So one of my co-workers is undergoing sex reassignment surgery

15,500 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAgs91
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bring a hotdog for lunch first day back, then ask everyone at lunch if anyone lost their wiener
Boo Weekley
wbt5845 said:

i think actually he is attracted to women, so I guess he'll be a lesbian? Maybe?

EDIT: She - damn I'm gonna get roasted for this.
Surprisingly, many of these dudes who want to be female are not gay. When my wife was working a pharmacy rotation about 12 yrs ago in Austin, she had a geriatric WWII vet customer who was trans and tried his best to be a woman. He was still married to his wife and had a few adult children I believe. Apparently he was tortured pretty bad by the Nazis as a POW and she always assumed that likely contributed to his mental illness.

I realize how unbelievable all of that sounds but it's 100% true. He wasn't some "keep Austin weird" liberal hippie freak like Leslie or a thousand others. Just a very messed up, but good/kind old man who loved his wife and family. I wonder if...like with many other mental disorders....past trauma can play a role in gender dysphoria?
YouBet
AG
Sims said:

cevans_40 said:

Rapier108 said:

Just completely ignore him at all costs
FIFY
10 bucks says he would get fired for that as well.

The type of person that does this type of thing cannot just let other people leave them alone.
He would. That falls under retaliation whether we agree with it or not. I've had to deal with this in my own HR investigations that I've been in involved with.

HR is the enemy.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.
I've been all over the Far East. Asian guys make for the most convincing trans women.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

That seems like a HIPAA violation.
and

here

we

go
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

T&P

or is it

T&A
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
YouBet
AG
And feel bad for this guy. Wish he was getting treatment he needs rather than a regrettable, catastrophic surgery.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Anonymous Source
S
Yeah, if HR told you the dude was having a vaginoplasty, that's a big damn HIPAA violation.
Gig 'Em
Boo Weekley
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Frankly, he was a good looking guy and and little on the short side, so I think (s)he's gonna make a really pretty woman. That being said, he really will need the up tops addressed to maximize his (oops, her) looks. I doubt I'll suggest it though.
I've been all over the Far East. Asian guys make for the most convincing trans women.
My buddy almost fell for one in Ciudad Acuna a long time ago. I was 100% convinced it was a she as well from a distance, until this old caballero I was shooting pool with told me to get my buddy because he was talking to a man. There were signs up close but still pretty damn convincing (no homo).
Rapier108
Anonymous Source said:

Yeah, if HR told you the dude was having a vaginoplasty, that's a big damn HIPAA violation.
Unless he told HR it was okay to do so.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Boo Weekley
Anonymous Source said:

Hypothetically, what if he gave them permission to give everyone a heads up to smooth the back to office transition? Assuming he'd have to sign something?
TChaney
You could always invite him, excuse me "her" out to lunch for BBQ to celebrate after the surgery.

cevans_40
AG
HTownAg98 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Well at least now you know to avoid him and he can't be trusted with anything significant.
That's a good way to get your ass fired as well.

Just treat the person like you would anyone else. This is a job; you don't have to like everyone there or approve of their lifestyles. But you can expect everyone to do their job, and treat everyone with respect and common courtesy that you would like.
wbt5845
AG
I wondered about the HIPAA aspects - BUT - I think the manager, HR and the - employee - probably had a discussion about work place transition - this a male dominated engineering office - and realized the now she could not just prance in as if nothing but an ear piercing happened while (s)he was gone.
YouBet
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

That seems like a HIPAA violation.
and

here

we

go
agracer
AG
wbt5845 said:

Young guy, in his 20's. Mixed asian/american ethnicity.

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

So I have this to look forward to in a few weeks.
File a complaint with HR for hostile work environment.
Phatbob
AG
Ask where they got the missing DNA fragments from to turn that Y to an X
BAP Enthusiast
wbt5845 said:

I figured something was up with this dude. He's real thin but his body shape has been changing over the last few months. Hadn't really paid too much attention, but it was noticeable. Guessing it was hormone therapy.

He then shows up on our group vacation/out of office sheet as out for several weeks, starting last Monday.

