So one of my co-workers is undergoing sex reassignment surgery

15,473 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAgs91
moldaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
houag80 said:

I call BS on this.

Of course you would, along with around 10 percent of people on here...

Bottom line is this:

Proverbs 15:4
"The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit".
backintexas2013
AG
Some spirits need to be crushed.
rodan85
AG
I have been through the same uncomfortable discussion with HR.

The funny thing is "She" was 6ft 6 and a rabid packers fan.
TChaney
moldaggie said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

moldaggie said:

Hey, I totally get and agree with not starting trans procedures too early. At the same time, it does seem lately like alot of trans hate on this board recently. It's not like trans or LGBTQ issues are new, they have been around for thousands and thousands of years. I know some trans adults and they aren't evil, actually nice people.
Not a fair comment. This board generally doesn't care what adults do. It's the grooming, the forcing into society, etc. Not too long ago, I read you were a bigot if you wouldn't date a trans person. That kind of stuff is a non-starter.

I don't hate anyone unless they have earned it individually. Being opposed to a special interest group pressing their advocacy onto your kids, for example, isn't "hate".

Maybe you haven't seen all the trans comments on here lately. Again, AGREE with not starting kids or grooming them of course too young. In fact, if there is a groomer they should be PUNISHED with the full extent of the law. I have been educated by the trans community and they say the majority of parents don't push their kids to be trans, especially why would a parent push their child to be different and be bullied constantly? They say you are who you are born with traditionally, and when they get older and it's pretty evident who they are and nothing changes, then they accept and love them. It's a very small amount of idiot parents that hear a 3 yo and say sure, you are trans.

Maybe people think jokes aren't hateful or hurtful to another. Making fun of someone with who they are does alot of damage. Or making a law to silence a group just might be taken as an assault against them - LOL. I actually agree with the K-3 law and I also can see how that group also sees that as an attack. Think about kids who have lgbtq parents and what message that sends. Or a child or teen who is lgbtq and what that message sends to them.

Getting tired of all the trans scapegoating. If you are talking about young kids OK, older adults who are trans chill out.. I know them and you have NO idea how hard their lives have been. And you want to create more of that for them, not OK.
Turing a sexual fetish into a single issue identity is not healthy in any way shape or form.

People on here even admit they vote democrat solely because of their sexual identity at the same time they try not to admit the polices that go along with it hurt them economically and in other ways.

Trans people are sexual LARPers. Just like Furries. Is dysphoria real? I believe it is. Just like Body Integrity Disorder. A moral doctor would not cut off someone's healthy legs so treat the issue they would recommend mental therapy.

The fact that there are people detransitioning is enough to show that people are not "born this way".

Today's culture unfortunately is turning undesirable traits into virtues. Victim status is the ultimate goal.
annie88
AG
HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me.

Is the HR person a female or male?

My guess is female?
medwriter
So people like you are thrown into a very uncomfortable situation then threatened if you don't behave as scripted.

I'm glad that I retire in May.
torrid
AG
Had a very uncomfortable job interview with a candidate. This was probably twenty years ago. Very noticeable Adam's apple. I wasn't sure what was/wasn't there, obviously couldn't ask, and certainly had no desire to know. Fortunately the person lacked the qualifications needed for the position.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

Shouldn't that read "hole transitioning phase"?
moldaggie
TChaney said:

moldaggie said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

moldaggie said:

Hey, I totally get and agree with not starting trans procedures too early. At the same time, it does seem lately like alot of trans hate on this board recently. It's not like trans or LGBTQ issues are new, they have been around for thousands and thousands of years. I know some trans adults and they aren't evil, actually nice people.
Not a fair comment. This board generally doesn't care what adults do. It's the grooming, the forcing into society, etc. Not too long ago, I read you were a bigot if you wouldn't date a trans person. That kind of stuff is a non-starter.

I don't hate anyone unless they have earned it individually. Being opposed to a special interest group pressing their advocacy onto your kids, for example, isn't "hate".

Maybe you haven't seen all the trans comments on here lately. Again, AGREE with not starting kids or grooming them of course too young. In fact, if there is a groomer they should be PUNISHED with the full extent of the law. I have been educated by the trans community and they say the majority of parents don't push their kids to be trans, especially why would a parent push their child to be different and be bullied constantly? They say you are who you are born with traditionally, and when they get older and it's pretty evident who they are and nothing changes, then they accept and love them. It's a very small amount of idiot parents that hear a 3 yo and say sure, you are trans.

