I will never buy an electric powered vehicle.

419,088 Views | 6749 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by oh no
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A $1,000 iPhone is worth way more than $150 in 2 years. And older Teslas are still holding value extremely well. The model 3 is on track to have the greatest resale value of any car ever.
BCG Disciple
AG
AgBandsman said:

BCG Disciple said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Quote:

Savings are still significant for comparable vehicles
In some categories…
1. Initial cost (you say even)
2. Cost of operation (adv. Tesla)
3. Cost of maintenance (adv. Tesla)
4. Cost of downtime (mixed as Tesla guarantees downtime on any long trip and is rendered useless in a no-power scenario, while ICE require planned oil changes and are more at risk of breakdown)
5. Resale (huge adv. ICE)
6. Period of ownership (huge adv. ICE as you "total" 2 battery packs in the time a single modern ICE wears down)

If you like your Tesla and it's daily convenience - congrats. But there's a huge depreciation issue that can get ignored in the cost of ownership discussion.
Let me know where you see cheap resale/used evs. Might be worth the battery risk if they're as cheap as you claim. Would prefer a Tesla, and would take one 4 years old or so.

iPhones are designed to go from $1,000 value to $150 in 2 years, and you really think EV's will hold their value more than ICE?

EV's will be completely connected to the internet, and won't even be able to move without an internet connection. They will have a menu of add-on extras with monthly subscriptions. Your car will know your credit card number. It will know when you drive to and from work. How fast you drive to work. How bad the traffic is when you drove to work and how inebriated you are behind the wheel. How many miles you drive monthly will be automatically sent to daddy government for taxing purposes.

It's basically a smartphone on wheels.

Interesting theory. I might believe you if o hadn't been informed of the actual market. Still waiting for someone to find me a deal on a 4 year old Tesla.
Manhattan
AgBandsman said:

EV's will be completely connected to the internet, and won't even be able to move without an internet connection. They will have a menu of add-on extras with monthly subscriptions. Your car will know your credit card number. It will know when you drive to and from work. How fast you drive to work. How bad the traffic is when you drove to work and how inebriated you are behind the wheel. How many miles you drive monthly will be automatically sent to daddy government for taxing purposes.

You think regular vehicles aren't getting that ***** I could track the F150 I sold for two years after I sold it.... And start it, and check the tire pressure....
cslifer
You do know most newer vehicles already do most of that don't you?
Teslag
AG
Right. In addition to our Tesla we also have Silverado diesel for towing. I can locate it and remote start/stop it with my iPhone. And it's not even a high end trim package, just an LT. If someone is worried about connectivity then they shouldn't buy any vehicle made in the last 10 years, ICE or EV.
Ferg
Question, what does the board think of Camry/Accord Hybrids?

Not wanting an EV next but might consider a Hybrid.

AggieZUUL
AG
Hybrid is where it's at.
nortex97
AG
PlaneCrashGuy
We fixed the keg
AG
New wrinkle.....

Teslag
AG
Old video is old. This is every supercharger in DFW during the middle of rush hour right now. Tons of availability.

Stick to lithium mine fear mongering.
nortex97
AG
Proving there are 10 chargers scattered across D/FW basically proves my point.

Sure, why not take 4 days to charge a battery/fill a car up? Makes sense. "Progress" in the true progressive mold. As a reminder, EV tech is older than ICE, and this old technology is really a throw back. There are absurd electric, and ice vehicles today.
aggiedata
AG
redcrayon
AG
BCG Disciple said:

AgBandsman said:

BCG Disciple said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Quote:

Savings are still significant for comparable vehicles
In some categories…
1. Initial cost (you say even)
2. Cost of operation (adv. Tesla)
3. Cost of maintenance (adv. Tesla)
4. Cost of downtime (mixed as Tesla guarantees downtime on any long trip and is rendered useless in a no-power scenario, while ICE require planned oil changes and are more at risk of breakdown)
5. Resale (huge adv. ICE)
6. Period of ownership (huge adv. ICE as you "total" 2 battery packs in the time a single modern ICE wears down)

If you like your Tesla and it's daily convenience - congrats. But there's a huge depreciation issue that can get ignored in the cost of ownership discussion.
Let me know where you see cheap resale/used evs. Might be worth the battery risk if they're as cheap as you claim. Would prefer a Tesla, and would take one 4 years old or so.

iPhones are designed to go from $1,000 value to $150 in 2 years, and you really think EV's will hold their value more than ICE?

Interesting theory. I might believe you if o hadn't been informed of the actual market. Still waiting for someone to find me a deal on a 4 year old Tesla.