Then we have a group meeting with someone from HR. He underwent the knife earlier this week for the big surgery called vaginoplasty. When he comes back, his name will now be the feminized version of his given name.

We were right up threatened with dismissal if we caused any trouble, up to and including using the wrong name or pronouns. Obviously, anything of a humorous nature would warranted dismissal as well. HR rep made a point of making prolonged eye contact with older dudes like me. Maybe my manager warned her.

Nah, he'll be one of the 41% soon. You won't have to worry about him and his feces smelling neovag soon.
10thYrSr
agracer said:

wbt5845 said:

File a complaint with HR for hostile work environment.

Or sexual harassment. How is this an appropriate workplace discussion? Are you allowed to gather your coworkers and tell them you like to wear your cock as a watch, but they had better not treat you weird and not ask you the time.
WHOOP!'91
AG
BAP Enthusiast said:

wbt5845 said:

Nah, he'll be one of the 41% soon. You won't have to worry about him and his feces smelling neovag soon.
Man, I could have done without that thought.
Shoefly!
AG
Yep, same thing happened to me at The Cowboy Club in Nuevo Laredo. I was at a loss of words when the barkeeper told me.
Boo Weekley
BAP Enthusiast said:

wbt5845 said:

Sadly this. If only we properly treated mental illness in this country. We don't just tell schizzo's that the crazy clown really is right behind them or that the voices in their head are real.

I don't care what the carefully crafted numbers say...there is no way suicide rates are not higher among the group that actually goes all the way in transitioning. No way trading your p3nis for a rancid wound does not do serious mental damage more often than not.
BAP Enthusiast
RebelE Infantry said:

Be glad you have never seen any of the pics on /pol/ or the gif of the process. Easily as bad as the drug cartel videos.
moldaggie
Hey, I totally get and agree with not starting trans procedures too early. At the same time, it does seem lately like alot of trans hate on this board recently. It's not like trans or LGBTQ issues are new, they have been around for thousands and thousands of years. I know some trans adults and they aren't evil, actually nice people.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

feces smelling neovag

cevans_40
AG
moldaggie said:

Hey, I totally get and agree with not starting trans procedures too early. At the same time, it does seem lately like alot of trans hate on this board recently. It's not like trans or LGBTQ issues are new, they have been around for thousands and thousands of years. I know some trans adults and they aren't evil, actually nice people.
Ok cool. But I don't lose my job when I accidently reply "yes sir" to a normal lady at work.
A is A
AG
rocky the dog said:

this is amazing.
Boo Weekley
moldaggie said:

It's not the trans or gay individuals that I have a problem with. It's the white liberals, both straight and gay, weaponizing them and pushing this stuff on our kids and using it as a wedge issue to further divide us. There is a cultural war going on and these poor people are being used and abused, just like the left does to blacks.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
He didn't need surgery to become an "it", he needed professional counseling.....
fullback44
AG
Krautag81 said:

He's having a vaginoplasty and doing the opposite operation would be an addadicktomy?

So a pecker and 2 balls chop off job …. To start with
EX TEXASEX
Give him a few years and he is going to realize he screwed up. if he chops off his tally wacker, it will be a lifelong mistake he will never recover from. As I recall wasn't there a story a few years ago about some guy at ABC who decided he was a women and they did the whole HR and everybody accommodated him and then 2 years latter. " OPPS, I am not a girl actually. I am Just mentally ill "
I am always wrong
moldaggie said:

Mental illness has definitely been around for thousands and thousands of years. That we can agree on. I cannot agree that it is acceptable to glorify and encourage that mental illness among any segment of the population, much less children. The modern gay/trans/pedophile agenda might be the worst thing to ever happen to the world.
lb3
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

wbt5845 said:

I just confirmed that they use a piece of colon to make these counterfeit vags now days. I will never get close enough to one to know what it smells like so thanks for you insight BAP.
BAP Enthusiast
WHOOP!'91 said:

BAP Enthusiast said:

wbt5845 said:

Oh it's much much worse than you could ever imagine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.