back in the day. My knowledge is limited to maybe 3 half-days while in training and it's not something that's done routinely anymore. Honestly don't know if new & better meds haven't made shock therapy obsolete in the decades since my experience with it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
TChaney said:

cupcakesprinkles said:

Yet another example that this could have a mental aspect being ignored by medical professionals.

I have also seen numerous instances of trans people digging used feminine hygiene products from the trash and wearing them.

All perfectly normal in today's world, and here all you sick *******s want to bump uglies with the opposite sex.
I had no idea people were this far mentally gone. Some go from not only creating a gaping wound but willingly shove vegetable juice ice cubes into it?

This only reinforces the fact that I will never use their preferred pronouns ever. I will not participate in reinforcing their mental illness. It's best for both parties if we just ignore each other.
WHOOP!'91
AG
diamondag said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

diamondag said:

wbt5845 said:

Unfortunately your probably right. Which goes to the heart of the problem. I truly believe there is common ground to be found but our society must leave room for many people to truly coexist. However in the attempt to make gains for one point of view the desire to win at all cost kills true progress

My employer wants us to be our true selves at the office. Well, unless you aren't lock-step with the idea that your career potential should be curtailed because you have a Y chromosome or not enough melanin in your skin. Or you're not crazy about the idea that everyone else has to be coddled but you don't. You'd better hide that sh/t in a deep, dark hole! Other than that, though, be your true self!
wbt5845
AG
UPDATE: "Madison" is back to work this week. It is weird AF. I have not had to work around "her" yet, but it just gives me the creeps thinking about it.
zag213004
AG
Krautag81 said:

He's having a vaginoplasty and doing the opposite operation would be an addadicktomy?

Easier to dig a hole than grow a pole
OnlyForNow
AG
Madison is the female version of his original name?

What was it?

And before anyone says anything.... you're either born, XY = male, XX = female, or XXY = predominately males with chromosomal disorder.

That's pretty much it.

There are also hermaphrodites. Which may have any of the chromosomal combos above.
Womackster
AG
wbt5845 said:

UPDATE: "Madison" is back to work this week. It is weird AF. I have not had to work around "her" yet, but it just gives me the creeps thinking about it.

You tap that yet?
Womackster
AG
ProgN said:

TChaney said:

cupcakesprinkles said:

I had no idea people were this far mentally gone. Some go from not only creating a gaping wound but willingly shove vegetable juice ice cubes into it?

This only reinforces the fact that I will never use their preferred pronouns ever. I will not participate in reinforcing their mental illness. It's best for both parties if we just ignore each other.

I can only imagine how gawd awful these poor lunatics must smell.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.