Congressional aid sues Jerry Jones

13,055 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fka ftc
Trucker 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So this suit is basically "it's not fair that I still have to abide by an NDA my mother signed on both of our behalves when i as a baby, albeit pay no attention to the fact i've/we've been spending all the $$$ attached to it". If she's willing to repay everything she's collected from the trust as an adult and forfeit any future amounts due, then that's a starting point
The Collective
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

Am I the only one intrigued by the fact the mistress was,

"Court documents said Cynthia Davis was subpoenaed to give a deposition in the divorce proceedings of Jones' daughter, Charlotte Jones Anderson. Court documents for that case are also sealed."

Why the hell would the mistress be part of his claimed daughter's divorce proceeding?

Something to do with splitting up Charlotte's assets perhaps? It is interesting.
BMX Bandit
Kvetch said:

Any lawyers have an actual legal opinion as to the legitimacy of a claim here? Any case law support damages for the enforcement of a hush money NDA?
this is based on the news stories, as I have not seen the petition nor the contract.

she is not asking for damages, just a declaration that she is not bound by the contract. she should win that case because generally a parent is not going to be able to bind a child to a contract, especially if it continues past age 18.

On the inheritance issue, I highly doubt Jerry's will says "to my children." He has an beneficiary listed by name.

while the lawsuit itself isn't about money, thats clearly the long term angle. maybe she thinks she can turn that into an instagram model career.
The Collective
AG
I wonder how many of these are out there for Jerry. Remember that bathroom incident from several years back? Dude has no self-control.
Tramp96
Page 2 and still no pictures of her?

This place is losing its touch.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Fine, I'll save the thread
TJaggie14
AG
GT_Aggie2015
AG
1, 1
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ol Jerry gettin after it.

Godspeed
The Collective
AG
BourbonAg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Kvetch said:

Any lawyers have an actual legal opinion as to the legitimacy of a claim here? Any case law support damages for the enforcement of a hush money NDA?
this is based on the news stories, as I have not seen the petition nor the contract.

she is not asking for damages, just a declaration that she is not bound by the contract. she should win that case because generally a parent is not going to be able to bind a child to a contract, especially if it continues past age 18.

On the inheritance issue, I highly doubt Jerry's will says "to my children." He has an beneficiary listed by name.

while the lawsuit itself isn't about money, thats clearly the long term angle. maybe she thinks she can turn that into an instagram model career.
Long time since law school but I think she is going to have some waiver/estoppel issues, particularly if she knew about the contract when she was 18 and waited 7 years to do anything about it all while accepting the benefits of the contract.
eiggA2002
AG
Jerry's got more fun babies than Super Bowls over that time
IndividualFreedom
No kidding, let's get some images of mom and the 20 something y/o plantiff.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Mom probably took her out to a nice brunch somewhere.

Maybe at a country club, who knows.

In any event. Mom sits her down, says now that you old enough I got to tell you something.

[Takes sip of mimosa]

I f***** Jerry Jones and he your baby daddy.

Does that mean we rich?

No, I spent all the money already on botox and other random s***. Sorry.

We got sue that mf'er then.

[clink]
Faustus
BourbonAg said:

BMX Bandit said:

Kvetch said:

Long time since law school but I think she is going to have some waiver/estoppel issues, particularly if she knew about the contract when she was 18 and waited 7 years to do anything about it all while accepting the benefits of the contract.
Yeah, at this point she's blown right through the NDA and the story ran on ESPN. I doubt Jerry is going to sue on the contract because it would make him look like (more of) an ass. So she's achieved her goals to a large extent (said who her Dad is, and gained notoriety to the extent she was looking for same).
BourbonAg
AG
Agreed.
Pinche Guero
AG
Conceived at the stab cabin?
91AggieLawyer
AG
Fore Left! said:

Since when can you, as an adult, successfully sue someone for being your bio dad? He gave your mom an injection and it sounds like he fulfilled his agreement with her. 25 year old fun babies aren't owed anything. Someone is going for the "Jerry pays to make his headaches go away" settlement

She's not suing him for being her dad. I think the short of it is she didn't sign the agreement and doesn't want to be bound by it.

Others can chime in if they think this is something different.

But yes, I do think there's a "pay to go away" aspect of this and anything related to JJ. He's folded so many times.
Trucker 96
I posted that before any further details were out, or at least details that I wasn't going to pay DMN for. Still feels like there was a buck attempting to be made coming off the Dalrymple controversy. I'm curious what the initial approach was, i.e. "hey, she was a minor when this was entered on her behalf, let's revisit terms." But my "i just wanna name my daddy" sympathy is low if she's been collecting for the past 7 years.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
So my choices here are philandering billionaire or spoiled millionaire 25 year old brat?

