So one of my co-workers is undergoing sex reassignment surgery

15,493 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAgs91
peacedude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Office Space 2 (HR Edition)

Funky Winkerbean
AG
Notify HR that you are coming out as a Trump supporter and will be expecting the same protections.
TChaney
moldaggie said:

Hey, I totally get and agree with not starting trans procedures too early. At the same time, it does seem lately like alot of trans hate on this board recently. It's not like trans or LGBTQ issues are new, they have been around for thousands and thousands of years. I know some trans adults and they aren't evil, actually nice people.
I can be disgusted without hatred.

Along with the Trans movement there has been an upsurge in attempting to pull children into the the culture and normalizing sex with underage kids.

I was all for "Just let them get married" "what they do in the privacy of their own home is their business"

I turned a blind eye to behaviors from gay friends that should have been obvious at the time.

I was fooled once, never again.

EDIT
To be brutally honest I really don't hate trans people, deep down I pity them. They are chasing an unattainable goal. No matter how much friends say "you look beautiful" or any other compliments to reassure the person they are what they are pretending to be, they are lying so they don't hurt their friend. Deep down people do not see a trans person as the sex they are pretending to be and no matter how hard they try they will never achieve that goal.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

93MarineHorn said:
I've been all over the Far East. Asian guys make for the most convincing trans women.

Quote:

My buddy almost fell for one in Ciudad Acuna a long time ago. I was 100% convinced it was a she as well from a distance, until this old caballero I was shooting pool with told me to get my buddy because he was talking to a man. There were signs up close but still pretty damn convincing (no homo).
I was in a bar/club in Pattaya beach, Thailand that most of my fellow Marines didn't know was full of lady boys. THANK GOD I went golfing a day earlier with an Aussie who warned me about it. Not kidding, they were better looking than the women.
Boo Weekley
lb3 said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

wbt5845 said:

Young guy, in his 20's. Mixed asian/american ethnicity.

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.

So I have this to look forward to in a few weeks.

Nah, he'll be one of the 41% soon. You won't have to worry about him and his feces smelling neovag soon.
Man, I could have done without that thought.

I just confirmed that they use a piece of colon to make these counterfeit vags now days. I will never get close enough to one to know what it smells like so thanks for you insight BAP.
WTF...I had always heard about scrotum skin, but this is a first for me...
WHOOP!'91
AG
moldaggie said:

Hey, I totally get and agree with not starting trans procedures too early. At the same time, it does seem lately like alot of trans hate on this board recently. It's not like trans or LGBTQ issues are new, they have been around for thousands and thousands of years. I know some trans adults and they aren't evil, actually nice people.
Not a fair comment. This board generally doesn't care what adults do. It's the grooming, the forcing into society, etc. Not too long ago, I read you were a bigot if you wouldn't date a trans person. That kind of stuff is a non-starter.

I don't hate anyone unless they have earned it individually. Being opposed to a special interest group pressing their advocacy onto your kids, for example, isn't "hate".
BAP Enthusiast

This will be in your nightmares.
BAP Enthusiast
houag80
AG
Yep, I would have advised HR that very instant...if as OP claimed....they were making a big deal of it and subtly threatening olds like myself. Hostile work environment and age discrimination....they would be settling quickly and expensively because at my age and position I truly don't give a ***** and would be public about it.
BMX Bandit
houag80 said:

Yep, I would have advised HR that very instant...if as OP claimed....they were making a big deal of it and subtly threatening olds like myself. Hostile work environment and age discrimination....they would be settling quickly and expensively because at my age and position I truly don't give a ***** and would be public about it.

Funny
Tom Doniphon
What in the absolute hell?
Marcus Brutus
Wow
AgDad121619
AG
You need to let your HR manage know that you will gladly address coworker as her if she will refer to you as el conquistador. And is she doesn't, you will expect her to be dismissed. You should be afforded the same the respect for request
Tom Doniphon
Quote:

refer to you as el conquistador.