Maybe people think jokes aren't hateful or hurtful to another. Making fun of someone with who they are does alot of damage. Or making a law to silence a group just might be taken as an assault against them - LOL. I actually agree with the K-3 law and I also can see how that group also sees that as an attack. Think about kids who have lgbtq parents and what message that sends. Or a child or teen who is lgbtq and what that message sends to them.

Getting tired of all the trans scapegoating. If you are talking about young kids OK, older adults who are trans chill out.. I know them and you have NO idea how hard their lives have been. And you want to create more of that for them, not OK.
Turing a sexual fetish into a single issue identity is not healthy in any way shape or form.

People on here even admit they vote democrat solely because of their sexual identity at the same time they try not to admit the polices that go along with it hurt them economically and in other ways.

Trans people are sexual LARPers. Just like Furries. Is dysphoria real? I believe it is. Just like Body Integrity Disorder. A moral doctor would not cut off someone's healthy legs so treat the issue they would recommend mental therapy.

The fact that there are people detransitioning is enough to show that people are not "born this way".

Today's culture unfortunately is turning undesirable traits into virtues. Victim status is the ultimate goal.

Gotcha, some interesting points and one I agree with. For me, it just seems cruel to continue to attack a group that already has been through hell. Meet some adult trans people and make your own decision on what they are like..
cecil77
AG
ChemAg15 said:

If OP doesn't comply with Rule 1, do we notify HR?

Pretty sure Rule 1 can be excused for this one.
LeonardSkinner
Feel like this thread could've been titled "Brazen Meat Theft."
moldaggie
TChaney said:

moldaggie said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

moldaggie said:

Detransitioning yes, and still a VERY small number. The majority don't and actually say transitioning IS what saved them from suicide and mental health problems. In the DSM5, gender dysphoria is usually given to a person that believes they are a different gender. In other words, the diagnosis of gender dysphoria DROPS for the majority of people AFTER they transition. I am telling you, meet trans people and you will see them as..... people.

That said, they are telling me they are concerned it is becoming a fashion or movement. This can and will be a big problem. A person that wants to transition has to be approved by a Licensed Counselor, and it seems the training should include more of this they say.
zgolfz85
AG
I can get along with just about anyone, but damn it would be tough to try and pretend for it to be no thing pre and post op with someone you know. it's like these people are just begging for ways to say gotcha you bigot.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
zgolfz85 said:

I can get along with just about anyone, but damn it would be tough to try and pretend for it to be no thing pre and post op with someone you know. it's like these people are just begging for ways to say gotcha you bigot.
And the obvious solution is to avoid that person at all costs. They become judge,jury and executioner.

Kenneth_2003
AG
So when the mind thinks the physical form of the body is wrong we must accept their mental view and accommodate it.

When their mind knows that their genetics is incorrect, when they posses the wrong bone structure and the wrong hormones and the wrong sexual organs we must accept and accommodate it.

When their mind knows that they are obese and they must not eat even a few calories, or if they do consume some food they must quickly force themselves to vomit, we must accept and accommo... Oh wait. No we don't do that do we? We force them, uncomfortably through interventions and force counseling on them.
MaxPower
So their new "vagina" smells like an ******* the rest of their life? Can't they just clean that bad boy out with a hose and some ******?
zgolfz85
AG
moldaggie said:

TChaney said:

moldaggie said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

moldaggie said:

Detransitioning yes, and still a VERY small number. The majority don't and actually say transitioning IS what saved them from suicide and mental health problems. In the DSM5, gender dysphoria is usually given to a person that believes they are a different gender. In other words, the diagnosis of gender dysphoria DROPS for the majority of people AFTER they transition. I am telling you, meet trans people and you will see them as..... people.