Try Florida.

Resale value isn't a good argument right now.
nortex97
AG
A partisan divide on EV's? Yes.

Quote:

This should not greatly surprise anyone though. Just as Republicans are more economically literate than Democrats, they are also more energy literate, too.
IslanderAg04
nortex97 said:

Quote:

This should not greatly surprise anyone though. Just as Republicans are more economically literate than Democrats, they are also more energy literate, too.

Only thing i learned from that graph is independent voters are worse than democrats.
Teslag
AG
The idea that a vehicle purchase is in any way political is truly odd.
Manhattan
Being able to create, store and travel with your own energy makes you energy illiterate? I would call that independent or self sufficient.
IslanderAg04
Teslag said:

How so? leadership has made it political. This is what happens when government oversteps the free market.
IslanderAg04
Manhattan said:

Being able to create, store and travel with your own energy makes you energy illiterate? I would call that independent or self sufficient.

You do realize fossil fuels are stored energy right.
nortex97
AG
Teslag said:

You've made it very clear you don't care one iota about the environment or labor practices involved in producing your vehicle, and have campaigned against all heretics about the brand/type of vehicle you chose for yourself.

Lamenting that others have different political views about it is a bit rich.

As is the post by manhattan demonstrating a lack of understanding of physics and economics.
Houstonag
AG
This is really funny and clearly shows the deficiency in the entire EV concept. Not that they do not have a place like my golf cart.

The idea that Biden states and his staff that no more drilling, etc. is idiotic. Asphalt, concrete, fertilizer, pharma, building products, etc. all require fossil fuels.

America wake up.
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

Teslag said:

You've made it very clear you don't care one iota about the environment or labor practices involved in producing your vehicle, and have campaigned against all heretics about the brand/type of vehicle you chose for yourself.

As is the post by manhattan demonstrating a lack of understanding of physics and economics.

Exactly. A car is a tool and nothing more. Find one that fits your desire, use, and price range and buy it. It doesn't need to be political.
IslanderAg04
Teslag said:

nortex97 said:

Teslag said:

Exactly. A car is a tool and nothing more. Find one that fits your desire, use, and price range and buy it. It doesn't need to be political.

Well then tell leadership to stop making it political. Dont understand why you cant see that.

This coming from a guy who asks me if my wife is a lesbian because she drives a subaru.
McInnis
AG
Houstonag said:

This is really funny and clearly shows the deficiency in the entire EV concept. Not that they do not have a place like my golf cart.

The idea that Biden states and his staff that no more drilling, etc. is idiotic. Asphalt, concrete, fertilizer, pharma, building products, etc. all require fossil fuels.

America wake up.
Your list is a good start. You could add to that anything made of plastic or nylon which pretty much covers most clothes, car parts, etc.
Manhattan
IslanderAg04 said:

Manhattan said:

You do realize fossil fuels are stored energy right.

Nobody here drills for their own oil and refines it into gasoline.
Manhattan
You can buy a cobalt free EV right now in the US and it is the most efficient EV on the market.
TRADUCTOR
Freenergy believers unite around free.
nortex97
AG
Teslag said:

nortex97 said:

Teslag said:

Said the guy with something like 500 posts about his EV on a politics message board.
nortex97
AG
Manhattan said:

You can buy a cobalt free EV right now in the US and it is the most efficient EV on the market.
You can also pray to the God of Unicorn Farts to heat your home tonight. Just fyi, since we are trading 'things you can do today' ideas.
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

Teslag said:

nortex97 said:

Teslag said:

Said the guy with something like 500 posts about his EV on a politics message board.

Which means 501 were probably posted by you. You have an irrational hatred towards an element (lithium) and an inanimate object.
AggieUSMC
AG
nortex97 said:

Quote:

A disproportionate number Republicans also tend to live in rural areas that make EVs impractical as well.
Teslag
AG
The truth is that EV's are impractical for most drivers, mainly due to the cost difference.
Manhattan
nortex97 said:

Manhattan said:

You can also pray to the God of Unicorn Farts to heat your home tonight. Just fyi, since we are trading 'things you can do today' ideas.
well heat pumps are more efficient that burning *anything* so unicorn farts are pretty cool.
Shooter McGavin
AG
Teslag said:

Old video is old. This is every supercharger in DFW during the middle of rush hour right now. Tons of availability.

Stick to lithium mine fear mongering.

This is far from convenient. You would have to drive a significant distance from some locations. There's a gas station on damn near every corner
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 193

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.