Greatness
nortex97
AG
Are you allowed to change your pronoun to 'sausage king?'

Just curious if there are any limits on mandatory speech/salutations.
93MarineHorn
BAP, you crossed a line with that post. Horrific!
TChaney
93MarineHorn said:

Trust me on this,

He's holding back. A LOT.

When people say horrors they mean exactly that.
. . .
Rex Racer
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

wbt5845 said:

Young guy, in his 20's. Mixed asian/american ethnicity.

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.

So I have this to look forward to in a few weeks.
That seems like a HIPAA violation.
It isn't unless the company he works for is a covered entity, which it most likely is not.
BAP Enthusiast
TChaney said:

93MarineHorn said:

Trust me on this,

The rabbit hole is deep and very very wide. The things these people speak about regarding their hatchet wounds or flesh sticks (the ftm version) are bad enough to sear into your brain.

Normal people don't know and just think this is something normal. These surgeries are an abomination. I cannot actually believe they have been board approved. The stories of regret like this are endless. The pictures look like someone grafted Cthulhu or some sort of horror movie Eldritch Abomination on to someone's body.

Whatever normies may have thought about the situation is wrong, it's far worse than you could ever imagine.
BenFiasco14
AG
Glad I got in on page Juan. This thread isn't long for this world.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Fat Black Swan
AG
I read one the other day from a mother on Reddit who had put her son on puberty blockers when he was a teenager. He's now 20 and ready for the bottom surgery but the puberty blockers had given him a micro-***** that made the surgery impossible. Due to the micro-*****, they were going to have to use a portion of his colon. She was concerned because she had heard the horror stories and didn't want her son to have one that smelled like sheet.

To say the least, there was a lot of regret with both of them. The concept of irreversible seems hard to grasp for some people.
NTAS
moldaggie said:

I get what you are saying. Here is the rub for me. This person can go do whatever they want without affecting me. However, when they demand that I participate in what I consider a delusion is when I start having a problem. Why should someone's world view or self view cause me to alter my life or views?

Why am I coerced to validate them?

The enumerated rights do not require anyone do alter their lives to accommodate my right to bear arms, speak freely, assemble, etc.

However, when people claim a right to healthcare, it is now incumbent upon me to pay for that "right" with tax dollars. Or it a doctor is forced to donate healthcare to the indigent. All of these new "rights" require me to provide for or accommodate. Why do these rights require something out of me? Why must I go out of my way to validate their rights? Do I not have rights anymore? Are their feel feels more important than mine?

They do they, and I'll do me. I am not asking them to accommodate me in any way shape or form. My rights don't require others to alter their views.
NoahAg
moldaggie said:

With all due respect, BS. I'm not seeing a lot of "trans hate." Joking, yes.
The sad fact is that these people need serious help, not legitimizing, enabling, and cutting off of major body parts.

Most of us wouldn't be bothered by it if the trans army (i.e., progressive liberal democrats) wasn't going after our children. These people are confusing the hell out of preteens/teens, especially girls.
Let's go, Brandon!
moldaggie
WHOOP!'91 said:

moldaggie said:

Not a fair comment. This board generally doesn't care what adults do. It's the grooming, the forcing into society, etc. Not too long ago, I read you were a bigot if you wouldn't date a trans person. That kind of stuff is a non-starter.

I don't hate anyone unless they have earned it individually. Being opposed to a special interest group pressing their advocacy onto your kids, for example, isn't "hate".

Maybe you haven't seen all the trans comments on here lately. Again, AGREE with not starting kids or grooming them of course too young. In fact, if there is a groomer they should be PUNISHED with the full extent of the law. I have been educated by the trans community and they say the majority of parents don't push their kids to be trans, especially why would a parent push their child to be different and be bullied constantly? They say you are who you are born with traditionally, and when they get older and it's pretty evident who they are and nothing changes, then they accept and love them. It's a very small amount of idiot parents that hear a 3 yo and say sure, you are trans.