I vote asteroid.
murphyag
AG
JJ had a mistress that everyone knew about back in the 1990s that was as an Aggie. Wonder if the mom is that particular mistress.
rangerdanger
AG
Fore Left! said:

Hate it all you want. I'm talking about money and things to be hashed out in court, not church or in therapy or at st peter's gate. 25 year olds are not owed money from their parents. It appears that he came to an agreement with her mother and provided quite a bit, partly evidenced by her now being an SMU grad

25 year olds also don't need to be quiet for the rest of their lives because of choices her parents made. To me, it sounds like Jones didn't want to pay for the luxury of the NDA anymore, and the daughter is like sure, let's blow this **** up then.
Win At Life
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

Fore Left! said:

Since when can you, as an adult, successfully sue someone for being your bio dad? He gave your mom an injection and it sounds like he fulfilled his agreement with her. 25 year old fun babies aren't owed anything. Someone is going for the "Jerry pays to make his headaches go away" settlement
I hate your take that a '25 year old fun baby' isn't owed anything......

When a man fathers a child, he should provide for them when they are young, spend time supporting and being in their life when they grow up, and YES.... you should love them enough to publicly proclaim them as your child and love them for the rest of your life.

If this is true, then shame on Jerry Jones. That makes him an absent father. I hope she gets half a billion.

Getting half a billion seems pretty optimistic.
Tramp96
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Is that the mom on the right?

Well done, Jerry. Well done.

WHOOP!'91
AG
I would say the contract expired when she became an adult, and now he doesn't owe her anything and she is not bound by the NDA.

He would have to pay the child for her slience.
BMX Bandit
one would need to see the agreement to offer any real opinion, but would be interesting if Jerry agreed with mom that he would pay money into daughter trust yearly if mom remained quiet about paternity. if daughter talks, does he still owe the money? that may be what this case is about. would love to see the petition.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Mom on the right per coworker.
Burdizzo
AG
Fear InoculAg said:

What is she suing for?

Orthodontic reimbursement
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Fore Left! said:

Hate it all you want. I'm talking about money and things to be hashed out in court, not church or in therapy or at st peter's gate. 25 year olds are not owed money from their parents. It appears that he came to an agreement with her mother and provided quite a bit, partly evidenced by her now being an SMU grad
Babies can't make decisions!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
The Collective
AG
Fear InoculAg said:

What is she suing for?

Some gloryhole.
hunter2012
AG
TacosaurusRex
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Faustus
BMX Bandit said:

one would need to see the agreement to offer any real opinion, but would be interesting if Jerry agreed with mom that he would pay money into daughter trust yearly if mom remained quiet about paternity. if daughter talks, does he still owe the money? that may be what this case is about. would love to see the petition.
I'm not sure what the DMN link says, but ESPN quoted some of the language from the suit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33464117/woman-sues-jerry-jones-alleges-dallas-cowboys-owner-biological-father

Quote:

. . .
Jones is alleged to have set up two trusts that the lawsuit alleges contained "the hush money payment and the hush money terms," including $375,000 paid to Davis Spencer. Jones agreed to "provide, through indirect means and with his personal identity hidden, ongoing financial support for Cynthia and Plaintiff so long as Cynthia remained silent about the fact that he was Plaintiff's father," the lawsuit alleges. "If Cynthia failed to maintain such silence, the support would end at Defendant Jones' discretion and Cynthia would supposedly be in breach of the deal."
. . .
GT_Aggie2015
AG
TacosaurusRex said:

GT_Aggie2015 said:

That video of Jerry and then his head turn at the end like "what did I just miss?"
DogHouse95
AG
Faustus said:

BMX Bandit said:

I'm not sure what the DMN link says, but ESPN quoted some of the language from the suit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33464117/woman-sues-jerry-jones-alleges-dallas-cowboys-owner-biological-father

Quote:

. . .
Jones is alleged to have set up two trusts that the lawsuit alleges contained "the hush money payment and the hush money terms," including $375,000 paid to Davis Spencer. Jones agreed to "provide, through indirect means and with his personal identity hidden, ongoing financial support for Cynthia and Plaintiff so long as Cynthia remained silent about the fact that he was Plaintiff's father," the lawsuit alleges. "If Cynthia failed to maintain such silence, the support would end at Defendant Jones' discretion and Cynthia would supposedly be in breach of the deal."
. . .

Seems like mom telling daughter would violate her duty to remain silent about paternity. Seems like a huge loophole to allow mom to tell someone (even daughter) who could then disclose to the world what was agreed upon to be kept quiet... and still get paid.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.