That said, they are telling me they are concerned it is becoming a fashion or movement. This can and will be a big problem. A person that wants to transition has to be approved by a Licensed Counselor, and it seems the training should include more of this they say.
I've spoken to plenty of trans folks and I have a heart for anyone. The fact that society has allowed for transition and has broken down many of the stigmas should be MORE than enough as far as an expectation. I agree with you in what's happening now is making it trendy, breaking down far too many barriers and will result in some catastrophic results. Transition if you must, but it needs to be a process that allows for outs along the way. It's not a tattoo that you can get lasered off down the line. The left is intentionally hiding the hard facts about transitioning in what can only be considered criminally wrong. Anyone even halfway considering transitioning needs to know what it entails, the fact that it is committing to a lifetime of medical treatments, therapy, etc. with some scary side effects and with increased chances for cancer and other fatal diseases. It's no walk in the park and that's what they're trying to market it as.
FCBlitz
So would a welcome back dildo gift be appropriate?
Boo Weekley
zgolfz85 said:

I cannot imagine a scenario where it would not be tough to look that person in the eye and not feel extremely awkward. Now if they were a new hire and that's the way they came in, that's one thing. But a coworker that i have known for years...I can't imagine them pretending to be a girl and everything just being normal between us.
TChaney
FCBlitz said:

He will get a set from the doctor.

They are called dilators of various sizes, and he has to insert them daily or the hole created will heal back up.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
wbt5845 said:

Young guy, in his 20's. Mixed asian/american ethnicity.

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.

So I have this to look forward to in a few weeks.

Ah yes, the "YOU WILL BE DECENT AND NOT MAKE A SCENE AND SUBSCRUBE TO THIS FICTION WITH OPEN ARMS AND A SMILE ON YOUR G@# DAM@&D FACE AT ALL TIMES OR WE WILL REAM YOUR SORRY @$$ AND FIRE YOU TO BOOT SO YOU BETTER BE NICE!!!!" rage threat ploy.

I'm sure it works just as intended.

Sorry you have forced compliance to mental illness and personalized fantasy fiction.
stetson
AG
Did you group healthcare policy pay for this? That's where I get torqued if it did.
FJB
jokershady
AG
Holy crap that was amazing
TRADUCTOR
You about to be groomed by coworker.

Grooming target Pro Tip: Dead naming groomers works like garlic to vampires.
BAP Enthusiast
moldaggie said:

TChaney said:

moldaggie said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

moldaggie said:

Doubt. With the complications after surgery, there is no way these people don't regret it. It's a lifetime of pain. Can you imagine a 70 year old dilating? I can't.
BAP Enthusiast
MaxPower said:

So their new "vagina" smells like an ******* the rest of their life? Can't they just clean that bad boy out with a hose and some ******?

The microorganism culture is the same as that in a colon. Nothing they do can change that. This is what causes the smell.
BAP Enthusiast
Dr. Mephisto said:

wbt5845 said:

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.

Ah yes, the "YOU WILL BE DECENT AND NOT MAKE A SCENE AND SUBSCRUBE TO THIS FICTION WITH OPEN ARMS AND A SMILE ON YOUR G@# DAM@&D FACE AT ALL TIMES OR WE WILL REAM YOUR SORRY @$$ AND FIRE YOU TO BOOT SO YOU BETTER BE NICE!!!!" rage threat ploy.

I'm sure it works just as intended.

Sorry you have forced compliance to mental illness and personalized fantasy fiction.

There is not a chance in hell I could interact with these people and not laugh.
Sully Dog
FCBlitz said:

As long as we are all pretending, tampons would be a better gift.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
agent-maroon
AG
What really disappoints me about all of this transitioning is the medical personnel that are willing to participate in these surgeries. I thought we had learned our lesson about using surgical procedures to "treat" mental illness when we outlawed lobotomies.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Whirligigs
One of my clients employees has 'become a chick' - he's allowed to drop a deuce in the womens restroom and now has been dressing up drag at work. This guy is already stressed out so I told the guys just to wait until this homeboy eventually quits.
samurai_science
wbt5845 said:

Its a mental disorder, but at least they are an adult.
10thYrSr
agent-maroon said:

What really disappoints me about all of this transitioning is the medical personnel that are willing to participate in these surgeries. I thought we had learned our lesson about using surgical procedures to "treat" mental illness when we outlawed lobotomies.

Absolutely! What the hell happened to "do no harm"? This combined with the menagerie of Covid horror tales of people being killed by treatment and not allowing a family member to be present has cast a dark shadow over the medical profession.

The trust is gone and we have returned to the days when barbers were surgeons.
10thYrSr
Does anyone miss the days when parents seeking validation for children with special conditions merely put them on antidepressants? Now they have the trans thing, which is MUCH more damaging.
Martin Cash
AG
rodan85 said:

I have been through the same uncomfortable discussion with HR.

The funny thing is "She" was 6ft 6 and a rabid packers pecker fan.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
FamousAgg
agent-maroon said:

Do they get paid to perform the surgery? That's more than enough reason for most….

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.