Maybe people think jokes aren't hateful or hurtful to another. Making fun of someone with who they are does alot of damage. Or making a law to silence a group just might be taken as an assault against them - LOL. I actually agree with the K-3 law and I also can see how that group also sees that as an attack. Think about kids who have lgbtq parents and what message that sends. Or a child or teen who is lgbtq and what that message sends to them.

Getting tired of all the trans scapegoating. If you are talking about young kids OK, older adults who are trans chill out.. I know them and you have NO idea how hard their lives have been. And you want to create more of that for them, not OK.
lb3
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

TChaney said:

93MarineHorn said:

Trust me on this,

The rabbit hole is deep and very very wide. The things these people speak about regarding their hatchet wounds or flesh sticks (the ftm version) are bad enough to sear into your brain.

Normal people don't know and just think this is something normal. These surgeries are an abomination. I cannot actually believe they have been board approved. The stories of regret like this are endless. The pictures look like someone grafted Cthulhu or some sort of horror movie Eldritch Abomination on to someone's body.

Whatever normies may have thought about the situation is wrong, it's far worse than you could ever imagine.
Just starting this rabbit hole.

Here is a teen trans. She was ftm and back to mtf and it's sad.

But this YouTuber, Blaire White is a MAGA trans mtf. Nice to see they aren't all groomers.

https://m.youtube.com/c/BlaireWhiteX/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=list

BAP Enthusiast
lb3 said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

TChaney said:

93MarineHorn said:

Trust me on this,

Just starting this rabbit hole.

Here is a teen trans. She was ftm and back to mtf and it's sad.

But this YouTuber, Blaire White is a MAGA trans mtf. Nice to see they aren't all groomers.

https://m.youtube.com/c/BlaireWhiteX/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=list

Blair White never had the surgery and won't ever do it. He's still mentally ill but at least not completely crazy.
Fireman
AG
I might be tempted to say something off color and call their bluff about firing me. It could make for a nice lawsuit, if you sue them for wrongful termination, under the argument: "Um, it's my culture to call someone born with a ***** he/him, so why should my culture be violated to protect his culture of dysphoria?"
oh no
AG
BAP posts are not crossing a line. People thinking about doing those surgeries, or allowing their pubescent or prepubescent children to go through with those surgeries, need to read what those trans people go through before making a decision.
tamc93
AG
Please Please - No Rule 1 on this one.
Rex Racer
AG
moldaggie said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

moldaggie said:

I actually agree with the K-3 law and I also can see how that group also sees that as an attack. Think about kids who have lgbtq parents and what message that sends. Or a child or teen who is lgbtq and what that message sends to them.
The law prohibits discussion in schools with those children about sex or gender. It doesn't send ANY message unless the LGBTQ parents send the children a message at home. That's on THEM.
Anonymous Source
S
Boo Weekley said:

Anonymous Source said:

Yeah, if HR told you the dude was having a vaginoplasty, that's a big damn HIPAA violation.
Hypothetically, what if he gave them permission to give everyone a heads up to smooth the back to office transition? Assuming he'd have to sign something?
I had one in my office years ago. When HR told us, it was mainly in non-specifics. "Everyone here knows Joe, and know that he's been gone for a while. Joe will be rejoining us soon, and you'll certainly notice some changes. All we ask is that Joe is welcomed back to (company) like the valued employee that he is..."

And that's about all I remember because I didn't know Joe/Jo and never once encountered him/her in the office...at least that I know of.
Gig 'Em
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman.
houag80
AG
I call BS on this.
dunlay
AG
houag80 said:

Exactly... and the veiled threat from HR is another point. OP isn't the one who sought this situation, and can't be forced by HR to approve/conform to it outside of simply doing their job... deviation from that could get the company sued. Plus, wonder if everyone's health plan costs will be going up next year in part because of the 'surgery'?
"Democracy: 2 wolves and 1 sheep deciding one what to have for supper. Liberty: 2 wolves set on supper, and finding 1 well armed sheep."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.